Where is Bill Brock?

39,224 Views | 233 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BaylorRocks
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
fredbear said:

I'm with Ethridge on this one. It is his duty to call the board back to sanity . Those who want to only talk about Kim and the past need to start their own website. This is BU, sic em. And the BU coach is NC and the future, good or bad, is hers. Rehearsing the same old lines and saying NC will not win as many games is ridiculous. The only one who does win as much as Kim is named Geno. So NC will not avg 88 percent win record and Kim may not have either if she stayed to play Vic. But she left. Let's see what her winning percentage is next year in the Sec. 88 percent next year? Will see.
The same ones that said Baylor would never be back to the heights of Briles, but went silent in New Orleans
The same ones that wanted to fire Drew and let Kim coach the men, but went silent in Indianapolis
The same ones, blah, blah, blah...
boatergal
Lion82 said:

Time and time again you baylor sunshine pumpers forgive massive screwups by our administration. Briles fiasco and now we lose a hall of fame coach because the AD can't do his damn job.

I'll laugh my a$$ off when **mack tries
to sell us a wnit home game in 2023.
We did not lose a "Hall of Fame Coach because Mack Rhoades "can't do his job"!! Kim Mulkey left for whatever reason you would like to believe. No one ran her off. Maybe Baylor was no longer the best place for her to be. She said she chose to take the LSU opportunity. I choose to believe her. I wish her the best.
Get over her leaving!! I am sick of all this bantering nonsense. You say the same garbage every post! Go join the LSU board and continue your Mulkey Love Fest. I'm here to support our Lady Bears and Coach Nikki.
T-REX
Lion82 said:

Time and time again you baylor sunshine pumpers forgive massive screwups by our administration. Briles fiasco and now we lose a hall of fame coach because the AD can't do his damn job.

I'll laugh my a$$ off when **mack tries
to sell us a wnit home game in 2023.
then burn all your baylor gear and buy some purple and gold. My loyalty lies with baylor, not kim, not drew, not Mack, not Linda, and not a single player.

Im going to cheer on whoever is the current coach & players. Kim didn't want to be here. She made more money than geno. Had a higher staff budget than geno. Geno won 7 natties & been to the final 4 every year since 2008. Kim won 3 natties and only 4 final fours in 20 years. Ahe made more than the coach who is clearly better and she still wasn't satisfied. Her program lost the university 5-6 million a year and nobody batted a single eye and gave her every damn thing she asked for 20 years straight. Mack didn't run her off, she ran her self off.

Stop ignoring the facts that have been known for 10+ damn years. She was hard to work with and thought she was Baylor and nobody could take her spotlight. Previous administration's bowed at her every request. We now have a true professional AD who is leading the dept to great success across the board and refuses to let his employee demand thing she has no right demanding.

Drew won a natty, had 8k+ people attend his parade, and Kim realized she was no longer the only good thing at baylor and no longer the queen. She demanded a new arena in a bad location despite the fact that robinson towers location is a better spot for 1000000 different reasons including closer to dorms. She wanted her name on the court. Who the hell ask for an honor? That ain't honorable.

She is gone, she did a lot of great things here and we can all appreciate it but she made her bed and now sleeps in baton Rouge.

Anyways, can't wait to watch my girl Nicki win a natty in the new arena next to Robinson tower. Gonna be glorious to watch with my fellow baylor fans who support the team no matter what. I'm going to go back to the premium side were we discuss how we can better support and make that a reality instead of screaming about our fuer leaving
Adriacus Peratuun
Funny Thing:

the Gloom & Doom crowd are also the ones constantly promoting Henry Iba style basketball. It is like listening to a football fan quoting Darrell Royal about the problems with the forward pass.

Hint: Roosevelt is no longer President.
T-REX
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Funny Thing:

the Gloom & Doom crowd are also the ones constantly promoting Henry Iba style basketball. It is like listening to a football fan quoting Darrell Royal about the problems with the forward pass.

