How To Get To Heaven When You Die

822,991 Views | 6647 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by BusyTarpDuster2017
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Jesus is still on our midst. The difference is that His presence is not physical. It's spiritual. He promised to be with us until the end of the age.


No. When Jesus is physically here, that is when the Kingdom of Heaven is in your midst. When Jesus returns physically back to the Earth then the kingdom of heaven will be in our midst again. Jesus is going to set up a physical kingdom here on Earth when He returns. Yes the Holy Spirit is here to teach us and guide us until that happens but that is not the kingdom of heaven. That is why Paul didn't preach the kingdom of heaven.
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jesus is not in our presence physically but He is in the hearts of Christians. This is a spiritual presence, the Holy Spirit. We cannot understand the Trinity but God in three persons is very real.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Jesus is not in our presence physically but He is in the hearts of Christians. This is a spiritual presence, the Holy Spirit. We cannot understand the Trinity but God in three persons is very real.


Ok, but that is not the Kingdom of heaven. The Ki gdom of heaven is Christ's Physical, earthly Kingdom when Je is physically on the earth. He will physically rule over all men on earth. That will happen in the future after tge Great Tribulation period.
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Kingdom of Heaven is in heaven. That's where the presence of God the Father and God is located. But God is Spirit.

I'm only relying on my knowledge of scripture and what it says, particularly the words of Christ Himself. I might remember some specifics incorrectly or misunderstand some of it. I try not to worry too much about it because those details are not as important. What's most important is honoring and trusting God and living by His standards.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Please take the time to read this first post if you haven't yet
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

The Kingdom of Heaven is in heaven. That's where the presence of God the Father and God is located. But God is Spirit.

I'm only relying on my knowledge of scripture and what it says, particularly the words of Christ Himself. I might remember some specifics incorrectly or misunderstand some of it. I try not to worry too much about it because those details are not as important. What's most important is honoring and trusting God and living by His standards.


That's not true. The Kindom of heaven is at hand should have been rendered in your midst because Christ the King was in our midst. When He returns, He brings His heavenly Kingdom with Him
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
True. But since His physical presence is currently in heaven so is His kingdom. Maybe it's also in the heart of every believer too.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

True. But since His physical presence is currently in heaven so is His kingdom. Maybe it's also in the heart of every believer too.


Until He raptures the Church, it should be. Until He returns physically to the earth, it should be for those who believe during the Tribulation period.
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Please take the time to read this first post if you haven't yet
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I notice a lot of talk about when you die. Strange that so few seem to have joy in the present with the Holy Spirit given us.
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

I notice a lot of talk about when you die. Strange that so few seem to have joy in the present with the Holy Spirit given us.


The only way you can have peace in the present is to know that you're going to be with the Lord when you die. Who says you can't have joy in this life if you are a c Christian? This life is preparation for the next life. If you are a Christian then you are being tested and tried and shaped into the image of Christ. Non-christians are given a chance to accept God's great gift of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

I notice a lot of talk about when you die. Strange that so few seem to have joy in the present with the Holy Spirit given us.


The only way you can have peace in the present is to know that you're going to be with the Lord when you die. Who says you can't have joy in this life if you are a c Christian? This life is preparation for the next life. If you are a Christian then you are being tested and tried and shaped into the image of Christ. Non-christians are given a chance to accept God's great gift of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.


I just don't see you or BTD showing the joy that Christians have in knowing Jesus in their lives. Lots of lectures, lots of anger on his part, but no simple happiness being able to have a growing relationship with the Lord.

Just seems strange to me.
BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster vs Oldbear83:

Let's see who really practices true Biblical Christianity:

I ask you both, How Exactly Does A Man Get To Heaven When He Dies?



Sorry, frodo, I missed this post. Here's my late reply:

A person goes to heaven when they die, if in their heart they believe in the testimony of the gospel, given to us through the inspired word of God - that Jesus was sent by God, that he was crucified and died for our sins, that he was truly dead and buried, and that he was raised from the dead and now is alive for all eternity with the authority as Lord; and that they place their faith and trust in Jesus' promise that if they believe in him and in what he did, he Jesus will raise them to eternal life as well, to be with God forever.


