Football
Sponsored by

DEC rules Mt. Vernon may forfeit up to 5 games for playing ineligible players

33,016 Views | 274 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by kevinwood
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

DanaDane
The national media guys are jumping all over this.
boognish_bear

boognish_bear

DanaDane
DanaDane
DanaDane
DanaDane
DanaDane
boognish_bear
Also....in addition to the potentially ineligible players

DanaDane
The "coach" in question is Lynx Hawthorne, right?
SIC EM 94
So the players in question were originally cleared by a unanimous vote. Weeks later, after these superintendent's teams got their asses kicked by Mt. Vernon, they re-vote and arrive at a different decision.

Shocking!
boognish_bear
I knew Brett Shipp was producing a doc on CAB...didn't know Lynx was involved in directing. That guy is a human Swiss Army knife.
Iron Claw
SIC EM 94 said:

So the players in question were originally cleared by a unanimous vote. Weeks later, after these superintendent's teams got their asses kicked by Mt. Vernon, they re-vote and arrive at a different decision.

Shocking!

And now the kids are in compliance with the eligibility rules.
boognish_bear
"Mount Vernon Superintendent Jason McCullough released a statement to the Dallas News that there was "overwhelming evidence" that Brock and Cameron Nellor transferred because their parents moved to Texas from Colorado "for employment reasons.""
Russell Gym
Put up a tent, the circus is in town!
boognish_bear
DanaDane said:

The "coach" in question is Lynx Hawthorne, right?

This article makes it sounds like Lynx was on staff full time...it might be another person

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Briles-brings-Baylor-heavy-coaching-staff-to-comeback--524559071.html

" Mt. Vernon might be 200 miles away, but Briles brought a lot of Waco with him; besides Colbert (who left a job in Texas to coach with Briles in Italy), the other former Baylor players on MVISD's coaching staff include Davion Hall, Jayson Clements, Brad Willard, and Lynx Hawthorne (who also played for Briles in Italy)."
BUGWBBear
SIC EM 94 said:

Shocking!

Yeah. I know a witch hunt when I smell one. His only real problem is the assistant coach. We gonna hear from Schiff whistleblowers? Or are they too busy right now?
MilliVanilli
Why does anyone care, alleged UIL infractions from 3A high schools don't deserve headlines.

The media needs to let this guy go, he's in exile, leave him there.

Even Napoleon got to live out his life in peace (minus the alleged arsenic poisoning).

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
fredbear
AB is a win at all costs guy. He compromised at BU to win, he'll compromise at Mt. V. I knew he would fall back to his sewage ways, just surprised how quickly he did it. No repentance at BU. Same leopard, Same spots.
PartyBear
Finally a Briles thread that is allowed to stand. Surprise surprise.

I don't get why they were cleared 3 weeks ago and suddenly not cleared.
MilliVanilli
PartyBear said:

Finally a Briles thread that is allowed to stand. Surprise surprise.

I don't get why they were cleared 3 weeks ago and suddenly not cleared.
Would you like a recipe?
PartyBear
Actually I would prefer you make something for me. Your food looks good.
MilliVanilli
PartyBear said:

Actually I would prefer you make something for me. Your food looks good.
Hmm, PM me and we'll set up something at future tailgate. Can't swing cooking this Saturday but maybe for OU or UT games.
RegentCoverup
You'll never convince me of the need for eligibility rules when a family lives in the district. The reasons people move are irrelevant.

That s- has gone on for decades. I'd like to see these politicians send their kids to the crap inner city schools these kids leave...
Malbec
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

You'll never convince me of the need for eligibility rules when a family lives in the district. The reasons people move are irrelevant.

That s- has gone on for decades. I'd like to see these politicians send their kids to the crap inner city schools these kids leave...
I think realtors are complicit in this obviously illegal activity. They are always touting the schools in the neighborhood when showing you houses. And schools should not be allowed to put their awards and accolades on signs around the school and in literature they disseminate or websites they maintain. We don't need to be enticed into moving by exemplary ratings and the like. That stuff about advertising championships on water towers and such has got to go! We have also got to stop police departments from compiling crime statistics. Don't they know that safe schools and neighborhoods are like crack to a soccer mom? People with kids should have to live in their original place until all of their kids are out of school. /s
PartyBear
I personally think it is cool, some of our former recent players are starting coaching careers. Whatever you think of Briles you have to admit that is cool of him to give them the opportunity.
Jacques Strap
Weird how you can live in a district and not be eligible to play football for the local HS.

Contrast with Big State U football.
You can take 5 luxurious trips on private jets and collect who knows how much off the books goodies. Sign up to to play for Georgia for a year. Things don't work out so you get a transfer waiver to play QB for Ohio State without sitting out a year.
PartyBear
I don't understand the rules. You can live in a school district and not be eligible to play because they think you moved there to play ball for that specific school? So what? So what if you explicitly say it is because you want your kid to learn under their coach?

If you move to the Midway district and explicitly say it is because the kids tend to end up doing well enough academically to go to a nice college and they all get an IPAD while there, you are not ineligible to enroll in classes.

Again we aren't talking about kids who do not live there and are commuted in to the school as I understand it.
fadskier
fredbear said:

AB is a win at all costs guy. He compromised at BU to win, he'll compromise at Mt. V. I knew he would fall back to his sewage ways, just surprised how quickly he did it. No repentance at BU. Same leopard, Same spots.
False. It is apparent that you know nothing of the previous situation or this one.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
PartyBear said:

I don't understand the rules. You can live in a school district and not be eligible to play because you moved there to play ball for that specific school?

If you move to the Midway district because the kids tend to end up doing well enough academically to go to a nice college and they all get an IPAD while there, you are not ineligible to enroll in classes.

Again we aren't talking about kids who do not live there and are commuted in to the school as I understand it.
Yes. If the superintendent's believe you have moved just for athletic purposes, then you are ineligible. MVISD is appealing this to the UIL. The weird part about this is that the students in question were told that they would not play until cleared by the District executive committee...which cleared them to play. Then suddenly, after 5 wins, the re-vote. I'm not sure that's even allowed.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
PartyBear
I think that is a stupid rule. Parents want to try to do what is best for their kid. If someone wants to move to Mt Vernon or into the Lake Travis or Midway districts because they think that will give their kid a good shot at getting into college and with a free ride at that as a ball player, the parent should be allowed to do that.
Timbear
Art never had a recruiting violation at Baylor. He's received 2 letters of exoneration from the BOR. The media has published unproven allegations, and then uses their own accusations as proof to continue their slander, and Fredbear drinks it like koolaid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.