2018 NCAA WBB Transfers

59,920 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DFW Bill
WacoKelly83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jackson's a grad transfer so she is eligible immediately.
RealLarryDon
WacoKelly83 said:

Jackson's a grad transfer so she is eligible immediately.
YES!!!!!! Thanks. Didn't realize that. And, I'm just catching up on the news. Didn't realize she had committed. This is great. We FINALLY have an outside shooter. This should make Morris a much better option at PG now that she's paired with a shooter who can score against better teams.

That pick up has instantly moved us from a Sweet 16 to a potential Final Four team next year, assuming no injuries. Mulkey and Toyelle come through again on the recruiting trail!
BaylorBears_254
Im grown lol, but nice try...kid.

You thought you were stating the obvious saying that someone would transfer. Clearly at the rate of which Mulkey is recruiting, girls are going to feel a certain way about all the competition coming in.

I never said there wouldn't be any transfers as well.

This post just made you look even more dumb. Stop acting as if you "know" things. You damn near cheered for Tennessee and Louisville the ENTIRE tournament. Go fanboy somewhere else "kid".
bearbone11
You do realize that she only shot 27% from 3 last year? She is a good player but I think you are setting your expectations a bit high. I don't see this as a major upgrade over Juicy, though I don't know about Jackson's defense.
BaylorBears_254
He doesn't watch WBB, but thinks he's a know it all.

He never watched an LSU WBB game this year, but swears she's immediately our "3rd best player"
RealLarryDon
bearbone11 said:

You do realize that she only shot 27% from 3 last year? She is a good player but I think you are setting your expectations a bit high. I don't see this as a major upgrade over Juicy, though I don't know about Jackson's defense.

HUGE upgrade over Juicy, whose biggest stats were built against small teams. She was non-existent from the outside against Oregon St, which is one of the reasons we lost. Jackson played on a team where there was no discernible offensive flow or any structure at LSU. It was basically fire the ball in the air for their whole team. She played in a disciplined offense in high school and had better shooting statistics than Juicy or any of the vaunted McDonald AA's we have coming in. Sit back and watch as she shoots 40-45% from 3 once she has some time under Mulkey's tutelage and our offense.
bawitdaball
She's a grad transfer - she can play anywhere immediately.
bearbone11
So your argument is that Jackson played well in high school (4 years ago) and that Juicy had a bad game against Oregon State? That isn't much to go on. Jackson may be great for us but the statistical evidence for that is lacking right now. Juicy had some very good games against strong competition, even if the last one didn't go well.

I won't say no to extra talent, but your idea that we needed a transfer to move beyond the Sweet Sixteen is laughable. Pretty much all knowledgeable fans have us as a top-3 team going into next year with our current roster.
Polarbear
Natalie Chou and Juicy Landrum just completed Sophomore years in the core rotation of a Sweet 16 team who was ranked #2 in the country and only had 2 losses. Natalie Chou and Juicy Landrum both shoot over 40% from 3 point range, which is a hugely valuable skill to spread the floor when we run our offense through Kalani and Lauren inside. Natalie Chou and Juicy Landrum improved defensively this year, and will be veteran Juniors next year with all the wisdom and confidence which that confers. Natalie Chou and Juicy Landrum absolutely, positively are talented enough to be in the core rotation of a National Championship team. If we are adding Chloe Jackson because we are losing 1 or 2 girls as transfers, I fully understand. But even adding Chloe Jackson, I still fully expect Natalie Chou and Juicy Landrum to get heavy minutes in the core rotation.
CavalryRoadie
RealLarryDon said:

If we get Jackson, she is instantly our 3rd best player on the roster behind Kalani and Lauren. There's no one else even remotely close to those three.
While I agree with you that Ms Jackson will be a nice addition, I'm not prepared to say she will be "...instantly our 3rd best player...".

Jackson is not a particularly good 3-point shooter (27.1%, last year). Out of the 6 Lady Bears who made a 3-pointer last year, Jackson's 3PT% would rank above only Moon Ursin. Her overall shooting isn't bad, although at 43.6%, she would have ranked 9th on the Lady Bears, last season.

I believe her experience will make her valuable, and not needing to shoot as much may actually help her shooting %. I'm interested in seeing her defense. Jackson appears to be a good rebounder - opportunistic?

I would not be happy to lose anyone from last year's squad. I would be particularly disappointed to lose any of our 3-point shooters (Morris, Juicy and Chou).

"Statistics are no substitute for judgment."
- Henry Clay
baylor1984
Jackson's shooting percentage and most players SP would go up when you get to play with Brown and Cox.
Dcheetah
I am going to repeat this post from another thread.

Chloe had 23pts vs Texas on 11 of 23 shots, 7Rbs, 5 Asst and 4TO in 39 min this Nov. 0 for 2 on 3ptrs.
Pretty impressive.

Also 25pts/6Rb/0TO vs Miss State
26 pts vs Auburn, 22 vs Georgia, 21 vs Tennessee, and 16 vs S. Carolina.

She shot close to 50% in these games. She also led her team in steals from what I recall reading. She showed up big against the best teams. She should get more open and 1v1 looks in this offense.
CavalryRoadie
Dcheetah said:

I am going to repeat this post from another thread.

