437,871 Views | 8425 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by Mothra
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KaiBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Pathetic

How so ?

Not nice to make fun of a dead assassin ?
Oldbear83
4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

2% is within the margin of error. What you are saying it is a dead heat. That is worrisome.
its not a dead heat at Dem +2

Thats a GOP win if the swings hold as + for Trump
Agreed. Given the weight of California, New York, Illinois, the Democrats need to be +5 to be even in the Electoral Race.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Jack Bauer
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
they think you are stupid.

FLBear5630
historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

2% is within the margin of error. What you are saying it is a dead heat. That is worrisome.

That might not last long. A lot of people pay little attention to the VP because they are usually unimportant. Now that she's the probable nominee (all kinds of chaos is possible in the convention), the focus on her will be laser like and all her insane gibberish (sometimes worse that Biden's, if that can be imagined), and her atrocious record might change her numbers. Then again, some will support her only because she's a black woman.

So the question is was the word salad her or her trying to only say what Biden would let her say? Will she do better with her own message? I don't remember her being so scatterbrained as a Senator and she got some shots in on Biden in debate. Be interesting to see her message.
boognish_bear
historian
Good point
historian
It would be appropriate to have a real debate, preferably with no moderator. And definitely not on one of the fascists' propaganda mouthpiece networks.
boognish_bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
boognish_bear said:

I actually like Joe Manchin, but I think at this point only Donald Trump can clean up the deep corruption in D.C.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
historian
Trump PAC already has a Kamala ad out:

historian
AOC: not all Dems want Kamala:

AOC Has an Interesting Take on the Election

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2024/07/21/so-aoc-was-right-n2642287
historian
A Dem civil war brewing?

Here We Go: Gavin Newsom Supporters Circulating Anti-Kamala Polling Memo

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2024/07/21/here-we-go-gavin-newsom-supporters-circulating-anti-kamala-memo-n2642286
historian
A Full-Blown Civil War Looms for Democrats

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/07/21/democrats-are-about-to-go-full-throttle-into-civil-war-n4930929
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

He is such a kiss ass...
Aliceinbubbleland
I guess that ends any doubt that we will have a rip roaring fight at the convention. He is waiving his white flag.
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
boognish_bear
VaeBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I guess that ends any doubt that we will have a rip roaring fight at the convention. He is waiving his white flag.

Maybe his wife got a hold of his account.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

Aliceinbubbleland
I recall Cuban said his wife would not let him run back in 2020. Normal folks do not run for office
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

True, I love you optomism...
whiterock
Aliceinbubbleland said:

The Donald usually names the best and brightest to his cabinets and then gets pissed and fires them or they get fed up and resign.
first go-around, The Donald ran a campaign full of leftovers (most of the other candidates had already hired everybody of any note). Then when he won, he hired in his cabinet a bunch of JRs, people of some accomplishment who unfortunately were often opposed to the policy agenda The Donald was elected on.

He has run a far better campaign this time, in no small part because he has a team that is very experienced, very savvy, and has been with him for nearly four years now = loyal. I suspect we will see the same on the cabinet. We certainly see it with the sympatico VP pick.
4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

poll that just came out is Trump +5 against Harris
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Dynamics of the Electoral College favor the GOP. They can win the EC without winning the Popular Vote quite a bit easier than Dems. The equation the Dems have to cobble together to get to 270 usually give them something like a 3-4% lead in the PV. A tie in the popular vote is usually a warning sign for Dems that something isn't right in their EV math.

expect a rash of polls showing Harris narrowing the gap. Part of that will be a genuine sympathy bump. Part of it will be a genuine increase in Democrat enthusiasm (just from ending the uncertainty). I'd also expect that to fade, for 2 reasons: 1) Harris is VP and owns all of the Biden policy failures. 2) Harris is Harrisv= not a very accomplished candidate. Biden-Harris campaign has run $100m+ in swing states so far and their deficit has been growing (slightly). Meanwhile, Trump has outraised them and has not weighed in with any significant campaign ads. So the GOP has some upside ahead, too. For now, the problem Trump faces is that he doesn't know who to attack. If he spends $50m reducing Kamala's numbers and then the Dems nominate someone else, that's wasted money. Plus the Dems will be getting all kinds of earned media from the convention drama. So over the next two weeks, it will be harder for Trump to get "on-message."

