Football
Sponsored by

Baylor adds Texas Southern to 2021 Football Schedule

12,942 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ShooterTX
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

historian said:

Bear8084 said:

Just showing Rhoades is doing what he needs to be doing. Those complaining about this game against TSU are forgetting the big P5s that are also coming up and trying to use this game as a way to criticize the AD now when there really doesn't need to be any criticism.

Some people just like to criticize. They don't necessarily need a legitimate reason (& often don't have one).
And as if on cue, in comes Thee to prove historian right.
And right on cue you expose yourself as sporting the limpest of wrists, the most penciled of necks and a concave chest.

How can you seriously defend the likes of Incarnate Word and Texas Southern for Baylor opponents? Seriously!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
zunooreo said:

Alabama's 2019/20 schedule:

8/31 Duke *****
9/07 New Mexico State ****
9/14 South Carolina
9/21 Southern Mississippi ****
9/28 Mississippi
10/12 Texas A&M
10/19 Tennessee
10/26 Arkansas
11/09 LSU
11/16 Mississippi State
11/23 Western Carolina ****
11/30 Auburn

Any questions? I didn't think so.....
They earned that right. 17 national championships. 4 national finalists. 31 conference titles (no ties).

.726 all time

Baylor? 0 national titles. 0 national finalists. 9 conference titles (4 are ties)

.509 all time

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
Whether you want to admit it or not Baylor is in a fight for our football future and life. Times are changing and if we continue on down the path of being a middle of the road team that schedules like Alan Alda or Liberace we are going to be left out.

I've always believed that Baylor needs to over impress. Arthur had us rolling but we were beating up on pansies and running up stats on everyone yet could not stop any decent team when the chips were down (Fiesta & Cotton).

Buy these knuckleheads out now and play someone that is impressive.
xiledinok
Schedule like we belong and stop scheduling to create statistics to make assistants like Baby Briles look like major OCs. Stats to hide on the job training.
xiledinok
Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

8/31 Duke *****
9/14 South Carolina
9/28 Mississippi
10/12 Texas A&M
10/19 Tennessee
10/26 Arkansas
11/09 LSU
11/16 Mississippi State
11/30 Auburn

They earned that right. 17 national championships. 4 national finalists. 31 conference titles (no ties).

.726 all time

Baylor? 0 national titles. 0 national finalists. 9 conference titles (4 are ties)

.509 all time

These guys have been brain washed with the Art Briles' way to duck and avoid people or competition.

There's two things in college football that matter.
1) Schedule to make tv money. That means no Jesus Christ Pope U or Lamar over Alabama
2) Make your conference bowl money.

Baylor made the conference zero bowl money until 2010 and then had rootin tootin ignorant boy coach give tv the middle finger. It was a recipe for disaster and gave the networks good incentive to rid college football of shady Art.

Alabama makes the networks big money and occasionally rearranges their schedule to make tv money in September.
Also, see Ohio State and their mess. It was minimized by tv because Ohio State always plays a big non conference game in September.

Finally, Ian was so midmajor and a pussie that he didn't listen to his conference. He made it easy for the Big 12 to snag our tv money as a reminder to act like a conference member.
toughbear
There are no legit excuses for the trash non conference teams that we have played in our fantastic stadium-
Oldbear83
Thee University said:

Oldbear83 said:

historian said:

Bear8084 said:

Just showing Rhoades is doing what he needs to be doing. Those complaining about this game against TSU are forgetting the big P5s that are also coming up and trying to use this game as a way to criticize the AD now when there really doesn't need to be any criticism.

Some people just like to criticize. They don't necessarily need a legitimate reason (& often don't have one).
And right on cue you expose yourself as sporting the limpest of wrists, the most penciled of necks and a concave chest.

How can you seriously defend the likes of Incarnate Word and Texas Southern for Baylor opponents? Seriously!
Not what I said, Thee. Although you continue to prove me right about what I did say.
BaylorRocks
toughbear said:

There are no legit excuses for the trash non conference teams that we have played in our fantastic stadium-
Perhaps if you spent more effort on studying/understanding the process and structure around how schools contract their non-conference opponents, and less throwing out uneducated knee-jerk judgements like this one, you would remove this post and save yourself some respect.

