Hearing Baylor in the mix/leads for transfer Lavender Briggs from Florida

29,687 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wbbfan29
T-REX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

So anything other then a Natty this year would be a massive failure right ? After all some are claiming Kim should have had like 7/8. This teams top 7 is as good as any teams. Some of you all are setting yourselves up to be highly dissatisfied with CNC if she doesn't win big right now I
Yes not winning a natty is a disappointment in any sport. Equestrian to football. If you ain't the best then you failed that season. You can have successes in a season & still fail. My loyalty will always be to the program. So whoever is leading the program, their job is to make our team the best. Anything less than the best is not good enough. Given the resources we have for wbb, it is not unrealistic to expect final fours more often than 19% of the time.
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
lookin4awin
Wbbfan29 said:

I hate how all the threads always drift off to talking about the same subject over and over. Can we stay on topic for once

The OP was that Nicki was going to take our program to a new level. It was a fair question to ask what level that would be, since we are already considered to be a top 5 elite program. Nicki should earn our respect by what we see on the court. Indirect jabs at our prior coach and her program aren't particularly helpful.
T-REX
IowaBear said:

sicem45 said:

baylor1984 said:

How in the hell do you underachieve when you have the second most NC amongst active coaches and the 3rd most all time ? The WBB at Baylor was crap before she came. She built the program and won her first championship in year 5 as a 3 seed defeating 3 number 1's in the process. By winning that early on in her HC coaching career Kim raised expectations way above from what they should have been. Could she have won more NC with Griner, yes she could have but she also won a couple in 05 and 19 with lesser talent. I'll be damn happy in CNC can win 3 NC over the next 20 years.
4 final fours in 20+ years despite massive talent and resource advantages is the definition of underachievement. She is also stagnant, refusing to adapt to changes in the game today. Her offense was very stale which honestly was a giant reason for many of the early exits from the NCAAT. If they were just mediocre from shooting from 3/midrange, they would have advanced to a few more final fours and maybe have another title.

The program was about to take a nose dive once the senior class left as Kim stopped recruiting after that 2018 class. She resorted to transfer portal as she was lazy on the recruiting trail. Hiring Rice to replace Toyelle Wilson was a giant mistake from a recruiting perspective.

I thank LSU for taking Kim off our hands as it was only a matter of time before things took a nose dive.

A program that just won a Natty 2 years ago and was a horrific call from most likely going back to back was about to nose dive ? You're a special kind of stupid. Your hatred for Kim creates irrational thoughts
I won't speak on the nose dive comment but I do want to shine light on the terrible call in the elite 8 is not what truly cost us the game. The 19 point run by uconn where we used zero timeouts & the terrible free throw shooting had much more impact than a single missed foul call. We unfortunately put the fate of the game into the officials hands, something you should never do. Allowing the 19 point run without a timeout to try and stop their momentum created a big hole we had to spend the rest of the game clawing our way out of instead of building a points cushion to secure the win & not leave it up to a bad call.

The ref blows her whistle, we still have to make the free throws and that is not a guarantee either. I want to believe we win if the call is made but we should have never been in that situation given how we played up until the 19 point run. We were killing uconn. About to break their will but for whatever reason, a time out wasn't used and compounded with the free throw misses, it wasuch much harder to win that game even without the missed call.

I just don't want to people to look past that as it is easy to point to the missed call because it was very obvious a foul & the situation when it happened. Just remember a game is 40 minutes long.
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
lookin4awin said:

Wbbfan29 said:

I hate how all the threads always drift off to talking about the same subject over and over. Can we stay on topic for once

The OP was that Nicki was going to take our program to a new level. It was a fair question to ask what level that would be, since we are already considered to be a top 5 elite program. Nicki should earn our respect by what we see on the court. Indirect jabs at our prior coach and her program aren't particularly helpful.
I'd say for the most part, this thread has stayed on topic. In order to define new heights, we must analyze the height that any other staff before CNC brought us to. And in order to do so, you have to point out where any failures/disappointments took place to prevent a higher ceiling. I like to think in sports there is a true ceiling that really can't be beat. Like Bama football, Saban could win 5 more natties but I don't think that puts him any higher than he already is. I don't think geno can reach any higher regardless if he wins more natties. They are already the best. Brady could win his 7th super bowl and I don't think it matters. He is already the goat, and I hate him lol.

