Football
Sponsored by

Contact Tracing

3,429 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Green&GoldStandard
Courtesy_Flush
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can we not change the rule? Seems dumb for contact tracing to supersede a subsequent negative test.

Can the conference vote and change it?
Aliceinbubbleland
With Bowlsby at the helm, doubtful. It would require brains to put in place the sensible solution you propose.
historian
It would probably also require the rest of the schools to agree. Not likely, unless they realize it's in their own interest as well. College administrators #1 job is fundraising & #2 is PR. We cannot count on them to see it the same way.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BellCountyBear
historian said:

It would probably also require the rest of the schools to agree. Not likely, unless they realize it's in their own interest as well. College administrators #1 job is fundraising & #2 is PR. We cannot count on them to see it the same way.
Well, BU's administrators are flushing a lot of that down the toilet. Twice in a decade is pretty remarkable.
Dnicknames
The tracing rule isn't dumb at all. The entitlement from all the armchair doctors on this board is dumb.

I've spoken to the actual epidemiologists advising the conference. It isn't dummies trying to nuke the conference's revenue and profit source. Everyone needs to grow a pair.
SIC EM 94
Dnicknames said:

The tracing rule isn't dumb at all. The entitlement from all the armchair doctors on this board is dumb.

I've spoken to the actual epidemiologists advising the conference. It isn't dummies trying to nuke the conference's revenue and profit source. Everyone needs to grow a pair.

Is it odd to you that Baylor is the only Big 12 team to fall victim to contact tracing? What are the other Big 12 teams doing that Baylor is not?
historian
Oklahoma announced a week or so ago that they would not release testing data.
Dnicknames
SIC EM 94 said:

Dnicknames said:

Is it odd to you that Baylor is the only Big 12 team to fall victim to contact tracing? What are the other Big 12 teams doing that Baylor is not?

My understanding is contact tracing was the exact reason TCU-SMU game got postponed last week...

We also just finished week 1. The sample size is still quite small to say what schools are doing or not doing successfully. At the end of tomorrow, the Big12 will have played eight total games.

Let's see if Baylor is an outlier in a month...
BluesBear
Forceable Vaccine coming in the near future. Won't be able to do anything if you don't take it...If you all believe this B-U-L-L S-H-I-T then I pity you.
chorne68
Aberzombie1892
Dnicknames said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Dnicknames said:

My understanding is contact tracing was the exact reason TCU-SMU game got postponed last week...

We also just finished week 1. The sample size is still quite small to say what schools are doing or not doing successfully. At the end of tomorrow, the Big12 will have played eight total games.

This. Plus, OU indicated that it's game against Missouri State was in jeopardy even though it ultimately found a way to play it, and the SEC just announced similar rules for its conference that the Big 12 has in regard to minimums to play.

Also, who knows? Maybe TCU and Baylor purposefully kicked the games in avoid to avoid being embarrassed? Would this outcome (not playing the game) not be preferable to losing the game due to players being out?

Bear8084
Aberzombie1892 said:

Dnicknames said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Dnicknames said:

This. Plus, OU indicated that it's game against Missouri State was in jeopardy even though it ultimately found a way to play it, and the SEC just announced similar rules for its conference that the Big 12 has in regard to minimums to play.

Also, who knows? Maybe TCU and Baylor purposefully kicked the games in avoid to avoid being embarrassed? Would this outcome (not playing the game) not be preferable to losing the game due to players being out?

Highly doubt they would nix a game Rhodes worked so hard to get just because they didn't want to lose. UH wasn't some powerhouse and Baylor looked really good on paper. Just because the lowest recruiting rankings teams lost or had a close game last week doesn't mean we were going to. It's a false narrative to say Baylor was scared.
Jacques Strap
Multiple negative tests ignored in favor of contact tracing.
Dnicknames
Jacques Strap said:

There are completely isolated test patients that are testing multiple negatives per day, and subsequently testing positive days later. That's in a controlled, isolated hospital test environment. We don't know why or how...yet.

