Where is Bill Brock?

38,794 Views | 233 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BaylorRocks
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

BUbackerinET said:

Prove it, I've been asking for months.

Changing the subject, what are the prospects that WBB will only field an eight member team this year? Without out a quality bench, the W/L record will suffer despite the quality starters. Most can't play 40 minutes at peak performance.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
blackie
TexasScientist said:

slimecap said:

pwactwac said:

I just spent 15mins reading through this thread to find out what was happening with Coach Brock.
So does anyone know what is actually happening with Bill?

Coach Brock
.. has not been named in Baylor announcements since the transition on May 3
.. was not included in published photos of the first team meeting
.. was not included in a recent team video of Lady Bears training

I respect Coach Brock and appreciate the many contributions that he has made to the winning culture of the Lady Bears. Through the years, he has made a significant impact on the training and skill building of Baylor's interior players. His many radio interviews (where he dissected the game with a step-by-step technical eye) were enjoyable insights that added to watching the game. His endless on-the-road recruiting trips brought analysis back to the Baylor staff that contributed to bringing players that exceled and met the challenge of producing 3 National Championships and 21 BIG 12 Championship & Tournament trophies.

Although it is unknown what the next career step is in Coach Brock's life (whether it is at Baylor or elsewhere), I wish him and his family the very best as his journey continues.
Money talks. He'll stay for the right amount of $$ and provided CNC doesn't see him as a distraction.
Maybe, maybe not, especially when the retirement option looms and is justified, and you are looking at a new work environment, either because of staff changes or physical location. I voluntarily and happily retired 13 years ago and before eligible for social security after over 30 years where I had been. Doing so reduced my income (salary vs. pension) by well over 50%. However, I didn't need the money. I wanted to retire. Have never regretted it, even when figuring out how much more my bottom line would be today had I continued to work. At a point in your life, $$ are no where near the motivation that people, especially on this board, throw out. Even if it is a second, it is a distant second. Your freedom and being able to do what you want, when you want is all you need.

I suspect Brock is financially secure and perhaps retirement is something he has been considering. Mulkey's move may have made the decision for him. If he was all that gung ho about continuing to work and $$ matters, he would have moved to LSU. HIs life now may be about family and retirement that doesn't have the travel and schedule demands of being a major college coach. If that is the case, money does not talk, at least the kind of money that any responsible organization would be justified in paying for him, whether it be Baylor or someone else.
blackie
TexasScientist said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUbackerinET said:

Changing the subject, what are the prospects that WBB will only field an eight member team this year? Without out a quality bench, the W/L record will suffer despite the quality starters. Most can't play 40 minutes at peak performance.
I'd say those prospect are low if my understanding of the transfer portal and JUCO movement is correct. While no more players can enter the portal (except for those whose coaches left...they have until July 1 to enter), I think those that are already in it can still exercise their option to transfer up until class registrations start at their school.

As far as the quality bench, it is only the last few years, that we have had what I considered a "quality" bench. We have had many who not only played little during the year, but showed a considerable drop-off when they entered the game, even in garbage minutes. I suspect there are players still out there that would not be a detriment if they joined......and I assume international prospects are also a possibility and CNC likely is in a good position to checking that out.
slimecap
blackie said:

TexasScientist said:

slimecap said:

pwactwac said:

I just spent 15mins reading through this thread to find out what was happening with Coach Brock.

Coach Brock

I respect Coach Brock and appreciate the many contributions that he has made to the winning culture of the Lady Bears. Through the years, he has made a significant impact on the training and skill building of Baylor's interior players. His many radio interviews (where he dissected the game with a step-by-step technical eye) were enjoyable insights that added to watching the game. His endless on-the-road recruiting trips brought analysis back to the Baylor staff that contributed to bringing players that exceled and met the challenge of producing 3 National Championships and 21 BIG 12 Championship & Tournament trophies.

Although it is unknown what the next career step is in Coach Brock's life (whether it is at Baylor or elsewhere), I wish him and his family the very best as his journey continues.
Money talks. He'll stay for the right amount of $$ and provided CNC doesn't see him as a distraction.
Maybe, maybe not, especially when the retirement option looms and is justified, and you are looking at a new work environment ... I voluntarily and happily retired 13 years ago ... I wanted to retire. Have never regretted it ... At a point in your life, $$ are no where near the motivation that people, especially on this board, throw out. ... Your freedom and being able to do what you want, when you want is all you need. ...
Hi blackie, I totally agree with you. Each person has different life circumstances that determine when retirement is the best option. Agewise, you reach a point in your life when you realize that you have more memories than tomorrows. Optimistically, you lay down a plan that invigorates you and makes the best use of the rest of your years.

Good to hear that you have had 13 years of happy retirement ! Wishing you many, many more. Take care.
LadyChickBear
slimecap said:

pwactwac said:

Coach Brock

Amen!! I keep hoping to read about Coach Brock as well, but wading through all the male hormonal disfunction is tiring!! Can someone with real knowledge start a new thread. Thanks.
WacoFan
Keep an eye on the little school in Belton.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
WacoFan said:

Keep an eye on the little school in Belton.

He and Mark would be fun
Dcheetah
Interesting
Processandtrust
T-REX said:

BUbackerinET said:

That makes me as much of a stockholder as any of those making the decisions with my and everyone else's money. Look, we obviously will have to agree to disagree on making it acceptable for millions of dollars being lost by poor management decisions.
it's not your money. You donated it. It was a gift. You did not invest it into an ownership stake. You don't have the ability to withdraw any money back at anytime. Baylor isn't a broker. When you give your friend $5 on their bday, you don't get to argue about how they spend it.

