Football
Sponsored by

Someone is making a CAB documentary

32,016 Views | 250 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Malbec
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

boognish_bear
Official statement from his lawyers about his time at BU. It's tiny....but if you zoom in you can read it.

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

boognish_bear
BellCountyBear
I don't care that the guy is coaching in America again. But to allow a documentary to be made about his "triumphant return" to coaching tells all I need to know about his ridiculous ego.
TenBears
The documentary is about the whole saga, BOR debacle, firing, Italy. Winds of fate brought it to Mt Vernon.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BellCountyBear said:

I don't care that the guy is coaching in America again. But to allow a documentary to be made about his "triumphant return" to coaching tells all I need to know about his ridiculous ego.
How do you know what it's about?
BellCountyBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

BI don't care that the guy is coaching in America again. But to allow a documentary to be made about his "triumphant return" to coaching tells all I need to know about his ridiculous ego.
I know it's about Art Briles. Duh.

If I were him, I would be appreciative to have a job I love in the state I love and leave it at that.
Baylor3216
BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

BI don't care that the guy is coaching in America again. But to allow a documentary to be made about his "triumphant return" to coaching tells all I need to know about his ridiculous ego.

If I were him, I would be appreciative to have a job I love in the state I love and leave it at that.

I guess you've never been in any way wronged in life on a national stage
boognish_bear
Snippet from the article:

As for the national reaction that included a headline that Mount Vernon had "sold its soul," the local reaction was pretty much summed up Monday by a practice observer:
"They can all go to hell."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2019/08/05/art-briles-back-texas-high-school-football-keeping-aspirations-mount-vernon-beyond-close-vest

Art Briles is back in Texas high school football, and he's keeping his aspirations for Mount Vernon and beyond close to the vest

MOUNT VERNON -- Art Briles looks considerably thinner than when he last coached in Texas, and he's rocking a ragged gray goatee. Otherwise, Mount Vernon's new football coach seems a lot like the guy who left Baylor in disgrace three years ago.

Folksy. Funny.
Fairly clueless.

"It's honestly not about me," he said Monday.
Yeah, right.
A couple of dozen media types didn't come from as far away as Waco to check out the Tigers' chances against Bonham in the season opener. Combined with the turnout by the locals for the team's first fall practice, Briles said it was a bigger crowd than at some of his games this spring in Italy.
Briles' arrival is the biggest thing to hit this town an hour-and-a-half east of Dallas since Don Meredith came home for reunions. Letters to the editor ran 2-to-1 in favor of Briles' hiring early on, but, frankly, even that resentment is drying up. Critics have too much to lose in a protracted battle. A town of 2,600 citizens is no place to cut against the grain, especially when you've got to make a living here, you're on the wrong side of the balance of power and there are football games to win.

As for the national reaction that included a headline that Mount Vernon had "sold its soul," the local reaction was pretty much summed up Monday by a practice observer:
"They can all go to hell."

Besides the prevailing sentiment, we also learned the following Monday:
Briles' lawyers released a 1 1/2-page statement citing a 2014 Title IX report exonerating Briles and criticizing Baylor that didn't come to light until a lawsuit by 15 "Jane Doe" plaintiffs; a link to a 34-page response purporting any negative perceptions about Briles are "flatly false"; and a statement claiming "no evidence" that Briles ever knowingly recruited any players with a history of sexual misconduct.
A five-part independent documentary on Briles is in the works, with a projected run date in the fall of 2020. The film covers his tour of duty in Italy and will include his season in East Texas.

And former WFAA TV Channel 8 investigative reporter Brett Shipp is handling the media relations in all this.
Briles is well-versed in avoiding direct hits from the media, but he could still use a little coaching. He's under contract for two years $82,000 a year, including a 50 percent penalty on any unfulfilled portion of the deal. Not that it's much of a deterrent to a man who received a $15 million severance check from Baylor. He said all the right things Monday about Mount Vernon, but when a reporter asked if he'd like to coach college football again, he didn't hesitate.

"Yes," he said. "I'll coach anywhere."
Of course, he's already proven that. For the record, he's an excellent coach. He didn't win all those state titles and turn around Baylor because he can't coach 'em up. Mount Vernon's prospects might seem a little thin -- they've lost some key lettermen and it's an entirely new staff -- but it's safe to say that Briles is probably worth a win or two just on his own.
Nothing against Josh Finney, who left after last season to go back to his hometown of local rival Winnsboro, but if could go 11-1 two years ago and 9-4 last year with a third-round playoff exit, what could Briles do?
Don't think the locals haven't considered the possibilities. Mount Vernon has never won a state title in football. Not even in Dandy Don's heyday. Briles' odds aren't good this year. But maybe next year.
The question is, will he still be here next year?
"Do I hope he falls in love with this town and this community and decide to stay here?" asked Jason McCullough, Mount Vernon's superintendent.
"I hope so. But who knows?"
Only Briles knows the answer to that question and, like everything else, he's keeping it close to the vest.
Even if what his lawyers say holds up, Briles earned his share of blame for what happened at Baylor. Even his biggest defenders, starting with Ken Starr, the former university president, said Briles isn't much of a disciplinarian. Unfortunately, that's part of the job of a football coach. The message he sends about how players comport themselves off the field is just as important as the one about what they do on the field. He's never shirked his duties there.