"no legit excuses"? What an internet hero you are. Be careful, its a long climb to reach X and "that other guy that posts on the free site" status. But it looks like you've started there.....
Timbear
Notice how the haters always post in groups. Kind of like ABC, NBC and CBS.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BU82EX said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Bear8084 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BU82EX said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Yogi said:

I am now a Texas Southern fan for the next couple of years.

(Plus my intern is attending there)
Milli is about to send you a very seemingly condescending and very confusing insult. Bank on it.
Troll alert. Don't scratch the rash...
Hugs and kisses, Sunshine!!!

You are sure delicate. Pump that sunshine, Baby!!! Mack Rhoades schedules Texas Southern and I'm a troll? Whatever dude.

I think weak sister scheduling in the Rhule era makes a WHOLE lot more sense than it did in the Briles era.

He also scheduled Auburn and Oregon.
I have heard through the grapevine that he is going to schedule Ohio State for a home and home starting in 2038. Real close to closing the deal. Hopefully Armageddon doesn't come first. God willing.
Sorry "dude", but you are a troll. When EVERYTHING in EVERY post is overwhelmingly negative it is clear that what generates pleasure for you is ripping everything Baylor. Pretty sad way to go through life, but that is what a troll chooses to do. Call me what you want, but I support Baylor University and choose to defend the program in the face of trolls like you. Doesn't mean I agree with everything the BOR or AD or Coach does, but I'm sure going to defend my school against a troll from Stephenville. A troll is predictable in their hate...and you are very predictable.
In looking at your profile and most all of your recent posts, I have determined that you are a stalker. Not sure why you are targeting me, but it is kinda creepy. Please stop.

It seems like you would get offended if I said Matt Rhule's dog has fleas. Grow up. Toughen up, Buttercup.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
zunooreo said:

toughbear said:

Perhaps if you spent more effort on studying/understanding the process and structure around how schools contract their non-conference opponents, and less throwing out uneducated knee-jerk judgements like this one, you would remove this post and save yourself some respect.

"no legit excuses"? What an internet hero you are. Be careful, its a long climb to reach X and "that other guy that posts on the free site" status. But it looks like you've started there.....

You company men need to work to get more of the general alumni to games and not worry about the alumni who aren't brainwashed with green and gold athletics.
xiledinok
Timbear said:

What about the Wall Street Journal? Conservative media dismisses Art Briles, his strange acting ways and excuses. The American public just doesn't buy Clay Travis or whatever talking heads promote Art Briles. They watch too many sports and have enough sense to know Art had no sense.
Thee University
Oldbear83 said:

Thee University said:

Oldbear83 said:

historian said:

Bear8084 said:

Not what I said, Thee. Although you continue to prove me right about what I did say.
I am consistent. Consistently RIGHT!

You still can't defend our scheduling.
Thee University
Timbear said:

I refuse to be lumped in with the REAL haters - CABers.

Call me the ultra disappointeds. I don't hate Art. I feel sorry for him. I also feel sorry for those still spinning their poor little wheels now 1151 days later.

The good news is that you have all raised your hands so that we know who you are.
Oldbear83
Thee University said:

Oldbear83 said:

Thee University said:

Oldbear83 said:

historian said:

Bear8084 said:

I am consistent. Consistently RIGHT!

You still can't defend our scheduling.

Sonny, go back to the start of this thread and read the first page, and you will see I criticized putting TSU on the schedule.

Your reading comprehension is comparable to your level of courtesy in these threads, Thee.
BearlyBeloved
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I have heard through the grapevine that he is going to schedule Ohio State for a home and home starting in 2038. Real close to closing the deal. Hopefully Armageddon doesn't come first. God willing.
We're scheduled to play Armageddon?!!? Is it a P5??

Not in the same league as Incarnate Word?
Thee University
Oldbear83 said:

Timbear said:

I think it's great. Let's have a few games each year that we pad our record and don't get beat up.
Long as we never see another 'Liberty' debacle.

Lose to Alabama or Clemson, no one laughs at you. Lose to a SWAC team and you will never live it down.
Old, ancient, decrepit, crusted over old man there it is.

I'm still having a hard time seeing where you criticized anything. If you are being critical in those 3 sentences you must be a snowflake millennial.
USNA82
Dum&@#, it's the third game of the season, you shouldn't be playing an advanced high school team at that point. Play somebody that can prep you for conference play.
Oldbear83
Thee University said:

Oldbear83 said:

Timbear said:

I think it's great. Let's have a few games each year that we pad our record and don't get beat up.

