Football
Sponsored by

Upon a nights sleep and thinking about the new yellow direction we're going....

19,095 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
No Longer Gold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Backporch said:

DubDub said:

I'm out.

Not renewing tickets, not continuing student foundation endowment, canceling life insurance policy.

This school is going a different direction.

It no longer cares about the alumn nor the past greatness of what it once was.

Congrats Baylor, you forced me out with your desire to go yellow.

It wasn't that alone, it was just the last straw.

Was it worth it? That's about 1mil lump when I die, and about 15k a year.

Don't worry, I won't let the door hit me.
Peak Virtue Signaling.

Feel better?
hmmm...interesting retort.

In which way do you suggest I am imitating feign virtue?

As much I feel fighting for the tradition of gold helmets is a virtuous task, by your retort, I believe you do not.

Therefore, I suggest your comment may have actually been in reference to your own action among those that you feel have your same perception of those with different beliefs.

Perhaps?

Do you now feel better?
Jacques Strap
Bylrbear said:

If we win, who gives a *****
My attitude. I like the mustard greens but even if I didn't I'd rather win than like the uniforms.
CorsicanaBear

Quote:

I'd rather win than like the uniforms.
You can love the winning and hate the uniforms (that will be my case if we win). Winning does not require willfully discarding our traditions.
Illigitimus non carborundum
bear2be2
Jacques Strap said:

Bylrbear said:

If we win, who gives a *****
My attitude. I like the mustard greens but even if I didn't I'd rather win than like the uniforms.
Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. We could win and look good doing it.

Winning is more important to me, and I'll stop caring/talking about the uniforms as soon as there are more important things to discuss. But I can't help but feel like we missed an opportunity with this rebrand. And it's not even about the color change for me. I could live with the yellow if the uniforms were better executed. I just don't like these home uniforms at all and won't as long as we're in them.
Krieg
whitetrash said:

Just remember: if we win 3 games this fall, it will double the number of wins in BU history while wearing mustard yellow.

We've won 1.5 games in mustard? I'd actually kind of like to see that happen.
PartyBear
It means we have 3 win currently in yellow pants. Three more give us 6 wins in our history with yellow pants.
Edmond Bear
CorsicanaBear said:

Quote:

You can love the winning and hate the uniforms (that will be my case if we win). Winning does not require willfully discarding our traditions.

Which tradition? Kelly green? Forest green? Lime green? Championship gold? Vegas gold? Any of the five bear logos?
PartyBear
Well in football which has set our athletic brand since the late 1800s, metallic looking gold is what we have primarily used for gold on the uniform from the very beginning to last Saturday, with the exception of Beall's 3 years if you want to be technical and say this is not unprecedented.
Edmond Bear
PartyBear said:

Well in football which has set our athletic brand since the late 1800s, metallic looking gold is what we have primarily used for gold on the uniform from the very beginning to last Saturday, with the exception of Beall's 3 years if you want to be technical and say this is not unprecedented.

Well, which metallic gold? The light gold? Dark gold? The bright gold? Or, the bright yellow stripe in the 50's?
PartyBear
A yellow stripe would not constitute "the gold we have primarily used in football" over the past 120 years. Let's not pretend green and metallic gold has not been been the brand for the previous 120 years. I have said since the unveil that the mustard advocates can have their way by tweaking the color to be metallic looking on the pants and helmets. I think that color looks sharp with that look.
bearassnekkid
DubDub said:

I'm out.

Not renewing tickets, not continuing student foundation endowment, canceling life insurance policy.

This school is going a different direction.

It no longer cares about the alumn nor the past greatness of what it once was.

Congrats Baylor, you forced me out with your desire to go yellow.

It wasn't that alone, it was just the last straw.

Was it worth it? That's about 1mil lump when I die, and about 15k a year.

Don't worry, I won't let the door hit me.
Guy Noir
Actually, many of us old alumni are tired of you arrogant folks that claim to know everything and want to run off anyone who is an independent thinker so that you can claim that you are great leaders while Baylor is following other schools down a path of mediocrity.

