Thank you President Biden Inflation is down.

8,069 Views | 187 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Waco1947
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RMF630 "Ok, electric was deemed the winner through marketing. Elon had more to do with electric being pushed than.it being a better tech than.Hydrogen. EV is an environmental disaster on par with fossil fuels, REM mining, battery disposal, hazardous material and emergency materials nightmare. So, we are putting carbon, which is not even the biggest greenhouse gas issue (methane). So, the Biden plan is more marketing than doing anything to curb climate change or respond to it."

"Myth #1: Electric vehicles are worse for the climate than gasoline cars because of the power plant emissions.

• FACT: Electric vehicles typically have a smaller carbon footprint than gasoline cars, even when accounting for the electricity used for charging.

Electric vehicles (EVs) have no tailpipe emissions. Generating the electricity used to charge EVs, however, may create carbon pollution. The amount varies widely based on how local power is generated, e.g., using coal or natural gas, which emit carbon pollution, versus renewable resources like wind or solar, which do not. Even accounting for these electricity emissions, research shows that an EV is typically responsible for lower levels of greenhouse gases (GHGs) than an average new gasoline car. To the extent that more renewable energy sources like wind and solar are used to generate electricity, the total GHGs associated with EVs could be even lower. (In 2020, renewables became the second-most prevalent U.S. electricity source.1 ) Learn more about electricity production in your area by visiting EPA's Power Profiler interactive web page. By simply inputting your zip code, you can find the energy mix in your region.
    EPA and DOE's Beyond Tailpipe Emissions Calculator can help you estimate the greenhouse gas emissions associated with charging and driving an EV or a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) where you live. You can select an EV or PHEV model and type in your zip code to see the CO2 emissions and how they stack up against those associated with a gasoline car.
  • The EPA
Waco1947
MuddyB "The term fossil fuels is a misnomer bc oil doesnt come from dead dinosaurs. Carbon isnt harmful to us and doesn't cause climate change. We are all made out of carbon."

My apologies - Carbon dioxide.

Carbon Dioxide

Carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas contributing to recent climate change. Carbon dioxide enters the atmosphere through burning fossil fuels, solid waste, trees, and other biological materials, and as a result of certain chemical reactions, such as cement manufacturing. Carbon dioxide is absorbed and emitted naturally as part of the carbon cycle, through plant and animal respiration, volcanic eruptions, and ocean-atmosphere exchange.
The Carbon Cycle
The carbon cycle is the process by which carbon continually moves from the atmosphere to the earth and then back to the atmosphere. On the earth, carbon is stored in rocks, sediments, the ocean, and in living organisms. Carbon is released back into the atmosphere when plants and animals die, as well as when fires burn, volcanoes erupt, and fossil fuels (such as coal, natural gas, and oil) are combusted. The carbon cycle ensures there is a balanced concentration of carbon in the different reservoirs on the planet. But a change in the amount of carbon in one reservoir affects all the others. Today, people are disturbing the carbon cycle by burning fossil fuels, which release large amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, and through land use changes that remove plants, which absorb carbon from the atmosphere.
EPA
J.R.
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Thank you President Biden -- unemployment remains low.

Of course he's not totally responsible because the economy is massive but you guys were all praise for T for the same nonsense

Hypocrites
The U.S. economy added 263,000 jobs in November, beating estimates of 200,000 jobs.

This number represents a dip from October, which saw an increase of 284,000 jobs and from September, which saw an increase of 269,000 jobs, according to a newly revised figure from the Bureau of Labor Statistics on Friday.
I agree but it is not Biden's to control.
He isn't helping. For 2 years now they have been saying they are gonna shut down the oil and gas industry. Name one thing that is not produced with oil and gas products?
Has Biden shut it down? NO, he pushing alternative energies which is a good thing. Oil and gas guys should invest in these new energies rather than fighting them.
and just *** are you talking about? We are in different businesses. Why would we invest heavily in alternative energy? Why in the hell do you think the price is so high? We are not investing at any substantial amount when your boy Biden and the rest of those clowns want eliminate fossil fuels? uh...no.. It doesn't work that way. Then ole Joe say, hey guys....we need more production, but we are going to eliminate your business. Do you have any idea how many American Jobs reside in the Oil and Gas Industry? It is obvious that you don't! Yeah, I'm going to invest in something I know nothing about. Wut? Yeah, maybe we should get behind some lovely solar or those lovely wind turbines that litter all around my ranch which has destroyed the topography in w. Texas. Oh, and the don't run when there is no wind. Great idea!
Waco1947
J.R. said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Of course he's not totally responsible because the economy is massive but you guys were all praise for T for the same nonsense

Hypocrites
The U.S. economy added 263,000 jobs in November, beating estimates of 200,000 jobs.

