521,793 Views | 9135 Replies | Last: 49 min ago by Jacques Strap
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
ShooterTX
Jacques Strap said:

Who on earth would be dumb enough to believe any of that BS?
She doesn't own a gun. She doesn't shoot at a range. She had never been in law enforcement.

She is just full of bull*****
ShooterTX
whiterock
KaiBear said:

I put as much faith in these ridiculously fluctuating polls as the breathlessly dramatic hurricane warmings that have been the media rage over the last 5-8 years.

Harris is the odds on favorite to be our next commander in chief.

If you liked her speech in Europe with 200,000 Russian troops on the Ukrainian border ……gonna love her next blunder involving China.
they aren't ridiculously fluctuating. the individual firms themselves have been pretty stable. They reflected a bounce for Harris after she was appointed - partly genuine as some of the anti-Biden vote came home from 3rd party candidates, and partly as a function of assumptions about increased enthusiasm (higher turnout). The debate also bolstered her a point or two in most polls, but it seems like it was also mostly Dems coming home rather than wooing over independents. Now, we're seeing most polls show the undecided starting to break for Trump, particularly in the Great Lakes swing states. None of that should be surprising. Kamala is not a strong candidate, and she is the defacto incumbent for a highly unpopular administration facing a long list of bad metrics on the issues most important to most voters - particularly the economy and border. Trump is running stronger on all of those issues because his longstanding policies are popular with 60-80% of the electorate. And some of Kamala's bump was "push" by media establishments in the tank for Democrats. Good news is, it seems like the "politics of joy" might not be enough to get her across the finish line.

Most polls have showed Trump competitive with or outright winning independents. Also showed him with equivalent party support as his competitor. When compared to 2016 & 2020, most polls have showed Trump with 8-10 points improvement across a range of indictors - approval ratings, head-to-head with Dem opponent, and support within a number of key demographics historically part of the Democrat coalition. Some polls have shown him actually winning Hispanic support.

I post a wide range of polls to offer landscape views.....some results from firms that historically favor Democrats, and some from firms that historically favor Republicans. Then there's Pew & Gallup for perspective: not partisan firms, and not always accurate, but at least objective.

What analysis all shows is a far closer race than 2016 or 2020, which is very good for Trump. And now we are getting some initial indicators that the race may be starting to break his way....that some blue states (VA) might even be competitive, and that Trump can afford to even campaign in NY and CA to help down-ballot races. None of that should be surprising, given circumstances, but it is nice to have some data to help guide the assessments.

The cynic's job is a lot easier. But Trump still has that cast-iron floor and Harris/Walz is a historically weak ticket of weirdos well outside the mainstream of American politics.
whiterock
more consistent results - "best suited to deal with the problems" polling. To the extent these numbers are accurate, one should expect that undecideds will break for Trump.

boognish_bear
Trump is now a lock

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
whiterock
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
historian
Here's one guy who has figured out a few things:

https://notthebee.com/article/this-guys-take-on-the-2024-election-cycle-is-pretty-spot-on-and-i-never-looked-at-it-this-way
historian
Kamala might be in even bigger trouble than people thought:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/10/11/obama-kamala-doesnt-excite-black-americans-watch-n2402039
KaiBear
historian said:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/10/11/obama-kamala-doesnt-excite-black-americans-watch-n2402039

Dems aren't stupid.

Obama knows his audience.
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

historian said:

Dems aren't stupid.

Agree with you there. Obama is smart and an excellent Political operator. I disagree with his politics, but I do not underestimate his ability to win. He and Bill Clinton have the same ability to read the room.

Funny, I know a lady grew up in East Germany. Hated Clinton. Got invited to the White House for an award ceremony. When she came back asked what she said when she met him. She said when he talked to me, everyone else faded away and I wanted to believe him. She went in comparing to the Stasi, left more scared because she didn't think he would be able to sway her and did. She still can't stand him after she left, but when she was in the room... This is a tough no-nonsense East German lady that hates big govt. People underestimate how persuasive these people are to get where they are.
whiterock
when you have a vote share problem, you also have a voter enthusiasm problem. Kamala is not only at risk of getting too small a percentage of the black vote; she's at risk of getting too small a percentage of a lower overall turnout of black vote. Bad math ensues.

whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Dems aren't stupid.

Agree with you there. Obama is smart and an excellent Political operator. I disagree with his politics, but I do not underestimate his ability to win. He and Bill Clinton have the same ability to read the room.

