242,948 Views | 5131 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Cobretti
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

GrowlTowel said:

boognish_bear said:

This is totally dependent on which party controls the senate. No way the dems confirm Paxton as AG.
Paxton is a big NO for me. Too much baggage. Extremely corrupt politician who kept his job because of fear. He would be just a new addition to The Swamp!
I am curious, who wouldn't be an addition to the Swamp?
Most excellent question, FLBear! Although I have not always been, I am a huge Ted Cruz fan. Would rather see him on the Supreme Court than Attorney General.

I agree with you. I want DeSantis as AG...

So-crates. "The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing."

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
FLBear5630
historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

GrowlTowel said:

boognish_bear said:

This is totally dependent on which party controls the senate. No way the dems confirm Paxton as AG.
Paxton is a big NO for me. Too much baggage. Extremely corrupt politician who kept his job because of fear. He would be just a new addition to The Swamp!
I am curious, who wouldn't be an addition to the Swamp?
Most excellent question, FLBear! Although I have not always been, I am a huge Ted Cruz fan. Would rather see him on the Supreme Court than Attorney General.

I agree with you. I want DeSantis as AG...

So-crates. "The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing."

I love it! My level of respect for you just jumped up dramatically...
boognish_bear
Nikki ready to kiss the ring

Redbrickbear
FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

No surprise. She wasn't voting Biden, as much as people on here made her out to be a Biden supporter.
4th and Inches
Redbrickbear said:

public service.. nothing to see here

She just wisely invests her 180k a year
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
historian
The hyphen made it obvious for me!
historian
Redbrickbear said:

Big how much of that was legal? How much was in kickbacks?
FLBear5630
historian said:

So-Crates, Dust in the Wind was Great. Almost as good as having minor oedipal complex. There were some funny comments if you knew what they were saying...
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

as people on here made her out to be a Biden supporter.

If she was a Sikh from Massachusetts instead of South Carolina she would be a Biden supporter.

She has shown nothing but contempt and dislike for Southern Whites since 2015.

**** her

I hope she sends her own kids to the foreign wars she supports
Jack Bauer
historian said:

Redbrickbear said:

Big how much of that was legal? How much was in kickbacks?

Nancy has worked in public service for 60 years!
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

If she was a Sikh from Massachusetts instead of South Carolina she would be a Biden supporter.

**** her

Her Husband serves. Haley has better conservative chops than Donny-Boy, a lifelong Dem until 2016 when he found his next grift. Donny was a Dem, no if he were born mental gymnastics necessary. He was card holding, come blowing, using Govt funds to build his hotels Dem.

The fact Biden is so bad is the only thing making him electable. But keep dossing- Haley.
historian
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

So-Crates, Dust in the Wind was Great. Almost as good as having minor oedipal complex. There were some funny comments if you knew what they were saying...

That film is filled with them!

historian
I usual don't like movies that butcher history, which most of them do. But this is a comedy not meant to be taken seriously. It's also from a tim when comedies were actually funny, unlike most recent comedies I've seen.

And these aren't even the funniest scenes.
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

Her Husband serves. Haley has better conservative chops than Donny-Boy, a lifelong Dem until 2016 when he found his next grift. Donny was a Dem, no if he were born mental gymnastics necessary. He was card holding, come blowing, using Govt funds to build his hotels Dem.

The fact Biden is so bad is the only thing making him electable. But keep dossing- Haley.
I'd rather vote for a democrat that wants to lower taxes, reduce government spending, protect our second amendment, leave abortion up to the states and secure our over border over a Republican that wants to get involved in every other country's war, force social media to ban anonymous posting and backed a plan that gave china free land in her state, but that's just me.

Nikki Haley is just another slimy politician that's nothing more than a political opportunist who has become quite adapt at double speak and misdirection. If you're a Bush and Romeny fan, she's your gal. If you're tired of the establishment GOP that for decades has worked really hard on letting you know they've worked really hard on stuff where democrats got what they want anyway, she's not your gal.

She strikes me as another Lindsey Graham type that would have zero problem selling out her constituents, state, country, etc... if it helped her politcially.

But hey, I'm glad she was isnpired by Hillary Clinton to run for office. I remember when Nikki was against Trump in 2015, but then not against him when he won, then for Trump when he was consdering hiring her in his administration, then against Trump when she decided to run for POTUS even though she said she wouldn't mount a bid for President if he ran in 2024 and now she's for Trump again? As he's getting closer to deciding on a VP pick?

I guess she's decided to kiss the Trump ring (again) because it might be advantageous for her political ambitions.

