Trinity Oliver in the portal?

32,195 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SATXBear
SATXBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScottS said:

SATXBear said:

Greenbear said:

What a difficult thread to read. Most of you need to find an LSU forum to follow Kim.

We have a new coach, with new schemes that will seek different kind of recruits than Kim did. Some of these young ladies are smart to transfer. They know it. Who cares where they go? That is their choice. All I care about is who is coming to Baylor.

The obsession with Kim is unbelievable. She's gone...
I was encouraged by Eball to peek my head over on this site. Interesting takes.

I have all the respect in the world for Mulkey and love her style, but y'all do realize that Mulkey flat out quit on Baylor? That is the truth.

I find it bizarre that some are looking for every little angle to criticize our university, AD, and new coach for changes in our program they do not like. I guess it is part of the grief process.

Who criiticized the new coach?

Read the thread. Some are saying that players are leaving because she is not a top choice. Give me a break.
TexasScientist
SATXBear said:

ScottS said:

SATXBear said:

Greenbear said:

What a difficult thread to read. Most of you need to find an LSU forum to follow Kim.

We have a new coach, with new schemes that will seek different kind of recruits than Kim did. Some of these young ladies are smart to transfer. They know it. Who cares where they go? That is their choice. All I care about is who is coming to Baylor.

I have all the respect in the world for Mulkey and love her style, but y'all do realize that Mulkey flat out quit on Baylor? That is the truth.

I find it bizarre that some are looking for every little angle to criticize our university, AD, and new coach for changes in our program they do not like. I guess it is part of the grief process.

Read the thread. Some are saying that players are leaving because she is not a top choice. Give me a break.
So, why do you think they are leaving?
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
IowaBear
But yet you ignore the stone throwing of Kim? GIVE ME A BREAK. You fit right in with the other premium members who wander here for a day or 2.
Bone Squad
I've been a heart-on-my-sleeve enthusiastic Baylor fan for over two decades now. And as much as I love to be a Bear and to keep going to all the sporting events I can (and watching a great deal more on television), the fact that the administration has made mind-numbing and sometimes downright infuriating decisions over the years is inescapable to me.

So to respond to all the "wow, you Kim worshippers look for any possible angle to criticize the administration," I ask the opposite question. Why are so many of you so completely sure that the administration, the BOR, the President, and the AD are incapable of any wrongdoing or fault? What have you seen that makes them untouchable from any criticism?
BUatbirth
IowaBear said:

But yet you ignore the stone throwing of Kim? GIVE ME A BREAK. You fit right in with the other premium members who wander here for a day or 2.
I'm sick of this "premium" crap. I found myself following the the SicEm365 'free side', found it informative, eventually posting. I am one who feels if I'm using a service, if you will, then I should help support it. SicEm365 is not a non-profit...this site isn't cheap to operate, so much good content on all things Baylor athletics. You and the like, seem to be making this some type of class warfare. I believe in paying my way. If you don't, then so be it.
IowaBear
Actually if you read other posts you would find I truly have nothing against premium posters. Nor am I making this some kind of "class" war especially over a whopping 13 $$. I'll say it one more time because apparently you can't read. I take issue with those on the premium side coming over here just to take time to throw stones at Kim. And yes most doing that are premium members and a few non premium clowns sprinkled in. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you
Bone Squad
No one is against anyone for being a premium member. And the criticism IowaBear and others have raised is definitely not directed at you. You've been posting here and obviously following the Lady Bears for a long time.

What is frustrating is the influx of folks who have never seen fit to discuss the Lady Bears suddenly coming in to do a drive-by sniping directed at the long-time coach, the program, and its fans, then returning to whatever it was that they usually do here (whether it be the premium side, or primarily football, or what have you).