Funny, I know a lady grew up in East Germany. Hated Clinton. Got invited to the White House for an award ceremony. When she came back asked what she said when she met him. She said when he talked to me, everyone else faded away and I wanted to believe him. She went in comparing to the Stasi, left more scared because she didn't think he would be able to sway her and did. She still can't stand him after she left, but when she was in the room... This is a tough no-nonsense East German lady that hates big govt. People underestimate how persuasive these people are to get where they are.
Slick Wille was legendary for that. 99th percentile people skills.
4th and Inches
KaiBear said:

historian said:

Dems aren't stupid.

wont help
historian
Many Dems actually are stupid. They advocate stupid policies not based on reality. They keep doing stupid things that have a record of massive failure. They believe lots of really stupid lies. They listen to the fascist propaganda coming from the MSM who are not even real journalists. And many still vote for morons like Joe Biden & Kamala Harris. There are many other examples.

They cannot even define what a woman is!
whiterock
Effective ground game, with results not inconsistent with Gallup polling on party ID (+3 GOP).
KaiBear
4th and Inches said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Dems aren't stupid.

wont help

It will help motivate black gals to provide 'direction' to black men.

Combined with a clever manipulation of what a real man is.

4th and Inches
KaiBear said:

4th and Inches said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Dems aren't stupid.

wont help

It will help motivate black gals to provide 'direction' to black men.

Combined with a clever manipulation of what a real man is.

maybe.. i dont think it will help.. Obama wasnt helpful to the black community. This is his version "if you dont vote for me, you aint black"
whiterock
Redbrickbear
ScottS
whiterock said:

when you have a vote share problem, you also have a voter enthusiasm problem. Kamala is not only at risk of getting too small a percentage of the black vote; she's at risk of getting too small a percentage of a lower overall turnout of black vote. Bad math ensues.

She might not need that much (90%) if they cheat enough.
whiterock
Jack Bauer
Porteroso
KaiBear said:

Historian…..

Unfortunately that is a dying demographic.

Evidenced by the vast number of apartments under construction compared to custom single family houses.

Too many folks don't have the brains or work ethnic to earn that custom home; hence the need for cheap one or two bedroom apartments.

And some of those individuals settle for a life dependent on government handouts .

So they vote Democrat.

That has to be one of the dumber takes on residences by class ive ever seen. People are too lazy to work? Lol. People are the same as they always are.
KaiBear
Porteroso said:

KaiBear said:

Historian…..

Unfortunately that is a dying demographic.

Evidenced by the vast number of apartments under construction compared to custom single family houses.

Too many folks don't have the brains or work ethnic to earn that custom home; hence the need for cheap one or two bedroom apartments.

And some of those individuals settle for a life dependent on government handouts .

So they vote Democrat.

That has to be one of the dumber takes on residences by class ive ever seen. People are too lazy to work? Lol. People are the same as they always are.

Good grief you have been ridiculously sheltered.

There are literally millions of Americans too lazy to work.

Have seen many examples first hand where people have quit their jobs the moment their fraudulent 'disability' claim got approved.

4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

yes, the enemy is defintely the current ultra progressive dem party..
Jack Bauer
KaiBear
Jack Bauer said:

Can anyone even imagine the national outrage if a Church posted something similar in such racial hyperbole in support of Trump ?

How is it our country tolerates such a constant and flagrant double standard ?
Jack Bauer
KaiBear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Can anyone even imagine the national outrage if a Church posted something similar in such racial hyperbole in support of Trump ?

What an insult to previous generations.

Can you imagine comparing your struggles today to those of your grandparents during the Great Depression and WW II?
KaiBear
Jack Bauer said:

KaiBear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Can you imagine comparing your struggles today to those of your grandparents during the Great Depression and WW II?
My father grew up hopelessly poor in Los Angeles during the Great Depression.
Then joined the Navy making 21 dollars a month just in time to be on the USS Selfridge at Pearl Harbor on December 7th 1941.

Saw constant combat. In one night action alone, 20% of his shipmates were killed when the ship was hit by a Japanese torpedo.

Jack Bauer
KaiBear said:

Jack Bauer said:

KaiBear said:

Jack Bauer said:

My father grew up hopelessly poor in Los Angeles during the Great Depression.
Then joined the Navy making 21 dollars of month just in time to be on the USS Selfridge at Pearl Harbor on December 7th 1941.

Saw constant combat. In one night action alone, 20% of his shipmates were killed when the ship was hit by a Japanese torpedo.

Honestly glad Dad did not live to see the insanity that has been imposed on the country over the last 3.5 years.

Now if you misgender someone, you are committing "genocide".

I guess words don't matter anymore
First Page Last Page
Page 255 of 262

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.