Kansas Self loses control of his thug team

15,687 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chamberman
Malbec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KIA said:

If the Baylor BOR were in charge of giving out the punishments, what would they be?
They'd fire Kim Mulkey.
whitetrash
Aliceinbubbleland said:

boognish_bear said:

Hummm. The holier then thou guy who fired a certain successful coach for his motorcycle ride?
FWIW, he didn't fire him for riding a motorcycle; he fired him for riding an athletic dept staffer.
twd74
KIA said:

If the Baylor BOR were in charge of giving out the punishments, what would they be?

BOR would likely...
  • Hire another lawfirm to review incident without interviewing coaches or players, and also without taking notes
  • Fire the head coach, and any other administrator they have a beef with...
  • Conduct an interview on 60 minutes to explain that none of this was the BOR's fault, and that the situation was actually 10 times worse than anyone thought.
Aliceinbubbleland
Oldbear83 said:

Big_Pumpin said:

Wasn't the game over though? Bench clearing at that point would ok. Picking up a chair ready to sledge hammer someone, not ok.
Technically the clock stopped when the ball was batted out of bounds, leaving one second left.

Believe me, the officials wanted to wash their hands of it, but the NCAA rules changed this year to require ALL time be played (Vegas says hi), so they had no choice but to bring both teams back out ... and address to some degree the MMA sideshow.
WOW! I missed that. I didn't know they brought both teams back. Minus a few?
dougl999
I knew I had seen that move before.

https://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh4wT9i7hG6y756zKS
Oldbear83
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Oldbear83 said:

Big_Pumpin said:

Wasn't the game over though? Bench clearing at that point would ok. Picking up a chair ready to sledge hammer someone, not ok.
Technically the clock stopped when the ball was batted out of bounds, leaving one second left.

Believe me, the officials wanted to wash their hands of it, but the NCAA rules changed this year to require ALL time be played (Vegas says hi), so they had no choice but to bring both teams back out ... and address to some degree the MMA sideshow.
WOW! I missed that. I didn't know they brought both teams back. Minus a few?
<chuckles>

Yeah, everyone on both benches was ejected for leaving the bench, only the guys already on the floor could stay,

K State got 2 technical free throws, made one, then they inbounded the ball and this time everyone was smart enough to just wait for the buzzer and then left for the locker room and the sure-to-be-fun talk from the coaches.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
gobears20
Staff
Students of KU (@StudentsofKU) Tweeted:
BREAKING:

Head Coach Bill Self has announced that following the brawl, both Brannen Greene and LaGerald Vick have been suspended indefinitely.

Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
EatMoreSalmon
Interesting how the PA music kept going through the whole thing.
gobears20
Staff
[url=https://ibb.co/Dk9Mtmg][/url]
EvilTroyAndAbed
whitetrash said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

boognish_bear said:

Hummm. The holier then thou guy who fired a certain successful coach for his motorcycle ride?
FWIW, he didn't fire him for riding a motorcycle; he fired him for riding an athletic dept staffer.
Technically, he fired him for lying about it.
Jack Bauer
The last time I saw someone pick up a chair...

gobears20
Staff
Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) Tweeted:
Kansas big man Silvio De Sousa has been suspended indefinitely, per release.

Jack Bauer
BearlySober
gobears20 said:

Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) Tweeted:
Kansas big man Silvio De Sousa has been suspended indefinitely, per release.

It will probably be the Grayson Allen indefinite suspension - 1 game.
Johnny Bear
twd74 said:

KIA said:

BOR would likely...
  • Hire another lawfirm to review incident without interviewing coaches or players, and also without taking notes
  • Fire the head coach, and any other administrator they have a beef with...
  • Conduct an interview on 60 minutes to explain that none of this was the BOR's fault, and that the situation was actually 10 times worse than anyone thought.

They would probably also immediately release all of our committed recruits from their LOI and invite all of our rivals (who are of course all 110% clean themselves) to have fun pillaging and plundering what was to be our incoming recruiting class.
Jack Bauer
He will be back in time for game at WVa
Jacques Strap
Bloomberg News...