If he came up short at Baylor in that sense, it became a legitimate question Monday to know what he plans to tell his new charges. Briles knows the situation. He was a high school coach for 21 years. A lot of these kids need guidance. Most of the time, at least in Texas, there's no greater influence in a small town than a high school football coach.
Has he learned his lesson?
"I think every day you live you learn lessons," he said. "I think some of mine are pretty well-documented. I certainly learned from it. I'm a much different person than I was three years ago."
Not a bad answer, either, except when pressed to say how he was different, he said he wasn't as trusting as he used to be.
That didn't sound any different from the Briles we used to know. He seemed to realize it, too, because he changed the subject.
"We're just trying to enjoy Mount Vernon."
As long as it lasts, anyway, he's home.
boognish_bear
So it sounds like Brett Shipp will be handling the 5 part documentary

boognish_bear
Wonder if Brett apologized for this

boognish_bear
Looks like another media member might be coming around on the notion that there was potentially more in play beyond CAB's role in this scandal. First time I've ever seen Leslie let on to that possibility

boognish_bear
Here is the statement from CAB's legal team if anyone cares to

https://www.scribd.com/document/420878230/Statement-of-Darrell-Barger-and-Ernest-Cannon-Counsel-for-Art-Briles
BUbearinARK
boognish_bear said:

Wonder if Brett apologized for this

I bet his readership numbers are sagging.
boognish_bear
Chuckroast
BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

If I were him, I would feel outrage at the way I've been portrayed. Any story that sheds light on the truth should be welcomed.
xiledinok
Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

If I were him, I would feel outrage at the way I've been portrayed. Any story that sheds light on the truth should be welcomed.
He would have to retire from coaching if the truth comes out.
It would embarrass Baylor and end coaching careers.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

Baylor would have to retire from claiming Christianity if the truth comes out.
It would embarrass Baylor and end careers.

Fixed it fer ya!!!!

I wish you people would just leave the man alone. It is way past time.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
bunation
boognish_bear said:

Official statement from his lawyers about his time at BU. It's tiny....but if you zoom in you can read it.

Oops.

This is going to ruin more than a few of our fine posters' undergarments.

And, maybe cause some a little agony:

"Sometimes the truth hurts."

...but It's Better Than the Alternative

Quote:

"But better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie."
Thee University
bunation said:

Oops.

This is going to ruin more than a few of our fine posters' undergarments.

And, maybe cause some a little agony:

What does it say?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

Fixed it fer ya!!!!

We are not bothering him! It bothers you. He's happy. He raped Baylor for millions, caused (let it happen) millions of $$$ in damages, and failed to simply toe the Baylor line in order to survive.

He had it all in the palm of his hands and __________ed it up beyond all comprehension. He did this to himself but the collateral damage is Baylor, her reputation and apparently a number of SNOWFLAKE alumni's feelings and self worth that still causes self flagellation state-wide.

Let it go or reserve your spot on my Alico Building Dive Team.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
xiledinok
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

Fixed it fer ya!!!!

Dude needs to go pound sand.
He walked away with less money than he was due, then sued, then ran 0/0/0 and now acts like a teenage boy of alcoholic parents after he failed miserably.
Dude needs a counselor and some medication.
Sailor Bear
Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

The media has unfairly crucified the guy, without knowing anything beyond what the rest of us do. That's fair. But, Art had a chance to control much of this narrative with the libel lawsuit. He sold that right for more than $15MM.
xiledinok
Bearish said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

The media has unfairly crucified the guy, without knowing anything beyond what the rest of us do. That's fair. But, Art had a chance to control much of this narrative with the libel lawsuit. He sold that right for more than $15MM.

He's a high price ***** who raped Baylor and stained college football. Now, he's famous but not for coaching. The college football powers made him an example.
Dman
Keyser hasn't gotten the "call to arms yet" from his employers? This is all going to mean overtime pay!
REX
xiledinok said:

Bearish said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

He's a high price ***** who raped Baylor and stained college football. Now, he's famous but not for coaching. The college football powers made him an example.

Still no sleep I see
Dman
xiledinok said:

Bearish said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

This will not be the narrative in a few more years. The reality is coming out about failures BY everyone. Briles wasn't perfect. He wasn't evil. Same goes for our BoR. They were just incompetent and in over their heads.

But Briles will still be your OBSESSION.
boognish_bear
After 3 years BT is starting to getting tired of the CAB story

Dia del DougO
I asked if Art Briles felt like he had anything to apologize for. His answer: "if you're asking about Baylor, that's been addressed in the statement. So, I'm not at liberty to say anything.

Oh, SNAP!
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Bearish said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

Still no sleep I see

Plenty. Slept well.
Sitting here waiting quietly laughing at how Art's mini men are on a Baylor message board defending his bought off reputation.
I haven't been able to read the Wall Street Journal this morning. What are you doing this morning?
xiledinok
Dman said:

xiledinok said:

Bearish said:

Chuckroast said:

BellCountyBear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BellCountyBear said:

This will not be the narrative in a few more years. The reality is coming out about failures BY everyone. Briles wasn't perfect. He wasn't evil. Same goes for our BoR. They were just incompetent and in over their heads.

But Briles will still be your OBSESSION.

You guys managed to get bad publicity with his first press conference. Another poor idea. You ll die believing in him. That's obsession. I just like watching trash cleaned up.

Mistakes at every level. No one cares about the regents outside the bubble because they've seen Art in action.
He wasn't evil. He was just a child like moron.

He looks like he needs to take care of himself. The NCAA embarrassing him might kill him. He might go all Ken Lay on us.
Dman
boognish_bear said:

After 3 years BT is starting to getting tired of the CAB story

When talking about him $uits her purpo$e again. $he will be rejuvenated.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.