Lose to Alabama or Clemson, no one laughs at you. Lose to a SWAC team and you will never live it down.

I'm still having a hard time seeing where you criticized anything. If you are being critical in those 3 sentences you must be a snowflake millennial.
It's something we adults call "tact". You might get better results if you tried some, Thee.
Redbrickbear
Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

8/31 Duke *****
9/14 South Carolina
9/28 Mississippi
10/12 Texas A&M
10/19 Tennessee
10/26 Arkansas
11/09 LSU
11/16 Mississippi State
11/30 Auburn

.726 all time

.509 all time

Yea Baylor's leaders have done a bang up job hiring coaches who can actually you know.......coach

But hey "muh our values" and "muh our mission" right?
Thee University
Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

8/31 Duke *****
9/14 South Carolina
9/28 Mississippi
10/12 Texas A&M
10/19 Tennessee
10/26 Arkansas
11/09 LSU
11/16 Mississippi State
11/30 Auburn

.726 all time

.509 all time

Yea Baylor's leaders have done a bang up job hiring coaches who can actually you know.......coach

Don't tell me you did not understand Baylor's true mission statement and where football ranked in the order of importance before you became a Bear! Maybe you are not a Baylor grad? T-shirt fan?
Thee University
Oldbear83 said:

Thee University said:

Oldbear83 said:

Timbear said:

It's something we adults call "tact". You might get better results if you tried some, Thee.
I'm not here to be sensitive to people's feelings. I'm here for the entertainment value and marveling at how so many can be so misled. It is a great study in human psychology.

If you want someone to hug you and whisper lies into your ears you might want to head back to the pay side of this board.
Oldbear83
Thee University said:

Oldbear83 said:

Thee University said:

Oldbear83 said:

Timbear said:

I'm not here to be sensitive to people's feelings. I'm here for the entertainment value and marveling at how so many can be so misled. It is a great study in human psychology.

If you want someone to hug you and whisper lies into your ears you might want to head back to the pay side of this board.
Translation - Thee does not like being an adult. Maturity is not his thing.

OK then ...
xiledinok
Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

8/31 Duke *****
9/14 South Carolina
9/28 Mississippi
10/12 Texas A&M
10/19 Tennessee
10/26 Arkansas
11/09 LSU
11/16 Mississippi State
11/30 Auburn

.726 all time

.509 all time

If we could just hire coaches who didn't cheat and embarrass all of college athletics. Granted Art and Bliss could coach but they were scum off the field and never met a corner they didn't want to cut. It really sucks to have the biggest off the field losers attached to Baylor. I guess we should pray we don't hire another snake.

Speaking of values and hype, when is MT. V going to ghost write another book for Art? I hope he points out that the hyped dogfighter in his last book didn't make it to the NFL. He can also discuss how his bad choices or in his words "political decisions" were wrong and he has fallen from college football world to working for a few Boss Hoggs in East Texas. Should be a good read.
Redbrickbear
Thee University said:

Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

8/31 Duke *****
9/14 South Carolina
9/28 Mississippi
10/12 Texas A&M
10/19 Tennessee
10/26 Arkansas
11/09 LSU
11/16 Mississippi State
11/30 Auburn

.726 all time

.509 all time

Don't tell me you did not understand Baylor's true mission statement and where football ranked in the order of importance before you became a Bear! Maybe you are not a Baylor grad? T-shirt fan?
Wrong again dementia dan............Granddad, Dad, Wife, Uncle, Mother in law, 3 cousins, and I all have Baylor degrees hanging on the Wall.

Not to mention I'm also a direct descendant of President Rufus Burleson.

Plus......we have still not ever won a cotton bowl.....we don't have t-shirt fans.

Man I wish we did.

And unless the CTE is really hitting you hard you should know that "muh our mission" this the claptrap our leaders use to keep us quiet while they piss our money away.

Not to mention did you notice how they are now actively working with student homosexual groups? Having "listening sessions" and all that jazz. So much for our Christian moral mission when it comes to the Regents staying on the side of the Highland park respectable types and their mainstreaming of sodomy huh...lol
Redbrickbear
xiledinok said:

Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

8/31 Duke *****
9/14 South Carolina
9/28 Mississippi
10/12 Texas A&M
10/19 Tennessee
10/26 Arkansas
11/09 LSU
11/16 Mississippi State
11/30 Auburn

.726 all time

.509 all time

If we could just hire coaches who didn't cheat and embarrass all of college athletics. Granted Art and Bliss could coach but they were scum off the field and never met a corner they didn't want to cut. It really sucks to have the biggest off the field losers attached to Baylor. I guess we should pray we don't hire another snake.