Quote:

"I have suspended Silvio De Sousa indefinitely pending the final outcome of the review by KU and the Big 12 Conference," coach Bill Self said. "As I said last night, we are disappointed in his actions and there is no place in the game for that behavior."

The Jayhawks' Marcus Garrett and David McCormick were also in the thick of things along with the Wildcats' James Love and David Sloan, who was the first player to come to Gordon's defense.

Both Self and Weber said the Big 12 was reviewing video with more punishment likely.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Good code word by the OP. Pretty sure which word he wanted to use.
Karab

Squatch Hunter
gobears20 said:

[url=https://ibb.co/Dk9Mtmg][/url]
Awesome!
Chamberman
gobears20 said:

Students of KU (@StudentsofKU) Tweeted:
BREAKING:

Head Coach Bill Self has announced that following the brawl, both Brannen Greene and LaGerald Vick have been suspended indefinitely.

This is a joke. Literally a joke. Neither of these guys are on the team. They left over the last couple of years.
Jack Bauer
TechDawgMc
Isn't there a mandatory suspension for coming off the bench during a fight? If so, do they suspend the whole KSU team other than the ones who were on the court? That would make for an interesting next game.
Jack Bauer
TechDawgMc said:

Isn't there a mandatory suspension for coming off the bench during a fight? If so, do they suspend the whole KSU team other than the ones who were on the court? That would make for an interesting next game.

I think Bill Self said the refs told him everyone but the 10 players on the floor would be suspended. Can they borrow players from the womens team?
Chamberman
The players that left the bench were ejected from the game, all :01 left in the game while K-State shot the technical fouls.

I don't think it's like the targeting foul in football, where if it's called in the second half, you miss the first half of the next game. In basketball I don't think it carries over to the next game.
gobears20
Staff
Yep

Lots of things being said about Kansas.
KSU was not innocent.
Jack Bauer
gobears20 said:

Yep

KSU was not innocent.

Amazingly this happened earlier in the season and this Monmouth guy out ******bagged the KState player.

Oldbear83
Jack Bauer said:

gobears20 said:

Yep

KSU was not innocent.

Amazingly this happened earlier in the season and this Monmouth guy out ******bagged the KState player.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, that does not look like Kansas State in that video ...
Jack Bauer
Oldbear83 said:

Jack Bauer said:

gobears20 said:

Yep

KSU was not innocent.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, that does not look like Kansas State in that video ...

That's not what I said. I was comparing the last second play against Kansas by both teams. This guy dunked and talked trash down 55 pts!
Shakesbear
De Souza suspended indefinitely by Kansas. More players from both sides likely to miss multiple games over this fiasco. Blame whomever you want, as it's irrelevant at this point. Both teams are screwed. Just. Can't. Happen.
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
Born_A_Bear
Self said pending big 12 decision and big 12 ruling is:
Just shy of 24 hours following the brawl between the in-state rivals, the Big 12 and commissioner Bob Bowlsby announced that KU's Silvio De Sousa will be suspended 12 games and David McCormack will be suspended two games.

K-State's James Love is suspended for eight games, once he is medically cleared to play again, and Antonio Gordon for three games. Additionally, both programs were reprimanded for violations of the Big 12 Sportsmanship Policies as a result of players leaving the bench area during the incident.
Aliceinbubbleland
Can't believe they didn't end De Sousa's scholarship. McCormick was over in the corner stomping on the KSU dude. Can't believe he didn't get even more.

Security guard should get a raise.

As to KSU Love, it didn't look to me like he was anywhere near the first off the bench and tried to protect his teammate.

FWIW I hate KU basketball and Self so I'm prejudiced.
Oldbear83
This is what you said, Jack: ' this Monmouth guy out ******bagged the KState player."

Note the bold part?
Chamberman
Oldbear83 said:

This is what you said, Jack: ' this Monmouth guy out ******bagged the KState player."

Note the bold part?

I took Jack's comment to mean that the Monmoutb player in the video screwed over KU better than the KState player from last night.
Jack Bauer
Chamberman said:

Oldbear83 said:

Note the bold part?

I took Jack's comment to mean that the Monmoutb player in the video screwed over KU better than the KState player from last night.

We have a winner.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.