Deconstructing from Fundamental Christianity

62,474 Views | 1255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasScientist
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

You know, adherents to Islam share your same types of views. Have you ever considered the effects of being raised and living in a particualr culture on one's psyche and views of reality?
You do love the sound go your own voice, this is true. But it doesn't change the fact you're an apostate eugenicist that mistakes an asinine arrogance for intelligence and curiosity and consider yourself a "sage" for it.

And it is you who share much in common with Islam, since you think you can redefine Christ on your own terms as they do and be comfortable with that.

You're a really insipid cliche.

At least be a compelling troll and heretic, right now you're just a bore.

Have you considered that you're not a compelling and thoughtful scholar or anthropologist as you posture on the internet to be?
First of all, you are misrepresenting what I believe and are bearing false witness against me. Something a real Christian is admonished not to do. I'm not a eugenicist, never have I endorsed the concept, and I don't believe in its merits. Maybe you should consider if Satan is directing your thoughts.

I haven't redefined Christ on any terms. Christians regularly do that. Ergo all of the various Christian sects and beliefs now and in the past, and the historic evolution of Christianity and various Christian beliefs.

I don't think there is a reliably consistent definition of who he was, or what he taught, outside of broad general statements. I just point out the obvious flaws and antilogy. Those are more than objectively compelling on their own.

Unquestionably following a cultural belief, or cult should be a concern for any society.
First of all you're a disingenuous hack, no amount of repeating yourself redeems the fact you're not just incorrect, but arrogantly stupid.

Second of all, I do not care what you have to say about much of anything as your presuppositional understanding of the world is eugenicist and satanic.

The fact you think you're an authority about any of the topics at hand proves you're anything but scientific, just a mindless ideologue with an internet connection.

Your vitriol confirms my point.
Ursus Americanus
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

You know, adherents to Islam share your same types of views. Have you ever considered the effects of being raised and living in a particualr culture on one's psyche and views of reality?
You do love the sound go your own voice, this is true. But it doesn't change the fact you're an apostate eugenicist that mistakes an asinine arrogance for intelligence and curiosity and consider yourself a "sage" for it.

And it is you who share much in common with Islam, since you think you can redefine Christ on your own terms as they do and be comfortable with that.

Have you considered that you're not a compelling and thoughtful scholar or anthropologist as you posture on the internet to be?
First of all, you are misrepresenting what I believe and are bearing false witness against me. Something a real Christian is admonished not to do. I'm not a eugenicist, never have I endorsed the concept, and I don't believe in its merits. Maybe you should consider if Satan is directing your thoughts.

I haven't redefined Christ on any terms. Christians regularly do that. Ergo all of the various Christian sects and beliefs now and in the past, and the historic evolution of Christianity and various Christian beliefs.

I don't think there is a reliably consistent definition of who he was, or what he taught, outside of broad general statements. I just point out the obvious flaws and antilogy. Those are more than objectively compelling on their own.

Unquestionably following a cultural belief, or cult should be a concern for any society.
First of all you're a disingenuous hack, no amount of repeating yourself redeems the fact you're not just incorrect, but arrogantly stupid.

Second of all, I do not care what you have to say about much of anything as your presuppositional understanding of the world is eugenicist and satanic.

The fact you think you're an authority about any of the topics at hand proves you're anything but scientific, just a mindless ideologue with an internet connection.

Having contempt for your arrogance and stupidity is simply a byproduct directed at how contemptible you are, not a confirmation of anything else.

You could get a bullet in your face and it wouldn't lessen your brain power at this juncture.
BusyTarpDuster2017
TexasScientist said:

Quote:

