Football
Sponsored by

Upon a nights sleep and thinking about the new yellow direction we're going....

19,106 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
Stefano DiMera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Id love to see the way some of y'all dress when you're out with your wives or girlfriend...or boyfriend's.

Bunch of fashionistas on this board.
DST
Shippou said:

Reverend said:

"Im 28 years old, and all my life" make me laugh. No disrespect intended.
I'm sorry it's just from 1990 to 2018, with very few outliers we've worn gold(actual gold) helmets with some other colors mixed in there. To not see it is just weird to me.
Pay the boomers no mind. The fact that the Bill Beall era gets brought up in regards to uniforms to this very day when it ended 48 years ago should tell you a lot about some of the demographics on this site. You don't have to have been in the stands for the 1/1/1981 Cotton Bowl to know Baylor wears gold helmets and to think these matte Gold Rush t-shirt colored helmets are fugly af.
Grizz Air
These uniforms ARE pretty much the worst I could ever imagine, but I still won't turn my back on the team. But my support comes at a much lower cost than yours. Maybe a million cents over that amount of time, but not a million dollars.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Mitch Blood Green
Bylrbear said:

If we win, who gives a *****

What if we lose in those uniforms?
bear2be2
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Man, you should have expected to get pummeled with such a "negative nelly" post. I have been there. Such posts are generally not tolerated around here.

I really don't give a rat's ass about the color of uniforms of Baylor. Never have and never will. They lost me when I realized that the leadership and direction of Baylor and I really just no longer have much in common. People change. Companies change. College and Universities change. It is what it is. Life is too short to just settle and to just blindly go along to get along. Baylor is just a place I earned my college degree 33 years ago. Nothing more. And that is okay.
But it's not too short to spend hours upon hours on a message board for a team you claim no longer to support?

bear2be2
Les3 said:

I think most of you think ALL Baylor alumni care about athletic uniforms. I'm sorry...most do not.

Having one green and one gold is long overdue (IMO). We can argue over shades all day.

You notice the number of uniform threads on the other sports boards on here are minimal in comparison to this board. Football uniforms for us old guys brings out passions. It's ok to disagree on it. To quit supporting your university because of the uniform selection frankly is bizarre to me. Free country...do as you please. I, will support the Bears.
I agree completely.

I don't like these uniforms at all, and that is likely to be the case as long as we wear them ... regardless of our team's record over that span.

But I would never stop rooting for/supporting Baylor because of that. And frankly, I too find the notion pretty odd.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Man, you should have expected to get pummeled with such a "negative nelly" post. I have been there. Such posts are generally not tolerated around here.

I really don't give a rat's ass about the color of uniforms of Baylor. Never have and never will. They lost me when I realized that the leadership and direction of Baylor and I really just no longer have much in common. People change. Companies change. College and Universities change. It is what it is. Life is too short to just settle and to just blindly go along to get along. Baylor is just a place I earned my college degree 33 years ago. Nothing more. And that is okay.
But it's not too short to spend hours upon hours on a message board for a team you claim no longer to support?

Relax dude. Smile. Be happy. Today is a great day to be alive, as is every day.

I will always root for Baylor and hope they win. Until there are major changes in the direction and selection of the leadership of Baylor, I will no longer support Baylor financially. I have a lot of friends here that I have had since joining Baylorfans back in 2002. I'm not gonna let a handful of jackbooted loyalists run me off completely. Sorry.

For the record, I don't post on the football board much anymore. I waste most of my time on the R & P board instead. I hope Baylor wins whether it be a football game or a debate tournament. Sic 'Em! Hope you have a wonderful week. God willing, I'm sure going to.

Jim
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
bularry
DubDub said:

Winning can't fix ugly. Winning can't bring back time honored traditions.

These things will be awful regardless of the football team being 15-0, or 0-12.

Ugly is subjective
baylor1999
tommie said:

Bylrbear said:

If we win, who gives a *****

What if we lose in those uniforms?
Then we look like some real dumbasses
Tiny Elvis
DubDub, please post your real name.

Thanks,
Tiny Elvis
adambear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

So, you wanted a degree from a football school, and chose ... early 80s Baylor University?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
adambear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

So, you wanted a degree from a football school, and chose ... early 80s Baylor University?
Baylor has never been, and it appears never will be a football school. We tried the big time once but it just wasn't meant to be.

We are an institution of women's basketball. Our gymnastics & tumbling team is pretty badass as well.

How bout them Lady Basketball Bears!!!!

-- Barack Obama
bularry
Stefano DiMera said:

Id love to see the way some of y'all dress when you're out with your wives or girlfriend...or boyfriend's.

Bunch of fashionistas on this board.

Just like OP, I divorced first wife when she wore wrong shade of pink on Easter '01. I just walked away
Prairie_Bear
LOL! I have been reading/posting about BU athletics for 19 years across 4 different message board platforms and nothing, I mean NOTHING, gets the "men" of BU worked up like a colors of the uniform thread.

If anybody knows where I can get a pair of those basketball shorts please let me know!
LTbear
Prairie_Bear said:

LOL! I have been reading/posting about BU athletics for 19 years across 4 different message board platforms and nothing, I mean NOTHING, gets the "men" of BU worked up like a colors of the uniform thread!

Truth
PartyBear
It may have to do with no other school tries to give a reboot to one or both school colors every 6-10 years like we have the past 30 or so years.
BearBuck
Wait, I thought you'd said your goodbyes and were gone? Still lingering around here, huh?