There is more that Baylor wbb can achieve than what we have already in its history. We can all appreciate the past while looking towards the future. I think teaff under achieved at baylor in football but I still love everything he did for us during his many years here. We have gone on to do even better things since he was fball coach & many like to think he was the best we ever had. We can continue to grow our programs & achieve even more.

I appreciate what Kim accomplished at Baylor but I want more. I always will. That is what drives me. I hope Nikki gives me more.
Baylor MBA 2023
IowaBear
Fair but answer me this, do we lose if DIdi doesn't get hurt? I can't for sure say but we were up 10 and starting to pull away. Momentum is a funny thing
BBWCBear
sicem45 said:

baylor1984 said:

Kim didn't have massive talent or resource advantage 20 years ago. It's a program she built over time by winning first then demanding ( to many people's chagrin) more money, resources, facilities etc. for her program. It didn't happen overnight and quite frankly her success came so quickly that it gave many expectations that weren't realistic. Has Kim lost games in the elite 8 I thought she should win, yes she has but at the same time she won NC's that she shouldn't have. Only UConn over the last 20 years has had a superior program and KM would be the first to tell you that ( and she has on several occasions) she can't out coach Geno. Was it time for her to move on, it probably was but that in no way lessens on what she accomplished at her time at Baylor.
Geno is a master recruiter, look at all the #1 overall recruits he gets and other top 5 players. I am hoping Nicki can get more of these players. Kim struggled with getting the elite of the elite players at times.
There are reasons why Geno and Saban are in a class by themselves. NOBODY, NOBODY matches them and probably never will. There isn't anyone on the horizon, currently, with any university that stands to exceed their level of success. SCORES of universities would be happy to have Baylor's success and not be complaining like a faction of fans/alumni that's here.

I SO hope CNC can share a comparable success at BU. I just want to make a note of posters like you for three-five years from now to refer back to assuming I'm still around. We'll see if Baylor is truly ELITE... meaning all a decent coach has to do is show up and 4-5 star, McDonald All Americans will be lining up at our door. CNC has her work cut out for her and I'm got my fingers crossed she's successful.
T-REX
IowaBear said:

Fair but answer me this, do we lose if DIdi doesn't get hurt? I can't for sure say but we were up 10 and starting to pull away. Momentum is a funny thing
if she stays in the game I 100% believe we keep rolling. But even with her injury, we could have won with just better free throw shooting let alone slowing down that crazy run by unconn which forced us to play catch up.the rest of the game. I'm just tired of people blaming the call for our loss when there were other factors that imo had a much larger overall impact on the game. People assume she makes the shot if not fouled or makes the free throws. We won the natty in 19 because ND missed free throws at the end. Can only go off of what actually took place, not what may or may not have had happen if the foul doesn't happen/is called
Baylor MBA 2023
lookin4awin
T-REX said:

lookin4awin said:

Wbbfan29 said:

I'd say for the most part, this thread has stayed on topic. In order to define new heights, we must analyze the height that any other staff before CNC brought us to. And in order to do so, you have to point out where any failures/disappointments took place to prevent a higher ceiling. I like to think in sports there is a true ceiling that really can't be beat. Like Bama football, Saban could win 5 more natties but I don't think that puts him any higher than he already is. I don't think geno can reach any higher regardless if he wins more natties. They are already the best. Brady could win his 7th super bowl and I don't think it matters. He is already the goat, and I hate him lol.

There is more that Baylor wbb can achieve than what we have already in its history. We can all appreciate the past while looking towards the future. I think teaff under achieved at baylor in football but I still love everything he did for us during his many years here. We have gone on to do even better things since he was fball coach & many like to think he was the best we ever had. We can continue to grow our programs & achieve even more.

