Where is Bill Brock?

39,160 Views | 233 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BaylorRocks
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUbackerinET said:

Thank you, I appreciate the info, so that would have been about $1.2mm, right? Who would have made the decision not to enforce it? If that happened, and it was that much or more somebody or several somebodies need to be relieved of duty!
2.8 million was her salary.
Are you sure that was her salary number and not a "total comp" number?

For a variety of reasons most schools break down coaches' compensation into sub parts [the largest of which is salary].

She was paid 2.9+ in 2019, so that likely had some bonus structure for the natty in it, but not sure how much was which. 2018 was above the 2.2 reported as well.
baylor1984
Brian Ethridge said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUbackerinET said:

Thank you, I appreciate the info, so that would have been about $1.2mm, right? Who would have made the decision not to enforce it? If that happened, and it was that much or more somebody or several somebodies need to be relieved of duty!
2.8 million was her salary.
Are you sure that was her salary number and not a "total comp" number?

For a variety of reasons most schools break down coaches' compensation into sub parts [the largest of which is salary].

She was paid 2.9+ in 2019, so that likely had some bonus structure for the natty in it, but not sure how much was which. 2018 was above the 2.2 reported as well.
I believe her base was 2.3 and the rest was bonuses. The breakdown was posted on here before by Ashley.
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

That's exponentially worse than I thought! If we walked away with $2.8mm on the table, somebody needs to be held accountable. We owe it to our donors and supporters to take care of our investments. Somebody somewhere needs to find answers to these questions. Money doesn't grow on trees, and I'm still not convinced there was a buyout negotiated into her last extension, which would be horrible management given the value of Mulkey to our program, and all this nebulous talk about details on this issue concerns me greatly, and we as fans should be asking for answers, and getting answers.

Hey, Brian, how about having Smoak ask Mack these questions the next time he has him on the show and then post a link to it so we can all hear it?
or you could ask Mack since you are so concerned
Chibears2
So we were not going to talk about! Kim, but that's all that's been talked about since?

I think the program is moving in the right direction SINCE the previous coach left. The proof will be in the product that takes the floor in the fall. Both sides are only operating on opinion at this time. Hopefully, no matter what we think/feel about how the situation has played out, we care more about Baylor programs being successful, than being right and saying "I told you so."

T-REX
Chibears2 said:

So we were not going to talk about! Kim, but that's all that's been talked about since?

I think the program is moving in the right direction SINCE the previous coach left. The proof will be in the product that takes the floor insigners? l. Both sides are only operating on opinion at this time. Hopefully, no matter what we think/feel about how the situation has played out, we care more about Baylor programs being successful, than being right and saying "I told you so."

it seems like only 1 person in this thread currently cares about kim & her buy out. I only care about how many more trophy cases we need to buy for all the titles we are about to win with the new staff
Brian Ethridge
Staff
T-REX said:

Chibears2 said:

I think the program is moving in the right direction SINCE the previous coach left. The proof will be in the product that takes the floor insigners? l. Both sides are only operating on opinion at this time. Hopefully, no matter what we think/feel about how the situation has played out, we care more about Baylor programs being successful, than being right and saying "I told you so."

it seems like only 1 person in this thread currently cares about kim & her buy out. I only care about how many more trophy cases we need to buy for all the titles we are about to win with the new staff

Same
slimecap
slimecap said:

WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
He is not listed on the staff page and he has not retired from coaching.
Baylor Athletics Staff Directory
BASKETBALL, WOMEN'S
Bill Brock is listed as "Interim Head Coach"
The irony is that Nicki Collen is listed above Bill as "Head Coach"
UPDATE
June 8, 2021

Tony Greene has been added as Assistant Coach
Bill Brock remains listed as "Interim Head Coach"

Link for Baylor Athletics Staff Directory
https://baylorbears.com/staff-directory
BUbackerinET
I be glad to if I had the forum to do so, I don't, 365 does - your answer seems pretty obvious.
BUbackerinET
I want the same things too, don't try to put words in my mouth either of you. However, if we lost $2.8mm that we could have gotten if folks had done their jobs, then I'd like to know that, and I assure you, I am not the only one, but perhaps I am the only one on this forum willing to ask the questions for fear of belittlement by posters like T-Rex.
Threebears
I don't think we can take it for granted that we will win a NC within the next ten years. That's a huge assumption. We are staring over, but we have a great reputation and tradition to build back on. Kim was great, but that's past history now. I'm a little disappointed that this thread ran toward belittling those supporters who appreciated Coach Mulkey, but I'm looking forward to what Coach Collen will bring. We need to adjust our expectations though.
IowaBear
Nearly every thread turns into a belittling of those who supported Kim. They also turn into a Kim bashing party by a certain group of posters who come here preaching to move on and support CNC. The ironic part is almost everyone aside from maybe 2-3 posters has moved on to support our new staff. It's painfully obvious that the ones who truly need to move on are those who for whatever reason can't stop taking jabs at a hall of fame coach.
fredbear
Thou hast wounded me with truth.
T-REX
IowaBear said:

Nearly every thread turns into a belittling of those who supported Kim. They also turn into a Kim bashing party by a certain group of posters who come here preaching to move on and support CNC. The ironic part is almost everyone aside from maybe 2-3 posters has moved on to support our new staff. It's painfully obvious that the ones who truly need to move on are those who for whatever reason can't stop taking jabs at a hall of fame coach.
nobody here is taking jabs at anybody.
Bone Squad
I would also like to know whether Baylor A) negotiated a buyout into Mulkey's last contract or B) waived/failed to enforce the buyout.

I don't share the opinion of some that being a Baylor fan requires blind acceptance of everything the administration does or that we should not ask for accountability. I'm not sure there are any humans I would offer that kind of leeway to.
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

I want the same things too, don't try to put words in my mouth either of you. However, if we lost $2.8mm that we could have gotten if folks had done their jobs, then I'd like to know that, and I assure you, I am not the only one, but perhaps I am the only one on this forum willing to ask the questions for fear of belittlement by posters like T-Rex.
You can go call Mack's office or send an email. Heck you can go to his office even. You keep assuming that if we dont get a buy out payment, that people did not do their job. You are not an athletic director, you have zero understanding nor experience in the role to determine if our AD and staff are doing their job or not. If we did not get a buy out then so be it. If LSU refused to pay it, what would you like Baylor to do? Say you cant have our coach who clearly wants to move onto something different?

And nobody here is scared to ask questions for fear of belittlement. Welcome to the internet forum where people have different opinions and not everything is sunshine and flowers. Nobody is belittling you. You are getting offended because you keep demanding answers to something you have zero right to know. Baylor is a private university, we are not stock holders. We dont get to make demands. We can ask questions, and want to know things, but there is no reason to lose sleep over if we get a buy out from LSU or not. 2.8 is drop in the bucket, we just raised a literal **** ton of money in the last year at Baylor, our interest rate this month will equal 2.8 lol.
T-REX
Bone Squad said:

I would also like to know whether Baylor A) negotiated a buyout into Mulkey's last contract or B) waived/failed to enforce the buyout.

I don't share the opinion of some that being a Baylor fan requires blind acceptance of everything the administration does or that we should not ask for accountability. I'm not sure there are any humans I would offer that kind of leeway to.
if anybody here thinks I have blind acceptance for Baylor then you should really follow my twitter.......
IowaBear
You see what you choose to see.
T-REX
IowaBear said:

You see what you choose to see.
it must be off-season. Got to find something to argue about
IowaBear
Not arguing about anything bud. Pointing out what you chose not to see. If anyone's trying to argue it's you with your poor attempts at being an asshat to everyone who has a differing opinion
T-REX
IowaBear said:

Not arguing about anything bud. Pointing out what you chose not to see. If anyone's trying to argue it's you with your poor attempts at being an asshat to everyone who has a differing opinion
I'm not attempting anything. Kim is gone. We have a new coach. Someone asked about her buy out and wants the heads of anybody that is the reason we don't get it if we ended up not getting it. If we don't get it then we had a good reason. But it is a drop in bucket. If lsu doesn't want to pay it then so be it. Kim didn't want to be here. So see ya down the road. Same with any players that ever transfer in or out. We love when they come to us but are mad when they leave? They had to leave somewhere to come here. If you don't want to be here then the door is over there & good luck where ever you land.

Anybody here can ask questions but we have no ground to stand on to try and demand answers from the AD. He doesn't have to tell us anything. His obligation is to the program, not fans. He is the best AD we have had in decades. If anybody here wants to ask him a question then email, call, find him on the street, ect. But don't be upset when you don't get an answer you want because he doesn't have to tell you anything.

ABC BEAR
Rhoades is the best AD we've had in decades? Maybe so, but I would like to have seen Jack Patterson with a budget comparable to what Rhoades has to work with.
Russell Gym
ABC BEAR said:

Rhoades is the best AD we've had in decades? Maybe so, but I would like to have seen Jack Patterson with a budget comparable to what Rhoades has to work with.

