Bear Ridge Selling?

16,309 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by beerman
Wacolegend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The last rumor (probably already said in the thread) is that the City is planning on buying Lake Waco CC instead of Bear Ridge. I have 0 good sources other than random dudes in various Pro Shops and 19th Holes.
Punters win championships.
Fat Daddy
I would think Lake Waco would be a lot cheaper. And it should be. But probably needs a ton of work.
trey3216
Wacolegend said:

The last rumor (probably already said in the thread) is that the City is planning on buying Lake Waco CC instead of Bear Ridge. I have 0 good sources other than random dudes in various Pro Shops and 19th Holes.
I hope they do. I'd love for Lake Waco to be a third viable course again at some point.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Stranger
MrGolfguy said:

1outawayBear said:

To the members and non members of Bear Ridge Golf Club.

I am excited to have Barnett's running our bar and grill.
I ask that you give them the support you have given me.

Thanks again for your support and we are committed to keep on improving Bear Ridge.

T & Sandy
Got this email also. Does the fact that it came from Tommy mean he still owns BR and the whole thing about Waco buying it was wrong?

I was wondering the same thing
I'm a Bearbacker
CTbruin
Heard yesterday from a very good "City of Waco" source that it doesn't look like the city is buying Bear Ridge.
Stranger
CTbruin said:

Heard yesterday from a very good "City of Waco" source that it doesn't look like the city is buying Bear Ridge.

so, is anybody buying it?
I'm a Bearbacker
Fat Daddy
Stranger said:

CTbruin said:

so, is anybody buying it?

Should close end of July, early August….now just need to know the year!
Weston Rogers
I have zero knowledge, but this sure sounds like Tommy or someone close to him started talking before there was any real discussions with a buyer.
beerman
CT may be correct. There apparently was a caveat for the City to close. They (both parties) want the sale to go through but the caveat didn't, or hasn't happened. There is more to the property than just the course that is important to one of the parties.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.