You are correct

I'm sure you noticed that OldBear's response was all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements, and contained nothing about Jesus atoning for our sins or even about having faith in him.

This is what I'm talking about. There is a significant number here who do not hold to the true gospel. And it's usually these people that are attacking those who do, as "not having the Spirit".

Judge them by their fruits.
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster vs Oldbear83:

Let's see who really practices true Biblical Christianity:

I ask you both, How Exactly Does A Man Get To Heaven When He Dies?



Sorry, frodo, I missed this post. Here's my late reply:

A person goes to heaven when they die, if in their heart they believe in the testimony of the gospel, given to us through the inspired word of God - that Jesus was sent by God, that he was crucified and died for our sins, that he was truly dead and buried, and that he was raised from the dead and now is alive for all eternity with the authority as Lord; and that they place their faith and trust in Jesus' promise that if they believe in him and in what he did, he Jesus will raise them to eternal life as well, to be with God forever.


You are correct

I'm sure you noticed that OldBear's response was all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements, and contained nothing about Jesus atoning for our sins or even about having faith in him.

This is what I'm talking about. There is a significant number here who do not hold to the true gospel. And it's usually these people that are attacking those who do, as "not having the Spirit".

Judge them by their fruits.

A strange post from BTD, since what he claims is not what I posted.

BTD: " all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements"

Go back and read what I actually wrote. Tell you what, I will copy it here to make it easy:

"So often people seem to miss that the blessings of being a follower of Christ start as soon as you accept Him. God hears prayers and answers them, and having the counsel of the Holy Spirit is a resource beyond price.

Having said that, I believe your curiosity was about Salvation. I think we can trust the Bible to tell us what someone is like, who walks rightly with God.

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Matthew 5:44

"Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' "This is the first and greatest commandment. "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'."

Matthew 22:37-39


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law"

Galatians 5:22-23

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you"

Ephesians 4:32

The way is made clear.

Besides, once we come to know who Christ is, wouldn't we all want to become more like Him as best we may?"


Notice, nothing there is boasting of merit or works, simply observing that we receive blessings from God as soon as we are willing to receive them.

Perhaps you confused 'walking rightly with God' as a claim to personal merit? If so, I counsel you to read what Paul had to say on that, as well as God speaking to Job, come to that. And I think we can agree that no one of us in this group is equal to Paul or Job in pleasing the Lord.

You get angry, BTD. A lot, and you also alter what people say, as if you simply want an excuse to attack.

That way does not lead to peace, brother.

BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster vs Oldbear83:

Let's see who really practices true Biblical Christianity:

I ask you both, How Exactly Does A Man Get To Heaven When He Dies?



Sorry, frodo, I missed this post. Here's my late reply:

A person goes to heaven when they die, if in their heart they believe in the testimony of the gospel, given to us through the inspired word of God - that Jesus was sent by God, that he was crucified and died for our sins, that he was truly dead and buried, and that he was raised from the dead and now is alive for all eternity with the authority as Lord; and that they place their faith and trust in Jesus' promise that if they believe in him and in what he did, he Jesus will raise them to eternal life as well, to be with God forever.


You are correct

I'm sure you noticed that OldBear's response was all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements, and contained nothing about Jesus atoning for our sins or even about having faith in him.

This is what I'm talking about. There is a significant number here who do not hold to the true gospel. And it's usually these people that are attacking those who do, as "not having the Spirit".

Judge them by their fruits.

A strange post from BTD, since what he claims is not what I posted.

BTD: " all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements"

Go back and read what I actually wrote. Tell you what, I will copy it here to make it easy:

"So often people seem to miss that the blessings of being a follower of Christ start as soon as you accept Him. God hears prayers and answers them, and having the counsel of the Holy Spirit is a resource beyond price.

Having said that, I believe your curiosity was about Salvation. I think we can trust the Bible to tell us what someone is like, who walks rightly with God.

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Matthew 5:44

"Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' "This is the first and greatest commandment. "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'."