I appreciate what Kim accomplished at Baylor but I want more. I always will. That is what drives me. I hope Nikki gives me more.
Obviously, no program is going to win one hundred percent of the time. Based on your reasoning above, I think one would assume you believe the Connecticut program to be underperforming because they have not won a national championship since 2016-and clearly should have not lost to an inferior MSU team in a recent final, and should not have lost to a inferior Az. team-and their recruiting is generally believed to exceed ours. Is your post logic that Connecticut too in an underperformer? You would have to believe thatTara is a total disaster wtih her big gap in championships. If all the programs are underachievers, I am not sure what your post is even about. Every program in every sport could do better except the current champion.

T-REX
lookin4awin said:

T-REX said:

lookin4awin said:

Wbbfan29 said:

Obviously, no program is going to win one hundred percent of the time. Based on your reasoning above, I think one would assume you believe the Connecticut program to be underperforming because they have not won a national championship since 2016-and clearly should have not lost to an inferior MSU team in a recent final, and should not have lost to a inferior Az. team-and their recruiting is generally believed to exceed ours. Is your post logic that Connecticut too in an underperformer? You would have to believe thatTara is a total disaster wtih her big gap in championships. If all the programs are underachievers, I am not sure what your post is even about. Every program in every sport could do better except the current champion.

Yes, Uconn has under achieved given their resources & recruiting. I'm not sure how much more clear I can make it. If you have the resources that programs like UCONN & Baylor has, & you do not win the natty, then you underachieved. Baylor has made.winning the big 12 not really a goal any more but rather an annual guarantee basically. We expect to win the big 12 yearly & we really don't even think about it. It basically just happens. We know we are going to win it and make the ncaa tourny. But we have only ever made the final 4 4 times.

When you essentially know you will win the big 12, your next goal should be the final 4. I can't honestly believe that genos goal any more is to win the conf nor make the final 4. He has taken unconn there every year since 2008. He & his fans knows they are going yearly, just like we know we are winning the big 12. He and his fans expect to win a natty.

If you want to be satisfied with conference titles and going to the final 4 less than 20% of the time, feel free. But I will continue to expect more from our program regardless who the coach is. I mentioned other sports above. I expect at minimum a big 12 title every year in every sport. & I expect a final 4 or equivalent in every sport. I hope for a natty in every sport every year.

Because of fans like us, our athletic program across the board is very well funded. Money isn't a barrier success in Waco like it is for many others. I flew to Orlando in May to watch men's tennis compete in the final 4. Decided to make the trip 12 hours before my flight left. Because I expected us to win the natty. I had a great time there but I left disappointed because we lost. I'm still a huge fan of Woodson & the program. But I can be a huge fan & still be disappointed.

Each fan sets their own expectations. Some fans just want to see Baylor win games..they don't care about titles. And some of us want to be the very best. You set.your own expectations but get upset when someone has loftier goals & expectations than you do. It is my cross to bare if we don't meet my expectations & it is yours cross to bare if don't mee yours.

Do you & I'll do me. I don't donate to Baylor to simply compete. I donate to see natties overflowing from the trophy case.
Baylor MBA 2023
slimecap

With the Florida head coaching change ...
Will incoming 2021 freshman Jeriah Warren (Lake Charles LA) stay at UFlorida?
lookin4awin
T-REX said:

lookin4awin said:

T-REX said:

lookin4awin said:

Wbbfan29 said:

Yes, Uconn has under achieved given their resources & recruiting. I'm not sure how much more clear I can make it. If you have the resources that programs like UCONN & Baylor has, & you do not win the natty, then you underachieved. Baylor has made.winning the big 12 not really a goal any more but rather an annual guarantee basically. We expect to win the big 12 yearly & we really don't even think about it. It basically just happens. We know we are going to win it and make the ncaa tourny. But we have only ever made the final 4 4 times.

When you essentially know you will win the big 12, your next goal should be the final 4. I can't honestly believe that genos goal any more is to win the conf nor make the final 4. He has taken unconn there every year since 2008. He & his fans knows they are going yearly, just like we know we are winning the big 12. He and his fans expect to win a natty.

