Te'a Cooper transfer portal

60,306 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by beardoc
mlb60
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BuinmyBlood said:

buildabear1 said:

Sorry, but she loved Baylor. And very sorry she let the team down. And I know this from speaking to her.
Of course, that makes it even sadder that she couldn't reign in her emotions when there was so much at stake.

Life's lessons at that age can truly be instrumental in how the rest of one's lives play out.

What could have been....

I truly wish the best for Morris. Kids do stupid things and she's paying consequences for hers. I hope she gets her head on straight and has a great life, wherever that takes her.

Jackson was the difference-maker on this year's team. Aside from her sometimes under rated athleticism, her game had an edge that comes from competiveness, experience, and maturity. She's one of my favorite Bears ever, even with only one season.
TXtoCO
buildabear1 said:

Sorry, but she loved Baylor. And very sorry she let the team down. And I know this from speaking to her.
Actions speak louder than words. I'm not buying it.
Baylor Dad in Va.
TXtoCO said:

buildabear1 said:

Well I am not as dense as you. I am buying it.
BaylorTaxman
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

buildabear1 said:

I agree.
TXtoCO
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

buildabear1 said:

My head does not go as far in the sand.
Baylor Dad in Va.
TXtoCO said:

Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

buildabear1 said:

SO, let me get this straight. You are not part of the team, you are not in any way associated with Baylor except as a fan, you don't know the girl, have never spoken to her, yet you know how she thinks - right?

I disagree - yet you want to challenge me because I don't see it the way you do?

Pardon me if I don't take you seriously.
TXtoCO
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

buildabear1 said:

SO, let me get this straight. You are not part of the team, you are not in any way associated with Baylor except as a fan, you don't know the girl, have never spoken to her, yet you know how she thinks - right?

I disagree - yet you want to challenge me because I don't see it the way you do?

I am basing my opinion on her actions that got her expelled from the team. What are you basing your opinion on?

Pardon me if I don't take you seriously..
buildabear1
Opinions are like A hols. So you have a few of them. Again as I stated from talking to Alex's my self. She made mistake and ownes them. But it doesn't change the fact she loves Kim and staff and Baylor. And just to let you know she plans on coming back her senior year as grad transfer, and out of her mouth if Kim let's her.
Wineguy89
buildabear1 said:

Opinions are like A hols. So you have a few of them. Again as I stated from talking to Alex's my self. She made mistake and ownes them. But it doesn't change the fact she loves Kim and staff and Baylor. And just to let you know she plans on coming back her senior year as grad transfer, and out of her mouth if Kim let's her.

Will be interesting to see if that plays out. All the luck to her in the meantime.
TXtoCO
buildabear1 said:

Senior year is a long way off and she is known for changing her mind. Meanwhile, let's develop the players who are still enrolled at Baylor, not at other universities.
Scout Bear
Why would she do that? Makes no sense. She would get drafted and go to the pros.
Baylor Dad in Va.
TXtoCO said:

buildabear1 said:

Senior year is a long way off and she is known for changing her mind. Meanwhile, let's develop the players who are still enrolled at Baylor, no at other universities.
Why do you keep saying bad things about one of our former players?

Please tell me how you know that "she is know for changing her mind".

You don't know her, have never spoken to her, never interacted with, and have no knowledge about her except what you can read in these pages?

She may not ever again play for Baylor but I will not stand idly by and let you make disparaging remarks about her without being challenged.

And I am quite positive that Kim will continue to develop the players that we have, plus any additional ones that she may give a scholarship.
TXtoCO
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

buildabear1 said:

Senior year is a long way off and she is known for changing her mind. Meanwhile, let's develop the players who are still enrolled at Baylor, no at other universities.
Why do you keep saying bad things about one of our former players?

Please tell me how you know that "she is know for changing her mind".

You don't know her, have never spoken to her, never interacted with, and have no knowledge about her except what you can read in these pages?

She may not ever again play for Baylor but I will not stand idly by and let you make disparaging remarks about her without being challenged.

And I am quite positive that Kim will continue to develop the players that we have, plus any additional ones that she may give a scholarship.

I didn't say anything bad about Morris. I just said that she never seemed to be fully committed to Baylor. That is no slam on her. I just don't think she was ever happy at Baylor. I could certainly be wrong but there is a reason that she landed at Rutgers. We will just have to agree to disagree, I suppose.
ABC BEAR
I would like to enter a portal which would fast forward me to her decision so I can quit checking this thread twice a week.
bularry
TXtoCO said:

Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

buildabear1 said:

I am basing my opinion on her actions that got her expelled from the team. What are you basing your opinion on?