Matthew 22:37-39


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law"

Galatians 5:22-23

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you"

Ephesians 4:32

The way is made clear.

Besides, once we come to know who Christ is, wouldn't we all want to become more like Him as best we may?"


Notice, nothing there is boasting of merit or works, simply observing that we receive blessings from God as soon as we are willing to receive them.

Perhaps you confused 'walking rightly with God' as a claim to personal merit? If so, I counsel you to read what Paul had to say on that, as well as God speaking to Job, come to that. And I think we can agree that no one of us in this group is equal to Paul or Job in pleasing the Lord.

You get angry, BTD. A lot, and you also alter what people say, as if you simply want an excuse to attack.

That way does not lead to peace, brother.



You can't even see what you're getting wrong.

This pretty much makes my point.
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster vs Oldbear83:

Let's see who really practices true Biblical Christianity:

I ask you both, How Exactly Does A Man Get To Heaven When He Dies?



Sorry, frodo, I missed this post. Here's my late reply:

A person goes to heaven when they die, if in their heart they believe in the testimony of the gospel, given to us through the inspired word of God - that Jesus was sent by God, that he was crucified and died for our sins, that he was truly dead and buried, and that he was raised from the dead and now is alive for all eternity with the authority as Lord; and that they place their faith and trust in Jesus' promise that if they believe in him and in what he did, he Jesus will raise them to eternal life as well, to be with God forever.


You are correct

I'm sure you noticed that OldBear's response was all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements, and contained nothing about Jesus atoning for our sins or even about having faith in him.

This is what I'm talking about. There is a significant number here who do not hold to the true gospel. And it's usually these people that are attacking those who do, as "not having the Spirit".

Judge them by their fruits.

A strange post from BTD, since what he claims is not what I posted.

BTD: " all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements"

Go back and read what I actually wrote. Tell you what, I will copy it here to make it easy:

"So often people seem to miss that the blessings of being a follower of Christ start as soon as you accept Him. God hears prayers and answers them, and having the counsel of the Holy Spirit is a resource beyond price.

Having said that, I believe your curiosity was about Salvation. I think we can trust the Bible to tell us what someone is like, who walks rightly with God.

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Matthew 5:44

"Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' "This is the first and greatest commandment. "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'."

Matthew 22:37-39


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law"

Galatians 5:22-23

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you"

Ephesians 4:32

The way is made clear.

Besides, once we come to know who Christ is, wouldn't we all want to become more like Him as best we may?"


Notice, nothing there is boasting of merit or works, simply observing that we receive blessings from God as soon as we are willing to receive them.

Perhaps you confused 'walking rightly with God' as a claim to personal merit? If so, I counsel you to read what Paul had to say on that, as well as God speaking to Job, come to that. And I think we can agree that no one of us in this group is equal to Paul or Job in pleasing the Lord.

You get angry, BTD. A lot, and you also alter what people say, as if you simply want an excuse to attack.

That way does not lead to peace, brother.



You can't even see what you're getting wrong.

This pretty much makes my point.

I find joy in my walk with Christ.

Somehow, that provokes you to lie about what I write and to attack me.

I will pray for you, brother.

BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster vs Oldbear83:

Let's see who really practices true Biblical Christianity:

I ask you both, How Exactly Does A Man Get To Heaven When He Dies?



Sorry, frodo, I missed this post. Here's my late reply:

A person goes to heaven when they die, if in their heart they believe in the testimony of the gospel, given to us through the inspired word of God - that Jesus was sent by God, that he was crucified and died for our sins, that he was truly dead and buried, and that he was raised from the dead and now is alive for all eternity with the authority as Lord; and that they place their faith and trust in Jesus' promise that if they believe in him and in what he did, he Jesus will raise them to eternal life as well, to be with God forever.


You are correct

I'm sure you noticed that OldBear's response was all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements, and contained nothing about Jesus atoning for our sins or even about having faith in him.

This is what I'm talking about. There is a significant number here who do not hold to the true gospel. And it's usually these people that are attacking those who do, as "not having the Spirit".

Judge them by their fruits.

A strange post from BTD, since what he claims is not what I posted.