Big money spends tend to move needles. When it doesn't, most common reason is that voters know the candidate and have made up their minds. Both Biden and Trump were basically in that situation, leading to a higher than normal numbers of undecideds (a larger then normal percentage of whom would not likely vote, the rest very breaking late against the incumbent). Kamala isn't quite so thoroughly branded. She does, at least theoretically, have a chance to redefine herself. Dems do, at least theoretically, have a chance to make the race about something other than a dreadful policy record on all the issues driving the cycle. But Trump has several hundred million dollars for use to define Kamala as Joe in a skirt, so it will not be easy for them.

FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Dynamics of the Electoral College favor the GOP. They can win the EC without winning the Popular Vote quite a bit easier than Dems. The equation the Dems have to cobble together to get to 270 usually give them something like a 3-4% lead in the PV. A tie in the popular vote is usually a warning sign for Dems that something isn't right in their EV math.

expect a rash of polls showing Harris narrowing the gap. Part of that will be a genuine sympathy bump. Part of it will be a genuine increase in Democrat enthusiasm (just from ending the uncertainty). I'd also expect that to fade, for 2 reasons: 1) Harris is VP and owns all of the Biden policy failures. 2) Harris is Harrisv= not a very accomplished candidate. Biden-Harris campaign has run $100m+ in swing states so far and their deficit has been growing (slightly). Meanwhile, Trump has outraised them and has not weighed in with any significant campaign ads. So the GOP has some upside ahead, too. For now, the problem Trump faces is that he doesn't know who to attack. If he spends $50m reducing Kamala's numbers and then the Dems nominate someone else, that's wasted money. Plus the Dems will be getting all kinds of earned media from the convention drama. So over the next two weeks, it will be harder for Trump to get "on-message."

Big money spends tend to move needles. When it doesn't, most common reason is that voters know the candidate and have made up their minds. Both Biden and Trump were basically in that situation, leading to a higher than normal numbers of undecideds (a larger then normal percentage of whom would not likely vote, the rest very breaking late against the incumbent). Kamala isn't quite so thoroughly branded. She does, at least theoretically, have a chance to redefine herself. Dems do, at least theoretically, have a chance to make the race about something other than a dreadful policy record on all the issues driving the cycle. But Trump has several hundred million dollars for use to define Kamala as Joe in a skirt, so it will not be easy for them.

Harris has to convince people that Biden held her down and didn't let her speak as herself or assign her anything with any authority. Border Czar in name only.

If Biden is furious about the "turning their back on him" now, it is going to get worse. Only way to make Harris's performance look like it wasn't her fault is to assign the blame to Joe.

Be interesting to see how she speaks today. If she is articulate, it will help her.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Harris has to convince people that Biden held her down and didn't let her speak as herself or assign her anything with any authority. Border Czar in name only.

If Biden is furious about the "turning their back on him" now, it is going to get worse. Only way to make Harris's performance look like it wasn't her fault is to assign the blame to Joe.

Be interesting to see how she speaks today. If she is articulate, it will help her.
She will for sure attempt to unburden herself from what has been
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

She will for sure attempt to unburden herself from what has been
I am curious. I watched her in the Senate, I don't agree with her politics but never thought of her as ditzy or inarticulate. She skewered Biden in 2020 debate. Then the VP years and she was all over the board, giggling all the time and making no sense.

I have been in situations where you have to wordsmith, massage and force ideas to fit what someone else wants. It creates gibberish. I hate it when in that situation. I am very curious to see how she comes off when SHE is directing the message, not fitting what Jill wants.

Bailing on Biden now is a shrewd move, he can't win. This re-opens the election AND takes the attention off Trump. The DNC Convention will be the most interesting in years and the first real Convention in decades. Not a made for TV show. Will be interesting to see how the reality TV effect plays.

This is normal in one way, GOP got a boost from their Convention. Now the Dems turn...
boognish_bear
drahthaar
Aliceinbubbleland said:

That's for public consumption. The fight still rages, covertly.
First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 241

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.