There are many premium members, such as yourself, who regularly post here, and should definitely continue to do so. But for certain others in the last few weeks, the sudden "interest" has the appearance of insincerity, and it's being met with skepticism. Perhaps some of those will stick around and prove that's not the case, but I suspect that will be a minority. That's all.
BUatbirth
IowaBear said:

Actually if you read other posts you would find I truly have nothing against premium posters. Nor am I making this some kind of "class" war especially over a whopping 13 $$. I'll say it one more time because apparently you can't read. I take issue with those on the premium side coming over here just to take time to throw stones at Kim. And yes most doing that are premium members and a few non premium clowns sprinkled in. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you
I'd be surprised if there is a single thread that doesn't contain a rant about "premium posters". If you can't admit that, then who's blind? Since the coaching fiasco, so many stones have been in the air that a drop of rain couldn't get through...from those with a 'P' by their 'names' and without. Without a doubt, most from 'names' I have never seen before...again, premium and not. They will all go and play with other toys as the volume surrounding the circumstances of BU WBB begins to fade. I'll also stand by my being a member to support a platform I use and enjoy. After all, it is only "a whopping 13 $$".
IowaBear
Like I've stated many times I don't have anything against premium members it's their money and if they want to use it gain inside knowledge then I can respect that.
IowaBear
You're acting as though myself and others are targeting those with a P. That's just simply inaccurate. I've stood up to those with a P coming here bashing Kim with idiotic posts then leaving. I've done the same with new users as well. It's not like I'm discriminating against premium posters.
SATXBear
TexasScientist said:

SATXBear said:

ScottS said:

SATXBear said:

Greenbear said:

Not because we have a bad coach. It is because changes are going on and Mulkey left. Also the portal. Unfair to throw it on the coach.
SATXBear
IowaBear said:

Why am I bad? Because I really like Mulkey, but I face the reality she dumped us?
BUatbirth
IowaBear said:

You're acting as though myself and others are targeting those with a P. That's just simply inaccurate. I've stood up to those with a P coming here bashing Kim with idiotic posts then leaving. I've done the same with new users as well. It's not like I'm discriminating against premium posters.
I stepped away for a moment, to do something productive, and considered my original post responding to yours.
I had logged in to see if there were any updates on the WBB front. I just go to where there is a new post since last I looked. Your post was the first one I read. It referenced "premium posters", and I responded. I'm personally burned out, way out, on all the he said, she said. Most everyone has firmly planted their flag on their hill. Each plans to die on their hill...no minds will be changed. I see "premium posters" as just another rock being thrown. My post was meant to be direct at that and not your use of it specifically...and that was not clear. I'm just ready for us all to move on.
SATXBear
Bone Squad said:

I've been a heart-on-my-sleeve enthusiastic Baylor fan for over two decades now. And as much as I love to be a Bear and to keep going to all the sporting events I can (and watching a great deal more on television), the fact that the administration has made mind-numbing and sometimes downright infuriating decisions over the years is inescapable to me.

So to respond to all the "wow, you Kim worshippers look for any possible angle to criticize the administration," I ask the opposite question. Why are so many of you so completely sure that the administration, the BOR, the President, and the AD are incapable of any wrongdoing or fault? What have you seen that makes them untouchable from any criticism?

No doubts there are mistakes by admin, so criticism goes both ways. I am just willing to accept that Mulkey no longer wanted to be a part of the Baylor mission for better or for worse. I see no stones in that thought. All we can be is fans of Baylor. Next coach up.
TexasScientist
SATXBear said:

TexasScientist said:

SATXBear said:

ScottS said:

SATXBear said:

Greenbear said:

Not because we have a bad coach. It is because changes are going on and Mulkey left. Also the portal. Unfair to throw it in the coach.
I'm not necessarilty saying she is a bad coach. I don't think we really know enough about her coaching and recruiting skills. I do think she should consider involving her husband, given his fairly successful career.

But obviously, CKM's departure is the reason. It's not likely they would be leaving if CKM were still here. It is also obvious that CNC didn't convince them she could continue the program at the same performance level as CKM.
mcleod66
TexasScientist said:

SATXBear said:

TexasScientist said:

SATXBear said:

ScottS said:

SATXBear said:

Greenbear said:

Not because we have a bad coach. It is because changes are going on and Mulkey left. Also the portal. Unfair to throw it in the coach.
I'm not necessarilty saying she is a bad coach. I don't think we really know enough about her coaching and recruiting skills. I do think she should consider involving her husband, given his fairly successful career.