BTD: " all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements"

Go back and read what I actually wrote. Tell you what, I will copy it here to make it easy:

"So often people seem to miss that the blessings of being a follower of Christ start as soon as you accept Him. God hears prayers and answers them, and having the counsel of the Holy Spirit is a resource beyond price.

Having said that, I believe your curiosity was about Salvation. I think we can trust the Bible to tell us what someone is like, who walks rightly with God.

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Matthew 5:44

"Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' "This is the first and greatest commandment. "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'."

Matthew 22:37-39


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law"

Galatians 5:22-23

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you"

Ephesians 4:32

The way is made clear.

Besides, once we come to know who Christ is, wouldn't we all want to become more like Him as best we may?"


Notice, nothing there is boasting of merit or works, simply observing that we receive blessings from God as soon as we are willing to receive them.

Perhaps you confused 'walking rightly with God' as a claim to personal merit? If so, I counsel you to read what Paul had to say on that, as well as God speaking to Job, come to that. And I think we can agree that no one of us in this group is equal to Paul or Job in pleasing the Lord.

You get angry, BTD. A lot, and you also alter what people say, as if you simply want an excuse to attack.

That way does not lead to peace, brother.



You can't even see what you're getting wrong.

This pretty much makes my point.

I find joy in my walk with Christ.

Somehow, that provokes you to lie about what I write and to attack me.

I will pray for you, brother.



Seriously - are you really this unaware?
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster vs Oldbear83:

Let's see who really practices true Biblical Christianity:

I ask you both, How Exactly Does A Man Get To Heaven When He Dies?



Sorry, frodo, I missed this post. Here's my late reply:

A person goes to heaven when they die, if in their heart they believe in the testimony of the gospel, given to us through the inspired word of God - that Jesus was sent by God, that he was crucified and died for our sins, that he was truly dead and buried, and that he was raised from the dead and now is alive for all eternity with the authority as Lord; and that they place their faith and trust in Jesus' promise that if they believe in him and in what he did, he Jesus will raise them to eternal life as well, to be with God forever.


You are correct

I'm sure you noticed that OldBear's response was all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements, and contained nothing about Jesus atoning for our sins or even about having faith in him.

This is what I'm talking about. There is a significant number here who do not hold to the true gospel. And it's usually these people that are attacking those who do, as "not having the Spirit".

Judge them by their fruits.

A strange post from BTD, since what he claims is not what I posted.

BTD: " all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements"

Go back and read what I actually wrote. Tell you what, I will copy it here to make it easy:

"So often people seem to miss that the blessings of being a follower of Christ start as soon as you accept Him. God hears prayers and answers them, and having the counsel of the Holy Spirit is a resource beyond price.

Having said that, I believe your curiosity was about Salvation. I think we can trust the Bible to tell us what someone is like, who walks rightly with God.

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Matthew 5:44

"Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' "This is the first and greatest commandment. "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'."

Matthew 22:37-39


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law"

Galatians 5:22-23

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you"

Ephesians 4:32

The way is made clear.

Besides, once we come to know who Christ is, wouldn't we all want to become more like Him as best we may?"


Notice, nothing there is boasting of merit or works, simply observing that we receive blessings from God as soon as we are willing to receive them.

Perhaps you confused 'walking rightly with God' as a claim to personal merit? If so, I counsel you to read what Paul had to say on that, as well as God speaking to Job, come to that. And I think we can agree that no one of us in this group is equal to Paul or Job in pleasing the Lord.

You get angry, BTD. A lot, and you also alter what people say, as if you simply want an excuse to attack.

That way does not lead to peace, brother.



You can't even see what you're getting wrong.

This pretty much makes my point.

I find joy in my walk with Christ.

Somehow, that provokes you to lie about what I write and to attack me.

I will pray for you, brother.



Seriously - are you really this unaware?

And there it is yet again.

You made a false statement.

I demonstrated the facts.

You attacked, yet again.

BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster vs Oldbear83:

Let's see who really practices true Biblical Christianity:

I ask you both, How Exactly Does A Man Get To Heaven When He Dies?