Too bad in addition to not being a man, you also can't keep your promises to go away.
No Longer Gold
BearBuck said:

Wait, I thought you'd said your goodbyes and were gone? Still lingering around here, huh?

Too bad in addition to not being a man, you also can't keep your promises to go away.
Never said I was leaving. Someone has to man up and fight for those that fund and keep the lights on. I just said

My money will no longer be headed toward Athletics, StuFu, and the Endowment.
Texasjeremy
If the players and recruits like them (and by all accounts they do), thats good enough for me.
Shippou
Another thing I think, and I just now realized this. Maybe at some point we'll get an "alternate" old/Vegas gold helmet and "Throwback" uniforms as an option. The gunmetal helmets weren't added until a couple of years ago, so here's hoping Nike throws us a bone.
EvilTroyAndAbed
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Until there are major changes in the direction and selection of the leadership of Baylor, I will no longer support Baylor financially.
Nobody cares
Michibear
DubDub said:

My money will no longer be headed toward Athletics, StuFu, and the Endowment.
So, punish poor kids studying at Baylor because you don't like the uniform color?

Eh, okay, if that's the way you roll...

PartyBear
Shippou said:

Another thing I think, and I just now realized this. Maybe at some point we'll get an "alternate" old/Vegas gold helmet and "Throwback" uniforms as an option. The gunmetal helmets weren't added until a couple of years ago, so here's hoping Nike throws us a bone.
Pitt did this about 20 years ago. The opposite direction of us they Baylorized their look going from historic royal blue and mustard to dark blue/navy and metallic vegas gold and changed their mark as well. Not popular due to that not being the historic look. Kind of like our now Pittized look, except we stuck with our dark green. Anyhow last year they had their historic uni as an alt. I think they wore it int he ACC championship game (they were in that right?) anyway it was in big game of their's at the end of the season. Low and behold their outfitter has just rebranded Pitt back to its historic cursive "Pitt" mark and royal blue and mustard colors. I think the cursive "Pitt" mark creeped back in before now actually.

So yes Nike can send us back our historic look as an alt.
Prairie_Bear
DubDub said:

BearBuck said:

Never said I was leaving. Someone has to man up and fight for those that fund and keep the lights on.

DOUBLE LOL! So "man up" is to create a public whiny everybody look at me take my ball and go home post over the hue color on a uniform?
That seems far more like what would come out of a contested sorority meeting over sing colors and the opposite of what a real "man" would do.
Guy Noir
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Until there are major changes in the direction and selection of the leadership of Baylor, I will no longer support Baylor financially.
Nobody cares
Absolutely. I finally get it. It took me a while to figure that out, but I finally did. Better late than never! Blue star for you, Troy!I just turned your post blue. We are Baylor!

-- Barack Obama
Russell Gym
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Nobody cares
Absolutely. I finally get it.. It took me a while to figure that out, but I finally did. Better late than never! Blue star for you, Troy!

Don't be down, little buddy. You can still join the Cub Club.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Russell Gym said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Nobody cares
Absolutely. I finally get it.. It took me a while to figure that out, but I finally did. Better late than never! Blue star for you, Troy!

Don't be down, little buddy. You can still join the Cub Club.
Man, there is nothing down with me. Life is good. As a matter of fact, life is better than it has ever been in my 55 years of life. Hope things are good at the ole Russell Gym!

-- Barack Obama
wacomav
This.
trey3216
Funny thing is, some of the same posters *****ing about these new unis were *****ing about them 7-10 years ago for not being traditional enough. That tradition of doing absolutely nothing for the prior 15 years and slightly above .500 for the years before that. Of all our traditions, *****ing at each other about uniforms is pretty close to the top
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Edmond Bear
DubDub said:

Winning can't fix ugly. Winning can't bring back time honored traditions.

These things will be awful regardless of the football team being 15-0, or 0-12.

What time honored traditions are you referring to? Cause the unis and colors have changed every X years throughout the history of the program.

Reverend
We will all hear some crap about those mustard unis. They are horrible. But if we win it will be ok.
drahthaar
Bubear2020 said:

A former alumni association member who feels personally attacked by the alumni association being shutdown. There was no reason to have a separate branch most colleges and their alumni association are together and Baylor had one on campus and another group turned BLR off campus spouting off like a bunch of idiots.

A lot of you don't realize how hard it is to manage a university especially one of our size that is trying to keep its Christian values in a world of political correctness and trying to stay financially stable without killing tuition payers. It's not easy but I know all of you have the answers to everything just like you do during football season despite not coaching at all only with the exception of your sons peewee team where you tried to make your son the hero you never were. Now some of you will feel super attacked saying that wasn't me but knowing deep down I perfectly summed you up.

Is this post whiny absolutely. The true fans here are so frekin tired of all you ungrateful whiny butts that weren't even around when all we would do is lose. So steal a move from the guy up top and just leave and I don't care if the door hits you on the way out or not as long as y'all are gone.

Lots of disconnect here.
BearPa
BearPa
Backporch
DubDub said:

I'm out.

Not renewing tickets, not continuing student foundation endowment, canceling life insurance policy.

This school is going a different direction.

It no longer cares about the alumn nor the past greatness of what it once was.

Congrats Baylor, you forced me out with your desire to go yellow.

It wasn't that alone, it was just the last straw.

Was it worth it? That's about 1mil lump when I die, and about 15k a year.

Don't worry, I won't let the door hit me.
Peak Virtue Signaling.

Feel better?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.