Te'a Cooper transfer portal

60,313 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by beardoc
mimi25408
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She did not have a confrontation at SC. One teammate didnt like her . And that one player has a attitude and a authority problem. Fans think they know what goes on with these players and little of them do. Just because she transferred it doesn't mean she was the problem at SC regardless of what SC fans think. Alot of yall dont even know the real reason Imani Wright transferred. It's just alot of stuff that happends overtime.. their kids, they will learn.
The funny thing is after Morris was dismissed and was rumored to be coming back yall was willing to give her a second chance with out a doubt.
Kim knows what she doing, she chooses her she chooses her if she doesn't she doesn't. We can say how much you dont like or how much you do like her but Fans don't have decisions in this matter.
This girl is 23 years old she is an adult but she still young. If yall know Kim you would understand that if she were to come to Baylor she would Humble that girl quick fast and in a hurry and Dismiss her in a heartbeat. Since this her last go around where ever she ends up I doubt she would want to ruin her last season.
HustleBear
franklin said:

In the two games against Baylor Cooper had only two assists. Isn't that a concern?
She was not a PG at S.Carolina and they got blew the heck out in both games.
Lone Star
LadyBears42 said:

Jackson will say anything to get a friend in the door. Cooper had confrontations with teammates at SC and Tenn, that's her resume, and I strongly believe CKM needs to reach out to the previous coaching staff and players who had to actually interact with her on a daily basis, to get an accurate description of who she is.

If Morris was dismissed for behavior problems, than why bring in another behavior problem...makes no sense. We should focus on our current players, get in the gym and get them ready. They're no slouches
Slow your roll. You are taking a few cheap shots at players and situations I doubt you have true inside knowledge about.
LiBeartarian
Lone Star said:

LadyBears42 said:

Jackson will say anything to get a friend in the door. Cooper had confrontations with teammates at SC and Tenn, that's her resume, and I strongly believe CKM needs to reach out to the previous coaching staff and players who had to actually interact with her on a daily basis, to get an accurate description of who she is.

If Morris was dismissed for behavior problems, than why bring in another behavior problem...makes no sense. We should focus on our current players, get in the gym and get them ready. They're no slouches
Slow your roll. You are taking a few cheap shots at players and situations I doubt you have true inside knowledge about.
I agree...bad form
LadyBears42
You slow your roll. First of all, the response was not to hurt anyone's feelings so, my apologies if I triggered your emotions. I'm just saying if we let go of Morris (who's game I tend to love a lot) for confrontations, then why are we bringing another player on the team who has the same issues. We should have just kept Morris and gave her a 2nd chance. And as far as Jackson, she's never played or had to work directly with Cooper so, she can not provide a valid recommendation as to how she is as a teammate. No cheap shots being thrown, just a valid point being made. Relax
BUBBFAN
The only person qualified to make this kind of decision is Kim. What ever it is everyone should accept it as the right decision for her team. She will not sabotage this teams chemistry.
LadyBears42
Im sorry, she definitely had an issue with one of the players on the SC team (2nd incident to the Tenn issue) and that was a two way attitude/controlling problem between both young ladies. Furthermore, no one is trying to make the decision as to whether or not Cooper comes to Baylor, the only one person that can do that is CKM, that goes without saying. I'm SIMPLY saying CKM should do her homework on the player via her past coaches (professional adults) and players who actually had to work directly with her. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. Have a great day!
bowdedg
LadyBears42 said:

You slow your roll. First of all, the response was not to hurt anyone's feelings so, my apologies if I triggered your emotions. I'm just saying if we let go of Morris (who's game I tend to love a lot) for confrontations, then why are we bringing another player on the team who has the same issues. We should have just kept Morris and gave her a 2nd chance. And as far as Jackson, she's never played or had to work directly with Cooper so, she can not provide a valid recommendation as to how she is as a teammate. No cheap shots being thrown, just a valid point being made. Relax
Unfortunately you can't compare Morris' situation with Coopers. Totally different!
BUBBFAN
Promise you, Kim will not make a decision without doing her homework. What kind of coach do you think she is.? Fly by the seat of her pants.
Hairy Bear
BUBBFAN said:

Promise you, Kim will not make a decision without doing her homework. What kind of coach do you think she is.? Fly by the seat of her pants.
I agree.
LadyBears42
I'm sorry, altercations with another human being is definitely the same. Morris's was with someone outside of her University and Cooper's was with teammates (within her Universities).
LadyBears42
Not saying, she's not going to do her homework, I definitely know, she's smart enough to do that. Just saying, she should go to the horses (people who actually worked directly with the girl) not the bystanders/spectators. Have a great day!
bowdedg
LadyBears42 said:

I'm sorry, altercations with another human being is definitely the same. Morris's was with someone outside of her University and Cooper's was with teammates (within her Universities).