Sorry, frodo, I missed this post. Here's my late reply:

A person goes to heaven when they die, if in their heart they believe in the testimony of the gospel, given to us through the inspired word of God - that Jesus was sent by God, that he was crucified and died for our sins, that he was truly dead and buried, and that he was raised from the dead and now is alive for all eternity with the authority as Lord; and that they place their faith and trust in Jesus' promise that if they believe in him and in what he did, he Jesus will raise them to eternal life as well, to be with God forever.


You are correct

I'm sure you noticed that OldBear's response was all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements, and contained nothing about Jesus atoning for our sins or even about having faith in him.

This is what I'm talking about. There is a significant number here who do not hold to the true gospel. And it's usually these people that are attacking those who do, as "not having the Spirit".

Judge them by their fruits.

A strange post from BTD, since what he claims is not what I posted.

BTD: " all about our performance and merit and our righteous achievements"

Go back and read what I actually wrote. Tell you what, I will copy it here to make it easy:

"So often people seem to miss that the blessings of being a follower of Christ start as soon as you accept Him. God hears prayers and answers them, and having the counsel of the Holy Spirit is a resource beyond price.

Having said that, I believe your curiosity was about Salvation. I think we can trust the Bible to tell us what someone is like, who walks rightly with God.

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Matthew 5:44

"Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' "This is the first and greatest commandment. "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'."

Matthew 22:37-39


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law"

Galatians 5:22-23

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you"

Ephesians 4:32

The way is made clear.

Besides, once we come to know who Christ is, wouldn't we all want to become more like Him as best we may?"


Notice, nothing there is boasting of merit or works, simply observing that we receive blessings from God as soon as we are willing to receive them.

Perhaps you confused 'walking rightly with God' as a claim to personal merit? If so, I counsel you to read what Paul had to say on that, as well as God speaking to Job, come to that. And I think we can agree that no one of us in this group is equal to Paul or Job in pleasing the Lord.

You get angry, BTD. A lot, and you also alter what people say, as if you simply want an excuse to attack.

That way does not lead to peace, brother.



You can't even see what you're getting wrong.

This pretty much makes my point.

I find joy in my walk with Christ.

Somehow, that provokes you to lie about what I write and to attack me.

I will pray for you, brother.



Seriously - are you really this unaware?

And there it is yet again.

You made a false statement.

I demonstrated the facts.

You attacked, yet again.



No one is lying about what you said, no one is attacking you. Your usual defense mechanisms aren't helping you. I'm seriously telling you that you have a deficiency in awareness here. Do you honestly not know that the question we were addressing was how one goes to heaven when they die, and that your answer was essentially "by walking rightly with God" - in other words, by one's righteous behavior, i.e. merit? Do you honestly not see the problem there? Calling me a "liar" and that I "attacked" you, simply for accurately representing what you said is only hurting your credibility here.
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You did indeed make a false claim.

Now you want to lie about that as well as falsely projecting your fault into me

What you are, is sadly clear to all by now.
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."

Colossians 3:14-17 KJV

BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

You did indeed make a false claim.

Now you want to lie about that as well as falsely projecting your fault into me

What you are, is sadly clear to all by now.

No one is buying that I made a false claim, or projecting anything onto you. You're in your own little world.
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

You did indeed make a false claim.

Now you want to lie about that as well as falsely projecting your fault into me

What you are, is sadly clear to all by now.

No one is buying that I made a false claim, or projecting anything onto you. You're in your own little world.


Too bad for you I quoted everything word for word.
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

I notice a lot of talk about when you die. Strange that so few seem to have joy in the present with the Holy Spirit given us.


The only way you can have peace in the present is to know that you're going to be with the Lord when you die. Who says you can't have joy in this life if you are a c Christian? This life is preparation for the next life. If you are a Christian then you are being tested and tried and shaped into the image of Christ. Non-christians are given a chance to accept God's great gift of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.


I just don't see you or BTD showing the joy that Christians have in knowing Jesus in their lives. Lots of lectures, lots of anger on his part, but no simple happiness being able to have a growing relationship with the Lord.

