Football
Sponsored by

CAB interviewed by Smoak today on YMTC

25,466 Views | 192 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by summaryjudged
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Audio file of interview in the link

https://www.centexsportsfan.com/episode/art-briles-2-21-20/
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

BellCountyBear
He kind of looks like a hobo.
boognish_bear
BellCountyBear said:

Yep....he seems to have turbo aged in the last 4 years
boognish_bear
Wonder if he'll be at the b-ball game since he's in town
gobears20
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
Midnight Rider
David Smoak is an excellent, excellent interviewer. Can ask pointed questions without being offensive about it. We are lucky to have him covering Baylor sports.
SATXBear
boognish_bear said:

BellCountyBear said:

Yep
Very ragged look. This whole thing has taken a toll on him.
RegentCoverup
Regardless of where you sit on the guilt or innocence of the man, I think the way the media framed this is very troubling. My opinion on Briles is sorta 90% there, the remaining 10% will be a function of what's not been shared.

I'd like to see Smoaky interview....Texas Monthly.
Alf
SATXBear said:

boognish_bear said:

BellCountyBear said:

Yep

True, however Baylor made him a very, very rich man with the buy out.
I'm sure his accountants don't view him as raggedy.
57Bear
Alf said:

SATXBear said:

boognish_bear said:

BellCountyBear said:

Yep

Isn't it more like Baylor fulfilled its contract with Briles.
SATXBear
Alf said:

SATXBear said:

boognish_bear said:

BellCountyBear said:

Yep

Some things are not worth the money.
Redbrickbear
I would like to know more about what's coming out in the next year or so.

I do know several regents had to give depositions.
BaylorRocks
I now feel terrible. Almost as if I wish Smoak would have never done this interview. And I don't know why he would, what benefit or ratings goal is in it to bring up and ask all of the old questions. The man's answers and awe sucks routine haven't changed a bit.

I have listened to the interview multiple times now, trying to shake the terrible feeling I got from the very first listen. A feeling I have never had before now, as clearly as I have now. But, I can't shake it: I honestly no longer believe anything Art Briles says. He's a seriously flawed man. Smoak and others need to leave him alone and work to distance him as far as possible from anything Baylor, as much as humanly possible.
EvilTroyAndAbed
zunooreo said:

I now feel terrible. Almost as if I wish Smoak would have never done this interview. And I don't know why he would, what benefit or ratings goal is in it to bring up and ask all of the old questions. The man's answers and awe sucks routine haven't changed a bit.

I have listened to the interview multiple times now, trying to shake the terrible feeling I got from the very first listen. A feeling I have never had before now, as clearly as I have now. But, I can't shake it: I honestly no longer believe anything Art Briles says. He's a seriously flawed man. Smoak and others need to leave him alone and work to distance him as far as possible from anything Baylor, as much as humanly possible.
Smoak is not responsible to anyone but himself, his show and his bosses. The former Baylor football coach who won multiple conference titles is back in Waco. It's a no brainer to conduct an interview. Regardless of your personal feelings, this is sports journalism 101.
Thee University
Do you think this interview was not planned out in advance and questions/topics known by all prior to the sit down?
REX
zunooreo said:

Do you have a safe space to go sit in?
You going to be ok?
ImABearToo
And we'll move as far away from your idiotic posts as possible. Applying the appropriate drop down, good day sir.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Forest Bueller
zunooreo said:

Are you serious here, or is this just more interpersonal hysteria. Smoke did his job, Briles answered his questions. I didn't hear an awe shucks routine, the man grew up in Rule, his demeanor was normal. He has certainly been broken, and you have determined he is evil, but Briles isn't responsible for the many decades of assaults just being dismissed or swept under the rug by administration, if it was from a party or dating type situation or setting. He was a poor administrator, but we already knew that, but he isn't the totally evil being you have determined him to be.
drahthaar
That this entire disaster was failure at every level at Baylor is well-known. Folks have been fired or left under duress. Procedures and policies have been amended or updated as indicated. New staff and admin are in place. Briles' personal journey is well-documented and his life wrecked in a manner that is far beyond that of the other principals.

That Art has begin to dig out of the rubble in a public manner is sign of conviction and hope, not to mention courage to move forward. Despite a few individuals' attempts to say otherwise, Briles was not the evil which perpetrated this horrible mess. At some point grace and mercy are demanded by God I'd us all.