I'm not sure about the archaeology - maybe p75? - but you could get a rousing debate going between Bart Ehrman and Bart Ehrman:

https://crossexamined.org/is-the-new-testament-reliable-erhman-refutes-ehrman/

I'm somewhat familiar with this. As I recall. There was an attempt to misread/misinterpret Ehrman's views in an attempt to manufacture/create an erroneous conflict or controversy. Ehrman later made a lengthy explanation to address the misrepresentation. Basically, it centers around whether essential Christian beliefs are affected by textual variants. Metzger and Ehrman say no. Not because there are no contradictions, or questions, but because there is enough vagueness, ability to read into or to interpret implications into other text in order to argue for the point. For instance, the doctrine of the Trinity. It's apparent that reference is not original in the text. If you exclude it, does that mean you can't find or combine other NT text in order to infer or argue a trinity? Ehrman says no. You can always read into something what may or may not be there. Ehrman poses the question, are there significant textual variants that call into question Christian doctrine? He says absolutely. If you threw those out, would that change any Christian doctrine. He says probably not, because of what I described above.
So, Ehrman doesn't believe the textual variants necessarily change essential Christian doctrine, and that based on textual criticism, we have a very good idea today what the original documents said.

This flies in the face of what he (and you, his accolyte) has repeatedly said, to the effect of "we don't know what the original authors said, because it's been copied and copied and copied...."
Waco1947
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Having contempt for your arrogance and stupidity is simply a byproduct directed at how contemptible you are, not a confirmation of anything else.

You could get a bullet in your face and it wouldn't lessen your brain power at this juncture.
Name calling? Sounds like lost the argument and simply have ad hominem attacks
Waco1947
Ursus Americanus
Waco1947 said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Name calling? Sounds like lost the argument and simply have ad hominem attacks
Oh look another apostate coming to blasphemy Christ and say it's mean to call them the snakes they are.
TexasScientist
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Quote:

I'm not sure about the archaeology - maybe p75? - but you could get a rousing debate going between Bart Ehrman and Bart Ehrman:

I'm somewhat familiar with this. As I recall. There was an attempt to misread/misinterpret Ehrman's views in an attempt to manufacture/create an erroneous conflict or controversy. Ehrman later made a lengthy explanation to address the misrepresentation. Basically, it centers around whether essential Christian beliefs are affected by textual variants. Metzger and Ehrman say no. Not because there are no contradictions, or questions, but because there is enough vagueness, ability to read into or to interpret implications into other text in order to argue for the point. For instance, the doctrine of the Trinity. It's apparent that reference is not original in the text. If you exclude it, does that mean you can't find or combine other NT text in order to infer or argue a trinity? Ehrman says no. You can always read into something what may or may not be there. Ehrman poses the question, are there significant textual variants that call into question Christian doctrine? He says absolutely. If you threw those out, would that change any Christian doctrine. He says probably not, because of what I described above.
So, Ehrman doesn't believe the textual variants necessarily change essential Christian doctrine, and that based on textual criticism, we have a very good idea today what the original documents said.

This flies in the face of what he (and you, his accolyte) has repeatedly said, to the effect of "we don't know what the original authors said, because it's been copied and copied and copied...."
That's what you want me to say, not what I said.
TexasScientist
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Words inspired by the Holy Spirit through you no doubt.
Ursus Americanus
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Words inspired by the Holy Spirit through you know doubt.
Again, I'm not interested in the snark of a satanist, you're an ******* in general, but your insufferable arrogance needs no audience.
Osodecentx
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Again, I'm not interested in the snark of a satanist, you're an ******* in general, but your insufferable arrogance needs no audience.
Your posts make me question whether you are a Christian. God doesn't need an angry, vengeful junior Holy Spirit.

Rest a few days
LIB,MR BEARS
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

strictly my personal opinion but, I believe the fact that a Christian must humble themselves to even admit they need a savior is where TS became hesitant and started looking for escape routes.

But what do I know? TS will know for sure whether he wants to say or not.

I do find it odd at how much time and effort he puts into debunking what he believes carries no more weight than a ferry tell.
Ursus Americanus
Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Your posts make me question whether you are a Christian. God doesn't need an angry, vengeful junior Holy Spirit.

Rest a few days
That idiotic assertion speaks to someone with a pretty shallow biblical knowledge and apparently little understanding of the words and rebukes of Christ, Paul and the Reformers.

Thou shalt be nice to liars and deceivers instead of rebuking them is an alternate gospel.

You can keep your impotent gospel of winsomeness, it'll win you neither praise from heretics or align you with good theology.
Ursus Americanus
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

strictly my personal opinion but, I believe the fact that a Christian must humble themselves to even admit they need a savior is where TS became hesitant and started looking for escape routes.

