Story Poster
Baylor Basketball

Gameday Thread: #2 Baylor (10-0; 3-0) vs TCU (9-3; 2-2)

January 7, 2021

#2 Baylor (10-0; 3-0) travels to Fort Worth to take on the Horned Frogs (9-3; 2-2) Saturday January 9th at 2pm CST.  The game will be televised on ESPN.  

KenPom Prediction:  Baylor 79 TCU 66

Coaches

TCU:  Jamie Dixon (55); 421-183 (93-60 at TCU); 12 NCAAs; 3 Sweet 16s; 1 Elite 8

Baylor:  Scott Drew (50); 374-222 overall (354-211 at Baylor); 8 NCAAs; 4 Sweet 16s; 2 Elite 8s

Head to Head:  4-4

TCU Starters

Name Pos Class Ht/Wt PPG RPG APG FG% 3pt% FT%
Mike Miles PG FR 6-1/195 13.6 3.2 3.4 44 40 81
RJ Nembhard SG JR 6-5/200 18.2 4.1 4.6 49 38 78
PJ Fuller SF SO 6-4/175 6.6 1.8 1.5 50 41 67
Kevin Easley PF SO 6-7/225 6.3 4.4 1.5 39 29 77
Kevin Samuel C JR 6-11/255 10.0 9.3 0.8 66 0 45

TCU Bench

Chuck O’Bannon F JR 6-6/215 6.2 4.0 0.5 40 37 67
Francisco Farabello G SO 6-3/180 5.8 1.9 2.5 42 45 20
Taryn Todd G FR 6-5/180 5.0 1.2 1.3 42 39 46
Jaedon Ledee F JR 6-9/240 4.7 3.1 0.4 50 0 56

Baylor Starters

Davion Mitchell PG JR 6-2/205 11.6 3.2 6.4 54 45 71
Jared Butler SG JR 6-3/195 15.2 3.0 5.5 47 42 81
MaCio Teague SF SR 6-4/195 16.0 4.4 1.4 49 41 84
Mark Vital PF SR 6-5/240 4.8 5.2 1.7 40 0 43
Flo Thamba C JR 6-10/245 4.3 4.7 0.2 71 0 54

Baylor Bench

Adam Flagler G SO 6-3/180 11.4 1.8 2.0 53 45 87
Jon Tchamwa F SO 6-8/245 9.5 7.6 0.3 66 0 79
Matt Mayer F JR 6-9/225 10.0 3.8 1.2 54 48 68
LJ Cryer G FR 6-1/185 7.3 1.0 1.6 46 45 67

Discussion from...

Gameday Thread: #2 Baylor (10-0; 3-0) vs TCU (9-3; 2-2)

18,311 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by vanillabryce
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Meanwhile TT is running ISU out of their own gym
Stefano DiMera
Stop.

'This team has no killer instict'....really?i
'Well be lucky to escape TCU with a win'
'Teague is killing us'

Those would be silly on their own..but the fact they were in the first 10 minutes od THE FIRST HALF are comical.
IowaBear
Stefano DiMera said:

Stop.

'Teague is killing us'

Those would be silly on their own..but the fact they were in the first 10 minutes od THE FIRST HALF are comical.

Escape with a W was at the half. And Teague early was hurting our rhythm. Why do you insist at coming at me only? What's your specific issue with me because you clearly have one. I'd be glad to PM chat and iron things out
IowaBear
You're also the same person I ask nicely not to use the word Idiot as I have a relative whose mentally disabled and is called that regularly and you responded with "there's nothing wrong with calling a person an idiot" so maybe it's not even worth my time to work things out.
StatMan
Nice to see Baylor outscored TCU in the 2nd Half, 40-21. Baylor finally pulled away for an 18-point victory. Great game for Jared Butler, scoring 28 points. Still undefeated with another double digit win for the #2 ranked Baylor Bears.
EvilTroyAndAbed
IowaBear said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Stop.

'Teague is killing us'

Escape with a W was at the half. And Teague early was hurting our rhythm. Why do you insist at coming at me only? What's your specific issue with me because you clearly have one. I'd be glad to PM chat and iron things out

Maybe you should take a breath during the first 10 minutes of the game and have confidence that the coaches and players will adjust instead of predicting doom and gloom.
EvilTroyAndAbed
ImABearToo said:

A cow buddy just sent me a text "Over rated!" Can't wait to destroy those fools.

Didn't they only beat Iowa State by 6 points?
historian
ImABearToo said:

A cow buddy just sent me a text "Over rated!" Can't wait to destroy those fools.
No doubt, he was talking about the cows. He may not have realized it, but reality will hit him soon enough, say February 2. I really do hope the Bears dine on a steak dinner that night--figuratively & maybe literally too!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
IowaBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

IowaBear said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Stop.

'Teague is killing us'

Maybe you should take a breath during the first 10 minutes of the game and have confidence that the coaches and players will adjust instead of predicting doom and gloom.

Doom and gloom ? I made observations in that moment. Make no mistake I always have faith in this team to win. Even if at any moment I have doubts. Also I find it interesting I'm the only one who gets dragged. Even when I say positive stuff. I said nothing bad today and STILL got dragged. It's tiring saying a lot of the same stuff as others and being the only one called out
Wichitabear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

IowaBear said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Stop.