This number represents a dip from October, which saw an increase of 284,000 jobs and from September, which saw an increase of 269,000 jobs, according to a newly revised figure from the Bureau of Labor Statistics on Friday.
He isn't helping. For 2 years now they have been saying they are gonna shut down the oil and gas industry. Name one thing that is not produced with oil and gas products?
Has Biden shut it down? NO, he pushing alternative energies which is a good thing. Oil and gas guys should invest in these new energies rather than fighting them.
and just *** are you talking about? We are in different businesses. Why would we invest heavily in alternative energy? Why in the hell do you think the price is so high? We are not investing at any substantial amount when your boy Biden and the rest of those clowns want eliminate fossil fuels? uh...no.. It doesn't work that way. Then ole Joe say, hey guys....we need more production, but we are going to eliminate your business. Do you have any idea how many American Jobs reside in the Oil and Gas Industry? It is obvious that you don't! Yeah, I'm going to invest in something I know nothing about. Wut? Yeah, maybe we should get behind some lovely solar or those lovely wind turbines that litter all around my ranch which has destroyed the topography in w. Texas. Oh, and the don't run when there is no wind. Great idea!
I was invited to have a discussion. Apparently you missed that post. Your language is not conducive to dialog. So try again with some civility..
J.R.
Waco1947 said:

J.R. said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Hypocrites

I was invited to have a discussion. Apparently you missed that post. Your language is not conducive to dialog. So try again with some civility..
oh, sorry little fella didn't mean to offend with the W.T.F. moniker. The rest of what I said are nothing nut facts from someone who lives it daily. Please refute anything I commented on.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

J.R. said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Hypocrites

Let's Go Brandon!!!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
FLBear5630
Waco1947 said:

RMF630 "Ok, electric was deemed the winner through marketing. Elon had more to do with electric being pushed than.it being a better tech than.Hydrogen. EV is an environmental disaster on par with fossil fuels, REM mining, battery disposal, hazardous material and emergency materials nightmare. So, we are putting carbon, which is not even the biggest greenhouse gas issue (methane). So, the Biden plan is more marketing than doing anything to curb climate change or respond to it."

"Myth #1: Electric vehicles are worse for the climate than gasoline cars because of the power plant emissions.

• FACT: Electric vehicles typically have a smaller carbon footprint than gasoline cars, even when accounting for the electricity used for charging.

Electric vehicles (EVs) have no tailpipe emissions. Generating the electricity used to charge EVs, however, may create carbon pollution. The amount varies widely based on how local power is generated, e.g., using coal or natural gas, which emit carbon pollution, versus renewable resources like wind or solar, which do not. Even accounting for these electricity emissions, research shows that an EV is typically responsible for lower levels of greenhouse gases (GHGs) than an average new gasoline car. To the extent that more renewable energy sources like wind and solar are used to generate electricity, the total GHGs associated with EVs could be even lower. (In 2020, renewables became the second-most prevalent U.S. electricity source.1 ) Learn more about electricity production in your area by visiting EPA's Power Profiler interactive web page. By simply inputting your zip code, you can find the energy mix in your region.
    EPA and DOE's Beyond Tailpipe Emissions Calculator can help you estimate the greenhouse gas emissions associated with charging and driving an EV or a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) where you live. You can select an EV or PHEV model and type in your zip code to see the CO2 emissions and how they stack up against those associated with a gasoline car.
  • The EPA

There is more to the environment than carbon. You can reduce Carbon and still make the environment worse. The climate crowd is too focused on carbon and not enough about the rest of the equation.
4th and Inches
Environmental damage from collecting necessary materials for making batteries.. global envirnmental disaster. solar panels are hazardous waste..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Canada2017
J.R. said:

Waco1947 said:

J.R. said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Hypocrites

oh, sorry little fella didn't mean to offend with the W.T.F. moniker. The rest of what I said are nothing nut facts from someone who lives it daily. Please refute anything I commented on.