Last time I checked, Baylor isn't listed on the exchange......

Stockholder wasn't the right term, but a stakeholder would be correct. Just because you don't own a share of a company doesn't mean you don't have a stake in it. Employees are stakeholders even if they don't have any ownership of a company and if the company makes poor decisions it can negatively impact that employee. Same with the image and results of Baylor athletics for individuals that went to school at Baylor and donate money. They are stakeholders and their opinions do matter.
slimecap
slimecap said:

LadyChickBear said:

slimecap said:

slimecap said:

WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
He is not listed on the staff page and he has not retired from coaching.
Baylor Athletics Staff Directory
BASKETBALL, WOMEN'S
Bill Brock is listed as "Interim Head Coach"
The irony is that Nicki Collen is listed above Bill as "Head Coach"
UPDATE
June 8, 2021

Tony Greene has been added as Assistant Coach
Bill Brock remains listed as "Interim Head Coach"

Link for Baylor Athletics Staff Directory
https://baylorbears.com/staff-directory
I could be wrong, but I don't see him listed on the Lady Bears page???
You are correct. Bill Brock is not listed on the Baylor WBB website.
However, Bill Brock is still listed on the Baylor Athletics Staff Directory.
Maybe 2 different employees at Baylor edit the 2 different pages?

June 15, 2021
Bill Brock is no longer listed on the Baylor Athletics Staff Directory.
WacoFan
slimecap said:

slimecap said:

LadyChickBear said:

slimecap said:

slimecap said:

WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
BASKETBALL, WOMEN'S
UPDATE
June 8, 2021

June 15, 2021
Cleaned out his office last night. No longer a coach for the Lady Bears.
Born_A_Bear
Bill Brock, we will miss you but wish you much happiness.
BaylorRocks
zunooreo said:

Soon to be announced as being hired out of retirement to join the LSU women's basketball coaching staff..........

Sic'em
ABC BEAR
WacoFan said:

slimecap said:

slimecap said:

LadyChickBear said:

slimecap said:

slimecap said:

WacoFan said:

Where is Bill Brock?
BASKETBALL, WOMEN'S
UPDATE
June 8, 2021

June 15, 2021
Cleaned out his office last night. No longer a coach for the Lady Bears.
No press conferences, no thank you's or goodbye's, just an after-hours office cleaning. Such is the life of a college assistant coach in limbo.
Old300Bear
I'm sure he has a job in Baton Rouge if he wants it, but I think he is retired. I could see him volunteering with his son in law at UMHB.
Fred Barber
slimecap

March 21, 2014
Lone Star
zunooreo said:

zunooreo said:

Soon to be announced as being hired out of retirement to join the LSU women's basketball coaching staff..........

Sic'em
I would LOVE to know who you REALLY root for in college athletics? Because with your constant smart a$$ anti Baylor comments, you certainly aren't a Baylor fan. More like the twin brother of Mulder....
MaxTeller
Bill is still with the Athletic Department. He isn't going any where at this time.
TexasScientist
blackie said:

TexasScientist said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BUbackerinET said:

I'd say those prospect are low if my understanding of the transfer portal and JUCO movement is correct. While no more players can enter the portal (except for those whose coaches left...they have until July 1 to enter), I think those that are already in it can still exercise their option to transfer up until class registrations start at their school.

As far as the quality bench, it is only the last few years, that we have had what I considered a "quality" bench. We have had many who not only played little during the year, but showed a considerable drop-off when they entered the game, even in garbage minutes. I suspect there are players still out there that would not be a detriment if they joined......and I assume international prospects are also a possibility and CNC likely is in a good position to checking that out.
Maybe. But even with reasonably good depth on the bench, we saw what can happen when a key player like Lauren Cox misses a key game. BU needs some depth to continue at the same level.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
ABC BEAR
LadyChickBear said:

slimecap said:

pwactwac said:

Coach Brock

Amen!! I keep hoping to read about Coach Brock as well, but wading through all the male hormonal disfunction is tiring!! Can someone with real knowledge start a new thread. Thanks.
I was considering changing my username to MaleHormonalDysfunctionBear.....thanks for helping me avoid that shame.
slimecap
ABC BEAR said:

LadyChickBear said:

slimecap said:

pwactwac said:

Coach Brock

I was considering changing my username to MaleHormonalDysfunctionBear....
thanks for helping me avoid that shame.

I like your current name
ABC BEAR
slimecap said:

ABC BEAR said:

LadyChickBear said:

slimecap said:

pwactwac said:

Coach Brock

I was considering changing my username to MaleHormonalDysfunctionBear....
thanks for helping me avoid that shame.

I like your current name

Was I ever James Bond? Let me start by saying that.....wait, sorry I have to go....something big just came up.
GelaBear
LadyChickBear said:

slimecap said:

pwactwac said:

Coach Brock

GelaBear
There have been times when I've wished to caution some to back away from the Petty Low T Bar you've been over served.
BaylorRocks
Lone Star said:

zunooreo said:

zunooreo said:

Sic'em
I would LOVE to know who you REALLY root for in college athletics? Because with your constant smart a$$ anti Baylor comments, you certainly aren't a Baylor fan. More like the twin brother of Mulder....
Simply cannot see how you interpret this post of mine as anything smart-ass or anti-Baylor. If anything, it is pro Coach Brock....which it is.

I am a huge Baylor supporter (financially and by presence). And I'm fairly comfortable in saying that most likely I am more than you.

I am not a supporter of 2-Star Rhoades. And have been clear on that for almost 2 years now.

Sic'em

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.