Hint: Roosevelt is no longer President.

what do you mean by passing the ball around equals open looks? No way!!!
slimecap
Chibears2 said:

This thread is sad on all accounts.
So much belittling of the other side by all concerned.
Used to be a collegial board. I miss that.
Hi Chibears2,
Thank you for your post.
Hopefully, the thread below will generate some gentle ping-ponging of different opinions that focuses on basketball skill sets. These are the WNBA opponents that Nicki Collen faced and gained on-court experience over the past 3 years.
"X's and O's in the WNBA"
Link
https://sicem365.com/forums/4/topics/88074
fredbear
T Rex has been wbb no. One Fan and has enough travel miles following the team to say whatever he wants to say and have us listen! The reality is it doesn't matter who, what, or why now. Blame whoever you want to blame. Make up any scenario in your mind that pleases you. You still have the same result. KM has chosen to leave us, including guys like T Rex that gave her team his best. We MUST move on. You guys sound like a 90 year old man who still insists of only living in the Good Old Days. Papa wake up and live in June of 2021. NC is coach and T Rex is on board with all his prophetic zeal. Join the party and stop pouting and throwing cake at those of us who have grieved, and moved forward with hope.
Reverend
No need to explain that.
ScottS
Any updates on Brock?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Still a wait and see.
fredbear
Has he been offered? Is he that indecisive? Time to declare allegiance or cut bait.
T-REX
fredbear said:

T Rex has been wbb no. One Fan and has enough travel miles following the team to say whatever he wants to say and have us listen! The reality is it doesn't matter who, what, or why now. Blame whoever you want to blame. Make up any scenario in your mind that pleases you. You still have the same result. KM has chosen to leave us, including guys like T Rex that gave her team his best. We MUST move on. You guys sound like a 90 year old man who still insists of only living in the Good Old Days. Papa wake up and live in June of 2021. NC is coach and T Rex is on board with all his prophetic zeal. Join the party and stop pouting and throwing cake at those of us who have grieved, and moved forward with hope.
buy u a beer sometime
Lynnp550
That's kinda tacky.......maybe those who can't let go of Kim are also the ones who can't stop wearing masks?
T-REX
Lynnp550 said:

That's kinda tacky.......maybe those who can't let go of Kim are also the ones who can't stop wearing masks?
hey man I had no problem letting go!

(My reaction when she announced she was leaving & totally not me watching tennis in the Final 4)
WacoFan
Russell Gym
Brian Ethridge said:

fredbear said:

I'm with Ethridge on this one. It is his duty to call the board back to sanity . Those who want to only talk about Kim and the past need to start their own website. This is BU, sic em. And the BU coach is NC and the future, good or bad, is hers. Rehearsing the same old lines and saying NC will not win as many games is ridiculous. The only one who does win as much as Kim is named Geno. So NC will not avg 88 percent win record and Kim may not have either if she stayed to play Vic. But she left. Let's see what her winning percentage is next year in the Sec. 88 percent next year? Will see.
The same ones that said Baylor would never be back to the heights of Briles, but went silent in New Orleans
The same ones that wanted to fire Drew and let Kim coach the men, but went silent in Indianapolis

Need ability to star this post.
BaylorRocks
Bear8084
Brian Ethridge said:

fredbear said:

Exactly! This should have all the stars if they weren't admin.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Heard some exciting news is coming
BUbackerinET
Still waiting for you or someone to tell us what Mulkey's buy out was. I still don't believe there was one, and that management failure has been swept under the rug. Brian and others have said there was a buy-out, but to date, I have seen no proof of either its existence or its terms. She had 2 years left, IIRC.
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

Still waiting for you or someone to tell us what Mulkey's buy out was. I still don't believe there was one, and that management failure has been swept under the rug. Brian and others have said there was a buy-out, but to date, I have seen no proof of either its existence or its terms. She had 2 years left, IIRC.
We dont need a buy out. Her leaving saves us money every year. I doubt the new coach is paid as much. So every dollar less is savings for us. Maybe we can start the process of still winning without losing 5 - 6 million a year for the school under the new staff.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUbackerinET said:

I don't know if it was enforced, but LSU insiders said it was a year's salary.
Adriacus Peratuun
T-REX said:

We dont need a buy out. Her leaving saves us money every year. I doubt the new coach is paid as much. So every dollar less is savings for us. Maybe we can start the process of still winning without losing 5 - 6 million a year for the school under the new staff.
Given the annual "additional demands" she made, recouping $$$ was justified. Given the impact of COVID on athletic finances, it was needed. Divorces aren't cheap.
Cdogg33
Hearing Coach Brock maybe staying on for another year at Baylor before retiring.
WacoFan
Not as a coach and not on the floor (for Baylor).
BUbackerinET
Thank you, I appreciate the info, so that would have been about $1.2mm, right? Who would have made the decision not to enforce it? If that happened, and it was that much or more somebody or several somebodies need to be relieved of duty!
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

Thank you, I appreciate the info, so that would have been about $1.2mm, right? Who would have made the decision not to enforce it? If that happened, and it was that much or more somebody or several somebodies need to be relieved of duty!
If LSU had tried to fight paying it, then it is possible that we just waived it to get her out of our hair as it became very clear she did not want to be here anymore & no employer wants to keep an employee around that doesnt want to work for them.. That happens from time to time depending on the specific situation. Im not saying that is what happened as it sounds like LSU agreed to a pay out. Most likely it is just something that takes time and normal red tape to get finalized and actually paid out.

But if we waived it, then we would not have done so without having a good reason and that decision would be made at the very top. Our athletic dept leadership is the best in the country and we need to stop acting like it is not. We are winning titles across the board again and thriving. Kim leaving may be some fans nightmare but it isnt a nightmare for Baylor Athletics. Trust in the leadership that we pay millions to make the best decisions for the program.
T-REX
Adriacus Peratuun said:

T-REX said:

Given the annual "additional demands" she made, recouping $$$ was justified. Given the impact of COVID on athletic finances, it was needed. Divorces aren't cheap.
id rather just worry about my new way hotter girl friend than getting a check from my ex's new husband in this situaiton
Bone Squad
T-REX said:

Trust in the leadership that we pay millions to make the best decisions for the program.
We pay our Congress millions of dollars too. I'd have to say I trust them and BU's leadership about the same. Unfortunately in regard to both cases.
BUbackerinET
We're not talking about chump change here, if it's as much as $1.2mm or more, and as a contributor to the university, I would like to know how much the buyout was, if there was one, and if it was waived, I'd sure like to know why. If it involved some kind of shenanigans in the athletic department, that lead to the waiver, I'd like to know. I'm not saying there were any, I just can't wrap my head around giving up that much money unless there is a compelling reason for it, but I for one would like to know, and I don't think I'm the only one
T-REX
Bone Squad said:

T-REX said:

Trust in the leadership that we pay millions to make the best decisions for the program.
We pay our Congress millions of dollars too. I'd have to say I trust them and BU's leadership about the same. Unfortunately in regard to both cases.
sounds like a personal problem then. My only issue with baylor leadership is not allowing beer sales at games
T-REX
BUbackerinET said:

We're not talking about chump change here, if it's as much as $1.2mm or more, and as a contributor to the university, I would like to know how much the buyout was, if there was one, and if it was waived, I'd sure like to know why. If it involved some kind of shenanigans in the athletic department, that lead to the waiver, I'd like to know. I'm not saying there were any, I just can't wrap my head around giving up that much money unless there is a compelling reason for it, but I for one would like to know, and I don't think I'm the only one
everybody would like to know. However, we are not entitled to that knowledge. We donate, we don't buy stock. We have no right to that information at the end of the day.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUbackerinET said:

2.8 million was her salary.
BUbackerinET
That's exponentially worse than I thought! If we walked away with $2.8mm on the table, somebody needs to be held accountable. We owe it to our donors and supporters to take care of our investments. Somebody somewhere needs to find answers to these questions. Money doesn't grow on trees, and I'm still not convinced there was a buyout negotiated into her last extension, which would be horrible management given the value of Mulkey to our program, and all this nebulous talk about details on this issue concerns me greatly, and we as fans should be asking for answers, and getting answers.

Hey, Brian, how about having Smoak ask Mack these questions the next time he has him on the show and then post a link to it so we can all hear it?
Adriacus Peratuun
Brian Ethridge said:

BUbackerinET said:

2.8 million was her salary.
Are you sure that was her salary number and not a "total comp" number?

For a variety of reasons most schools break down coaches' compensation into sub parts [the largest of which is salary].

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.