Lady Bears vs. OSU Game Thread

7,141 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Eball
StatMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
56-42 Baylor Lady Bears lead with 8:20 to play in the 4th Quarter.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
82-79

Tech ball, 21.3 to go

Smith ft good, 55-42, 2nd good, 56-42
StatMan
Queen Egbo with the 1st Lady Bears basket of the 4th Quarter.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Queen with a great layup running the court

58-42

Smith reverse

60-42

OSU timeout
StatMan
N. Smith adds a basket. Timeout Oklahoma State. Lady Bears 60, Cowgirls 42 with 7:27 to play in the 4th Quarter.
whitetrash
Brian Ethridge said:

Tech 79
KSU 80

23.2 to go, KSU ball

KSt gets their second win 86-79
StatMan
24-point for the Lady Bears with 66-42 and 6:02 to play in this Big XII WBB game.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
62-42 on a Queen bunny

64-42 on a Moon layup after she tipped a ball away
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Smith alley oop

66-42
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Smith fouled fighting for position
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Egbo short on a 10 footer

Queen playing her best game against this level of competition
StatMan
Double-double for D. Carrington with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
OSU jumper

66-44

Queen fouled on the attempt and it rolls off the rim

Media timeout
StatMan
11 assists for D. Richards.
Baylorkid
Is it time to clear the bench? C'mon mulkey we need to give our starters rest before the post season
StatMan
Baylor is currently +14 in team rebounds.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Queen makes 1st 67-44, makes 2nd 68-44
StatMan
The Baylor Lady Bears will move a little closer to their 10th consecutive Big XII regular season basketball title.
whitetrash
Baylorkid said:

Is it time to clear the bench? C'mon mulkey we need to give our starters rest before the post season

You're getting your wish.
StatMan
Nice ovation as the Lady Bears starters go to the bench for the remainder of the basketball game.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
OSU brick and offensive board putback

68-46

Bench emptied at 4:25

Queen one board shy of a double double

Gusters misses

OSU misses, gets board, misses, drives, Bickle called for a foul

68-47

Owens at PG

Illegal screen on Lady Bears

Gusters with great defense on Mack

Owens misses

Andrews steal and Bickle layup

70-47
BUbackerinET
Phantom foul on Andrews, clean swipe-not sure how an official can make that call from behind Andrews
Brian Ethridge
Staff
JO blocked

2:16 to go

Owens leads JO too far on a fast break

Bickle misses a 3

OSU 3

70-50

46.2 to go

StatMan
Baylor Lady Bears 70, Oklahoma State Cowgirls 51-FINAL
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Andrews has a layup roll off the rim

70-51

Final
StatMan
10-game winning streak now for the Baylor Lady Bears. Baylor WBB is18-2 overall. They are 13-1 in Big XII Conference play.
Baylorkid
This is why Jaden Owens is not playing more minutes! I wish she would get more consistent minutes so she can work out her kinks but yeah this is why she's not getting minutes! She's off
whitetrash
Two 19 point wins over OkSt.
Eball
11 assists 1 turnover!
BuinmyBlood
Great night overall for the Lady Bears with the very important win, and WVU losing, giving us a 2-1/2 game lead over the Mountaineers in the title race...
StatMan
I misspoke earlier. The Baylor Lady Bears are getting closer to their 11th consecutive Big XII WBB regular season title.
hitmanmw
Adriacus Peratuun said:

How can anyone watch this offense and be happy with the design and Didi playing PG.

This nonsense is hideous.
I have to say I've never seen anything quite like the game. Leading 16-2 with 3:49 left in Q1, we proceed to play the worst 8 minutes of basketball I've ever seen. Down 19-18 after about 3 horrible turnovers, I had to turn it off. I went down to check my phone for the final score since it was 9:30, fully expecting us to lose the game. We end up winning by 20. Turns out, right after it was 21-20, we just blew them out. Unreal.

As AP said, it was indeed hideous for a long stretch there. The starting 5 is just too stagnant. The offense starts popping when Carrington comes in. It's that simple. Are we ready for Sarah at the point???
Polarbear
Go and watch the post game press conference, with Mulkey, Didi, and Dijonai. If you're sometimes frustrated with this team, that press conference is the perfect antidote. Didi and Dijonai are so poised, so mature, so comfortable and good in front of the camera. They keep a lighthearted tone, all teasing each other about poor plays and mistakes, but clearly with respect and love. It's everything great about the bond of teammates and coaches in team sports. This 2021 version is a great team, with serious flaws, but man is it easy to cheer for and love them.
Adriacus Peratuun
Eball said:

11 assists 1 turnover!
The team shot 43.9% for the game. Take away the transition buckets and it was 32%. Only 16 non-transition buckets made the entire game. Four per quarter.

That is terrible offense.

ISO for Smith, ISO for Egbo, run curls for Ursin, run Carrington off of the double screen. Didi isn't creating opportunities, she is passing on set plays or feeding a post in ISO.

whitetrash
hitmanmw said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

How can anyone watch this offense and be happy with the design and Didi playing PG.

This nonsense is hideous.
I have to say I've never seen anything quite like the game. Leading 16-2 with 3:49 left in Q1, we proceed to play the worst 8 minutes of basketball I've ever seen. Down 19-18 after about 3 horrible turnovers, I had to turn it off. I went down to check my phone for the final score since it was 9:30, fully expecting us to lose the game. We end up winning by 20. Turns out, right after it was 21-20, we just blew them out. Unreal.

As AP said, it was indeed hideous for a long stretch there. The starting 5 is just too stagnant. The offense starts popping when Carrington comes in. It's that simple. Are we ready for Sarah at the point???
KM took the blame for the lapse. Said she deviated from her usual pattern and substituted 3 at once when we went up 16-2 instead of one at a time, and the new lineup didn't gel right away (Carrington was a big part of the slump). But she pulled DC for a few minutes, and when she went back in did much better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.