With that being said Ron DeSantis would be a million times better than either Trump or Haley.
Mothra
Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

I'd rather vote for a democrat that wants to lower taxes, reduce government spending, protect our second amendment, leave abortion up to the states and secure our over border

This person does not exist.
Whiskey Pete
Mothra said:

Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

I'd rather vote for a democrat that wants to lower taxes, reduce government spending, protect our second amendment, leave abortion up to the states and secure our over border

This person does not exist.
he was talking about how Trump used to be a lifelong democrat and only changed to Republican when he found his next "grift", hence why I'd rather vote for a "democrat"
Whiskey Pete
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

I'll also add, that I'd bet dollars to donuts that if the polls weren't looking good for Trump, Nikki Haley wouldn't have said she'd be voting for Trump.

Also, if these kangaroo court cases were looking worse for Trump (instead of apparently going up in flames), same thing. She wouldn't say a thing about voting for him.

Sounds like to me, with these court cases not working out quite like the NeverTrumpers had hoped, Nikki's plan of waiting in the shadows to win the GOP nomination from a brokered convention has waned a bit.

Looks like she's kissing the ring because she has little choice and she wants to be picked for VP.
Malbec
Quote:

Where can you dig up one of these?
Whiskey Pete
Malbec said:

Quote:

Where can you dig up one of these?
You can't. It was a response to another poster that said Trump was a lifelong democrat before he changed to Republican, implying that Trump isn't a Republican. So, if Trump is really a Democrat and not a Republican, I'd rather vote for Trump the Democrat instead of Biden the Democrat.
FLBear5630
Whiskey Pete said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

I'll also add, that I'd bet dollars to donuts that if the polls weren't looking good for Trump, Nikki Haley wouldn't have said she'd be voting for Trump.

Also, if these kangaroo court cases were looking worse for Trump (instead of apparently going up in flames), same thing. She wouldn't say a thing about voting for him.

Sounds like to me, with these court cases not working out quite like the NeverTrumpers had hoped, Nikki's plan of waiting in the shadows to win the GOP nomination from a brokered convention has waned a bit.

Looks like she's kissing the ring because she has little choice and she wants to be picked for VP.

I agree here. She wants VP. DeSantis doesn't.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

There's some value in appearing to not be interested. It's a good position to take in negotiating for the job. It's an even better position to take if you think you are not likely to be the choice. Getting left at the altar is emasculating.....

If he's offered the job, he'll take it. Any of them will take it if offered. As WP noted, Trump is looking like a winner, and macro trends are more likely to move things to his favor than to his detriment. If you do want to be POTUS, you would way rather run as a sitting VP than against a sitting VP......
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

There's some value in appearing to not be interested. It's a good position to take in negotiating for the job. It's an even better position to take if you think you are not likely to be the choice. Getting left at the altar is emasculating.....

If he's offered the job, he'll take it. Any of them will take it if offered. As WP noted, Trump is looking like a winner, and macro trends are more likely to move things to his favor than to his detriment. If you do want to be POTUS, you would way rather run as a sitting VP than against a sitting VP......
i disagree. I dont see Trumps VP as a winning hand in the future. Need to be close enough to capture the base, but not too close. there will be negatives for future elections. i would be shocked if RDS would say yes. I don't even see much upside for RDS from Trump's perspective, he doesn't bring anyone Trump doesn't already have.

Scott and Haley both bring different voters, RDS not so much.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

You have to wonder how much the VP stuff even matters.

This is not the 1950s were picking the right VP from a certain State or background gets you a poll bump.

No one voted for Biden because of Kamala Harris...not won is gonna vote for Trump because he picks Nikki
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

You have to wonder how much the VP stuff even matters.

This is not the 1950s were picking the right VP from a certain State or background gets you a poll bump.

No one voted for Biden because of Kamala Harris...not won is gonna vote for Trump because he picks Nikki
I think Scott is the smart choice. He would have no problem deferring to Trump. There would be little threat of him upstaging Trump. He would also be able to de-escalate things for Trump.

The only question is who would take his place in the Senate? With the Houses so tight, pulling sitting GOP Senators or Reps is a dangerous move. Scott has shown he can keep winning.

Gov's done with their time is a good selection, RDS and Haley fit that mold. Noem is whacky, between the Dentist, Dog Killing and Native American standoffs she is radioactive. Who else?
Redbrickbear

whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

i disagree. I dont see Trumps VP as a winning hand in the future. Need to be close enough to capture the base, but not too close. there will be negatives for future elections. i would be shocked if RDS would say yes. I don't even see much upside for RDS from Trump's perspective, he doesn't bring anyone Trump doesn't already have.

I agree that RDS might not offer Trump as much electorally as some other options.