Good on Smoak for this and on Art for moving on. A pax on those who continue to bring tar, feathers, rocks and nails.
ImABearToo
Amen!
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Brownbw
My feelings were different. Smoke ask him is everything getting back to normal. Briles said smoke i will never be normal again. Briles doesnt deserve to have his life destroyed because Baylor was ignoring title 9
Star was behind that. The mistakes he made were mistakes not evil. I am sorry we had to fire him and i wish him nothing but the best.
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes
Brownbw
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes
SATXBear
Brownbw said:

My feelings were different. Smoke ask him is everything getting back to normal. Briles said smoke i will never be normal again. Briles doesnt deserve to have his life destroyed because Baylor was ignoring title 9
Star was behind that. The mistakes he made were mistakes not evil. I am sorry we had to fire him and i wish him nothing but the best.

I think Briles meant his life will never be the same because of the other lives adversely affected by the scandal. Probably coaches, employees, students, etc. He knows that along with admin and BOR, that he was negligent in supervision. He probably carries guilt that he could have done more. That was my impression.
drahthaar
SATXBear said:

Brownbw said:

I think Briles meant his life will never be the same because of the other lives adversely affected by the scandal. Probably coaches, employees, students, etc. He knows that along admin and BOR, that he was negligent in supervision. He probably carries guilt that he could have done more. That was my impression.
I think you are likely dead on target, satx.
Forest Bueller_bf
SATXBear said:

Brownbw said:

I think Briles meant his life will never be the same because of the other lives adversely affected by the scandal. Probably coaches, employees, students, etc. He knows that along with admin and BOR, that he was negligent in supervision. He probably carries guilt that he could have done more. That was my impression.
yep
Timbear
Go Coach Grande. Sic'em Bears. Movin' on.
longtimebear
All I can say is it was good to hear his voice again. This man loved his job and the kids he coached and will always be missed by me. Who among us have done everything right without regrets. At the end of the interview his pain and anguish really showed thru and I'll forever be sad at the way the press, Baylor's higher-ups and fans treated this man. May God bless Arthur Briles.
Robert Wilson
Well done. Thanks, Smoak.

Some mind readers on this thread. Wish I had that kinda talent.

I think we treated him very shabbily In a complex situation. Next several months may shed some light on whether that view is correct.
Swanni
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Regardless of where you sit on the guilt or innocence of the man, I think the way the media framed this is very troubling. My opinion on Briles is sorta 90% there, the remaining 10% will be a function of what's not been shared.

I'd like to see Smoaky interview....Texas Monthly.
That is University of Texas and Austin in general monthly.
Swanni
Thee University
longtimebear said:

All I can say is it was good to hear his voice again. This man loved his job and the kids he coached and will always be missed by me. Who among us have done everything right without regrets. At the end of the interview his pain and anguish really showed thru and I'll forever be sad at the way the press, Baylor's higher-ups and fans treated this man. May God bless Arthur Briles.
It's amazing what a $5M salary can do to you. He knew what could have happened and what did happen. It comes with the job but it did not have to end like it did. You think his pain & anguish shows through?

I'll be forever sad for the women violated, the players who might have flourished with discipline, sad for Baylor alumni who did nothing to deserve the tarring and feathering brought on by inactivity at the President, AD and BOR levels. The nerds here on 365 certainly could not have been fine with the collateral damage incurred.

God knows the truth. We don't have to worry about it.
JP1037
Grace, Forgiveness, mercy... Yes

But I think he would have to be willing to give that too Baylor. Not us to him. He was the victim of the original Mueller investigation without the ability to defend himself (he and his lawyer are to blame for that).
REX
Thee University said:

longtimebear said:

It's amazing what a $5M salary can do to you. He knew what could have happened and what did happen. It comes with the job but it did not have to end like it did. You think his pain & anguish shows through?

I'll be forever sad for the women violated, the players who might have flourished with discipline, sad for Baylor alumni who did nothing to deserve the tarring and feathering brought on by inactivity at the President, AD and BOR levels. The nerds here on 365 certainly could not have been fine with the collateral damage incurred.

Listen you got whipped 2-30 in the biggest game in bu history
You've got to let it go and move on
Most of the alumni have gotten over the 2-30 tarring and feathering
It's going to be ok
SATXBear
REX said:

Thee University said:

longtimebear said:

Listen you got whipped 2-30 in the biggest game in bu history
You've got to let it go and move on
Most of the alumni have gotten over the 2-30 tarring and feathering
It's going to be ok

Your rebuttals have gotten old and stale. You need to move onto something more original.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.