If you want to be satisfied with conference titles and going to the final 4 less than 20% of the time, feel free. But I will continue to expect more from our program regardless who the coach is. I mentioned other sports above. I expect at minimum a big 12 title every year in every sport. & I expect a final 4 or equivalent in every sport. I hope for a natty in every sport every year.

Because of fans like us, our athletic program across the board is very well funded. Money isn't a barrier success in Waco like it is for many others. I flew to Orlando in May to watch men's tennis compete in the final 4. Decided to make the trip 12 hours before my flight left. Because I expected us to win the natty. I had a great time there but I left disappointed because we lost. I'm still a huge fan of Woodson & the program. But I can be a huge fan & still be disappointed.

Each fan sets their own expectations. Some fans just want to see Baylor win games..they don't care about titles. And some of us want to be the very best. You set.your own expectations but get upset when someone has loftier goals & expectations than you do. It is my cross to bare if we don't meet my expectations & it is yours cross to bare if don't mee yours.

Do you & I'll do me. I don't donate to Baylor to simply compete. I donate to see natties overflowing from the trophy case.
lookin4awin
lookin4awin said:

T-REX said:

lookin4awin said:

T-REX said:

lookin4awin said:

Wbbfan29 said:

Not trying to do you, just trying to put your post into perspective. I obviously give a different connotation to underachieving.. I don't perceive UConn and Stanford and other similarly well funded programs as underachievers when they don't win the ring. I consider the fans of all the top five programs to be fortunate to have that quality of basketball at their University. Some years the ball bounces your way in later rounds of the tournament, some years it doesn't. Some years you have injuries some you don't. Some years you have to run off players who can't follow the rules, some years you don't. When you roll out the stats of our prior coaches success at Baylor, the last word I would use is "underachieving." This is how I will do me. Obviously we differ. Cheers.
T-REX
lookin4awin said:

lookin4awin said:

T-REX said:

lookin4awin said:

T-REX said:

lookin4awin said:

Wbbfan29 said:

Not trying to do you, just trying to put your post into perspective. I obviously give a different connotation to underachieving.. I don't perceive UConn and Stanford and other similarly well funded programs as underachievers when they don't win the ring. I consider the fans of all the top five programs to be fortunate to have that quality of basketball at their University. Some years the ball bounces your way in later rounds of the tournament, some years it doesn't. Some years you have injuries some you don't. Some years you have to run off players who can't follow the rules, some years you don't. When you roll out the stats of our prior coaches success at Baylor, the last word I would use is "underachieving." This is how I will do me. Obviously we differ. Cheers.
previous staffs,which I don't even remember as I was born in 91, didn't underachieve. They didn't do anything lol. You have to attest achieve to be under or over haha
Baylor MBA 2023
Adriacus Peratuun
Gauging underachieving and overachieving has to be relative to the location & budget of the program.

I think that both of the South Dakota schools annually substantially overachieve given their budgets and locations.
I think Texas and LSU substantially underachieve [for many years] given their budgets and locations.

Mulkey has only coached in great locations for talent. Mulkey started at Baylor with a healthy budget and over the years that budget became the largest in the country. Given those facts, gauging her achievement comes with really high expectations.

3 NCs is nice. 4 FF seems like underachieving [given the # of FF of other top programs]. The biggest issue for me is "how did she perform against the other top programs based upon the "then available" talent. In her years at Baylor, I only recall the LSU game [2005 FF] where I think Mulkey substantially out-coached a far more talented team. On the other hand, I think several Sweet 16/Elite 8 losses came to far less talented teams. I think that 1 NC with Brittney Griner available for 4 years is substantial underachieving [compared to what Auriemma did with Taurasi & Stewart and what Summitt did with Parker].