Baylor is making the right call, even if we don't like it.
historian
Bear8084 said:

Highly doubt they would nix a game Rhodes worked so hard to get just because they didn't want to lose. UH wasn't some powerhouse and Baylor looked really good on paper. Just because the lowest recruiting rankings teams lost or had a close game last week doesn't mean we were going to. It's a false narrative to say Baylor was scared.
True. We had every reason to expect a Baylor victory. Besides, everyone was eager to play.
canoso
historian said:

Bear8084 said:

True. We had every reason to losing expect a Baylor victory. Besides, everyone was eager to play.
Let's just correctly say that a potential loss was not the cause of fear in this case. But fear there was and continues to be. Just not in Houston.
historian
Got the quote wrong. Now it's poor grammar and makes less sense.
wuzzybear
Not playing these games is worse than playing them. I don't recall football and sports shutting down when TB, mumps, rubella, and measles popped up and what about the seasonal flu that kills more than Covid? This is fear at its best.

I would say with Covid about the only thing should be cancelled is an over 60 church wrestling league.

FDR got it right bc it is true the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
ImABearToo
So true. These posts by Covid koolaid drinking morons are nauseating. Just get on bidens twitter feed where you can find compatibility.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
BaylorRocks
Please just refund all of my ticket purchases now !
longtimebear
Jacques Strap said:

There's something wrong with this picture. It is so stupid and makes me sick!
Give me LIBERTY or give me COVID!
longtimebear
Dnicknames said:

Jacques Strap said:

There are completely isolated test patients that are testing multiple negatives per day, and subsequently testing positive days later. That's in a controlled, isolated hospital test environment. We don't know why or how...yet.

That's your opinion. It's not killing college age kids, is it? No it's not. If they get it, then so be it. Put them in a quarantine. Other wise a negative is a negative. Give me LIBERTY or give me COVID!
Baylor3216
Courtesy_Flush said:

Can we not change the rule? Seems dumb for contact tracing to supersede a subsequent negative test.

Can the conference vote and change it?

So did we not follow a process or was the process followed and contact tracing pooch the game
wuzzybear
You can shut down the country for anything. It can also backfire and it is starting to big time. This is why Trump has to be re-elected. He does things on his own and nobody I know has as solid an intuition for these American issues as him. Biden is a puppet and the squad is the puppeteer. Elect Trump so everything stays open for business and we are not bowing down to whatever else the Dems have in store for us.

I truly believe all the backlash against Trump is going to backfire on them. Who gives a F if he tweets too much! He is 10 yrs older than me and has 10x the energy I do. It's unreal!

Play ball dammit!
Baylor3216
longtimebear said:

Dnicknames said:

Jacques Strap said:

That's your opinion. It's not killing college age kids, is it? No it's not. If they get it, then so be it. Put them in a quarantine. Other wise a negative is a negative. Give me LIBERTY or give me COVID!

This isn't killing hardly anyone.
BaylorRocks
longtimebear said:

Dnicknames said:

Jacques Strap said:

Less than 1% of the people stricken with COVID-19 have died. Of that 1%, 94% of that 1% had other pre-existing conditions of illness that they primarily died from. COVID may have only exasperated their primary condition of illness.

So, do the math. If every single one (100%) of the approximately 10,000 human beings that might have been in McLane Stadium today (fans, players, program staff, stadium workers, police, etc.) had constricted COVID-19 from being in the stadium ...... maybe 6 *might* ultimately die from COVID as long as those 6 had no other serious medical condition.

There was a far better chance that someone might die from heat stroke by playing the game today, or being in the stadium, than from dying from COVID-19.

People wear a mask because its the nice thing to do for others.....but let's get back to life again!
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
zunooreo said:

longtimebear said:

Dnicknames said:

Jacques Strap said:

Less than 1% of the people stricken with COVID-19 have died. Of that 1%, 94% of that 1% had other pre-existing conditions of illness that they primarily died from. COVID may have only exasperated their primary condition of illness.

So, do the math. If every single one (100%) of the approximately 10,000 human beings that might have been in McLane Stadium today (fans, players, program staff, stadium workers, police, etc.) had constricted COVID-19 from being in the stadium ...... maybe 6 *might* ultimately die from COVID as long as those 6 had no other serious medical condition.