I do find it odd at how much time and effort he puts into debunking what he believes carries no more weight than a ferry tell.
He's an arrogant pseudo intellectual looking for an audience, that's what a pseudo intellectual craves.
Osodecentx
Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Rest a few days
That idiotic assertion speaks to someone with a pretty shallow biblical knowledge and apparently little understanding of the words and rebukes of Christ, Paul and the Reformers.

Thou shalt be nice to liars and deceivers instead of rebuking them is an alternate gospel.

You can keep your impotent gospel of winsomeness, it'll win you neither praise from heretics or align you with good theology.
Sorry we're not in the same church. Didn't Christ die for liars and deceivers?

Osodecentx
Ursus Americanus said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

He's an arrogant pseudo intellectual looking for an audience, that's what a pseudo intellectual craves.
Said the pseudo-Christian
Ursus Americanus
Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Rest a few days

Sorry we're not in the same church. Didn't Christ die for liars and deceivers?

You apparently don't understand rebuke, and no He didn't die for the unrepentant
Ursus Americanus
Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

You can't even keep up with your own theology and standards, where's the winsomeness? And didn't Christ die for the pseudo Christian?
BusyTarpDuster2017
TexasScientist said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Quote:

This is from the thread entitled, "The Word of/by/about God?" - you wrote:

"...It's not until years later that you have what's purported to be a complete copy of anything, and even those are not the same. They are copies of copies of copies etc.There are discrepancies, errors, omissions and additions...

....It is for these reasons that no one can know what the originals actually said, and it is for these reason that they cannot be relied upon as the original text. There simply is no way to know the original text."

https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/45768/2

So, pretty much exactly what you said.
Osodecentx
Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

You can't even keep up with your own theology and standards, where's the winsomeness? And didn't Christ die for the pseudo Christian?
I certainly can't keep up with your works based theology or standards. Nobody can
Ursus Americanus
Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

I certainly can't keep up with your works based theology or standards. Nobody can
Good grief you're an insufferable busy body tilting at windmills. Inferring the asinine when it is you who proclaimed universalism.

Apparently repenting and trusting in Christ is works based theology, and clearly you're a Pharisee that thinks yours are superior, you don't do irony well.

You can't decide if Christ died for everyone or if you have to be nice to liars and facilitate their lying to prove you're Christian.
LIB,MR BEARS
A question for both of you: Does Christ wear a referee's whistle or is he more of a WWE ref?

At this point, each of you should ask yourselves, what is to be gained and what is to be lost with this public conversation? I would suggest thinking outside of your own personal views and see things as an outsider might.

The board is set up so that y'all can send personal messages and insults back and forth and make this "theology" discussion private
Osodecentx
LIB,MR BEARS said:

A question for both of you: Does Christ wear a referee's whistle or is he more of a WWE ref? No

At this point, each of you should ask yourselves, what is to be gained and what is to be lost with this public conversation? Disrepute on Christ and His Gospel
I would suggest thinking outside of your own personal views and see things as an outsider might. Agreed

The board is set up so that y'all can send personal messages and insults back and forth and make this "theology" discussion private Yes it is
Thanks. I should have PM'ed
LIB,MR BEARS
Osodecentx said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

A question for both of you: Does Christ wear a referee's whistle or is he more of a WWE ref? No

At this point, each of you should ask yourselves, what is to be gained and what is to be lost with this public conversation? Disrepute on Christ and His Gospel
I would suggest thinking outside of your own personal views and see things as an outsider might. Agreed

The board is set up so that y'all can send personal messages and insults back and forth and make this "theology" discussion private Yes it is
Thanks. I should have PM'ed
PM sent to you.
Thanks!
Oldbear83
LIB,MR BEARS said:

A question for both of you: Does Christ wear a referee's whistle or is he more of a WWE ref?

At this point, each of you should ask yourselves, what is to be gained and what is to be lost with this public conversation? I would suggest thinking outside of your own personal views and see things as an outsider might.

The board is set up so that y'all can send personal messages and insults back and forth and make this "theology" discussion private
Some post for the entertainment value, and some post in the belief they can "win" the debate through force of will.