BUBBFAN
LadyBears42 said:

Not saying, she's not going to do her homework, I definitely know, she's smart enough to do that. Just saying, she should go to the horses (people who actually worked directly with the girl) not the bystanders/spectators. Have a great day!
That is part of doing her homework. Looks to me like you think Kim is a dummy.
baylor1984
LadyBears42 said:

Cooper assaulted another female and got caught with weed ? Because that's why Morris isn't here. A disagreement with a teammate is a long, long way away from what Morris did. I also trust Kim to take care/nip in the bud any kind of problem between teammate's that occur on the court or during practice.
gone to Tickfaw
morris must have major regret. Wow. She coulda had a ring. But had she stayed... would we?
skilledup
LadyBears42 said:

Actually Cooper tried to avoid this problem. Cooper gets a bad wrap on this situation and she was not the problem. I have spoken with a few that were there and it' has nothing to do with basketball.
Eball
Kim will do what she thinks is best for the team and give them the best chance to win another championship. I just mentioned in another post that there is some serious talent out there looking to transfer...a lot of schools will be taking advantage to upgrade their rosters...we should as well...however we already have a very talented roster and we have more returning than most schools so Kim can afford to be picky which is a good thing. I continue to hope that none of our kids look to transfer and we get a chance to see more from those returning next year.
Big Bear
Just for the record, we hit 20 of 49 threes in the NCAAs. I believe that is what Oregon hit percentage-wise for their entire season. So, what conclusion do you "want more 3s" draw?
WIBear
I know that this is becoming redundant, but do we know when a decision will be made regarding Te'a Cooper?
Lone Star
WIBear said:

I know that this is becoming redundant, but do we know when a decision will be made regarding Te'a Cooper?
What's the rush?
ScottS
We'd want to get her before another team does.
Dcheetah
She has recently retweeted some Michigan State stuff.
Bruingirl
bowdedg said:

LadyBears42 said:

Kim said previously in regard to the Mosby transfer that one of the factors in her decision to allow the transfer was the fact that the player's conduct issues did not lead to any legal issues. If I understand correctly, Morris's did, but Cooper's did not. I don't have enough information to have a preference either way, so I'll just ride on the bandwagon with those who trust our coaching staff and their assessment.
Can't it just be game time already?
SmallVol1
LadyBears42 said:

As some of you may know, I'm Tennessee with very close Carolina ties. Te'a is a concern. She was expelled from (the real) UT, not from the team, therefore she is ineligible for reentry to the university, not that she wants to reenter as far as I know. Unfortunately, the video was published and seen before Holly had any knowledge of the situation and it went to Administrative discipline. Te'a was the only one punished based on the video imu. I thought Dawn would be the making of her, but apparently the problems continued (Herbert-Harrigan transfer/non transfer). This amazed me; Holly was no disciplinarian, but Dawn is not one to push, as proven. I have a lot of confidence in Kim, and apparently you all really need some guards for next year. That said, Te'a could very well work out; I mean if she flubs another chance what message does that send to the WNBA? How much she wants the WNBA I don't know; she has a fiance and may decide she does not. The bottom line is her stability is in question; you all are taking a big risk. BUT Kim has handled situations before so probably worst case is she's off the team before any damage is done and you all are no worse off than before. Best case is she plays like (I believe) she is capable, becomes a good teammate, and gives you all a much needed guard. Good luck in whatever is done and trust in Kim!
mimi25408
Thanks for the info but I was hoping people would dead this conversation. This information has been repeated at least 10 times on this board. She had a bad past, I dont understand why it has to be brought up every other post. If Kim brings her on that's her choice. Not to be discounting anyone but Dawn and Holly ARE NOT KIM. If she comes she comes if she doesn't she doesn't. She will be welcome if she is invited to play for Baylor but no one's going to cry if she doesn't because we have the number 1 recruiting class suiting up. Baylor will be fine with or without cooper.
TXtoCO
fujobear said:

morris must have major regret. Wow. She coulda had a ring. But had she stayed... would we?
Jackson was a major upgrade from Morris. Had Jackson not come to Baylor and played such a big factor on this team we would not have won a championship. She was a God send and I am grateful that she chose the Lady Bears. Morris was never fully committed to this team and I am glad that she is finding her destiny under CVS.
GrizBear
TXtoCO said:

fujobear said:

Jackson was a major upgrade from Morris. Had Jackson not come to Baylor and played such a big factor on this team we would not have won a championship. She was a God send and I am grateful that she chose the Lady Bears. Morris was never fully committed to this team and I a glad that she is finding he destiny under CVS.
Jackson worked out phenomenally for Baylor but your comment on Morris is ridiculous.
BaylorBears_254
TXtoCO said:

fujobear said:

Jackson was a major upgrade from Morris. Had Jackson not come to Baylor and played such a big factor on this team we would not have won a championship. She was a God send and I am grateful that she chose the Lady Bears. Morris was never fully committed to this team and I a glad that she is finding he destiny under CVS.

Stop...

Jackson was what Morris was going to be in a year or two, but better.

HustleBear
GrizBear said:

TXtoCO said:

fujobear said:

Jackson worked out phenomenally for Baylor but your comment on Morris is ridiculous.
Agreed.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
GrizBear said:

TXtoCO said:

fujobear said:

Depending on how you look at it, Morris having her troubles off the court could mean she wasn't completely dedicated to the team in TXtoCO opinion.
TXtoCO
I never felt that Morris was happy at Baylor and her actions off the court reflected the lack of respect that she showed for the opportunities she was given. She would have been better off playing in the PAC 10.
buildabear1
Sorry, but she loved Baylor. And very sorry she let the team down. And I know this from speaking to her.
BuinmyBlood
buildabear1 said:

Sorry, but she loved Baylor. And very sorry she let the team down. And I know this from speaking to her.
Of course, that makes it even sadder that she couldn't reign in her emotions when there was so much at stake.

Life's lessons at that age can truly be instrumental in how the rest of one's lives play out.

What could have been....
WacoKelly83
So is this the weekend Tea visits? Skilledup mentioned that she would be in town for a visit soon to see if she was a fit. I'm assuming it will be a weekend but who knows. Has it already happened?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.