Ultimately, Baylor easily has the location and budget to expect 5-6 FF appearances per decade and win a couple NCs. Don't think that such a bar is too high given what resources the program is/has been allocated.

sicem45
baylor1984 said:

IowaBear said:

sicem45 said:

baylor1984 said:

How in the hell do you underachieve when you have the second most NC amongst active coaches and the 3rd most all time ? The WBB at Baylor was crap before she came. She built the program and won her first championship in year 5 as a 3 seed defeating 3 number 1's in the process. By winning that early on in her HC coaching career Kim raised expectations way above from what they should have been. Could she have won more NC with Griner, yes she could have but she also won a couple in 05 and 19 with lesser talent. I'll be damn happy in CNC can win 3 NC over the next 20 years.
4 final fours in 20+ years despite massive talent and resource advantages is the definition of underachievement. She is also stagnant, refusing to adapt to changes in the game today. Her offense was very stale which honestly was a giant reason for many of the early exits from the NCAAT. If they were just mediocre from shooting from 3/midrange, they would have advanced to a few more final fours and maybe have another title.

The program was about to take a nose dive once the senior class left as Kim stopped recruiting after that 2018 class. She resorted to transfer portal as she was lazy on the recruiting trail. Hiring Rice to replace Toyelle Wilson was a giant mistake from a recruiting perspective.

I thank LSU for taking Kim off our hands as it was only a matter of time before things took a nose dive.

A program that just won a Natty 2 years ago and was a horrific call from most likely going back to back was about to nose dive ? You're a special kind of stupid. Your hatred for Kim creates irrational thoughts
2 top 10 recruits in 20 plus two top transfers ( one only knows what would have happened if Kamara didn't tear her ACL). 1 top 10 recruit in 21 plus a couple of top transfers. Recruiting was just fine. Kim was using the portal to help supplement her team and keep it old. Men's BB has 5 of it's top 7 players as transfers and it's viewed as visionary and keeping your team old. Kim uses the transfer portal and it's viewed as recruiting is falling off. It's really comical.

Gusters and J. Oliver are not top 10 recruits. Frankly Gusters will be a non factor in college until she gets into decent shape.

Kim gave up recruiting nationally and only relied on instate players outside of Dauda (who was allegedly asking for a release before Kim left)
Eball
Nothing but Kim hate and jealousy 24/7
baylor1984
sicem45 said:

baylor1984 said:

IowaBear said:

sicem45 said:

baylor1984 said:

2 top 10 recruits in 20 plus two top transfers ( one only knows what would have happened if Kamara didn't tear her ACL). 1 top 10 recruit in 21 plus a couple of top transfers. Recruiting was just fine. Kim was using the portal to help supplement her team and keep it old. Men's BB has 5 of it's top 7 players as transfers and it's viewed as visionary and keeping your team old. Kim uses the transfer portal and it's viewed as recruiting is falling off. It's really comical.

Gusters and J. Oliver are not top 10 recruits. Frankly Gusters will be a non factor in college until she gets into decent shape.

Kim gave up recruiting nationally and only relied on instate players outside of Dauda (who was allegedly asking for a release before Kim left)
Sarah #5 Hannah #8 LOL on the giving up on recruiting nationally. Kim came within a hair of getting HVL and went out to Washington multiple times to see her.

2020 Players | Prospects Nation
Eball
So you will tell us when a top 10 recruit is not top 10 when a number 59 recruit is top 10? Kim recruited kids in the top 10 recently and had not trouble signing top 25 talent. Kim was a careful recruiter and was setting herself up for big classes in 22,23and 24 heck we had threads about that and the talent coming not just Maddie and Wagner.
baylor1984
Eball said:

So you will tell us when a top 10 recruit is not top 10 when a number 59 recruit is top 10? Kim recruited kids in the top 10 recently and had not trouble signing top 25 talent. Kim was a careful recruiter and was setting herself up for big classes in 22,23and 24 heck we had threads about that and the talent coming not just Maddie and Wagner.
23 was going to be a monster class.
T-REX
Eball said:

Nothing but Kim hate and jealousy 24/7
nothing AP said in his latest post is kim hate. I'm starting to think that no matter what AP says, if he mentions kim then you will say he is hating on her with those comments. I'm not referring to everything AP has ever said concerning kim but rather that anytime he talks, you seem to label him a 24/7 hater which does nothing for the argument being had.

