Where is Bill Brock?

39,215 Views | 233 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BaylorRocks
Bone Squad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

No idea why you think anyone has blind acceptance.
Because the response to anyone saying they would like to know if Baylor enforced its contractual rights has been, "you shouldn't ask questions, since you aren't a stockholder," or "you should trust the leadership because they are paid millions of dollars," or "Rhoades has no obligation to answer these kinds of questions." In other words, assume the best decisions were made by the people making them, whether you have any facts to support that or not. Anybody who wants to look at it that way is free to do so, but to answer your question, it's an appeal to blind acceptance.
Quote:

Seems plenty are giving leeway to an individual with only gain to trash on this forum.
I can't make heads or tails of what this means.
Bone Squad
I think we're on the same page about this. That's why I have to leave it at giving *more* (not all) credit to the hiring AD, then admit that it's not appropriate to end the analysis there either.

Truth be told, I give way more of the credit to the responsible coaching staff than to anyone else.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Bone Squad said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Because the response to anyone saying they would like to know if Baylor enforced its contractual rights has been, "you shouldn't ask questions, since you aren't a stockholder," or "you should trust the leadership because they are paid millions of dollars," or "Rhoades has no obligation to answer these kinds of questions." In other words, assume the best decisions were made by the people making them, whether you have any facts to support that or not. Anybody who wants to look at it that way is free to do so, but to answer your question, it's an appeal to blind acceptance.
Quote:

Seems plenty are giving leeway to an individual with only gain to trash on this forum.
I haven't said that and you continue to strawman the discussion.
T-REX
Bone Squad said:

I think we're on the same page about this. That's why I have to leave it at giving *more* (not all) credit to the hiring AD, then admit that it's not appropriate to end the analysis there either.

Truth be told, I give way more of the credit to the responsible coaching staff than to anyone else.
well of course. that is drew's and staff title way before anybody else in the athletic dept.
Bone Squad
Please read the entire thread again. I did not copy direct quotes, but I believe these are fair paraphrases of actual statements made on this thread.

I'm open to anyone showing me how I misread or misinterpreted those statements, but claiming I made them up ("strawman") is not accurate. You said you had no idea why I thought anyone had blind acceptance, so I answered.
T-REX
Bone Squad said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Quote:

i never said you could not ask. I actually said the complete opposite. What I said was we have no grounds to demand an answer because they dont have to answer to us. We are just people who choose to give the school money. We dont have any contractual agreement when we donate that we get to ask questions. I want to know just because it would be nice to know but I dont care one way or another if Mack or anybody else tells me anything because I know I have no right to the information.

Hell, i still want to know *** happened in that closed door session with the BOR back in 2016 but they arent ever gonna tell us. we can ask questions about things all day long but we should never do so with expectation. I did not lose a single second of sleep when kim left, im not going to lose any sleep not knowing if we will get a buy out or not because i would never sleep if i did since that info may never truly be known.

as for blind acceptance, i call out baylor just about every day on twitter for their incompetence in many areas.
Bone Squad
T-Rex

You are correct. You did say essentially, "ask questions, but don't expect answers," rather than "don't ask questions" as I previously phrased it above. To me, the difference between those is splitting hairs, which I think is where our disconnect lies, but I did not intend to misrepresent you. Especially since I have just been accused of strawmanning, I wanted to clear that up and correct my mistake.

There are plenty of opinions around here I disagree with, but I do aim to discuss honestly at a bare minimum.
BearFan33
I would think if BU sets of precedent of not enforcing buy out's than what's the deterrent from some other school poaching our HOF Men's basketball coach down the road?

Although us peons are not entitled to an answer, I hope someone high up is thinking about these things.

Also fwiw I like Mack. He joined us when we were a self inflicted 3 alarm dumpster fire and quickly turned us around. The Mulkey loss stings but he may have got us to land on our feet. He and our new coach have my support and patience.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
IowaBear said:

Not arguing about anything bud. Pointing out what you chose not to see. If anyone's trying to argue it's you with your poor attempts at being an asshat to everyone who has a differing opinion

So the implication here is that T-R's asshattedness is less than stellar?
T-REX
Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

IowaBear said:

Not arguing about anything bud. Pointing out what you chose not to see. If anyone's trying to argue it's you with your poor attempts at being an asshat to everyone who has a differing opinion

who is T-R?
IowaBear
Tony Romo
Biscuits_and_Gravy
T-REX said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

IowaBear said:

who is T-R?

I'm conserving keystrokes, limiting my exposure to carpal tunnel syndrome. I think someone saying you made a poor attempt at being an asshat is hilarious. I'm sure it's because you weren't really trying and could do better if you tried.