Same for Don Trull playing in Briles' offense.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
ABC BEAR said:

Dang, Jack Patterson.
T-REX
Brian Ethridge said:

ABC BEAR said:

Dang, Jack Patterson.
who knows but in a game of what if, i dont think we have the across the board success in the 70's as we are currently having for many reasons that are beyond just budget.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
T-REX said:

Brian Ethridge said:

ABC BEAR said:

Dang, Jack Patterson.
who knows but in a game of what if, i dont think we have the across the board success in the 70's as we are currently having for many reasons that are beyond just budget.
Acro and Tumbling, WBB, and others didn't exist then at the NCAA level.
caesarscott
T-REX said:

IowaBear said:

I'm not attempting anything. Kim is gone. We have a new coach. Someone asked about her buy out and wants the heads of anybody that is the reason we don't get it if we ended up not getting it. If we don't get it then we had a good reason. But it is a drop in bucket. If lsu doesn't want to pay it then so be it. Kim didn't want to be here. So see ya down the road. Same with any players that ever transfer in or out. We love when they come to us but are mad when they leave? They had to leave somewhere to come here. If you don't want to be here then the door is over there & good luck where ever you land.

Anybody here can ask questions but we have no ground to stand on to try and demand answers from the AD. He doesn't have to tell us anything. His obligation is to the program, not fans. He is the best AD we have had in decades. If anybody here wants to ask him a question then email, call, find him on the street, ect. But don't be upset when you don't get an answer you want because he doesn't have to tell you anything.

What are Mack Rhoades accomplishments at Baylor?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
caesarscott said:

T-REX said:

IowaBear said:

T-REX
caesarscott said:

T-REX said:

IowaBear said:

2018 texas bowl champs, 2018 big 12 tourny baseball, 2019 big 12 tourny m tennis, 2020 big 12 reg season & tourny big 12 m tennis champs and natty title appearance, 2021 big 12 reg season mens title and natty title, and then do we want list off the 2019 wbb natty title and multiple reg season and tourny titles or the 4 maybe 5 depending on when he arrived acro natties and not to mention a few other big 12 titles across other sports? I can provide you with a power point and a hand out if you would like. Quiz to follow
T-REX
T-REX said:

caesarscott said:

T-REX said:

IowaBear said:

2018 texas bowl champs, 2018 big 12 tourny baseball, 2019 big 12 tourny m tennis, 2020 big 12 reg season & tourny big 12 m tennis champs and natty title appearance, 2021 big 12 reg season mens title and natty title, and then do we want list off the 2019 wbb natty title and multiple reg season and tourny titles or the 4 maybe 5 depending on when he arrived acro natties and not to mention a few other big 12 titles across other sports? I can provide you with a power point and a hand out if you would like. Quiz to follow
oh and raising a ton of money for our athletic programs that we couldnt have imagined years ago along with what will be an amazing new basketball arena next to robinson tower
Bone Squad
Are we to understand that Scott Drew and his team would not have won the national title but for Rhoades' presence? If so, what are the specific bases for that assertion?

If the position instead is that the AD should always get the credit for national title which occur during his tenure, then you would have to take the position that McCaw was a better AD than Rhoades. I'm not anticipating a mad rush to agree with the latter.
T-REX
Bone Squad said:

Are we to understand that Scott Drew and his team would not have won the national title but for Rhoades' presence? If so, what are the specific bases for that assertion?

If the position instead is that the AD should always get the credit for national title which occur during his tenure, then you would have to take the position that McCaw was a better AD than Rhoades. I'm not anticipating a mad rush to agree with the latter.
ill gladly give Ian credit for any titles won while he was in charge of the dept. and so on and so forth for any other AD across history
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Bone Squad said:

1: There was a buyout
2: No idea if it were enforced or waived

No idea why you think anyone has blind acceptance.

Mack never comments on contracts, it is his right to not answer, and he has told Smoaky this several times when pressed.

Seems plenty are giving leeway to an individual with only gain to trash on this forum.
Bone Squad
I appreciate the consistency.

I tend to give more credit to the AD who hired the championship winner. Even then, I think it's hard to end the analysis right there and not take anything else into account. I just can't go with "so-and-so was present" and automatically assign the accolades on that basis.
baylor1984
I'll judge Mack on the Aranda/Collen hire more than on what Scott or Felecia accomplish.
T-REX
Bone Squad said:

I appreciate the consistency.

I tend to give more credit to the AD who hired the championship winner. Even then, I think it's hard to end the analysis right there and not take anything else into account. I just can't go with "so-and-so was present" and automatically assign the accolades on that basis.
while i agree, can we really give our AD from 2000 credit for the 2019 wbb natty? or give them credit for 2021 mbb title? a program doesnt win a title without a lot of help behind the scenes and the AD does have a huge impact on how teams can succeed, especially in regard to the many things it takes off the field/court like raising money, improving facilities, ect.

but end of day nothing impact titles like duffle bags in the night :P

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.