And this is coming from me. The guy who is 1000% 10000% of the time. When I say your doing to much, you might want to take a step back. I respect all your wbb insight eball but it often comes across that you look to attack anybody that doesn't praise kim 100% of the time despite what points have been raised which works to tarnish the opinions others have of you.

You offer a lot to wbb fans but you can be someone who has all the inside knowledge in the world but if people think you will just go after them if their opinions differ from yours, they won't care to listen to you.

You and AP can disagree on whatever yall want but attacking him when he didn't even attack kim in his above comment doesn't help your side of the aisle on the kim good or bad conversation
Baylor MBA 2023
canoso
T-REX said:

IowaBear said:

if she stays in the game I 100% believe we keep rolling. But even with her injury, we could have won with just better free throw shooting let alone slowing down that crazy run by unconn which forced us to play catch up.the rest of the game. I'm just tired of people blaming the call for our loss when there were other factors that imo had a much larger overall impact on the game. People assume she makes the shot if not fouled or makes the free throws. We won the natty in 19 because ND missed free throws at the end. Can only go off of what actually took place, not what may or may not have had happen if the foul doesn't happen/is called
I'm wondering if our losing the previous season's national defensive POY had anything to do with UConn's 19 unanswered points. Nah, probably not.
Adriacus Peratuun
canoso said:

I'm wondering if our losing the previous season's national defensive POY had anything to do with UConn's 19 unanswered points. Nah, probably not.
Don't think anyone discounts the impact of losing Richards.

Do think most people question calling zero timeouts and Smith getting zero shots during that run.

Bad things happen. People are generally [sports and otherwise] judged on how they respond to adversity.
sicem45
baylor1984 said:

sicem45 said:

baylor1984 said:

IowaBear said:

sicem45 said:

baylor1984 said:

Sarah #5 Hannah #8 LOL on the giving up on recruiting nationally. Kim came within a hair of getting HVL and went out to Washington multiple times to see her.

2020 Players | Prospects Nation

Never mentioned Sarah. Gusters may have been a top 10 caliber player as a sophomore but she gained a lot of weight since then and is not nearly as athletic and mobile as she was before. For her to be in the top 10 by prospect nation is laughable and not up to date with her current skill set/play.

Don't even get me started on all the top prospects in Texas they let out over the last two classes. Rori Harmon, Kyndall Hunter, Ashlon Jackson, Amani Bartlet, Amina Muhammad

Kim is done IMO. LSU just spent a lot of money for not much in return.
T-REX
canoso said:

T-REX said:

IowaBear said:

Not using 1 of 3 available time outs to try & slow the momentum swing is something that should not be ignored. 1 defensive player going out doesn't allow 19 points by itself. Her loss created a gap of course but 4 other starters were there that play defense too. The team did not begin & end with didi & that is in no way a slight at her. Losing a starter like that can create a momentum swing but 19 points? We missed multiple shots during that time. Uconn would have scored regardless with or with did, its basketball. Even bad teams still score against great ones.

Call a time out after 8 or 9 point run & regroup. Also make your free throws but that part is not a gripe towards coaching decisions as kim preached free throws are important. That is simply on the player that missed the shot of course. I just will never understand why no time out was used
Baylor MBA 2023
sicem45
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Gauging underachieving and overachieving has to be relative to the location & budget of the program.

I think that both of the South Dakota schools annually substantially overachieve given their budgets and locations.
I think Texas and LSU substantially underachieve [for many years] given their budgets and locations.

Mulkey has only coached in great locations for talent. Mulkey started at Baylor with a healthy budget and over the years that budget became the largest in the country. Given those facts, gauging her achievement comes with really high expectations.

