Story Poster
Baylor Basketball

Baylor Basketball Insider Notes: Everyday Jon, Tre Johnson and Season

January 20, 2023

I’ve spoken with quite a few people, and here is what I can let folks know about some big issues. 

*Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua - He will not play in January. Those rumors are incorrect. Jon is way ahead of schedule in terms of recovery. He’s worked hard to put himself in a position to come back this season. I would not expect to see him as a guy catching lobs at 12 feet when he returns.

To continue reading, you must be a SicEm365 Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial
Discussion from...

Baylor Basketball Insider Notes: Everyday Jon, Tre Johnson and Season

5,348 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by IowaBear
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Said all along JTT would be back way sooner than anticipated. It was silly of people to assume he would be out basically 2 years. Can't wait to see him back on the court even if it's only 10 or so minutes a game
TWD 1974
IowaBear said:

Said all along JTT would be back way sooner than anticipated. It was silly of people to assume he would be out basically 2 years. Can't wait to see him back on the court even if it's only 10 or so minutes a game
I have assumed Jonathan will be granted another year of eligibility next year, regardless of when he returns this season. As Flo will be gone after this year, Having JTT with Josh going into next year is important.
I also assume his mobility this year will be limited as he will likely be wearing the brace.
One thing I noticed about his stats, Jonathan had the highest 3pt % on the roster last year. If he can come in, late in the year, and sink a key 3 against Kansas or Texas at home, roof could come off the FC a bit early...
Fre3dombear
Look no further than Love who faced a lesser injury and has months of recovery on JTT

And who knew he was our best 3 point shooter
Crawfoso1973
You do realize he only had 13 attempts from 3 point range, and made 6. Right? Jordan Turner had more attempts than him
Crawfoso1973
IowaBear said:

Expecting him not to return until the 2022-23 isn't silly. He had a gruesome, extreme injury involving multiple ligament tears. Not just a simple ACL. If able to return this season that would be nothing short of miraculous. I know our staff won't put him out there if there is any risk of further injury. And hopefully he doesn't lose an entire year of eligibility for a handful games in which he will only be a shell of his former self.
TWD 1974
Crawfoso1973 said:

You do realize he only had 13 attempts from 3 point range, and made 6. Right? Jordan Turner had more attempts than him
He only averaged 5 shots a game, period. I'm not expecting him to come back and rain threes, but his ability to get a three when open makes him a better option than our three available bigs, and most of the small forwards.
IowaBear
It's absolutely silly. Some of you were projecting him to start playing the middle of next season. Just a dumb take. If this were the 70s it's a career ender. Hell not long ago Achilles tears were career Enders now guys (NFL guy) are recovering in 3-4 months. Now fact in a guy like JTT world class athlete, world class work ethic. He was never going to be out 2 years. He's also 23, doubt he's worried about losing 1 year of eligibility especially when he can come back next year even if he does comeback this year. He's not going to be here past next season
Crawfoso1973
I sure hope he is able to come back 100% healthy, this season and play like his old self. Trust me, I would love to be proven dumb, silly, whatever you wanna call me.
IowaBear
Did I call you dumb or silly? No I didn't. I said it's silly to automatically assume he's going to be out 2 years. I work with athletes of all ages. The recovery times nowadays are unreal. We had a kid on the club hockey team here at ISU recover from a torn ACL and PCL in just 7 months. Now as good of an athlete as he is. JTT is 5 times the athlete.
Crawfoso1973
You said not expecting EJ back this was silly, and a dumb take. He is coming off a gruesome injury involving multipel ligament tears not a clean ACL injury. Nothing silly or dumb about not *expecting* him back this season only 12 months removed. If he makes it back 100% this season, that would be nothing short of a miracle. Fingers crossed and rooting for him.
IowaBear
Did I call you dumb directly ?? No did I call you silly directly no?? You have the thinnest skin of any poster on here. Automatically ruling him out almost 2 full years was a silly take by anyone who made that claim. Not going to sit and argue with you because that's exactly want you want. Enjoy the game today
Crawfoso1973
IowaBear said:

It's absolutely silly. Some of you were projecting him to start playing the middle of next season. Just a dumb take.
IowaBear
Again point to where I called you dumb directly? Didn't, I said that TAKE is silly. Grow some skin dude. Not everything is a personal attack on you.
Crawfoso1973
IowaBear said:

Again point to where I called you dumb directly? Didn't, I said that TAKE is silly. Grow some skin dude. Not everything is a personal attack on you.
Tap the brakes on calling opinions silly or dumb that differ from yours. We both agree we want the best for EJ and Baylor hoops so step off the insults and enjoy your ice fishing.
IowaBear
If anyone around here throws insults around on the regular it's you. " enjoy the ice fishing" good effort on the diss. But you're right I will enjoy sone ice fishing… when it's time to do some
Crawfoso1973
IowaBear said:

If anyone around here throws insults around on the regular it's you. " enjoy the ice fishing" good effort on the diss.
I never call names or insult other ideas. Please stop following me around on this board, and get a life.
IowaBear
If anyone follows anyone around it's you… but like I said you thrive in arguments it's what you enjoy. You're a 65 year old man who has to be right about everything. So you win. Enjoy the Bears game today and I'll enjoy my "ice fishing"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.