JR

Do you still believe oil will approach 90 dollars a barrel within the next 2-5 months ?

If not…what are your revised projections ?

So far gas has been cheaper than I since the mid terms .

Waco1947
J.R. said:

Waco1947 said:

J.R. said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Hypocrites

Why should I refute a condescending poster like you? It just invites more abuse. So quit being a jerk about it and in a civil manner
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Environmental damage from collecting necessary materials for making batteries.. global environmental disaster. solar panels are hazardous waste..
Right now they are an environmental problem but American smarts and innovations will solve the problems with it. As solar and wind come on line more and more we rely less and less on oil and gas.Scientists are smarter in that area than me and will solve it.
Waco1947
Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

J.R. said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Hypocrites

Let's Go Brandon!!!!!
Quote:

Let's Go Brandon!!!!! Fail. Drop the jerkiness as others have done
Waco1947
RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

There is more to the environment than carbon. You can reduce Carbon and still make the environment worse. The climate crowd is too focused on carbon and not enough about the rest of the equation.
Quote:

Waste from end-of-life solar panels presents opportunities to recover valuable materials and create jobs through recycling. According to the International Renewable Energy Agency, by 2030, the cumulative value of recoverable raw materials from end-of-life panels globally will be about $450 million, which is equivalent to the cost of raw materials currently needed to produce about 60 million new panels. Diverting solar panels from landfills to recycling saves space in landfills in addition to capturing the value of the raw materials.
FLBear5630
Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

Quote:

Waste from end-of-life solar panels presents opportunities to recover valuable materials and create jobs through recycling. According to the International Renewable Energy Agency, by 2030, the cumulative value of recoverable raw materials from end-of-life panels globally will be about $450 million, which is equivalent to the cost of raw materials currently needed to produce about 60 million new panels. Diverting solar panels from landfills to recycling saves space in landfills in addition to capturing the value of the raw materials.

Would you like me to use studies from the American Petroleum Institute?
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Environmental damage from collecting necessary materials for making batteries.. global environmental disaster. solar panels are hazardous waste..
Right now they are an environmental problem but American smarts and innovations will solve the problems with it. As solar and wind come on line more and more we rely less and less on oil and gas.Scientists are smarter in that area than me and will solve it.
ok..

Hope they are smarter than these guys
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

ok..

What I don't get is there can be no compromise, phased approach, no combination. It has to be all right now even if the tech and resources are not there. That is the problem. This is a movement by zealots.
Waco1947
RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

Quote:

Yes
Waco1947
RMF5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

ok..

What I don't get is there can be no compromise, phased approach, no combination. It has to be all right now even if the tech and resources are not there. That is the problem. This is a movement by zealots.
What's your proof it's all or nothings BG?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

J.R. said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Hypocrites

Let's Go Brandon!!!!!
Quote:

Let's Go Brandon!!!!! Fail. Drop the jerkiness as others have done
I identify as non-Bidenary.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
FLBear5630
Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

Quote:

Yes
So, it really doesn't matter what the source is as long as it supports your narrative? You are using Studies from a Renewable Energy Agency to validate the that renewable energy will be beneficial? The whole purpose of this "agency" is to accelerate the deployment of renewables. You don't see anything wrong with that picture?

quash
muddybrazos said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Hypocrites

Then let's have a real discussion on what them. Not just media fluff that all alts are good and all fossil fuel is bad. Electric is not the panacea they make it to be,
Let's have that discussion. I will go first. Fossil fuel emissions are choking us to death. Climate change is real BUT in the meantime we are stuck with fossil fuels. We need them as transition to to cleam fuels and the means to produce them.
To reduce carbon emissions plant more trees let the Fed protect our trees on national lands
Stop demonizing and spreading false information green plans for a cleaner plant.

The term fossil fuels is a misnomer bc oil doesnt come from dead dinosaurs. Carbon isnt harmful to us and doesnt cause climate change. We are all made out of carbon.