I have 15 years experience at a University that has made excellent progress toward being a top tier research university. I owned season tickets through the Steele/Morris era.

I was merely backing up the claim that the Baylor Leadership does not readily listen to alumni. Are you disputing that claim, or are you debating the item with your ad hominem attacks? I can accept the new colors scheme but I reserve the right to call it ugly.
No Longer Gold
Guy Noir said:

Actually, many of us old alumni are tired of you arrogant folks that claim to know everything and want to run off anyone who is an independent thinker so that you can claim that you are great leaders while Baylor is following other schools down a path of mediocrity.

I have 15 years experience at a University that has made excellent progress toward being a top tier research university. I owned season tickets through the Steele/Morris era.

I was merely backing up the claim that the Baylor Leadership does not readily listen to alumni. Are you disputing that claim, or are you debating the item with your ad hominem attacks? I can accept the new colors scheme but I reserve the right to call it ugly.
cheerio
bularry
Edmond Bear said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Quote:

Which tradition? Kelly green? Forest green? Lime green? Championship gold? Vegas gold? Any of the five bear logos?

My thoughts exactly. And none of the other sports ever wore the same shade of green as football.
CorsicanaBear
It isn't the green. Its the yellow. And its not the other sports, nobody cares what they wear. Its the yellow football helmets that make us look like Packers/Bison. Our tradition is gold football helmets (of varying shades) with green (of varying shades) or white jerseys, not government cheese yellow. Also football has never worn yellow as a predominant color. Just get rid of the yellow unis and wear gold helmets with green or white. Tradition and change are then both served.
Jacques Strap
The more I look at that full mustard package the better I like it. Need that mustard helmet to complete the package.

xiledinok
DubDub said:

Winning can't fix ugly. Winning can't bring back time honored traditions.

These things will be awful regardless of the football team being 15-0, or 0-12.
You and your wife can go purse shopping with the money you will not be giving to Baylor. A few more trips to the nail salon and day spa on Saturday to move on from Baylor.

Only our alumni would get upset about uniforms. I d rather worry about the defense stopping offenses with a pulse.
bularry
CorsicanaBear said:

It isn't the green. Its the yellow. And its not the other sports, nobody cares what they wear. Its the yellow football helmets that make us look like Packers/Bison. Our tradition is gold football helmets (of varying shades) with green (of varying shades) or white jerseys, not government cheese yellow. Also football has never worn yellow as a predominant color. Just get rid of the yellow unis and wear gold helmets with green or white. Tradition and change are then both served.

Why do you keep saying "government cheese" is that supposed to hype the insult? Gonna call the Nike Tep a beta or cuck next?
whitetrash
bularry said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Why do you keep saying "government cheese" is that supposed to hype the insult? Gonna call the Nike Tep a beta or cuck next?
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

I d rather worry about the defense stopping offenses with a pulse.
I worry about that too. I can be worried about more than one thing at a time.

I wish the AD and admin were as worried about the money the B12 is holding back as rebranding. I guess that makes 3 things I'm worried about.
trey3216
CorsicanaBear said:

Quote:

I d rather worry about the defense stopping offenses with a pulse.
I worry about that too. I can be worried about more than one thing at a time.

I wish the AD and admin were as worried about the money the B12 is holding back as rebranding. I guess that makes 3 things I'm worried about.

I'd bet they are quite a bit more concerned about it than re-branding. I'd also bet some re-branding is a result of the fact that there's nothing they can do about the withholding, and what brought it about, and putting some distance between them and now.

But I doubt they have the foresight of such a monumental idea.