3 NCs is nice. 4 FF seems like underachieving [given the # of FF of other top programs]. The biggest issue for me is "how did she perform against the other top programs based upon the "then available" talent. In her years at Baylor, I only recall the LSU game [2005 FF] where I think Mulkey substantially out-coached a far more talented team. On the other hand, I think several Sweet 16/Elite 8 losses came to far less talented teams. I think that 1 NC with Brittney Griner available for 4 years is substantial underachieving [compared to what Auriemma did with Taurasi & Stewart and what Summitt did with Parker].

Ultimately, Baylor easily has the location and budget to expect 5-6 FF appearances per decade and win a couple NCs. Don't think that such a bar is too high given what resources the program is/has been allocated.

Exactly, what Kim did wasn't special she can easily be replicated by a decent coach
T-REX
slimecap said:

With the Florida head coaching change ...
Will incoming 2021 freshman Jeriah Warren (Lake Charles LA) stay at UFlorida?
depends on if she wants to leave and if UF gave her a release
Baylor MBA 2023
Eball
T-REX said:

canoso said:

T-REX said:

IowaBear said:

Not using 1 of 3 available time outs to try & slow the momentum swing is something that should not be ignored. 1 defensive player going out doesn't allow 19 points by itself. Her loss created a gap of course but 4 other starters were there that play defense too. The team did not begin & end with didi & that is in no way a slight at her. Losing a starter like that can create a momentum swing but 19 points? We missed multiple shots during that time. Uconn would have scored regardless with or with did, its basketball. Even bad teams still score against great ones.

Call a time out after 8 or 9 point run & regroup. Also make your free throws but that part is not a gripe towards coaching decisions as kim preached free throws are important. That is simply on the player that missed the shot of course. I just will never understand why no time out was used
Everyone forgets the 19-0 run was over two quarters the the 3rd and 4th so there was a break. Will anyone not recognize that UCONN had a pretty good team they got some momentum and made a run it happensthe great thing that is missed because we lost is they did not break usKim rallied the troops without DiDi and gave us a chance to win at the endand had a timeout left to set up the last play which clearly did what it was intended got to the rim with either a make or a foul.I think it was some of the best coaching

Cp2310
We need Mark Vital to put in a word.
Eball
sicem45 said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

Exactly, what Kim did wasn't special she can easily be replicated by a decent coach
It's Waco...I love it because I grew up there but it is not exactly the destination spot of the Nation...certainly Chip and Jo have helped with some name recognition and tourist but not exactly compelling for young people.

people keep talking about budget and and how good it is well would someone show us some actual figures and comparisons to other programs? I would think the athletic Department views this move as to a coaching change a cost savings as a result of the drop in salary for CNC instead of Kim...I mean that is one reason some folks are still perturbed it was seen as a way to save money cut Kim's salary...so I am not sure about the whole budget deal and unlimited resources to compete with all the other Universities out there.
Scout Bear
Bear-Runner said:

Wbbfan29 said:

@woodsa75.... Guess you didn't see this yet....
Boom goes the dynamite.

NEED ANOTHER POST TOO.

Alot to be said about white russians. Helps you get through some of this lengthy stuff.
Processandtrust
BUbearinARK
BUBBFAN
Will this back and forth over Kim ever end!! Lord, it is getting old. She is gone, move on.
Scout Bear
slimecap said:

Scout Bear said:

Take a charge;
play whack a mole defense

I have a granddaughter who is like this.
blueeyedbear
Eball said:

sicem45 said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

It's Waco...I love it because I grew up there but it is not exactly the destination spot of the Nation...certainly Chip and Jo have helped with some name recognition and tourist but not exactly compelling for young people.

people keep talking about budget and and how good it is well would someone show us some actual figures and comparisons to other programs? I would think the athletic Department views this move as to a coaching change a cost savings as a result of the drop in salary for CNC instead of Kim...I mean that is one reason some folks are still perturbed it was seen as a way to save money cut Kim's salary...so I am not sure about the whole budget deal and unlimited resources to compete with all the other Universities out there.
Kim decided to leave. Her salary was not in the discussion. CNC salary is less its business...If she buts butts in the seats and continues to fill the trophy case, her players graduate and more banners are hung her salary will increase commensurate with her success

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.