What a jackass nonsensical comment

Are you 11?
ScottS
Rerail effort...Cooper coming to Baylor?
curtpenn
bularry said:

TXtoCO said:

Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

buildabear1 said:

Are you 11?
Ironic coming from you.
ScottS
Rerail effort #2....Cooper headed to Baylor?
skilledup
ScottS said:

She has told Mulkey that she is going to Baylor
Dcheetah
Does Mulkey want her?
Is Minyon Moore.xoming in?
TXtoCO
skilledup said:

ScottS said:

All reports are that she will land at Baylor. I hope it doesn't disrupt team chemistry. I'm afraid that we could lose HSG if she does end up at Baylor. I think HSG is the future of the PG position.
TXtoCO
bularry said:

TXtoCO said:

Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

buildabear1 said:

Are you 11?
I'm 11+
Eball
TXtoCO said:

skilledup said:

ScottS said:

All reports are that she will land at Baylor. I hope it doesn't disrupt team chemistry. I'm afraid that we could lose HSG if she does end up at Baylor. I think HSG is the future of the PG position.
Why would we lose HSG? Cooper is one and done and Juicy graduates as well after next season...HSG will likely play a very big role off bench next year and then likely start her last two years for a team that will be competing for a National championship every year?

Not to say she will not beat out Juicy or Cooper next year...I would also think this team knows exactly what is or is not going to happen roster wise for next season.

Are you just flat out speculating or do you have some inside knowledge?
TXtoCO
Eball said:

TXtoCO said:

skilledup said:

ScottS said:

Why would we lose HSG? Cooper is one and done and Juicy graduates as well after next season...HSG will likely play a very big role off bench next year and then likely start her last two years for a team that will be competing for a National championship every year?

Not to say she will not beat out Juicy or Cooper next year...I would also think this team knows exactly what is or is not going to happen roster wise for next season.

Are you just flat out speculating or do you have some inside knowledge?
No inside knowledge. I just know that she moved around a lot as a HS player so I worry that she will do the same in college. I'm sure I'm worrying about nothing.
TXtoCO
ABC BEAR said:

I would like to enter a portal which would fast forward me to her decision so I can quit checking this thread twice a week.
You and me both. Let me know if you find that portal door.
gone to Tickfaw
One reason I've enjoyed following WCBB is that, inasmuch as it's possible, it has remained a high-end, but amateur sport, albeit the players take chartered jets and spend summers in Italy and Christmas in the Bahamas.

But one thing I appreciate is the ability to trek with and develop - albeit distant - a "relationship" over four years with the student athletes, so that they do feel like part of the BU family, etc.

I was thrilled to hear Chloe say, "I will always be a Lady Bear."

Great experience for her.

But the graduate transfer rule - and the other multitude of transfers - are sort of somehow changing the landscape.

If I'm a four or five star recruit - akin to Moon or HSG - and I've paid my freshman and sophomore dues, and a grad transfer like Chloe comes in followed by a Cooper - I would be tempted to transfer. Playing time is key to player development... and both Chloe and Cooper have had that at other programs...
Eball
HSG and Moon both played on a National Championship team though not many ever get to say that. I am not sure if they ready to step away from a championship caliber program just to get playing time for a program that will not be as good.
TXtoCO
fujobear said:

One reason I've enjoyed following WCBB is that, inasmuch as it's possible, it has remained a high-end, but amateur sport, albeit the players take chartered jets and spend summers in Italy and Christmas in the Bahamas.

But one thing I appreciate is the ability to trek with and develop - albeit distant - a "relationship" over four years with the student athletes, so that they do feel like part of the BU family, etc.

I was thrilled to hear Chloe say, "I will always be a Lady Bear."

Great experience for her.

But the graduate transfer rule - and the other multitude of transfers - are sort of somehow changing the landscape.

If I'm a four or five star recruit - akin to Moon or HSG - and I've paid my freshman and sophomore dues, and a grad transfer like Chloe comes in followed by a Cooper - I would be tempted to transfer. Playing time is key to player development... and both Chloe and Cooper have had that at other programs...
I agree. If I have paid my dues sitting on the bench for a year or two, I want to PLAY. You have four short years to play and if you are passed over another year for a grad transfer, then there is a pattern developing. Is a grad transfer going to come in every year? Does the coaching staff think I am not capable of playing at a top level?
Dcheetah
T'ea is currently on the USA roster competing for a spot on the Pan Am games team.
Eball
What do you mean by paying dues ?
Dcheetah
Interesting info from USA Pan Am Trials page
She is listed as a redshirt Jr as a transfer and not a grad transfer. Didn't play 1 yr at Tenn.