Just seems strange to me.


I have Joy in the Lord, but I can also.have contempt for lies and deception and point it out because that's what loving your neighbor does. It tells the truth and tries to help people see the deception that they are under when they believe a false Gospel and or aren't folllowing Scripture. Speaking the truth is what Christ and the Apostles did and were hated for it and killed for it. The Pharisees would have said the same as you are saying about Jesus and the Apostles. I don't think I have been angry on here, but even if a Christian gets angry that doesn't somehow prove that what they said is false. Seek the truth no matter where it leads and you will find it. God will show you.

"and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. "
John 8:32 KJV

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. "
Matthew 6:33 KJV

Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

I notice a lot of talk about when you die. Strange that so few seem to have joy in the present with the Holy Spirit given us.


The only way you can have peace in the present is to know that you're going to be with the Lord when you die. Who says you can't have joy in this life if you are a c Christian? This life is preparation for the next life. If you are a Christian then you are being tested and tried and shaped into the image of Christ. Non-christians are given a chance to accept God's great gift of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.


I just don't see you or BTD showing the joy that Christians have in knowing Jesus in their lives. Lots of lectures, lots of anger on his part, but no simple happiness being able to have a growing relationship with the Lord.

Just seems strange to me.


I have Joy in the Lord, but I can also.have contempt for lies and deception and point it out because that's what loving your neighbor does. It tells the truth and tries to help people see the deception that they are under when they believe a false Gospel and or aren't folllowing Scripture. Speaking the truth is what Christ and the Apostles did and were hated for it and killed for it. The Pharisees would have said the same as you are saying about Jesus and the Apostles. I don't think I have been angry on here, but even if a Christian gets angry that doesn't somehow prove that what they said is false. Seek the truth no matter where it leads and you will find it. God will show you.

"and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. "
John 8:32 KJV

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. "
Matthew 6:33 KJV



You are different from BTD in two important ways, Frodo:

1) You try to persuade rather than attack, and

2) you use Scripture at least some of the time.

I agree that anger can be good and right, but if you use it to attack people they will not be persuaded by you.

You are wrong, also, in your claim about the Pharisees. They and the proud scholars hated Jesus and attacked Him, accusing Christ of working by power of Satan:

"While they were going out, a man who was demon-possessed and could not talk was brought to Jesus. And when the demon was driven out, the man who had been mute spoke. The crowd was amazed and said, 'Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel.'
"But the Pharisees said, 'It is by the prince of demons that he drives out demons.' "


Matthew 9:32-34

They also raged when Jesus plainly spoke to them:

"Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

"You are not yet fifty years old," they said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

"At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds."


John 8:54-59

Those who hate the word of God often rage when it is revealed to them, sadly.

I made my point about showing Joy in Christ for two reasons:

First, if we are to persuade, we should be more like Paul:

" Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."

1 Corinthians 9:19-23

Too often immature Christians think that they can force people into believing, or forget that winning believers requires us to humble ourselves, even as Christ set aside His power and rank in order to reach lost sheep. Attacking people online, as BTD does so often, does nothing to serve Christ or the Father, and drives away the Holy Spirit.

Jesus was very clear about how we are to seek Him, and show our attitude:

" But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.""

Luke 18:16-17

As I said, the way is clear. It reveals something when someone tries to change what was said, and becomes angry over someone mentioning joy in following Christ.





xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

I notice a lot of talk about when you die. Strange that so few seem to have joy in the present with the Holy Spirit given us.


The only way you can have peace in the present is to know that you're going to be with the Lord when you die. Who says you can't have joy in this life if you are a c Christian? This life is preparation for the next life. If you are a Christian then you are being tested and tried and shaped into the image of Christ. Non-christians are given a chance to accept God's great gift of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.


I just don't see you or BTD showing the joy that Christians have in knowing Jesus in their lives. Lots of lectures, lots of anger on his part, but no simple happiness being able to have a growing relationship with the Lord.

Just seems strange to me.


