Drew a candidate for the UK job??

109,416 Views | 997 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by historian
Mitch Henessey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wherever he is, I bet he's dancing with a cold one.
Ghostrider
ScottS said:

Is the old BEAR still around?
yes but no on these boards.
cowboycwr
As I read these posts and think about the old site and the comment about shutting the free boards down it reminds me of the time that some Baylorfans posters got all upset about something there and created their own board. I think it was called the green and gold or something like that. It didn't last long simply because it was just a small group that went over there. I think all the people that were a part of the "wolverines" group or whatever. BF was still free so it was competing with an established site but if BF had been pay only I think a lot of people would have switched over.

I think that is what would happen if this site shut the free boards down.
historian
I don't seriously think they will shut down the free boards. I do think that sometimes the owners of this site get frustrated with all the whining and petty complaints that are commonplace here. Who can blame them or be surprised? They are as human as all of us. We can be an entitled bunch expected others to do what we cannot: deliver consistent perfection. I guess that's human nature too.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BaylorBigfoot
Best post ever. Premium is so worth it.
BE SURE TO ASK FOR THE BIGFOOT SPECIAL AT ANY BURGER JOINT! I'LL HANG UP AND LISTEN! DOUBLE B'S OUUUTT!
Ghostrider
historian said:

don't seriously think they will shut down the free boards. I do think that sometimes the owners of this site get frustrated with all the whining and petty complaints that are commonplace here. Who can blame them or be surprised? They are as human as all of us. We can be an entitled bunch expected others to do what we cannot: deliver consistent perfection. I guess that's human nature too.
from my experience, premium posters are just as negative, they just pay for it.
wongobear
cowboycwr said:

As I read these posts and think about the old site and the comment about shutting the free boards down it reminds me of the time that some Baylorfans posters got all upset about something there and created their own board. I think it was called the green and gold or something like that. It didn't last long simply because it was just a small group that went over there. I think all the people that were a part of the "wolverines" group or whatever. BF was still free so it was competing with an established site but if BF had been pay only I think a lot of people would have switched over.

Thee Bear's Den? I think that was it, and I have a memory of the intentional 2 e's on Thee
BUGWBBear
historian said:

I don't seriously think they will shut down the free boards. I do think that sometimes the owners of this site get frustrated with all the whining and petty complaints that are commonplace here. Who can blame them or be surprised? They are as human as all of us. We can be an entitled bunch expected others to do what we cannot: deliver consistent perfection. I guess that's human nature too.

They should learn to vet their content sources or grow thicker skins because if not, expect the criticism to continue.
BUGWBBear
wongobear said:

cowboycwr said:

Thee Bear's Den? I think that was it, and I have a memory of the intentional 2 e's on Thee

The BEAR'S Den was probably intended to be insider. However, it was anything but. Just a venue for BEAR to complain about you and brag how he was allegedly funding Jason to keep the board going.

Also a good source of these animated clips where we could basically rag back on BEAR "SON! I say Son!…." Those were hilarious.
cowboycwr
wongobear said:

cowboycwr said:

I don't recall that name. For some reason I really remember something like green gold report.

EvilTroyAndAbed
boognish_bear said:

Hopefully this is a short-lived thread

Drew turned down Kentucky a week ago, and this thread is still going.
bear2be2
cowboycwr said:

wongobear said:

cowboycwr said:

I don't recall that name. For some reason I really remember something like green gold report.

You're both right. Thee Bears Den was the Scout site for Baylor that had a limited free community in the early message board days and the one you're talking about (I can't remember the name but the one you mentioned sounds familiar) was created later as a more administration friendly alternative to Baylor fans. Neither ever really competed with Baylor fans in terms of users or traffic.
jikespingleton
wongobear said:

cowboycwr said:

I vaguely remember that board /forum and if I recall, it didn't last long at all.
jikespingleton
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

boognish_bear said:

Hopefully this is a short-lived thread

Drew turned down Kentucky a week ago, and this thread is still going.
It's not even about Drew or UK at this point.
boognish_bear
historian
We are so blessed to have Coach Drew!
Ghostrider
boognish_bear said:

Thank you God for making that phone call!
historian
I do not think God used a telephone

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.