There was a far better chance that someone might die from heat stroke by playing the game today, or being in the stadium, than from dying from COVID-19.

People wear a mask because its the nice thing to do for others.....but let's get back to life again!
The thing with viruses is they are viral. The 10,000 would infect others and end up killing quite a few people
historian
The results can quickly become exponential.
wuzzybear
clubhi said:

zunooreo said:

longtimebear said:

Dnicknames said:

Jacques Strap said:

The thing with viruses is they are viral. The 10,000 would infect others and end up killing quite a few people
So are you saying that we should just it all down with no alternative? I am with the other poster who said "give me liberty or give me Covid." There are numerous ways to handle this but nobody has an airtight solution. True everyone should wear a mask, but that is totally unenforceable. Give me a citation for not wearing a mask and as soon as I get home it goes in the shredder and if you wanna throw me in the tank I'll probably get it there.

The problem is we are communal by nature, but every situation is different. Football stadiums (outside) are the least likely place to contract it unless someone hates me and comes up and sneezes in my face.

This has got to end or there will be way too many other health problems to deal with. I say be cautious and let herd immunity run its course. To me it is just emotionally draining when Covid runs my life. At 62 and with a wife who has severe asthma we are highly at risk, but I was also an RN for years and I guarantee you I developed antibodies at all the hospitals I worked bc you get exposed to everything PPE or not.

The real story here is that VaChina ought to have their debt cancelled. No more bonds and the ones they are holding at the Bank of VaChina are deemed invalid. Yeah, that might start a war but I guess VaChina is gearing for one anyway from all the signs I can see. We are 22 trillion in debt and VaChina owns 1.1 trillion of it or about 7.2%. Get rid of it already! Trump would do it bc America first means screw VaChina. Hell they've already stolen way more than that in intellectual property. Time to cordon them off...
Green&GoldStandard
clubhi said:

zunooreo said:

longtimebear said:

Dnicknames said:

Jacques Strap said:

Agreed
Dnicknames
Do you ever read some posts here and think, we have alumni that have the IQ of a crayon?

It is surreal.
longtimebear
wuzzybear said:

clubhi said:

zunooreo said:

longtimebear said:

Dnicknames said:

Jacques Strap said:

So are you saying that we should just it all down with no alternative? I am with the other poster who said "give me liberty or give me Covid." There are numerous ways to handle this but nobody has an airtight solution. True everyone should wear a mask, but that is totally unenforceable. Give me a citation for not wearing a mask and as soon as I get home it goes in the shredder and if you wanna throw me in the tank I'll probably get it there.

The problem is we are communal by nature, but every situation is different. Football stadiums (outside) are the least likely place to contract it unless someone hates me and comes up and sneezes in my face.

This has got to end or there will be way too many other health problems to deal with. I say be cautious and let herd immunity run its course. To me it is just emotionally draining when Covid runs my life. At 62 and with a wife who has severe asthma we are highly at risk, but I was also an RN for years and I guarantee you I developed antibodies at all the hospitals I worked bc you get exposed to everything PPE or not.

The real story here is that VaChina ought to have their debt cancelled. No more bonds and the ones they are holding at the Bank of VaChina are deemed invalid. Yeah, that might start a war but I guess VaChina is gearing for one anyway from all the signs I can see. We are 22 trillion in debt and VaChina owns 1.1 trillion of it or about 7.2%. Get rid of it already! Trump would do it bc America first means screw VaChina. Hell they've already stolen way more than that in intellectual property. Time to cordon them off...
SIC 'EM WUZZY!!!
Green&GoldStandard
Dnicknames said:

Do you ever read some posts here and think, we have alumni that have the IQ of a crayon?

It is surreal.

Remember when the Spanish Flu killed everybody on planet earth???

Neither do I.
historian
Green&GoldStandard said:

Remember when the Spanish Flu killed everybody on planet earth???
Neither do I.
No, it did not kill everyone but it did kill millions--more than WWI.
BUBBFAN
These contact 14 day isolations are are insane. 14 for contact and 10 for positive, NUTS.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.