Is she a regular or grad transfer and would she have 1 yr or 2? Anyway, here is her team USA bio page.

T'ea Cooper - updated as of 5/15/19

USA Basketball Notes
Announced as a trials participant for the 2019 U.S. Pan American Games Women's Basketball Team on May 2, 2019.
Named to the 2014 USA Women's U17 World Cup Team but had to withdraw due to illness during training camp.
Will be participating in her fourth USA Basketball trials, also having also taken part in the 2015 USA U19 World Cup Team trials, 2014 USA U17 World Cup Team trials and the 2013 USA U16 National Team trials.

College Honors
2019 All-Southeastern Conference second team (coaches).
2016 SEC All-Freshman Team (coaches).
2015-16 SEC Freshman of the Week for Jan. 26.

College Notes
Has not yet decided where she will transfer to for 2019-20 but will be a redshirt junior.
As a sophomore in 2018-19, helped South Carolina to a 23-10 record and the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16.
Led the Gamecocks with 11.9 ppg.
Paced the team in scoring a team-high 12 times.
Scored in double figures 17 times.
Recorded the Gamecocks' only 30-point game of the season.
In 2017-18, did not play due to NCAA transfer rules; redshirted at South Carolina.
In 2016-17, did not play due to injury; redshirted at Tennessee.
As a freshman at Tennessee in 2015-16, helped her team to a 22-14 record and the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight.
Scored in double digits 15 times and had more than 20 points three times.
Led the team in assists and steals on 10 occasions.

High School Notes
Four-year starter who led her team to Georgia 6A state titles in 2012 (33-0), 2014 (29-2) and 2015 (24-6).
Averaged 27.3 ppg., 3.9 rpg., 7.3 apg., 3.5 spg. as a senior in 2014-15.
2015 McDonald's, WBCA, USA TODAY, Parade, MaxPreps All-American; finalist for 2015 Naismith Award; co-MVP of the 2015 McDonald's All-American Game; scored a game-high 21 points in the 2015 Jordan Brand Classic.
2014 and 2015 Georgia Sports Writers Association Miss Basketball; 2014 and 2015 Georgia 6A All-State First Team; 2014 Atlanta Tipoff Club Girls Metro Player of the Year and 2013 All-Metro Second Team.
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Co-Player of the Year and 6A Player of the Year (2015).
2014 and 2015 Marietta Daily Journal Cobb County Player of the Year.
As a junior in 2013-14, averaged 19.6 ppg., 5.0 rpg., 6.0 apg., 5.0 spg. and 1.0 bpg.
As a sophomore in 2012-13, averaged 18.5 ppg., 5.0 apg., 4.3 spg.
As a freshman in 2011-12, averaged 11.2 ppg., 4.7 apg., 3.0 spg.

Personal Notes
Is on Instagram as: iamteacooper
Born in New Jersey.
Majoring in interdisciplinary studies
Parents are Omar and Kindall Cooper.
Has three siblings: Mia and twins Sharife and Omar.
Subject of the MTV reality show "True Life."
Recipient of the Elinor F. Reed Women's Basketball Scholarship Endowment.
Follow at @TeaCooper2 on Twitter and @queentayy2 on Instagram.

College Statistics
YEAR G/S MIN/G FGM-FGA PCT 3PM-3PA PCT FTM-FTA PCT REB/AVG PTS/AVG AST TO BLK STL
2018-19 30/28 677/ 22.6 126-294 .429 28-97 .289 77-101 .762 74/ 2.5 357/ 11.9 66 68 8 32
2017-18 DNP - Red Shirt
2016-17 DNP - Injury
2015-16 36/15 795/ 22.1 117-317 .369 25-96 .260 52-72 .722 68/ 1.9 311/ 8.6 74 97 0 43
Totals 66/43 1472/ 22.3 243-611 .398 53-193 .275 129-173 .746 142/ 2.2 668/ 10.1 140 165 8 75
ABC BEAR
TXtoCO said:

ABC BEAR said:

You and me both. Let me know if you find that portal door.
.....complete with Rod Serling narration.
WIBear
I thought that a while back Cooper had posted on social media that she was graduating from USCe. Does anyone else remember seeing this statement?
buildabear1
Yes, saw it as well
Big Bear
TXtoCO, go to wbbblog.com and go to the 2018-2019 transfer list. It is updated almost every day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.