When will new asst coaches be announced?

36,431 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BUatbirth
74Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zunooreo said:

If 2 Star would stop micro-managing and requiring that he make the decision on everything athletics, perhaps CNC could get her staff together and start building something. 2 Star IS the problem peeps......

#FireMackRhoades

Sic'em

Unfortunately, it appears you are correct.
ScottS
zunooreo said:

If 2 Star would stop micro-managing and requiring that he make the decision on everything athletics, perhaps CNC could get her staff together and start building something. 2 Star IS the problem peeps......

#FireMackRhoades

Sic'em

Are u saying he is like Jerry Jones?
TxRainMkr
Larry Fedora says Hey to rushing with assistant coach hires.
slimecap
74Bear said:

zunooreo said:

If 2 Star would stop micro-managing
and requiring that he make the decision on everything athletics
Perhaps one asst candidate is a road less traveled ...
Recently became available ...
Interesting resume that draws offers other than BU
BUatbirth
slimecap said:

74Bear said:

zunooreo said:

If memory serves...MR said that CNC wanted to have staff by Friday, "maybe a day or two longer". We are in the "day or two longer".
blackie
BUatbirth said:

slimecap said:

74Bear said:

zunooreo said:

If memory serves...MR said that CNC wanted to have staff by Friday, "maybe a day or two longer". We are in the "day or two longer".
I think someone suggested that some coaches have clauses in their contract to encourage them to stay until a certain time. End of the month, especially May would make sense. That would mean they needed to stay through May 31. They probably wouldn't want to submit a resignation prior to that date. I know nothing, but not being able to do anything until after May 31 would make sense in this scenario.
BaylorRocks
blackie said:

BUatbirth said:

slimecap said:

74Bear said:

zunooreo said:

I think someone suggested that some coaches have clauses in their contract to encourage them to stay until a certain time. End of the month, especially May would make sense. That would mean they needed to stay through May 31. They probably wouldn't want to submit a resignation prior to that date. I know nothing, but not being able to do anything until after May 31 would make sense in this scenario.
I think someone suggested that 2 Star needs to quit being such a micro-manager and having to have his hands in every hire.

He ran Univ of Houston athletics into the ditch, then Missouri athletics and practically every fan and booster held the door open for him when he left for Baylor after only 18 months on the job, and now Baylor.

#Fire2Star
slimecap
Dcheetah said:

Chelsea Lyles might be one to watch for recruiting - at FGCU.
She was recruiting coordinator for FGCU for 5 yrs and knows Florida and the South.
No inside info but she is followed by CNC and TC - maybe just for their old coaching days.
slimecap

Looking up Pete-ism
Oldgrizzly
I thought by now we would have a coaching staff developed. Now I am getting concerned.
blackie
slimecap said:

Looking up Pete-ism
?????
blueeyedbear
Oldgrizzly said:

I thought by now we would have a coaching staff developed. Now I am getting concerned.
I bet you stand in front of the microwave yelling HURRY UP
PartyBear
To those arguing we were waiting for the current assistants contacts to end May 31st, where are the announcements. It would seem if that was the case yesterday and today would be full of announcements of new women's hoops staff.
allstate2000
slimecap said:

BUatbirth said:

CNC has one assistant coach and the two assistant ADs on staff. What hires are we waiting on? I kinda don't think CNCs staff will be as large as previous...right?
2 assistant coaches.
In a 21 May 2021 Fox 44 News interview
CNC stated that the timeline for announcement should be "Midweek next week."
Other support staff positions have also not been named.

Two weeks later - has anyone else been named?
allstate2000
Caddywampus said:

BaylorBearWBBFan said:

I saw it reported that her next hire is from the high school ranks. No idea who it is.
Mack shared recently that Collen is talking to both High school and AAU coaches. She should have some new hires announced in the next few days.

10 days later?
ScottS
Update?
slimecap
blackie said:

slimecap said:

Looking up Pete-ism
?????

Link
12:24a, 5/24/21
slimecap
Waiver granted to allow basketball instruction
by non-coaching staff members this summer

June 3, 2021

"The Division I Council Coordination Committee on Wednesday approved a waiver that will allow two non-coaching staff members in basketball to conduct instructional, on-court activities during the eight-week summer access period. No more than four coaches and noncoaching staff members combined can participate in these activities at any time.

This action also allows the noncoaching staff members to participate in skill-instruction activities as practice players.

The change will be effective starting June 4 and applies to the 2021 summer access period only. The committee supported the changes due to the increased need for countable coaches to be recruiting after a dead period that lasted more than a year and the likely larger number of new players on teams for 2021-22 because of the change in transfer rules."

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/waiver-granted-allow-basketball-instruction-non-coaching-staff-members-summer
TxRainMkr
Hello Sophia Young
Brian Ethridge
Staff
They'll happen when they happen.
Oldgrizzly
I think it is time to put this thread to rest.
Bone Squad
Is the staff complete at this point, or are there other positions Coach Collen is looking to fill?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Bone Squad said:

Is the staff complete at this point, or are there other positions Coach Collen is looking to fill?

Others are coming
Dcheetah
slimecap
Brian Ethridge said:

Bone Squad said:

Others are coming
Keeping my fingers crossed
that the 3rd assistant coach selected
will have extensive WBB international recruiting experience

Adriacus Peratuun
slimecap said:

Keeping my fingers crossed
that the 3rd assistant coach selected
will have extensive international recruiting experience

Xavier Lopez would be a Home Run hire [both from an international recruiting & an X's/O's perspective].
Lynnp550
Collen
SSadler
Got it. I"ve spelled it both ways about every other time. My bad.
Wbbfan29
Wondering who she will select for associate head coach.
slimecap
Wbbfan29 said:

Wondering who she will select for associate head coach.
Jul 11 Last Date for WNBA Games before Olympic Break
Jul 15-Aug 11 Olympic Break
Aug 15 Second Half WNBA Schedule Begins

WNBA Olympic Break is only 2-1/2 weeks away.
Wondering if CNC will make 3rd assistant announcement at that time.
BUatbirth
The last I heard was one more assistant coach to be hired.
Wondering what the hold up is. Can't find the right fit, or one open to the job? Gonna go with the staff as is? Have someone but waiting for some reason, WNBA break, end of NBA season?
Target hire is on the fence, still in talks?
When I saw Jackie Stiles leaving Tulsa after such a short time it made me wonder. However, still crickets.
sicem45
Oldgrizzly said:

Just have one more hire to make.

Meanwhile, Kim only has one hired person in two months since being hired and Rice may be receiving a demotion as well potentially.
IowaBear
Congratulations on your 509th post claiming Mulkey hasn't made a single hire. Yet she took her entire staff minus Brock with her to LSU
sicem45
Im just stating the facts. People here are freaking out over Nicki not hiring everyone yet, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

I just want Nicki to get correct staff in place. It will be critical for her moving forward. We have already seen what questionable staff hire can do to recruiting.
MJ Bear
IowaBear said:

Congratulations on your 509th post claiming Mulkey hasn't made a single hire. Yet she took her entire staff minus Brock with her to LSU

Minus Brock (hall of fame coach in his own right), minus Jeremy Hefner (award winning strength coach), minus Alex Olsen (WBB trainer for the past 20 years), minus Mackenzie Fuller. Fixed it for you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.