I have Joy in the Lord, but I can also.have contempt for lies and deception and point it out because that's what loving your neighbor does. It tells the truth and tries to help people see the deception that they are under when they believe a false Gospel and or aren't folllowing Scripture. Speaking the truth is what Christ and the Apostles did and were hated for it and killed for it. The Pharisees would have said the same as you are saying about Jesus and the Apostles. I don't think I have been angry on here, but even if a Christian gets angry that doesn't somehow prove that what they said is false. Seek the truth no matter where it leads and you will find it. God will show you.

"and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. "
John 8:32 KJV

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. "
Matthew 6:33 KJV



You are different from BTD in two important ways, Frodo:

1) You try to persuade rather than attack, and

2) you use Scripture at least some of the time.

I agree that anger can be good and right, but if you use it to attack people they will not be persuaded by you.

You are wrong, also, in your claim about the Pharisees. They and the proud scholars hated Jesus and attacked Him, accusing Christ of working by power of Satan:

"While they were going out, a man who was demon-possessed and could not talk was brought to Jesus. And when the demon was driven out, the man who had been mute spoke. The crowd was amazed and said, 'Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel.'
"But the Pharisees said, 'It is by the prince of demons that he drives out demons.' "


Matthew 9:32-34

They also raged when Jesus plainly spoke to them:

"Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

"You are not yet fifty years old," they said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

"At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds."


John 8:54-59

Those who hate the word of God often rage when it is revealed to them, sadly.

I made my point about showing Joy in Christ for two reasons:

First, if we are to persuade, we should be more like Paul:

" Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."

1 Corinthians 9:19-23

Too often immature Christians think that they can force people into believing, or forget that winning believers requires us to humble ourselves, even as Christ set aside His power and rank in order to reach lost sheep. Attacking people online, as BTD does so often, does nothing to serve Christ or the Father, and drives away the Holy Spirit.

Jesus was very clear about how we are to seek Him, and show our attitude:

" But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.""

Luke 18:16-17

As I said, the way is clear. It reveals something when someone tries to change what was said, and becomes angry over someone mentioning joy in following Christ.








I can back up everything I believe with Scripture. If you ever want to see scriptural basis for anything that I welcome you to ask for it. I've been doing this for a long time. I have learned that this is about persuasion and not about arguing and anger. 99% of the time I have had to stand alone with no support or help from anyone.
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Please take the time to read this first post if you haven't yet
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
.
xfrodobagginsx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, Neither have entered into the heart of man, The things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV

BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

Oldbear83 said:

I notice a lot of talk about when you die. Strange that so few seem to have joy in the present with the Holy Spirit given us.


The only way you can have peace in the present is to know that you're going to be with the Lord when you die. Who says you can't have joy in this life if you are a c Christian? This life is preparation for the next life. If you are a Christian then you are being tested and tried and shaped into the image of Christ. Non-christians are given a chance to accept God's great gift of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.


I just don't see you or BTD showing the joy that Christians have in knowing Jesus in their lives. Lots of lectures, lots of anger on his part, but no simple happiness being able to have a growing relationship with the Lord.

Just seems strange to me.


I have Joy in the Lord, but I can also.have contempt for lies and deception and point it out because that's what loving your neighbor does. It tells the truth and tries to help people see the deception that they are under when they believe a false Gospel and or aren't folllowing Scripture. Speaking the truth is what Christ and the Apostles did and were hated for it and killed for it. The Pharisees would have said the same as you are saying about Jesus and the Apostles. I don't think I have been angry on here, but even if a Christian gets angry that doesn't somehow prove that what they said is false. Seek the truth no matter where it leads and you will find it. God will show you.

"and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. "
John 8:32 KJV

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. "
Matthew 6:33 KJV



You are different from BTD in two important ways, Frodo:

1) You try to persuade rather than attack, and

2) you use Scripture at least some of the time.

I agree that anger can be good and right, but if you use it to attack people they will not be persuaded by you.

You are wrong, also, in your claim about the Pharisees. They and the proud scholars hated Jesus and attacked Him, accusing Christ of working by power of Satan:

"While they were going out, a man who was demon-possessed and could not talk was brought to Jesus. And when the demon was driven out, the man who had been mute spoke. The crowd was amazed and said, 'Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel.'
"But the Pharisees said, 'It is by the prince of demons that he drives out demons.' "


Matthew 9:32-34

They also raged when Jesus plainly spoke to them:

"Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

"You are not yet fifty years old," they said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

"At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds."


