Kansas Self loses control of his thug team

15,672 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chamberman
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
drahthaar
De Souza might get pinged but since it's Kansas, that'll be about it other than a bunch of words without consequence. K State on the other hand might get hammered because ...well, Kansas.
Jacques Strap
Everybody was Kung Fu fighting.

Chamberman
De Sousa probably will be suspended for the remainder of the season. He was getting garbage minutes at the end of the game. His suspension won't impact KU at all.

Several of the other players on both teams may see multiple game suspensions as well.

DanaDane
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Several players will get 1 game suspensions.

By the way, that next game, B12-SEC Challenge. They'll be back for B12 play
DeSousa & McCormack of KU will both get more than 1 game.

Love from KSU should get multiple games, but he's only played 1 game this season. I believe he's been out almost the entire year due to an injury so I don't know how they will handle that.
DanaDane
Chamberman said:

De Sousa probably will be suspended for the remainder of the season. He was getting garbage minutes at the end of the game. His suspension won't impact KU at all.

Several of the other players on both teams may see multiple game suspensions as well.

There will be a lot of pressure on Jeff Long and Self to do something, so they will likely sacrifice De Sousa by kicking him off the team tomorrow since he's not that big of loss in the grand scheme of things for them and has already created enough trouble for them when the "side deal" was found out.
KIA
If the Baylor BOR were in charge of giving out the punishments, what would they be?
whitetrash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

The time to enforce the suspension is the rematch game in Manhattan.
bear2be2
Big_Pumpin said:

I have to disagree here. Kansas trying to dribble out ball and k st guy finds it necessary to d up and steal it. He goes to score and the guy runs down and blocks his shot. Does taunt him but k st people immediately leave the bench
DeSousa started the brawl, plain and simple. He got his revenge with the block. Standing over him is a punk move that serves no purpose but to instigate an altercation. And that's exactly what it did.
bear2be2
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Big_Pumpin said:

Do think that guy would have worn white pants if he knew he would be fighting?
It's Kansas. There's gonna be a whole lotta things we'll never understand.

I'm not a lawyer, but can De Sousa be charged with assault and battery for the chair move? After the game ends?

He does this in Waco he leaves the game in handcuffs, right?
Shades of Frankie Francisco.
Oldbear83
Jacques Strap said:

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting.

No, that was moron idiot fighting.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
bear2be2
Jorkel said:

Jack Bauer said:

They block a shot at the last second when they won by 20 points and the Jayhawk player stands over the Wildcat player who is on the ground.

Total **** move.

Lol okay. If the K state player wants to play until the clock hits 0.0...he deserves to get his mess blocked down 20
It wasn't the block that started the fight. It was DeSousa acting like a jackass after the block. The block should have been the exclamation point. But he had to stand over the dude like a punk.
DanaDane

Ok, this is pretty funny.
bear2be2
fubar said:

Jorkel said:

I'm 100% sure that if another team stole the ball and tried to score with 3 seconds on the clock against us y'all would be screaming garbage play blah blah blah. I'm glad that clown got straight blocked to the moon and then tea bagged.
It was a garbage play by the k-state guy. Block his shot and walk away. Do that, and the ******ry is all on the purple dude.
Exactly.
Chamberman
DanaDane said:

Other thing to keep in mind: the area where that fight broke out is largely for people with disabilities.
...or otherwise known as KU fans.
bear2be2
Jorkel said:

I'm 100% sure that if another team stole the ball and tried to score with 3 seconds on the clock against us y'all would be screaming garbage play blah blah blah. I'm glad that clown got straight blocked to the moon and then tea bagged.
You act like this hasn't happened before. Head on over the TexAgs and search "baptism."

Our fans acted like dumbasses that night and threw a bunch of **** on the court, but our team didn't end up in a brawl. And ours came in a loss, not a blowout win.
rudylaw
Both teams are to blame here.
bear2be2
LIB,MR BEARS said:

The suspensions won't end at one game in this incident. There will be a couple of big'uns.
bear2be2
rudylaw said:

This is certainly true. But if DeSousa gets the block and walks back to his bench, this incident never happens. Once it started, it was a ****show by both sides.

On a related note, Silvio DeSousa has caused Kansas and Bill Self a whole lot of trouble for a guy who's not even good.
EK bear
1) KSU player stealing the dribble out was a ***** move
2) swat was fine
3) taunting was not fine and the reason the KSU bench cleared.
4) thankfully for him, de sousa didn't actually swing the chair. Can't tell if a coach knocked it out of his hands or he just thought better of it in the moment.
Porteroso
Taunting not fine, but also not a big deal. Instigating violence is a big deal. The KSU kid should be kicked off the team. And for picking up a chair, 5 games I think.
RegentCoverup
bear2be2 said:

On a related note, Silvio DeSousa has caused Kansas and Bill Self a whole lot of trouble for a guy who's not even good.

As Risk/Reward goes, I almost wonder if we are the ones paying DeSousa.

He has looked that bad. Like a ticking time bomb.
possible12
bear2be2 said:

rudylaw said:

This is certainly true. But if DeSousa gets the block and walks back to his bench, this incident never happens. Once it started, it was a ****show by both sides.

IMO Self has had enough of DeSousa. He was pissed at Desousa completely, but had to be careful with his words.

Guarantee he was not so careful in locker room.
beardoc
The best of all possible worlds: Self kicks Desousa off the team, Desousa drops some more dirt on Self.
boognish_bear
Hotsauce
Fwiw, Weber basically accepted blame for the entire incident in his post-game comments. He said his players were told to back off as time was expiring.
ABC BEAR
I can't confirm this but my sources say there were scouts from both the NBA and the WWE in attendance. Will get back to you when I know more.....
gobears20
Staff
Ugly Brawl With Rival K-State Shines Another Embarrassing Light on Self, Kansas

PAT FORDE

https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/22/kansas-kansas-state-fight-silvio-de-sousa-bill-self
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
gobears20
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
Aliceinbubbleland
boognish_bear said:

Hummm. The holier then thou guy who fired a certain successful coach for his motorcycle ride?
Aliceinbubbleland
Someone said Miles should get those kids on his football team.
Big_Pumpin
Wasn't the game over though? Bench clearing at that point would ok. Picking up a chair ready to sledge hammer someone, not ok.
Oldbear83
Big_Pumpin said:

Wasn't the game over though? Bench clearing at that point would ok. Picking up a chair ready to sledge hammer someone, not ok.
Technically the clock stopped when the ball was batted out of bounds, leaving one second left.

Believe me, the officials wanted to wash their hands of it, but the NCAA rules changed this year to require ALL time be played (Vegas says hi), so they had no choice but to bring both teams back out ... and address to some degree the MMA sideshow.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Jack Bauer
AP writer Jesse Newell will declare Kansas #1 for the week and season and just give them the trophy!!
Johnny Bear
Will be interesting to see what the consequences of this are, especially since Kansas is the UT/OU of the Big 12 as far as men's bball goes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.