Chloe had 23pts vs Texas on 11 of 23 shots, 7Rbs, 5 Asst and 4TO in 39 min this Nov. 0 for 2 on 3ptrs.
Pretty impressive.

Also 25pts/6Rb/0TO vs Miss State
26 pts vs Auburn, 22 vs Georgia, 21 vs Tennessee, and 16 vs S. Carolina.

She shot close to 50% in these games. She also led her team in steals from what I recall reading. She showed up big against the best teams. She should get more open and 1v1 looks in this offense.
Thank you for repeating this information. Jackson should be a nice addition to the team.
LadyBears42
RealLarryDon, I think you need to slow your roll when speaking about them vaunted McDAA. You know NOTHING about any of their percentages and what they can do compared to Ms Jackson (the kid you vaunt about). They're all great players who will have to be able to adjust and produce within CKM's system and they're all capable of doing so...TRUST ME. Don't disrespect player's you know NOTHING about, ESPECIALLY when they've CHOSEN to bring their talents to Baylor. It's ok for you to have your (personal) favorite but don't try and degrade our hardworking incoming McDAA (a title definitely not just handed to them). You don't lift someone up by TRYING to tear others down.
WasheFuzzy
LadyBears42 said:

RealLarryDon, I think you need to slow your roll when speaking about them vaunted McDAA. You know NOTHING about any of their percentages and what they can do compared to Ms Jackson (the kid you vaunt about). They're all great players who will have to be able to adjust and produce within CKM's system and they're all capable of doing so...TRUST ME. Don't disrespect player's you know NOTHING about, ESPECIALLY when they've CHOSEN to bring their talents to Baylor. It's ok for you to have your (personal) favorite but don't try and degrade our hardworking incoming McDAA (a title definitely not just handed to them). You don't lift someone up by TRYING to tear others down.
I'm not sure how calling our incoming players "vaunted McDAAs" is an insult to them. He we was simply comparing shooting statistics, which, if based on factual statistics, is a fair comparison. And how do you know that he hasn't done his homework and may know more about all of them than you do. On what information are you basing you assessment that he knows NOTHING about their percentages?

No need to tear down RealLarryDon...it doesn't lift anyone up.
GrizBear
WasheFuzzy said:

LadyBears42 said:

I'm not sure how calling our incoming players "vaunted McDAAs" is an insult to them. He we was simply comparing shooting statistics, which, if based on factual statistics, is a fair comparison. And how do you know that he hasn't done his homework and may know more about all of them than you do. On what information are you basing you assessment that he knows NOTHING about their percentages?

No need to tear down RealLarryDon...it doesn't lift anyone up.
Tearing down the troll RealDingDong is fair game.
bearbone11
Considering that he called a 27% shooter the answer to our 3 point "problem", I think it is reasonable to question his research. That, and months of tearing down our team.
BaylorBears_254
LarryDon is a troll. He takes after WAC.

setshot
setshot
setshot said:

That she could consistenly score at a high rate indicates that she can create her own shot when called upon to do so. She was not a great shooter from the arc, however. She will have to make a major adjustment to accommodate the shift to the Mulkey style of play, especially the opportunity to play with one All American post player and another who was All Conference. I think that she will be a great asset to a very young roster.
LadyBears42
WasheFuzzy, he CLEARLY used the word "vaunted" in a negative form, to say she (Ms. Jackson) has a better shooting statistic than Juicy and "The vaunted McDAA", come on now. Reread it if you need to, to better understand what he was leading to. He used the word as if our girls are over rated. He's negative...PERIOD! And knows NOTHING about their percentages...TRUST ME. And what is he comparing her statistics to?? These McDAA have never even played college ball YET. So again, what can he possibly be comparing her (Ms.Jackson) statistics to?? There are no percentages kept at the high school level so, there is nothing for him to compare. They keep ppg, apg, rpg and spg in high school no one takes the time to tally up high school players percentages. Do your research when it comes to those great young ladies who are capable of playing in the same system Ms. Jackson will have to learn WITH THEM. She's older and more experienced at the college level, YES and we look forward to her presence, but like I said, he shouldn't be trying to tear others down to lift one up. She can't win a title by herself, she will need them as much as they will need her. FYI, one of those "vaunted McDAA" played at the same high school as Ms. Jackson (replacing Ms Jackson as she graduated), in that same disciplined system he speaks about, coached by Sam Caldwell. FYI, from what I hear (from the horses mouth) she (that vaunted MCDAA) was so good (as a freshman) she became and still is the ONLY FRESHMAN to have ever started Varsity in the history of the program (leading that disciplined system in scoring effectively) playing one of, if not THE toughest schedule in the country. So again, all of our girls are great players who will contribute to Baylor's success. And WE need to APPRECIATE each and everyone of them.
WasheFuzzy
LadyBears42 said:

WasheFuzzy, he CLEARLY used the word "vaunted" in a negative form, to say she (Ms. Jackson) has a better shooting statistic than Juicy and "The vaunted McDAA", come on now. Reread it if you need to, to better understand what he was leading to. He used the word as if our girls are over rated. He's negative...PERIOD! And knows NOTHING about their percentages...TRUST ME. And what is he comparing her statistics to?? These McDAA have never even played college ball YET. So again, what can he possibly be comparing her (Ms.Jackson) statistics to?? There are no percentages kept at the high school level so, there is nothing for him to compare. They keep ppg, apg, rpg and spg in high school no one takes the time to tally up high school players percentages. Do your research when it comes to those great young ladies who are capable of playing in the same system Ms. Jackson will have to learn WITH THEM. She's older and more experienced at the college level, YES and we look forward to her presence, but like I said, he shouldn't be trying to tear others down to lift one up. She can't win a title by herself, she will need them as much as they will need her. FYI, one of those "vaunted McDAA" played at the same high school as Ms. Jackson (replacing Ms Jackson as she graduated), in that same disciplined system he speaks about, coached by Sam Caldwell. FYI, from what I hear (from the horses mouth) she (that vaunted MCDAA) was so good (as a freshman) she became and still is the ONLY FRESHMAN to have ever started Varsity in the history of the program (leading that disciplined system in scoring effectively) playing one of, if not THE toughest schedule in the country. So again, all of our girls are great players who will contribute to Baylor's success. And WE need to APPRECIATE each and everyone of them.

I've said my peace. I'm not her to try to control or restrict what others say. If I don't like someone's banter then I quietly block them and go on my merry way, never to see their posts again.

And you seriously think that no high school tracks the three point shooting percentage. Come on now.
WasheFuzzy
I think I have made it well known that I think HSG will be the biggest impact player in this class. I think it will be very hard for anyone to beat Jaskson out for the starting position just based on experience, but if anyone can I think it's HSG. I don't think Landrum or Chou will beat her out.

I hope we don't play the "ok, you're gonna start then get pulled at first time out" game again. Put the best player on the floor for the tip-off.
LadyBears42
Definitely not, I have yet to see high schools put out percentages. And trust me, I'm definitely not concerned with you blocking me....Trust Me! Lol..I responded to someone else's negative response regarding our young ladies. Nothing more, nothing less. Have a Blessed Life!
WasheFuzzy
LadyBears42 said:

Definitely not, I have yet to see high schools put out percentages. And trust me, I'm definitely not concerned with you blocking me....Trust Me! Lol..I responded to someone else's negative response regarding our young ladies. Nothing more, nothing less. Have a Blessed Life!

Honey, I wasn't talking about me blocking you. LOL What I was saying is if you don't like what Larry has to say there is a very simple solution. You are giving him what he craves: attention.

Have a blessed after life!
WasheFuzzy
WasheFuzzy said:

LadyBears42 said:

Honey, I wasn't talking about me blocking you. LOL What I was saying is if you don't like what Larry has to say there is a very simple solution. You are giving him what he craves: attention.

Have a blessed after life!
Wow...finding three point shooting percentages of high school players sure was hard.

http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/girls-basketball/,scoring/stat-leaders.htm?classyear=12&position=all
BaylorBears_254
Ehhh it may be me but does that link show PPG, and not 3 point shooting percentage lol?
WasheFuzzy
BaylorBears_254 said:

Ehhh it may be me but does that link show PPG, and not 3 point shooting percentage lol?
I presume that you know how to use Google. Google the words High School Girls Three Point Shooting and it will take you to the following link?

https://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/girls-basketball/,3-point/stat-leaders.htm

WasheFuzzy
In the words of the great Mark Twain: "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

I must admit, I'm beaten.
BaylorBears_254
I mean, your link was the one that took me to "PPG" instead of your original "3 point field shooting %" lol
BaylorBears_254
WasheFuzzy said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

I presume that you know how to use Google. Google the words High School Girls Three Point Shooting and it will take you to the following link?

https://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/girls-basketball/,3-point/stat-leaders.htm

Ok now here's the correct one
57Bear
BaylorBears_254 said:

I mean, your link was the one that took me to "PPG" instead of your original "3 point field shooting %" lol
I had no difficulty finding 3 point data at that URL.
bearbone11
I always had trouble finding complete and accurate stats for our recruits on MaxPreps. They rely on teams reporting their own stats so it can be hit and miss. I would take anything there with a grain of salt.
LadyBears42
Thank you bearbone11!!! You are absolutely right! I know someone over in the DMV where RBS is located and he said there were times (this year) when their school (RBS) didn't even have anyone taking their stats, let alone percentages. Some schools report (like you said, you have to always question the accuracy of Maxprep) and most don't, making it very difficult to compare anything. Example: if you look at the school list you only see one of our girls school on there, which means the others didn't report that information. College is different, people get paid to make sure those things are reported accurately so, it gets done. It's not mandatory in high school so, it doesn't get done, unfortunately. But any hoot, I'm off of this. God Bless all on this message board and pray all of our girls stay/get healthy and work together towards the team's success.
slimecap
slimecap said:

UPDATE
May 2, 2018

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-Aggies-womens-basketball-Danni-Williams-to-transfer-from-AM-womens-basketball-team-117916436

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.