Trinity Oliver in the portal?

31,913 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SATXBear
BBWCBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sicem45 said:

IowaBear said:

How can any of this be true?! Sicem45 assured us all Kim was struggling mightily just to fill out her coaching staff!
Its been 1 month since she was hired and has not announced ONE hire. Meanwhile Nicki Collen has already announced some of her staffing and is publicly already hitting the road recruiting while Kim sits on her thumbs in Waco, watching her bank account increase before moving to Baton Rouge in two months.

Those are the facts.
Uhhh, I think it's been stated that Mulkey took her STAFF with her with the exception of Brock who supposedly retired. If that's the case, she has all the parts in place for recruiting, etc. She can remain in Waco getting her affairs in order and move. Her STAFF does the lions share of the work. Quite different from CNC who has to start from scratch, so to speak. I think both Mulkey and CNC know how and what they're doing.
TexasScientist
BBWCBear said:

sicem45 said:

IowaBear said:

How can any of this be true?! Sicem45 assured us all Kim was struggling mightily just to fill out her coaching staff!
Its been 1 month since she was hired and has not announced ONE hire. Meanwhile Nicki Collen has already announced some of her staffing and is publicly already hitting the road recruiting while Kim sits on her thumbs in Waco, watching her bank account increase before moving to Baton Rouge in two months.

Those are the facts.
Uhhh, I think it's been stated that Mulkey took her STAFF with her with the exception of Brock who supposedly retired. If that's the case, she has all the parts in place for recruiting, etc. She can remain in Waco getting her affairs in order and move. Her STAFF does the lions share of the work. Quite different from CNC who has to start from scratch, so to speak. I think both Mulkey and CNC know how and what they're doing.
If you listen to CKM's interview on the LSU network, she plainly states that she and her staff are in Waco busy trying wind up their lives in Waco and to keep up with recruiting from Waco. It's clear she took her whole staff to LSU, except Brock and the strength coach, who didn't want to move his kids since CNC offered to keep him on staff.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
Baylorkid
So maybe she isn't in the portal?
Bone Squad
Being in the portal or not is a verifiable fact, so I would not interpret it that way. Assuming she means anything related to basketball at all, I would think this just means no one but her knows where she plans to go. And that could well be Baylor, since it's possible to withdraw from the portal, but I doubt that's what happens.
BaylorRocks
Baylorkid said:

So maybe she isn't in the portal?

Actually....it is funnier because people don't really care what your "next move" is.

Sic'em
IowaBear
Why are you always such an ass? Good grief
Lion82
Bone Squad said:

I've been a heart-on-my-sleeve enthusiastic Baylor fan for over two decades now. And as much as I love to be a Bear and to keep going to all the sporting events I can (and watching a great deal more on television), the fact that the administration has made mind-numbing and sometimes downright infuriating decisions over the years is inescapable to me.

So to respond to all the "wow, you Kim worshippers look for any possible angle to criticize the administration," I ask the opposite question. Why are so many of you so completely sure that the administration, the BOR, the President, and the AD are incapable of any wrongdoing or fault? What have you seen that makes them untouchable from any criticism?

I completely 100% agree with this.
sicem45
Kim is struggling on the recruiting trail already. Offering unranked prospects

DFW Bill
IowaBear
Just like she's "struggling to fill her staff" even though she took her entire staff with her. I've never met a poster more full of **** then you sicem45. It's like you throw **** at a wall and hope it sticks
sicem45
She only had to make 1 hire and its been over a month and still hasn't done it. She may recruit well at LSU but thats an underwhelming first prep recruit.
Bear2019
A little back story....Alisa's mother, Lisa Williams, is the Head Women's Basketball Coach at Braswell. Stay tuned.
slimecap
sicem45 said:

Aug 5, 2020 Alisa WIlliams makes a verbal commitment to TCU

.. LSU, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Ohio State & Houston also offered
.. Strong relationships with TCU's coaches + Proximity to home
.. Texas Girls Coaches Association Class 5A all-state team
.. Denton Record-Chronicle's 2019-20 Impact Player of the Year

- Excerpts from article by Reece Waddell, Denton Record-Chronicle
SirBearALot
SirBearALot said:

Bone Squad said:

So that gets us down to 7 players, and still supposedly one of those is contemplating a transfer.