You may not remember the reference, but next time try just saying 'nice socks'.
WacoFan
slimecap said:

slimecap said:

WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
He is not listed on the staff page and he has not retired from coaching.
Baylor Athletics Staff Directory
BASKETBALL, WOMEN'S
Bill Brock is listed as "Interim Head Coach"
The irony is that Nicki Collen is listed above Bill as "Head Coach"
UPDATE
June 8, 2021

Tony Greene has been added as Assistant Coach
Bill Brock remains listed as "Interim Head Coach"

Link for Baylor Athletics Staff Directory
https://baylorbears.com/staff-directory
He is not listed on "https://baylorbears.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster" - not sure which one is more official or more recently updated.

T-REX
Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

T-REX said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

IowaBear said:

who is T-R?

I'm conserving keystrokes, limiting my exposure to carpal tunnel syndrome. I think someone saying you made a poor attempt at being an asshat is hilarious. I'm sure it's because you weren't really trying and could do better if you tried.

You may not remember the reference, but next time try just saying 'nice socks'.
if you arent using an ergonomic keyboard do you even internet?
slimecap
WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
This is where Bill Brock was in November 2019

T-REX
slimecap said:

WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
This is where Bill Brock was in November 2019

Well there you have it
Bone Squad
Or possibly...

BUbackerinET
Clearly hit a nerve, good. It appears I'm right, and there is no buy-out. You may be ok with pi$$ing away whatever we could have obtained in a properly negotiated buy-out, but I'm not, and I'm not the only donor to Baylor that feels this way. So take your sanctimonious bs, and stuff it up where the sun don't shine.
BUbackerinET
Exactly. We blindly accepted the leadership of our BOR in the Briles era, and we all know what that got us. Anybody who donates to Baylor is a stockholder, and as such should ask questions about what their money is spent on.

To be clear, I heard early on that there was no buy-out in that contract, and posted it in this forum, Brian told me in the same thread that there was a buy-out, but he didn't know the details, but would find out. Then, he indicated recently he thought (had heard) the buy-out was a year's salary, which I grossly underestimated at $1.2mm, but was actually $2.8mm, either of those amounts if we lost them, or there was no buy-out at all are terrible management errors. I don't need to be an AD or anything else other than someone that understands my school losing millions of dollars.
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

Exactly. We blindly accepted the leadership of our BOR in the Briles era, and we all know what that got us. Anybody who donates to Baylor is a stockholder, and as such should ask questions about what their money is spent on.

To be clear, I heard early on that there was no buy-out in that contract, and posted it in this forum, Brian told me in the same thread that there was a buy-out, but he didn't know the details, but would find out. Then, he indicated recently he thought (had heard) the buy-out was a year's salary, which I grossly underestimated at $1.2mm, but was actually $2.8mm, either of those amounts if we lost them, or there was no buy-out at all are terrible management errors. I don't need to be an AD or anything else other than someone that understands my school losing millions of dollars.
except your not a stock holder, you are a donor.
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

Clearly hit a nerve, good. It appears I'm right, and there is no buy-out. You may be ok with pi$$ing away whatever we could have obtained in a properly negotiated buy-out, but I'm not, and I'm not the only donor to Baylor that feels this way. So take your sanctimonious bs, and stuff it up where the sun don't shine.
your tantrums are kind of cute

And actually, I'm ok with having a coach who isn't going to put our program in the red 5 to 6 million a year. That's what im ok with. We will make that buy out money up in 1 season
BUbackerinET
That makes me as much of a stockholder as any of those making the decisions with my and everyone else's money. Look, we obviously will have to agree to disagree on making it acceptable for millions of dollars being lost by poor management decisions.
BUbackerinET
I can definitely agree with that.
Cusco
BUbackerinET said:

OK, I cannot take it any more! This board, which I used to frequent and follow for news of our lady Bears, has become unbearable with Mulkeyists that lack any sense and yet pretend (probably based on their ignorance) to understand contractual (and other) issues.

Take a look at your statement highlighted above. First, you don't have a clue whether it's true, but let's assume that it is. Do you have even a faint understanding of how contracts work? Each term is negotiated and there is give and take among all the terms that make up the contract. For example, if a school requires a large buy-out (which would limit a coach's marketability), the coach would negotiate increased compensation for giving that up. And vice-versa. So even it is true that there was no buy-out, you cannot call it a "mistake" without a full understanding and exposition of all the negotiations and terms of the contract. Please stop posting nonsense!