With that said, however, I do think some disagreement is a good thing. The New Testament has a number of verses where Paul mentions disagreements with other people, including Peter, after all.

The spirit is what matters, and most of us make obvious what spirit moves us to post.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
TexasScientist
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

^^^ more fruits of the Spirit I guess? By definition, you have to believe in Satan to be a Satanist. Curious, do you believe your witness is more Christlike or Satanistic?
TexasScientist
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Quote:

This is from the thread entitled, "The Word of/by/about God?" - you wrote:

"...It's not until years later that you have what's purported to be a complete copy of anything, and even those are not the same. They are copies of copies of copies etc.There are discrepancies, errors, omissions and additions...

....It is for these reasons that no one can know what the originals actually said, and it is for these reason that they cannot be relied upon as the original text. There simply is no way to know the original text."

https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/45768/2

So, pretty much exactly what you said.
The question is about Ehrman's comments on doctrine, which I explained as I understand him. For example, if you leave out certain texts which were added much later, such as the Trinity, there are other ways, if someone is so motivated, to read into or construe indirectly the a doctrine of the Trinity. Textual criticism does not rule out any interpretation of Christian doctrine using the more commonly accepted versions of the NT. He says that doesn't mean textual differences are insignificant. As I understand him, that is all he is saying. I wouldn't read much more than that into what he saying.
TexasScientist
Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Rest a few days

... get back to the good old days of witch trials, inquisitions, with some torture thrown in for good measure?
Ursus Americanus
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

^^^ more fruits of the Spirit I guess? By definition, you have to believe in Satan to be a Satanist. Curious, do you believe your witness is more Christlike or Satanistic?
What you don't really seem to comprehend is that you're a detestable light weight. There are compelling atheists and non Christians in the world full of wit and charm and stimulating inquisitive conversation, you're not among them.

You're just a run of the mill arrogant ******* with Wi-Fi.
Ursus Americanus
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Rest a few days

... get back to the good old days of witch trials, inquisitions, with some torture thrown in for good measure?
Seeming you're a modern day eugenicist you have a lot more in common with superstition and witchcraft than anyone here you're yelling at.
TexasScientist
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Rest a few days

Seeming you're a modern day eugenicist you have a lot more in common with superstition and witchcraft than anyone here you're yelling at.
Seems to me you're the one yelling. For some reason you're fixated on eugenics. I'm concerned you may have latent Nazi/fascist ideas about genetic alteration of populations you deem undesirable. Superstition, and witchcraft are all part of religious mythology. You have to believe in that stuff for commonality.
TexasScientist
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

What you don't really seem to comprehend is that you're a detestable light weight. There are compelling atheists and non Christians in the world full of wit and charm and stimulating inquisitive conversation, you're not among them.

More of the love of Christ, huh? You'll know them by their fruit as I recall.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Tend to your own fruit. Seems to be rotten.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Ursus Americanus
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

The whole point is why is an unscholarly self proclaimed keyboard intellectual posturing about Jesus after going out of their way to say Christ is a liar now you want to appeal to him?

Positively schizo.
Ursus Americanus
TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Rest a few days

Seems to me you're the one yelling. For some reason you're fixated on eugenics. I'm concerned you may have latent Nazi/fascist ideas about genetic alteration of populations you deem undesirable. Superstition, and witchcraft are all part of religious mythology. You have to believe in that stuff for commonality.
They're ingrained in the eugenics you promote for sure, and it is proper to call it a religious zeal and belief you have in them.

And you're here to proselytize.
TexasScientist
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

The whole point is why is an unscholarly self proclaimed keyboard intellectual posturing about Jesus after going out of their way to say Christ is a liar now you want to appeal to him?

Positively schizo.
Never called him a liar.
TexasScientist
Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Ursus Americanus said:

TexasScientist said:

Like I said….

Rest a few days

They're ingrained in the eugenics you promote for sure, and it is proper to call it a religious zeal and belief you have in them.

And you're here to proselytize.
You're the one promoting eugenics. Ok, so you're a religious zealot. I can agree with you on that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.