But obviously, CKM's departure is the reason. It's not likely they would be leaving if CKM were still here. It is also obvious that CNC didn't convince them she could continue the program at the same performance level as CKM.
It is NOT "obvious" that CNC didn't convince them she could continue the program at the same performance level as CKM. Nobody knows what the myriad of reasons the players used to influence their decision to leave. You aren't the players OR the coach, and you were not in on the conversations they had w/CNC.
IowaBear
I think we're all ready to move on to be honest. I'm ready to see what CNC can do.
BBWCBear
I would just like to wind up the coaching staff. The Portal date is coming and I would feel better with all the "moving parts" in place. Unless the two coaches are it as for as the staff. ????
BUatbirth
IowaBear said:

I think we're all ready to move on to be honest. I'm ready to see what CNC can do.
Amen! Staff needs to be hired...roster posted...and get busy. Looking ahead
Malbec
BUatbirth said:

IowaBear said:

I'm sick of this "premium" crap. I found myself following the the SicEm365 'free side', found it informative, eventually posting. I am one who feels if I'm using a service, if you will, then I should help support it. SicEm365 is not a non-profit...this site isn't cheap to operate, so much good content on all things Baylor athletics. You and the like, seem to be making this some type of class warfare. I believe in paying my way. If you don't, then so be it.
Hold up stretch... Just because someone can put 2 and 2 together on a bunch of hit-and-run posting, doesn't mean they are stooping to the same level as a significant segment of a club that likes to refer to the free forums as "the poors" on a frequent basis. What nonsense.

IowaBear, you are owed an apology.
SATXBear
Malbec said:

BUatbirth said:

IowaBear said:

Hold up stretch... Just because someone can put 2 and 2 together on a bunch of hit-and-run posting, doesn't mean they are stooping to the same level as a significant segment of a club that likes to refer to the free forums as "the poors" on a frequent basis. What nonsense.

I came over here to see what further info y'all might have about what the current WBB players are doing that the mods on the premium site are not offering. Naturally after reading the thread I voiced my opinion. The way it is.
Malbec
SATXBear said:

Malbec said:

BUatbirth said:

IowaBear said:

I came over here to see what further info y'all might have about what the current WBB players are doing that the mods on the premium site are not offering. Naturally after reading the thread I voiced my opinion. The way it is.
Why would you think that post was directed to you?
IowaBear
Just to be clear I do not group all premium posters together. They're are several very knowledgeable ones who come here to have good convo and spread news is on this side don't see. But like it was mentioned above there's also a group who come here for questionable motions I'll just say that.
TexasScientist
mcleod66 said:

TexasScientist said:

SATXBear said:

TexasScientist said:

SATXBear said:

ScottS said:

SATXBear said:

Greenbear said:

It is NOT "obvious" that CNC didn't convince them she could continue the program at the same performance level as CKM. Nobody knows what the myriad of reasons the players used to influence their decision to leave. You aren't the players OR the coach, and you were not in on the conversations they had w/CNC.
Unless they were already going to leave, you would assume they were happy with CKM's program. If CNC convinced them, that the same level of success would continue in her program, why would they want to leave where they are already settled in? CNC didn't retain them, so already she has an demerit on her resume at Baylor. Hopefully she can overcome that. I guess you could believe CNC didn't like their skills/athleticism, and she told them their opportunity to play in her program was limited and encouraged them to move on, but I doubt that.
SATXBear
Malbec said:

SATXBear said:

Malbec said:

BUatbirth said:

IowaBear said:

Why would you think that post was directed to you?

Did not. Just posting because my thought was a natural flow.
Eball
I am a Premium man but I really enjoy this women's board...as evidenced from my posting...I worry that WBB gets lost on the Sicem 365 main site where everything is talked about but of course Football tends to dominate...I appreciate Slimecap who will double post most of the time on WBB and Sicem 365 just to make sure this WBB stays active....There are a bunch of us who started our free who became slaves to premium but this is still one of my favorite forums...I used to post on the free football and Men's basketball but as a lot of posters migrated to sicem 365 those forums became just disaster areas...I am happy that WBB still attracts a good cross section of posters....

With that said...there have been a lot of drive by posters who never show up here who did take shots at Kim and being the lawyer cynic that I am at times it just seemed coincidental that we lose Kim and these folks show up to tell us we have not really lost much...it just seemed like a concerted effort to trash Kim and make us all believe that somehow this was a good thing?