Here's your choice:
A) You can say no to VP, finish your term, and spend two-years preparing to run as a former governor. You will not have the same political power to make news or raise money. You can't rush out to oppose with executive order or signed statute the latest insanity from the left. You can only step up to the microphone and make a statement. Yeah, you won't get forgotten, but you'll be in a helluva lot weaker position than you were as Governor, or would be if you had some statewide or national office affording you a bully pulpit. You'll be remembered by the 3 & 4R Republicans, but progressively ever more "out of mind" of the 2R voters, 1R voters, and crossover voters. And....you'll have to contend with other sitting Governors, Senators, and a VP who WILL get more airtime and likely raise more money.
B) you can say yes to VP and be part of a billion-dollar campaign getting your name out across the country, where you will implicitly and in some ways explicitly be presented as the "heir apparent" given that Trump cannot seek reelection in 2028. After inauguration, you will travel the world making news with foreign powers (buttressing your foreign policy resume in ways few others could compete with). You will make news domestically on issues of the day. And you will be sitting on top of a nationwide fundraising network YOU helped build in the 2024 campaign. And you will be able to tap all of that as you ease into the primary and ensuing convention. Everything that organizes primaries and conventions and campaigns will already be built...nationwide....and supported by the power of incumbency.

You really, really are not thinking clearly about the allure of being VP 2024-2028. It is the closest thing there is to a guaranteed nomination in 2028. And one must get the nomination to get to be POTUS.

Frankly, I'd rather RDS be Atty General than VPOTUS. He'd leave a trail thru the deep-state like Sherman left thru Georgia. And I think he'd take it. It'd be a good place for him to park & prep for 2024.
KaiBear
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

If these politicians were faced with the prospect of THEIR children coming home in body bags or permanently crippled and disfigured................

does anyone doubt we would be in far fewer wars ?
Oldbear83
The matter of Trump's VP comes down to the following questions:

1. Does the VP pick materially help Trump?

I'd say no. There are some who would weaken Trump's support, I think, but none who would bring in more votes

2. Will being Trump's VP nominee help if Trump loses this November?

No. If Trump loses his VP nominee becomes the 2028 version of Sarah Palin.

3. Will being Trump's VP help if he wins in November?

Possibly, depending on whether Trump's second term is successful and whether the Veep appears to do anything besides be Pence 2.0

4. Can DeSantis win in 2028 if he is not Trump's running mate?

It's possible but difficult if Trump wins the W. If Trump appears to fail in his second term, not being VP won't help a Republican. Voters will go back to Democrats like Charlie Sheen going on another bender. If Trump succeeds in his second term, DeSantis will automatically start behind Trump's VP, unless the VP was passive or chooses not to run for the White House.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Redbrickbear
Whiskey Pete
Oldbear83 said:

I'd say no. There are some who would weaken Trump's support, I think, but none who would bring in more votes

Possibly, depending on whether Trump's second term is successful and whether the Veep appears to do anything besides be Pence 2.0

It's possible but difficult if Trump wins the W. If Trump appears to fail in his second term, not being VP won't help a Republican. Voters will go back to Democrats like Charlie Sheen going on another bender. If Trump succeeds in his second term, DeSantis will automatically start behind Trump's VP, unless the VP was passive or chooses not to run for the White House.

I think DeSantis is young enough that he feels he can wait out if required. If stands back and doesn't do VP pick and Trump goes with XYZ as VP and wins and has a successful presidency and his VP runs and wins, Ron can run after that. He'd be 57 during the election and 58 when he takes office.

Of course what are the odds that the country would elect another Republican after what would have been 16 years of a Republican White House? I'd say odds are pretty slim.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Whiskey Pete said:

Oldbear83 said:

I think DeSantis is young enough that he feels he can wait out if required. If stands back and doesn't do VP pick and Trump goes with XYZ as VP and wins and has a successful presidency and his VP runs and wins, Ron can run after that. He'd be 57 during the election and 58 when he takes office.

Of course what are the odds that the country would elect another Republican after what would have been 16 years of a Republican White House? I'd say odds are pretty slim.
We had better focus on November 2024. Most of he 9 million "newcomers" are being taught how to sign up to vote as we speak. Some will get caught and deported but most will not. The Democrats don't care. They will claim they know nothing about it. The end justifies the means. Who is going to stop them? I will venture to say nobody.

Joe Biden's dismantling of Trump's border policies on day one of his Presidency was no accident.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Oldbear83
"what are the odds that the country would elect another Republican after what would have been 16 years of a Republican White House?"

Not sure how you come up with that:

2017-2020 Trump (4 years)
2021-2024 Biden (not Republican)
2025-2028 Trump II (years 5-8)

After that, best case would be a repeat of Bush I following Reagan. DeSantis would be better than Bush but I can't see Trump having the coattails of a Ronaldus Maximus.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Whiskey Pete
Oldbear83 said:

"what are the odds that the country would elect another Republican after what would have been 16 years of a Republican White House?"

Not sure how you come up with that:

2017-2020 Trump (4 years)
2021-2024 Biden (not Republican)
2025-2028 Trump II (years 5-8)

After that, best case would be a repeat of Bush I following Reagan. DeSantis would be better than Bush but I can't see Trump having the coattails of a Ronaldus Maximus.

Sorry, typo, meant 12 years.
First Page Last Page
Page 139 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.