Sarah Andrews top-5

35,122 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ScottS
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chibears2 said:

Hmm. Same class as Sarah. Very interesting!
Exactly. Word on the street is that Mississippi State only has one more scholarship to give.
BaylorBearWBBFan
slimecap said:

Chibears2 said:

Hmm. Same class as Sarah. Very interesting!
Exactly. Word on the street is that Mississippi State only has one more scholarship to give.
She obviously enjoyed her visit there - but I don't view them as a serious contender they have former 5* PGs who will be a redshirt junior and sophomore when she arrives.

We're closer to home and offer more immediate PT - why not Baylor?
slimecap
Sept 30, 2019

BaylorGrad&Dad
Off topic, but, Miss Slime: Should we expect you for lunch next Friday??
geewago
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

I won't be there this year. I'm at an Indian motorcycle rally in Hot Springs Arkansas. But I will donate my plate and dessert to Scout Bear as I know there's never enough food there for him.
ScottS
#not committed x 3 = we still have a chance!
slimecap
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

Hi BaylorGrad&Dad, Trying to re-schedule a Friday doctor's appointment. Should know by end of today. Wishing you a great Thursday !
DanaDane
Weekly reminder for ScottS and the other worry warts: 100% lock.
ScottS
DanaDane said:

Weekly reminder for ScottS and the other worry warts: 100% lock.

Gracias
slimecap
October 7, 2019

Sarah Andrews stated
"I'll make my decision on Nov. 13, maybe the Wednesday before."

"My relationship with the head coach is important, and being a part of a family is key to my decision. Each team I am visiting needs a point guard, too. So, I want to play early, compete and win at a high level. And I want that coach to make me a better person."

- Dan Olson, contributor to espn
mimi25408
Mississippi out of scholarships so we just got a little closer to Tresure and Sarah
DFW Bill
Mississippi State on their 2019-2020 roster list 14 players and none are Seniors. The NCAA limit is 15. They may have a walk on or two. MSU is still recruiting Kamilla Cardosa, a 6'6" Post, Treasure Hunt and Sarah Andrews.

Madison Hayes and DeYona Gaston both 2020, have also committed to MSU, some players are going to be shown the door prior to the start of next season. Who gets run off?
BaylorBearWBBFan
They are still very willing to take Kamilla Cardoso and Sarah Andrews, but they dropped Hunt (per their 247 mod). Not sure how they'll make it work...
DFW Bill
How do you explain the roster situation to current and prospective players as well as their parents?

It's simple math.
Dcheetah
Hopefully this means she had a great visit. No info I can find other than the original tweet. With a CKM recruit, no news often means good news!
mimi25408
Lol hopefully that stands true. Does anybody know when van lith is coming. I'm hearing she will visit Orgeon and then BU will be her last visit. I hope this is true so we can have the last standing impact. ESPN is predicting Van Lith to Lousiville and Andrew's to Baylor.
Dcheetah
Raoul's Wbb blog has HVL to Oregon 1st then Baylor last. Surprised she is visiting Oregon with all their young guards although that just shows she is a very confident young lady. Maybe she will come in Halloween weekend with Sarah?

Has Gusters taken her official visit? If not, I bet she comes in with Sarah! Do we want all 3 on the same weekend?

Sarah has Louisville next wknd Oct 18 and Baylor Oct 31.

Treasure has Kentucky this wknd Oct 11th and Miss. State Oct 18th. Miss State still wanting the big center Cardoso and mentioned above they may have dropped off her so not sure that visit will happen.

Lets finish:
Sarah
HVL
Treasure

mimi25408
I would love for all of the to commit to Bu but likely won't happend. I Forsure want Treasure or Van Lith. I will be hurt if we cant pull either one.
Dcheetah
are you counting Sarah?
Also, is Treasure a 2 or a 3?
DFW Bill
Good question, I think she could play both, but my be a great matchup at 2. All depends on what Kim thinks.
mimi25408
Not counting Sarah because it easier to recruit in state
Dcheetah
thank you
ScottS
Dcheetah
Pretty sure she is at Louisville this weekend and here for the Halloween game.
DanaDane
Weekly reminder for Scott S and all the other worry warts: 100% lock on this one.
slimecap
"University of Louisville coach Jeff Walz and his staff have a busy weekend on tap. The Cardinals will be hosting three official visitors on campus, including U of L commitments Olivia Cochran and Ahlana Smith, and a pair of younger prospects for unofficial visits.

Cochran, JUCO standout Smith, and top-10 guard Sarah Andrews will begin their official visits today.

The trio will be on campus at U of L through Sunday.

- Jody Demling, Louisville Cardomal Authority, 18 Oct 2019
Jacques Strap
I really hope Sarah is a Bear when all is said and done.
ScottS
ScottS
TXtoCO
I know most of the chatter here has been about HVL, but I still think that Andrews is the best guard in the class and will be devastated if she goes elsewhere. I truly think she is the key to a NC down the road. She reminds me so much of Sims.
Chibears2
I hope she can feel the love from theBU faithful! I think she would be the turbo booster in an otherwise smooth running engine.
Eball
TXtoCO said:

I know most of the chatter here has been about HVL, but I still think that Andrews is the best guard in the class and will be devastated if she goes elsewhere. I truly think she is the key to a NC down the road. She reminds me so much of Sims.
You worry sometimes how things are perceived...my perception is we absolutely are getting one or the other and several have stated that SA is a lock so perhaps the over interest in HVL is because she is more iffy and she is out of State a long way away. I think there are a few of us that want to see us win a National recruiting war for her and forget that just because SA is right up the road she is just as highly thought of if not more than HVL. I want them both but would not be surprised if we missed on HVL...I would be shocked if we missed on SA. This is based on what others have posted. I think they would be dynamite together....
57Bear
Eball said:

You worry sometimes how things are perceived...my perception is we absolutely are getting one or the other and several have stated that SA is a lock so perhaps the over interest in HVL is because she is more iffy and she is out of State a long way away. I think there are a few of us that want to see us win a National recruiting war for her and forget that just because SA is right up the road she is just as highly thought of if not more than HVL. I want them both but would not be surprised if we missed on HVL...I would be shocked if we missed on SA. This is based on what others have posted. I think they would be dynamite together....
My concern about HVL comes from watching the video showing her daily practices with her father. Although I am partial to the Lady Bears and think that CMR would be the best choice for HVL considering her stated WBB objectives, I am a little concerned about the distance from her father in particular. I don't think that HVL's decision will be an easy one.
ScottS
TXtoCO
57Bear said:

Eball said:

My concern about HVL comes from watching the video showing her daily practices with her father. Although I am partial to the Lady Bears and think that CMR would be the best choice for HVL considering her stated WBB objectives, I am a little concerned about the distance from her father in particular. I don't think that HVL's decision will be an easy one.

Good point. But I suspect that many top recruits have similar relationships with their fathers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.