I will take my tin foil hat off now and eat dinner...It's Friday! but I have to pick a jury Monday!
BUatbirth
Malbec said:

BUatbirth said:

IowaBear said:

You obviously didn't read all posts between IowaBear and myself on this topic. Go back and educate yourself.
Bear2019
Eball said:

I am a Premium man but I really enjoy this women's board...as evidenced from my posting...I worry that WBB gets lost on the Sicem 365 main site where everything is talked about but of course Football tends to dominate...I appreciate Slimecap who will double post most of the time on WBB and Sicem 365 just to make sure this WBB stays active....There are a bunch of us who started our free who became slaves to premium but this is still one of my favorite forums...I used to post on the free football and Men's basketball but as a lot of posters migrated to sicem 365 those forums became just disaster areas...I am happy that WBB still attracts a good cross section of posters....

With that said...there have been a lot of drive by posters who never show up here who did take shots at Kim and being the lawyer cynic that I am at times it just seemed coincidental that we lose Kim and these folks show up to tell us we have not really lost much...it just seemed like a concerted effort to trash Kim and make us all believe that somehow this was a good thing?

I will take my tin foil hat off now and eat dinner...It's Friday! but I have to pick a jury Monday!
Not sure why football dominates anywhere on this message board. That's hopeless. It's going to be Top Ramen and tap water for a long time around here in that sport. With no salt. I'm sticking with Acrobatics and Tumbling to hang on to my bragging fix. And Drew's boys...until somebody we all know blows that to pieces.
ScottS
Question...do you think the Rhoades family will have Thanksgiving dinner with the Mulkey family?
Malbec
BUatbirth said:

Malbec said:

BUatbirth said:

IowaBear said:

You obviously didn't read all posts between IowaBear and myself on this topic. Go back and educate yourself.
Oh I read your explanation, and considered editing my post to acknowledge it. In the end, there was just something missing from your post; the words "I'm sorry." You obviously knew you had crossed a line that it caused you to follow up; you just couldn't bring yourself to actually say the words.
Greenbear
FYI - I am no longer a premium member. For me, it has been taken over by a radical, extreme, out of touch with the Baylor I love fanbase now. I found them offensive and left. How ironic because that is how I felt about the freeboard when I became a premium member. The challenge to me with the free board are trolls and pretenders. They are mainly people with few comments who love to drop bombs (like articles or quotes that damage Baylor's reputation) on the site. It's free, they can and they do.

When Rhule started there was many people who said he inherited a lot of talent. He wins 1 game the the fan base goes nuts. 2 years later, he wins 11 games. Change is never easy. We were never going to keep this team together without Kim. This train stopped at the station and people were getting off when Kim left. We can always hope that players love the opportunity at Baylor, on and off the field/court, more than their coach, but that doesn't always happen.

It is a new day, new schemes, new eye for talent. Trying to keep this going in the same direction is fruitless. We will have a new coach, a new personality and we may go through a year or two frustrating years, but I believe, like Kim, that this change was necessary. Now we need to live through it and, while we appreciate all that Kim did, move into the future.
BUatbirth
Malbec said:

BUatbirth said:

Malbec said:

BUatbirth said:

IowaBear said:

Oh I read your explanation, and considered editing my post to acknowledge it. In the end, there was just something missing from your post; the words "I'm sorry." You obviously knew you had crossed a line that it caused you to follow up; you just couldn't bring yourself to actually say the words.
Oh, you "considered" editing your ill informed post...but you didn't. You hadn't read all the posts. I called you out to do it. And now..."considered editing my post to acknowledge it". Oh my...I didn't see "I'm sorry". Spare me your moral authority...stretch.
Malbec
Well, there ya go. All the best to you.
BUatbirth
Malbec said:

Well, there ya go. All the best to you.
You also
sicem45
IowaBear said:

How can any of this be true?! Sicem45 assured us all Kim was struggling mightily just to fill out her coaching staff!
Its been 1 month since she was hired and has not announced ONE hire. Meanwhile Nicki Collen has already announced some of her staffing and is publicly already hitting the road recruiting while Kim sits on her thumbs in Waco, watching her bank account increase before moving to Baton Rouge in two months.

Those are the facts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.