1. NaLyssa Smith
2. Jaden Owens
3. Kamaria McDaniel
4. Sarah Andrews
5. Queen Egbo
6. Caitlin Bickle
7. Jordan Lewis

this is a quality group and we can win with them. Trinity started but did not play many minutes afterward. Even with the current exodus she could still little playing time ahead of these seven. Could she have helped, yes. Would she have been a big contributer..maybe not.but now we need some subs.
slimecap
Caddywampus said:

A little back story....
Alisa's mother, Lisa Williams, is the Head Women's Basketball Coach at Braswell
Stay tuned

.. Lisa Williams was born and raised in Amarillo TX
.. Played at Odessa College. Team posted 36-0 record. Earned Junior College National Championship
.. UT El Paso averaged 19 points + 8 rebounds per game her senior year
.. Coach at Crownover MS + athletic coordinator at Myers MS before moving to Denton TX
.. Guyer HS varsity assistant coach. District and bi-district championships.
.. 3 April 2019 Hired head coach GBB at Braswell HS

- Excerpts from articles by Denton ISD & Brady Keane, Denton Record-Chronicle
SirBearALot
Maybe Trinity stays and plays two more years and could get more playing time than she did under Mulkey ?
sicem45
slimecap said:

sicem45 said:

Not sure what your point is. A three star recruit with an unimpressive offer list.
IowaBear
The point is that you really have no clue what you're talking about. The # of stars next to a recruit means jack ***** Anyone who actually follows basketball knows this. You're good for 1 thing and that's throwing stones at Kim.
BaylorRocks
IowaBear said:

Just like she's "struggling to fill her staff" even though she took her entire staff with her. I've never met a poster more full of **** then you sicem45. It's like you throw **** at a wall and hope it sticks
BaylorRocks
IowaBear said:

The point is that you really have no clue what you're talking about. The # of stars next to a recruit means jack ***** Anyone who actually follows basketball knows this. You're good for 1 thing and that's throwing stones at Kim.
slimecap
sicem45 said:

slimecap said:

sicem45 said:

Not sure what your point is. A three star recruit with an unimpressive offer list.
I received 4 text messages requesting information on Alisa Williams.
1. What other schools offered her a scholarship?
2. Why did she initially commit to TCU? (2 texts)
3. Has she received any awards?
The answers I provided were responses to those 4 texts.
Only a portion of your original post was reposted: the twitter feed.
We appreciate your posting of the twitter feed.
Lynnp550
Good to know the Portal deadline is July 1, before we ante up $$$$ to BB Foundation for those fine reserved seats in the Ferrell. We're hanging around because we love Lady Bears basketball, but mainly to support NaLyssa, Queen, and Caitlin. If they go, we will likely take our WBB enthusiasm elsewhere. If they stay, then we'll go year-by-year. We never expected to be in such a situation; I'm sure nobody on this forum did either. Our hearts and prayers go out to our girls!
SATXBear
Lynnp550 said:

Good to know the Portal deadline is July 1, before we ante up $$$$ to BB Foundation for those fine reserved seats in the Ferrell. We're hanging around because we love Lady Bears basketball, but mainly to support NaLyssa, Queen, and Caitlin. If they go, we will likely take our WBB enthusiasm elsewhere. If they stay, then we'll go year-by-year. We never expected to be in such a situation; I'm sure nobody on this forum did either. Our hearts and prayers go out to our girls!

Why would you give up on Baylor even if they leave?
BUVA
We gave up all our season tickets -FB, BB, WBB- last year as we were attending fewer and fewer games for various reasons, and trying to get rid of tickets was a hassle. We're glad we made the decision before COVID-19 restrictions made our attendance almost impossible. Luckily, thanks to streaming services, we rarely missed a game. We definitely haven't given up on BU, it's just nice to watch games from the comfort of our patio and living room.
SATXBear
BUVA said:

We gave up all our season tickets -FB, BB, WBB- last year as we were attending fewer and fewer games for various reasons, and trying to get rid of tickets was a hassle. We're glad we made the decision before COVID-19 restrictions made our attendance almost impossible. Luckily, thanks to streaming services, we rarely missed a game. We definitely haven't given up on BU, it's just nice to watch games from the comfort of our patio and living room.
BaylorRocks
SATXBear said:

Lynnp550 said:

Not Baylor.......2 Star and Lib Linda.

Sic'em
SATXBear
zunooreo said:

SATXBear said:

Lynnp550 said:

Not Baylor.......2 Star and Lib Linda.

Sic'em

You are right about Linda from what I hear, but not so about Rhoades. I guess it depends on how Aranda turns out really.
HoustonBear15

Any word on Trinity?
slimecap
HoustonBear15 said:

Any word on Trinity?
The hearts are the same colors as TCU.
MrGolfguy
and Kansas St
slimecap
MrGolfguy said:

and Kansas St
Yes !
HoustonBear15
She's following some University of Washington personnel on instagram. Guessing that's going to be her landing spot.
slimecap
HoustonBear15 said:

She's following some University of Washington personnel on instagram. Guessing that's going to be her landing spot.
HoustonBear15, Appreciate the update !
Tina Langley was a terrific coach at Rice and I believe she will also assemble a competitive team at Washington. Seattle is sooo beautiful. It is one of the most interesting places to visit.

Wishing Trinity the best if she ends up there.
jmsmith68md
also purple. you must have visited Seattle in the summer...winter is 8 months of rain
boatergal
I'm native Texan and back living in Texasbut I lived in Seattle area for 18 years and Portland for 11 years before that. Yea it rains a lot but that's what makes it so green and gorgeous! Summers are phenomenal! I spend the summers there boating now that I am retired! if Trinity goes for a grad degeee, UW is an outstanding academic university! Sic'em Trinity

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.