Te'a Cooper transfer portal

60,252 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by beardoc
Big Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The wbbblog.com lists her as a redshirt junior and a grad transfer.
slimecap
WIBear said:

I thought that a while back Cooper had posted on social media that she was graduating from USCe. Does anyone else remember seeing this statement?
"Cooper had the option to renounce her remaining eligibility and enter the WNBA draft, held Wednesday night, but did not do so. Now, she will be a graduate transfer and will be immediately eligible wherever she goes."

- Greg Hadley, The State, 11 April 2019

ELIGIBILITY USAGE TIMELINE
2015 Graduated High School
2015-16 Played season at Tennessee
2016-17 Sat out the season with a left knee injury
2017-18 Sat out the season due to transfer rules
2018-19 Played season at South Carolina
WIBear
Okay, time to complicate things. Are one of the two years she didn't play a medical redshirt? If so, wouldn't that mean that she would be a graduate transfer with two years of eligibility? And, if she has two years of eligibility left, would Coach Mulkey want her?
Dcheetah
T'ea did not make the Pan Am team
Malbec
WIBear said:

Okay, time to complicate things. Are one of the two years she didn't play a medical redshirt? If so, wouldn't that mean that she would be a graduate transfer with two years of eligibility? And, if she has two years of eligibility left, would Coach Mulkey want her?
No. A medical redshirt is an alternative to a standard redshirt. If you play in less than the required maximum number of contests (the rule was 20%) and are injured, you can apply for a medical redshirt that allows you to use that year in place of the normal redshirt year. You don't get both. You still only get 5 years to play 4 (there used to be a pregnancy exception that would allow a potential 6th year, sometimes referred to as a "pink shirt", not sure if that rule still exists).
WIBear
Thanks for the information!
Scout Bear
Not looking to get in the middle of the pissing match in this thread, but our point guard future is currently at Irving MacArthur HS. ( And maybe...just maybe...WA)
bowdedg
Scout Bear said:

Not looking to get in the middle of the pissing match in this thread, but our point guard future is currently at Irving MacArthur HS. ( And maybe...just maybe...WA)
Agree!
slimecap
Scout Bear said:

our point guard future is currently at Irving MacArthur HS

Scout Bear
Dial it up Slimecap. Hope you are doing well.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
And she's going to do an interview...
Scout Bear
Brian Ethridge said:

And she's going to do an interview...
Yep. Heard about that. She and Gusters are close according to DFWBill. We have skilledup, slimecap. and DFWBill. keeping watch. And my law office is just down the street. We are watching and listening.

There's been a bright yellow corvette at Mac lately. Don't know what that is all about. /s/
HustleBear
Scout Bear said:

I sure hope you're right about Andrews, but who will be the PG for the immediate future.....
BuinmyBlood
Honesty. Scott. Grayson.
Wineguy89
HustleBear said:

Scout Bear said:

I sure hope you're right about Andrews, but who will be the PG for the immediate future.....

Cooper for one year still fits that gap IF Kim wants her. She has certainly had time to sign elsewhere hasn't she? Me thinks Kim is doing a TON of due diligence on this one.....

Oh and I really hope there has been that GOLD (ish) Vette in Irving a TON lately LOL!!!
DFW Bill
The yellow Corvette at Irving MacArthur is not a bad thing, unless Gusters or Andrews are driving it.
Chibears2
Scout Bear
Wish I was driving it.
BuinmyBlood
Hey Brian. When is this interview supposed to take place? And is it just Andrews or is it several people?
Chibears2
Yes, when might we expect the interview? Inquiring minds want to know!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Chibears2 said:

I've sent Andrews my questions. Hope she answers back, but if she doesn't.....
Chibears2
Got it. Will keep fingers crossed.
Scout Bear
Brian Ethridge said:

Chibears2 said:

I've sent Andrews my questions. Hope she answers back, but if she doesn't.....
If she doesn't, then I will answer them for you.

Question: Where are you going to play basketball?

Answer: The Baylor Lady Bears.

Question: Did texas offer you?

Answer: Who?
Dcheetah
Did she show up on campus today or this weekend?
ScottS
Any updates?
slimecap

Dwight Howard & the Cooper family at WNBA Atlanta game
June 9, 2019
beardoc
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but apparently Erin Degrate is looking to be a graduate transfer from Tech.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.