These takes are starting to wear on me. Some of y'all seem to have zero critical thinking skills
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
greggor25
Good grief some people on this board are pathetic. Get on board with the team or ship out!
CorsicanaBear
Teams, coaches and administrations come and go (you have bee paying attention since 2000 or so haven't you). I'm for Baylor and her traditions.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
CorsicanaBear said:

Teams, coaches and administrations come and go (you have bee paying attention since 2000 or so haven't you). I'm for Baylor and her traditions.
If you are going to proclaim to be a Christian university, your leadership needs to walk the walk. We are now no better than SMU or TCU when it comes to Christian values. It is really kind of embarrassing. But most alums don't seem to really care at this point. And that is okay. I am okay with being a casual fan of Baylor.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
CorsicanaBear
I'm just looking for gold helmets at this point. Since Sloan et al I've even given up looking for anything from common sense to decency. Especially from the BOR.
curtpenn
CorsicanaBear said:

I'm just looking for gold helmets at this point. Since Sloan et al I've even given up looking for anything from common sense to decency. Especially from the BOR.
Exactly this. Wouldn't think that would be so difficult to grasp. Yeah, the all yellow sucks hard.
Timbear
At least at Baylor, students are still encouraged to do the right thing, unlike other Universities. That's always been a key difference.
Edmond Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

CorsicanaBear said:

If you are going to proclaim to be a Christian university, your leadership needs to walk the walk. We are now no better than SMU or TCU when it comes to Christian values. It is really kind of embarrassing. But most alums don't seem to really care at this point. And that is okay. I am okay with being a casual fan of Baylor.

Wow, this is not even remotely close to my observation or my freshman daughter's. It may not be as Baptist as it used to be but that is not the same thing as Christian. My daughter's experience at Baylor is way different than her friends' at TCU.

xiledinok
I think a few of you guys need to start taking trips to Bob Jones University and few other religious schools. Try Abilene Christian. It's not Baptist and clothing or uniforms are not emotional faith based issues.

A damn uniform thread causes a meltdown.
Timbear
I'm with you on this one, X.
Guy Noir
Timbear said:

At least at Baylor, students are still encouraged to do the right thing, unlike other Universities. That's always been a key difference.
As long as they do not report any sexual assaults.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
whitetrash said:

bularry said:

CorsicanaBear said:

That's not government cheese, that's Velveeta and with some Rotel it makes a fine and dandy Saturday watching football on the couch.
Bubear2020
You do reserve the right to call it ugly for sure but no matter what you call it it's still the school colors. I've been going to Baylor games for 21 years so I haven't seen as much as you but I have seen my fair share of losses and tough times.

I work with recruits on game days and some of the "old alumni" make our school look stupid when they're booing the coaches and the recruits parents are not shy to comment.

You're not gonna get much sympathy from me on school leadership because someone very close to me is top leadership at the school and she has listened to by people and puts up with a lot of crap but so many of you have so many different opinions and all complain when it's not your way that's chosen but if it was your way the other group would complain.

So all that to say our alumni base as a whole not everyone but all age groups have a pocket of people that need to get over themselves. Your not the only opinion, your not the only one who gives to Baylor your not the only one who whatever you think you are. Enough. It's embarrassing when I visit other schools and talk to people and they know how much our alumni fight. Get over yourselves.
Brownbw
Boys go to your room and no supper tonight. My take is everyone has a right to spend their money or not wherever they like. I am old and am resistant to change but Baylor is a little more than a place i got my degree. But i have never given Baylor a dime besides suppoting her sports teams. So i guess if i did support her more i might feel different. Baylor will miss your going. Hope you change your mind.
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes
GShack
Bubear2020 said:

You do reserve the right to call it ugly for sure but no matter what you call it it's still the school colors. I've been going to Baylor games for 21 years so I haven't seen as much as you but I have seen my fair share of losses and tough times.

I work with recruits on game days and some of the "old alumni" make our school look stupid when they're booing the coaches and the recruits parents are not shy to comment.

You're not gonna get much sympathy from me on school leadership because someone very close to me is top leadership at the school and she has listened to by people and puts up with a lot of crap but so many of you have so many different opinions and all complain when it's not your way that's chosen but if it was your way the other group would complain.

So all that to say our alumni base as a whole not everyone but all age groups have a pocket of people that need to get over themselves. Your not the only opinion, your not the only one who gives to Baylor your not the only one who whatever you think you are. Enough. It's embarrassing when I visit other schools and talk to people and they know how much our alumni fight. Get over yourselves.

Hope she registered you for English in the fall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.