Oil doesn't come from fossilized dinosaurs.

Carbon can be harmful to us, but it also fuels us as a carbohydrate.

Carbon forcing leads to higher temps.

Yes, we are carbon-based life forms. That has absolutely nothing to do with a discussion of energy policy.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Waco1947
RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

Quote:

Yes
So, it really doesn't matter what the source is as long as it supports your narrative? You are using Studies from a Renewable Energy Agency to validate the that renewable energy will be beneficial? The whole purpose of this "agency" is to accelerate the deployment of renewables. You don't see anything wrong with that picture? Why not accelerate its deployment. We are warming rapidly.

And your source says, "Drill at all costs." I tend to trust mine more than yours because yours is funded by the oil and gas industry.
FLBear5630
Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

Quote:

Yes
So, it really doesn't matter what the source is as long as it supports your narrative? You are using Studies from a Renewable Energy Agency to validate the that renewable energy will be beneficial? The whole purpose of this "agency" is to accelerate the deployment of renewables. You don't see anything wrong with that picture? Why not accelerate its deployment. We are warming rapidly.

And your source says, "Drill at all costs." I tend to trust mine more than yours because yours is funded by the oil and gas industry.

Actually, I could care less. It is still four wheels on the road, EV is just a matter of propulsion. My concern is the practicality of trying to actually implement this in a knee jerk method all in the name of save the planet and the Government selection of winners and losers. What sounds easy in a sound bite and political platform is a nightmare in real life, people do not think about the scale of what they are asking.
LIB,MR BEARS
RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

Quote:

Yes

Actually, I could care less. It is still four wheels on the road, EV is just a matter of propulsion. My concern is the practicality of trying to actually implement this in a knee jerk method all in the name of save the planet and the Government selection of winners and losers. What sounds easy in a sound bite and political platform is a nightmare in real life, people do not think about the scale of what they are asking.
People like 47 want all the pollution and destruction to be hidden in the more impoverished parts of the world so they don't have to see it and think about it.
quash
RMF5630 said:

Energy and a few dozen other places.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
FLBear5630
quash said:

RMF5630 said:

Your point?
quash
RMF5630 said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

Your point?

I share your concern, and across a broader range of issues.
FLBear5630
quash said:

RMF5630 said:

quash said:

RMF5630 said:

Your point?

I share your concern, and across a broader range of issues.

Oh, I am there with you. This is just the most visible right now. Too many zealots with agendas, not enough people solving problems.
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

Quote:

Yes

People like 47 want all the pollution and destruction to be hidden in the more impoverished parts of the world so they don't have to see it and think about it.
You just make up stuff don't you? I was asked to dialogue. Your statement is simply immature not dialogical.
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

Quote:

Yes

You just make up stuff don't you? I was asked to dialogue. Your statement is simply immature not dialogical.
you say "dialogical" , I describe what you and others advocate for as diabolical. At least it rhymes.

All the pollution is hidden on the far side of the world . At least it gives those impoverished people a job though, right?
FLBear5630
Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

Quote:

Yes

I am in the middle of a study to investigate how we can provide charging stations along our facility, I am the Director of Innovation for a roadways, the jump from providing 10 slow-charge charging units at a place of employment to providing on a system for the public. Is massive. It is the difference between being a standard business customer and a "super user" industrial level customer. Slow charge will not work on the roadway, no one wants to sit for 4 hours in a park-n-ride or rest area charging.

So, now we are in the realm of fast charge. The impact in terms of cost to provide is geometric. The charger is more expensive, the impact on the electric grid is more, and the cost to provide the power is more. You still have to sit there for 45 minutes.

People then talk about inductive charging. Do you realize how invasive that is? You are basically tearing up your whole roadway. In addition, the EVs coming off the line do not have the capability to do inductive charging, it is a retrofit. The major OEMs have no interest in having it be part of future product lines, outside of transit vehicles and fleet delivery. It could and probably will work there in the future.

So, what if we went to frictional electric production? To just power lights, DMS boards and on-system electronics. You would need to have 2000 units per mile put in and then you are generating 70 watts. Enough to do a light bulb!