To all the Mulkeyists: I liked Mulkey. I appreciate that she showed Baylor that it could compete at a national level. She's gone!! She chose to leave. Get over it!!! Stop acting like dumped teenage boy that cannot deal with rejection. Be a Baylor fan and not obsessed with someone who chose to leave. LSU overpaid. I'm glad our AD did not. Collen seems, at this time, like a good hire. Let's go forward and support Baylor.

BUbackerinET
I think you need a shot of tequila, my friend. And just to be clear, if you will read my prior posts, you will see why I have made these statements about the existence of a buy out or not, and I assure you, I know quite a lot about contracts
BUbackerinET
One other thing: this has nothing to do with CNC, I support her, and her vision. I just want to know how much donor money was wasted by either no buy out, or a waiver of the buy-out, and I don't think that's too much to ask for those of us who invest
BUatbirth
This thread is titled "Where is Bill Brock?". For anyone who wants to beat the topic of buyout money into the ground, PLEASE start a new thread, thank you.
itsjuzme
BUatbirth said:

This thread is titled "Where is Bill Brock?". For anyone who wants to beat the topic of buyout money into the ground, PLEASE start a new thread, thank you.

Thank you.
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

One other thing: this has nothing to do with CNC, I support her, and her vision. I just want to know how much donor money was wasted by either no buy out, or a waiver of the buy-out, and I don't think that's too much to ask for those of us who invest
no donor money is wasted if there is no buy out. That money would come from LSU, not BU donors. Your issue is as logical as the fact that you still think a donation is the same as an ownership stake in a company.

For someone who says they know a lot about contracts, you seem to not understand you have no contractual ownership in Baylor and thus forth have no right to anything other than a contribution statement for your taxes at the end of the year & a digital BBF membership card and free popcorn b4 games.
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

That makes me as much of a stockholder as any of those making the decisions with my and everyone else's money. Look, we obviously will have to agree to disagree on making it acceptable for millions of dollars being lost by poor management decisions.
it's not your money. You donated it. It was a gift. You did not invest it into an ownership stake. You don't have the ability to withdraw any money back at anytime. Baylor isn't a broker. When you give your friend $5 on their bday, you don't get to argue about how they spend it.

Last time I checked, Baylor isn't listed on the exchange......
BUbackerinET
Already did that a month ago - nothing.
mcleod66
T-REX said:

BUbackerinET said:

it's not your money. You donated it. It was a gift. You did not invest it into an ownership stake. You don't have the ability to withdraw any money back at anytime. Baylor isn't a broker. When you give your friend $5 on their bday, you don't get to argue about how they spend it.

Last time I checked, Baylor isn't listed on the exchange......
Exactly.
BUbackerinET
Haha! I get it, no accountability because it's a gift, ok - gotcha, man this institution has changed a lot over the last 3 decades. I hardly recognize it. If because it's a gift, there's no accountability for it, then I suppose every person who buys a car for their 16 year old has no expectation that it will be cared for and protected. Man, you and I live in vastly different moral places
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

Haha! I get it, no accountability because it's a gift, ok - gotcha, man this institution has changed a lot over the last 3 decades. I hardly recognize it. If because it's a gift, there's no accountability for it, then I suppose every person who buys a car for their 16 year old has no expectation that it will be cared for and protected. Man, you and I live in vastly different moral places
You are comparing giving a car to your kid to making a donation to a University? See, that is the issue here. You continue to make comparison that should not be made.

Giving a car to your child is your choice and in most cases, you are the actual owner of the vehicle which means you can stipulate whatever rules you want with them in order to allow their useage of the car. When you donate a vehicle to one of the many organizations that accept those for various purposes such as providing them to disabled vets or low income people, you have zero rights in determining who gets the vehicle nor how they use it........ because it is no longer your vehicle. You dont own it.

When you DONATE anything, including money to a university, you no longer own nor control in any way those assets. You have zero contractual agreement concerning how those funds are used. You may receive various benefits such as ticket selection priority and or a dinner with a coach, but those are always subject to change because it is not a contract. This is exactly why Baylor was able to force all sports to reseat their seats this past spring and fall because there was no signed contract saying i get that seat no matter what. seats are always subject to change via what you agree to when you purchase them. Same thing for the bear foundation benefits, subject to change how the BBF sees fit including requiring you to donate more to keep your seats at McLane which happened a few years ago to everybody.

This is not a matter of morals at all. You simply refuse to accept the fact that your donations are gifts and you dont get to demand anything of the school. But you are probably right about us living in 2 different places. Im 29 and have a much better understanding of how the real world works
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
T-REX
Anyways, this was real, and this was fun, and it even at times was real fun. But I'm out of here. Ive got to go get some work done so I can make more donations to Baylor and buy more stock. Just dont get them twisted
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.