'Teague is killing us'

These kind of comments are not necessary. Part of being on the board is just commenting and discussing. I can see why people just drop off this board. If you can't make a comment and continue to be criticized for it, then who wants to be here. Not what I expect from fellow Baylor Bears. Iowa Bear is a great poster and has a right to comment.
DanaDane
Wichitabear said:

These kind of comments are not necessary. Part of being on the board is just commenting and discussing. I can see why people just drop off this board. If you can't make a comment and continue to be criticized for it, then who wants to be here. Not what I expect from fellow Baylor Bears. Iowa Bear is a great poster and has a right to comment.

Exactly, WB!!!!! I love how all of these team Captain Sanctimonious types come in to tell everyone else what THEY should and shouldn't be saying on a game thread where most react to plays as they happen. If they don't like it, why the F don't they just click on the Ignore function and quit trying to serve as someone else's Daddy. The same 3 or 4 show up in every game thread as if anyone gives a crap what they are lecturing about and then pointing out corrections, but notice they wait until they know they are right in order to say something.
IowaBear
Wichitabear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

IowaBear said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Stop.

'Teague is killing us'

THANK YOU. I get I can post knee jerk reactions in the moment. I'm working on getting better. But I didn't post anything that bad today. Everything was in the moment. If I offended anyone I apologize but it's just a message board.
DanaDane
IowaBear said:

Wichitabear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

IowaBear said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Stop.

'Teague is killing us'

THANK YOU. I get I can post knee jerk reactions in the moment. I'm working on getting better. But I didn't post anything that bad today. Everything was in the moment. If I offended anyone I apologize but it's just a message board.
Don't work on "getting better." You're doing nothing wrong. If they don't like it, they can click on the Ignore function. You're just reacting to a play or a situation as it happens.
Wichitabear
DanaDane said:

IowaBear said:

Wichitabear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

IowaBear said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Stop.

'Teague is killing us'

Don't work on "getting better." You're doing nothing wrong. If they don't like it, they can click on the Ignore function. You're just reacting to a play or a situation as it happens.
Exactly!
Wichitabear
IowaBear said:

Wichitabear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

IowaBear said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Stop.

'Teague is killing us'

well, if did offend anyone, then we are just getting too easily offended. Ridiculous. You are fine.
DanaDane

Colt was fair in his assessment.
jdrs
Victory in Ft. Worth sure is sweet!
boognish_bear
BUCANDOIT82
IowaBear said:

Wichitabear said:

IowaBear said:

Wichitabear said:

I wish we could shoot! We just look awful.

It's not even that we're missing that bugs me. It's that we're missing WIDE open uncontested 3s at an alarming clip.
why? Why? Why? We do not look like the number 2 team in the nation.

Right now Gonzaga would run BU off the court. Maybe we need an L to wake this team up
You know nothing about basketball. This is the best team Baylor has ever had. Gonzaga would be lucky to stay within double digits.
IowaBear
BUCANDOIT82 said:

IowaBear said:

Wichitabear said:

IowaBear said:

Wichitabear said:

I wish we could shoot! We just look awful.

It's not even that we're missing that bugs me. It's that we're missing WIDE open uncontested 3s at an alarming clip.
why? Why? Why? We do not look like the number 2 team in the nation.

Right now Gonzaga would run BU off the court. Maybe we need an L to wake this team up
You know nothing about basketball. This is the best team Baylor has ever had. Gonzaga would be lucky to stay within double digits.

I know knowing about Basketball? I'm not even going to defend myself to that comment. Go watch Gonzaga. Lucky to stay within 10? I get being confident but that's just pure homerism
boognish_bear
Stefano DiMera
You guys just dont get it..the game threads serve a great purpose for people not near a TV or radio..People should comment if were 0-10 shooting bricks..or playing sloppy with turnovers..but to criticize this teams effort..or killer instinct when theyve beaten everyone like a drum is idiotic.

But what goards me an others is you take a slow start in the first 3 minutes and extrapolate that to how the game will turn out..or how well never beat Texas or West Virginia ...or wwre only going 13-5 in conference..or were never making the Final Four.

All because we were down 1 to TCU at half.

Do better.
IowaBear
Stefano DiMera said:

You guys just dont get it..the game threads serve a great purpose for people not near a TV or radio..People should comment if were 0-10 shooting bricks..or playing sloppy with turnovers..but to criticize this teams effort..or killer instinct when theyve beaten everyone like a drum is idiotic.

But what goards me an others is you take a slow start in the first 3 minutes and extrapolate that to how the game will turn out..or how well never beat Texas or West Virginia ...or wwre only going 13-5 in conference..or were never making the Final Four.

All because we were down 1 to TCU at half.

Do better.

Where did I say will never beat TX or WV? Again you're not understanding what I am several others are saving. I'm posting in real time. At the time we were struggling heavily. This team at times goes through the motions (because they're that good and can get away with it) also you act like 13-5 if that did happen would be some kind of insult. This conference is loaded. And BU will have to play 2 complete halves to beat the WVs/TXs/Techs/KUs. Again it's a message board. When BU is kicking butt I acknowledge it! Quit acting like a drill Sargent bossing me around. I've acknowledged I'm working on the knee jerk reactions and you still target me because you feel the need to control those on these boards. I'd hate for you to be a member on a blue bloods board if you think I'm being a terrible fan.
DanaDane
We're doing just fine, thank you. If it goards you, click on the Ignore function like I did a long time ago with Gramps and now, after this post, you.
vanillabryce
Can we get Xiled into this thread? Seems like it's something he could add to... or has he been banned?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.