I understand it is coming. I have no problem with it. But, the timeframe the Administration came up with is a political talking point. We are looking at 50 years to get the system totally converted. I have not even gone into the impacts of the grid and what needs to be done. It needs to be phased and just going cold turkey off of fossil fuels is an economic death sentence. There has to be a business case that works at all phases. An F150 that is limited to 64 miles towing and takes 6 hours to recharge is not gonna cut it. I have no problem with the tech, innovation is in my job description. But you gotta be realistic in what can be done.

Media is our worst enemy. Space X landed a rocket in the ocean. What do they talk about going to Mars. Do you know how hard it is to do what Space X did? Yet, the common person thinks we are going to Mars next week. This **** is hard and will take time. I hope this is not taken as disrespectful because it is not meant to be.
LIB,MR BEARS
RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

Quote:

Yes

I am in the middle of a study to investigate how we can provide charging stations along our facility, I am the Director of Innovation for a roadways, the jump from providing 10 slow-charge charging units at a place of employment to providing on a system for the public. Is massive. It is the difference between being a standard business customer and a "super user" industrial level customer. Slow charge will not work on the roadway, no one wants to sit for 4 hours in a park-n-ride or rest area charging.

So, now we are in the realm of fast charge. The impact in terms of cost to provide is geometric. The charger is more expensive, the impact on the electric grid is more, and the cost to provide the power is more. You still have to sit there for 45 minutes.

People then talk about inductive charging. Do you realize how invasive that is? You are basically tearing up your whole roadway. In addition, the EVs coming off the line do not have the capability to do inductive charging, it is a retrofit. The major OEMs have no interest in having it be part of future product lines, outside of transit vehicles and fleet delivery. It could and probably will work there in the future.

So, what if we went to frictional electric production? To just power lights, DMS boards and on-system electronics. You would need to have 2000 units per mile put in and then you are generating 70 watts. Enough to do a light bulb!

I understand it is coming. I have no problem with it. But, the timeframe the Administration came up with is a political talking point. We are looking at 50 years to get the system totally converted. I have not even gone into the impacts of the grid and what needs to be done. It needs to be phased and just going cold turkey off of fossil fuels is an economic death sentence. There has to be a business case that works at all phases. An F150 that is limited to 64 miles towing and takes 6 hours to recharge is not gonna cut it. I have no problem with the tech, innovation is in my job description. But you gotta be realistic in what can be done.

Media is our worst enemy. Space X landed a rocket in the ocean. What do they talk about going to Mars. Do you know how hard it is to do what Space X did? Yet, the common person thinks we are going to Mars next week. This **** is hard and will take time. I hope this is not taken as disrespectful because it is not meant to be.
I spoke to one of the engineers working on the Mars project. They were telling me about the need for refueling for the return trip and perhaps having the refueling take place in space rather than on the surface of Mars. Crazy sci-fi stuff.

Back on earth, whatever happened to the push for Hydrogen? I'm guessing (uneducated guess) it would not be a money maker so the interest level is low.
FLBear5630
LIB,MR BEARS said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

RMF5630 said:

Waco1947 said:

E
  • The EPA

Quote:

Yes

I spoke to one of the engineers working on the Mars project. They were telling me about the need for refueling for the return trip and perhaps having the refueling take place in space rather than on the surface of Mars. Crazy sci-fi stuff.

Back on earth, whatever happened to the push for Hydrogen? I'm guessing (uneducated guess) it would not be a money maker so the interest level is low.
Funny you mention that, I saw a great presentation at AV21 Conference on that. It was a political decision for the US. I know Honda and I think Toyota are still going forward outside the US. Our current day Ringling, Mr Musk, did more for EV winning than anyone. Hydrogen is interesting. I will post the name of the company if I can find it!
FLBear5630
Winter is coming: The 'best country in the world' is planning to ban electric cars amid the energy crisis. Is it time to revisit oil stocks? Here are 3 big plays (yahoo.com)

Quote of the article-
Switzerland the best country in the world according to a recent analysis from US News & World Report could shorten store operating hours, lower the thermostats at buildings, and limit the private use of electric cars to "absolutely necessary journeys."

These proposed measures haven't been passed into law just yet. But they serve as a reminder that electricity doesn't magically appear at every wall outlet and EVs don't run on fairy dust.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.