Correct.

The Regents have an unparalleled ability to hire terrible people in both athletics and academics.

We have not moved up in the academic rankings at all for the last 20 years....still stuck in the high 70s....all while peer institutions are blowing past us. Not to mention tuition has skyrocketed.

We gave away one of the best dental schools in the country to a&m......f****** a&m....unbelievable.

And we still have not won a conference basketball title in 60 years......have not won a major bowl game since the Sugar in the 1950s....and never even sniffed a baseball title at Omaha.

The Regents suck on just about all levels.

But hey! They sure are good at making themselves money and protecting their own power!

Trail lawyers, finance guys (professional usurers & cheats), corporate dead weights, knucklehead preachers, and trust funders......what a chorus of heroes! lol

Wichitabear
We should have never given away our dental school. That irks me to this day.
drahthaar
zunooreo said:

8/31 Duke *****
9/14 South Carolina
9/28 Mississippi
10/12 Texas A&M
10/19 Tennessee
10/26 Arkansas
11/09 LSU
11/16 Mississippi State
11/30 Auburn

Neither Inky Word nor Tx Southern remotely resemble any of Tide's non-con opponents in terms of level of play. Not justified on any level for us to play those two with this team.
xiledinok
Redbrickbear said:

xiledinok said:

Redbrickbear said:

Thee University said:

zunooreo said:

8/31 Duke *****
9/14 South Carolina
9/28 Mississippi
10/12 Texas A&M
10/19 Tennessee
10/26 Arkansas
11/09 LSU
11/16 Mississippi State
11/30 Auburn

.726 all time

.509 all time

Correct.

The Regents have an unparalleled ability to hire terrible people in both athletics and academics.

We have not moved up in the academic rankings at all for the last 20 years....still stuck in the high 70s....all while peer institutions are blowing past us. Not to mention tuition has skyrocketed.

We gave away one of the best dental schools in the country to a&m......f****** a&m....unbelievable.

And we still have not won a conference basketball title in 60 years......have not won a major bowl game since the Sugar in the 1950s....and never even sniffed a baseball title at Omaha.

The Regents suck on just about all levels.

But hey! They sure are good at making themselves money and protecting their own power!

Trail lawyers, finance guys (professional usurers & cheats), corporate dead weights, knucklehead preachers, and trust funders......what a chorus of heroes! lol

Bliss and Briles won't get your any good pub outside of Waco. Those two guys don't exactly sell the school these days.

You can blame Bob Sloan and the seminary push by the Baptists.
Ken Starr didn't do anything other than nap.
Redbrickbear
Wichitabear said:

It really is wild.

I mean you already have a successful professional school .....in a metro market with a campus already built out ...and a great reputation locally and nationally.

And then you just sell it?

What the ****!
Wichitabear
Should have never done it!
drahthaar
Redbrickbear said:

Wichitabear said:

It really is wild.

I mean you already have a successful professional school .....in a metro market with a campus already built out ...and a great reputation locally and nationally.

And then you just sell it?

What the ****!

Ask yourself this question: Do you think Baylor's Board of Regents managing the dental school in addition to Baylor in Waco.
PartyBear
I thought there was talk earlier this decade about us re entering a relationship with Baylor Medical. Incidentally TCU is starting up a medical school.
Media Bear
Wichitabear said:

Wow. That's their schedule!!! I sure hope they will be able to handle it ! What a joke!
SEC teams only play about 3/5ths of the teams in regular-season conference each year (8 out of 13 possible foes in a 14-team conference, as you cannot play yourself). To be exact, 61.5 percent of the conference. Raises up to slightly more than 2/3rds (gasp) -- 69.2 percent -- if you happen to meet a different team in the SEC title game.

A joke indeed. It is funny because it is true!
Space Cutter
How can we be sure we'll beat Texas Southern. First let me remind folks Liberty U & UTSA humiliation. Also Rhule "I'm just looking" will be coaching an NFL team by then. Still there is nothing wrong with try to set up a game against schools we have to fight with for recruitment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.