2020 Recruiting Chart

30,730 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
TXtoCO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:

BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Please let me know any players to add

2020 SAHARA JONES

Fan forum member mimi25408 posted on Jan 5 that Sahara attended the UConn game at the Ferrell Center. Sahara is listed as undeclared on HoopGurlz. Her San Antonio club ball is same organization as NaLyssa Smith & Sammie Wagner. One of my bookmarks shows that she has been offered by Kansas, Texas, Texas A&M & Texas Tech. I have not seen a Top 5 interest release this summer.

TABC 5A All-State in 2019. TABC 4A All-State in 2018.
"Athletic guard drives and attacks the defense, draws contact and earns points at the stripe; mid-range game threat with emerging deep threat; flourishes in transition game with superior back court size. Athletic guard manufactures, delivers off the dribble, brings smooth floor game to the back court; pressures the defense with offensive arsenal that yields results; among the elite guards in the class of 2020." - Evaluation by Dan Olson
Have we shown interest in Jones?
slimecap

Sarah Andrews & Deja Kelly
March 11, 2018
BaylorBearWBBFan
For those interested...Treasure Hunt and Raven Johnson will be taking on Jersey Wolfenbarger:

Wish I would have seen this earlier...Gusters and Andrews just played Sammie Wagner -- unfortunately the games aren't on On-Demand.
BaylorBearWBBFan
Taking Harmoni Turner off the list:
mimi25408
Good pickup for Harvard
Dcheetah
Surprised she didn't go to a higher profile Bball school but good for her. What a marvelous life and educational opportunity. Hope she heals well and makes the most of it!
historian
slimecap said:

BuinmyBlood said:

...and, other than Tennessee, no perennial powers... Not criticizing. Just noting...

I thought the Army West Point logo was interesting. Many career doors would open for Jordyn with a degree from the Academy.
Maybe she has family ties to the Army or is just interested in serving her country. Either way, that is very commendable.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BUbackerinET
It is very difficult for student athletes to GRADUATE from Harvard, I hope she does, but suspect we will hear from her again - just a hunch...
DFW Bill
You are not admitted to Harvard without outstanding academic credentials. They are like Stanford, only the finest get in, even athletes. I say she graduates in four years. A degree from Harvard opens doors world wide.
historian
And yet at Harvard the have two sets of grades: the real ones and the ones that get reported because snowflakes cannot handle failure. As I understand it, this has been reported by notable Harvard professors.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Eball
Harmoni = Harvard. That is awesome! Can't believe some on here downing the kid and the school.

She must be an outstanding young Lady.
slimecap
slimecap said:

Skimming thru my old bookmatks, I came across
2020 Chanielyn "Bebe" Galloway
PF Ball High School in Galveston TX

BaylorBearWBBFan
Revised the chart to include the newly updated ASGR rankings, which are as follows:
#4 Hailey Van Lith
#6 Hannah Gusters
#9 Sarah Andrews
#10 Treasure Hunt
#13 Leilani Kapinus

The fact that we are waiting on four consensus top-15 recruits is going to make it a fun couple of weeks in the near future!
TXtoCO
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Revised the chart to include the newly updated ASGR rankings, which are as follows:
#4 Hailey Van Lith
#6 Hannah Gusters
#9 Sarah Andrews
#10 Treasure Hunt
#13 Leilani Kapinus

The fact that we are waiting on four consensus top-15 recruits is going to make it a fun couple of weeks in the near future!
I disagree on Andrews' ranking. I think she is top 4, ahead of HVL.
TXtoCO
Eball said:

Harmoni = Harvard. That is awesome! Can't believe some on here downing the kid and the school.

She must be an outstanding young Lady.
Why would anyone doubt her ability to graduate from Harvard? Would anyone question that HVL could graduate from Harvard? I'm sure that Harvard would not offer to an unqualified recruit. Good for her!!
BUbackerinET
I agree with the value of the degree, but I know from experience from some I have known that athletes have a much harder time
BUbackerinET
I'm glad for her - for the reasons that degree is as valuable as it is because the academics are very challenging even without competitive/scholarship athletics. I would say the same thing about HVL, and any other student athlete at Harvard
slimecap
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Taking off Priscilla Williams who announced her top-5: Mississippi State, Florida State, Louisville, SMU, and Syracuse.
2020 Priscilla Williams Verbal commit to Syracuse 16 Sept 2019
slimecap
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Leilani Kapinus tore her ACL, so there hasn't been many updates regarding her recruitment, except that Baylor was a part of her top-15. I take it as a sign there has definitely been interest, and perhaps an offer, but until she narrows it down to 5-8 finalists, we won't really know.

19 Sep 2019 Notre Dame coaches visit 2020 Leilani Kapinus
slimecap

09 Sept 2019 Division I offers
Arizona, Arizona State, Auburn, Colorado, DePaul, Florida, Georgia Tech,
Green Bay, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Louisville, LSU, Marquette,
Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State,
Pittsburgh, Purdue, Washington State & Wisconsin.
slimecap

Street & Smith's PREPS 2019-20 Girls' All-America Team

2020 RECRUITING
Treasure Hunt & Hailey Van Lith

Hannah Gusters has already given her verbal commit to Baylor.
gone to Tickfaw
no Sarah Andrews?
TXtoCO
fujobear said:

no Sarah Andrews?
Not "yet."
Dcheetah
Tx insider that follows AAU closely hearing HVL to Baylor soon. Hope he is right!
GarlandBear84
HVL is visiting next weekend, so I hope that's not what he meant.
Dcheetah
No, he said he heard we would soon be picking up a 2020 commit from the west coast.
BUbackerinET
Who else could it be?
BUbackerinET
No HVL EITHER...
Dcheetah
not aware we are recruiting anyone else in the 2020 class from the west coast. esp at guard.
Scout Bear
Dcheetah said:

Tx insider that follows AAU closely hearing HVL to Baylor soon. Hope he is right!
Ahem...
fubar
I think it moved.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
Scout Bear
Yep...
Dcheetah
Yep, you have intimated this for a long time. Was just posting a non-Baylor source was hearing the same thing.
Sent you a PM.
Steely Dan
Would be awesome! She was made to play for CKM!
Eball
OK we are in the stretch run now for 2020...Gusters is one...we lose 4 off roster so 8 returning plus Gusters is 9

We looking at three more Sarah, Van Lith and Treasure...the only other name on the chart is Kapinus...if we hit on all of these it would put us at 13 and likely no need for Grad Transfers...

Any thought on plans if we only hit one or two...are we just going to wait and see what comes up and available in the transfer portal? Do we have any other 2020 kids on the radar maybe foreign that might be headed our way if we miss out on these top three we pursing and Kapinus?

I know we keep our recruiting news close to the vest but you have to think they are pretty confident we getting a minimum of one of the top three if not all three.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.