Hearing Baylor in the mix/leads for transfer Lavender Briggs from Florida

29,441 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wbbfan29
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Look up 4 posts
Eball
That was like three days ago! No source given plus it has been a bit dead trying to pick things up.
Eball
Ok I am sure this has been discussed somewhere else but can someone help me out and remind me what the deadline would be for a player to transfer to BU and be eligible to play this year's season? Is there like an enrollment cut off day? I know there may be other reasons they could not play perhaps but as a general rule when would they have to be at Baylor and in classes to be eligible? It seems the time is running out? School starts in August right?
br53
Eball said:

Ok I am sure this has been discussed somewhere else but can someone help me out and remind me what the deadline would be for a player to transfer to BU and be eligible to play this year's season? Is there like an enrollment cut off day? I know there may be other reasons they could not play perhaps but as a general rule when would they have to be at Baylor and in classes to be eligible? It seems the time is running out? School starts in August right?
Allegedly the day for them to be eligible was July1 (or close to it) but since the coach was let go that could change things. I think you have to be here by the first day of class and be enrolled if memory serves me. School does start in August. All these new rules and changes are hard to keep up with, it seems like there is a new rule on transfers or NIL every week.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
Eball
br53 said:

Eball said:

Allegedly the day for them to be eligible was July1 (or close to it) but since the coach was let go that could change things. I think you have to be here by the first day of class and be enrolled if memory serves me. School does start in August. All these new rules and changes are hard to keep up with, it seems like there is a new rule on transfers or NIL every week.
While I am really pleased with the 9 players we have... I still would like a few more bodies and I just don't know if there are any players out there that could transfer and join us for next year what are the realistic possibilities? Briggs would be awesome no doubt...maybe another one or two from Florida?
br53
Eball said:

br53 said:

Eball said:

While I am really pleased with the 9 players we have... I still would like a few more bodies and I just don't know if there are any players out there that could transfer and join us for next year what are the realistic possibilities? Briggs would be awesome no doubt...maybe another one or two from Florida?
I hope so.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
Dcheetah
If you remember T'ea Cooper was reportedly coming our way but it was weeks before she could visit and I suspect the same thing is happening with Lavender. Will be surprised if she doesn't visit and commit soon in the next timeliness needed to beat the August deadline if she is coming and wants to have a chance to play in the fall. Almost no one posts their sources on this stuff. We will see.
BBWCBear
With BU being on the verge of maybe not having a Conference affiliation (no one may want us), will this affect these young ladies decisions?

And here we were bickering over losing a HOF coach and questioning the replacement a few weeks ago. How things have changed.
bawitdaball
Dcheetah said:

If you remember T'ea Cooper was reportedly coming our way but it was weeks before she could visit and I suspect the same thing is happening with Lavender. Will be surprised if she doesn't visit and commit soon in the next timeliness needed to beat the August deadline if she is coming and wants to have a chance to play in the fall. Almost no one posts their sources on this stuff. We will see.

You can't officially transfer until you've been accepted into the university by admissions. It's all a process. I know nothing about this recruit specifically, but transfers have often long since committed when they officially announce publicly.
Dcheetah
Not good news if true...Lavender retweeted this.

Eball
sicem45 said:

Take it for what its worth. Nicki is about to take this program to another level.
so what are you hearing?
Wbbfan29
Yeah I noticed that Briggs unfollowed Collen on Instagram.
SirBearALot
I bet we go further in the playoffs than Florida!!!
Bear-Runner
All I will say is that CNC found out that "All that glitters ain't Gold." GREAT talent but I think we'll be good without her.
Wbbfan29
Im pretty sure working in the WNBA she already knew that but we still have one hell of a team. There are some people that are rather be the only star than be on a team of stars. Either way Baylor will be great.
BUatbirth
Something new to consider. I'd guess 8 of 10 times, a player looking to transfer will see greater NIL dollars staying put due to more local name recognition. As has been pointed out, Lavender is the big name at Florida.
She could be staying put for that reason alone. Just a new wrinkle in college athletics.
Wbbfan29
Very true. Baylor will be fine regardless. Good luck to her.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.