John 8:54-59

Those who hate the word of God often rage when it is revealed to them, sadly.

I made my point about showing Joy in Christ for two reasons:

First, if we are to persuade, we should be more like Paul:

" Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."

1 Corinthians 9:19-23

Too often immature Christians think that they can force people into believing, or forget that winning believers requires us to humble ourselves, even as Christ set aside His power and rank in order to reach lost sheep. Attacking people online, as BTD does so often, does nothing to serve Christ or the Father, and drives away the Holy Spirit.

Jesus was very clear about how we are to seek Him, and show our attitude:

" But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.""

Luke 18:16-17

As I said, the way is clear. It reveals something when someone tries to change what was said, and becomes angry over someone mentioning joy in following Christ.



For someone who didn't even know the gospel and couldn't express it when asked, you probably should have a LOT more humility than to preach down to others.
BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster vs Oldbear83:

Let's see who really practices true Biblical Christianity:

I ask you both, How Exactly Does A Man Get To Heaven When He Dies?



Frodo, we never got to hear your verdict. Your question was an excellent test to see who is representing true, biblical Christianity. You've read both OldBear's and my answer to your question. What is your assessment?
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster vs Oldbear83:

Let's see who really practices true Biblical Christianity:

I ask you both, How Exactly Does A Man Get To Heaven When He Dies?



Frodo, we never got to hear your verdict. Your question was an excellent test to see who is representing true, biblical Christianity. You've read both OldBear's and my answer to your question. What is your assessment?
https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/123613/replies/4620583

In the age of grace, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the gold standard of salvation. Confessing with your mouth must also come with believing in your heart. This transformation is played out in fulfilling Isaiah- you are given a new heart. With the new heart comes new desires. When He gives you the desires of your heart, He is giving you those desires as they are His desires for you as you are aligned with Him.

Once the Holy Spirit is indwelling, you are grafted into the vine. Through prayer and reading the Word, your connection to the Holy Spirit will deepen and the gifts of the spirit will manifest. The fruit of the spirit will show naturally as a fig tree makes figs without trying harder. The gifts will not manifest until you are ready for them. My own experience required me to fully surrender to him and have child like belief in order for the gifts to fully manifest.

Our experience with Christ is to be relational or be prepared to hear I never knew you. The greek word used in this instance is the same base as the one used when Mary said I never knew a man.. The relationship should be deep and intimate as a young child talks to their father. Talk to Him always in all things.

Children tell their parent everything, seek comfort when they're sad, run to them and tell them first when a joyful event happens. Can't wait to see them again when they've been away even for a small moment in time. A young child relies on their parent for everything and has an unconditional trust and love.

This is what He asks of us. In every way, act out of love.
Adopt A Bear 2026

94 Palmer Williams

2025:
Ray Guy Award Watch List
• Preseason Second-Team All-America (Phil Steele)
• Preseason Third-Team All-America (Athlon)
• Preseason All-Big 12 (Big 12 Media)
• Preseason First-Team All-Big 12 (Athlon, Phil Steele)
BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4th and Inches said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster vs Oldbear83:

Let's see who really practices true Biblical Christianity:

I ask you both, How Exactly Does A Man Get To Heaven When He Dies?



Frodo, we never got to hear your verdict. Your question was an excellent test to see who is representing true, biblical Christianity. You've read both OldBear's and my answer to your question. What is your assessment?

https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/123613/replies/4620583

In the age of grace, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the gold standard of salvation. Confessing with your mouth must also come with believing in your heart. This transformation is played out in fulfilling Isaiah- you are given a new heart. With the new heart comes new desires. When He gives you the desires of your heart, He is giving you those desires as they are His desires for you as you are aligned with Him.

Once the Holy Spirit is indwelling, you are grafted into the vine. Through prayer and reading the Word, your connection to the Holy Spirit will deepen and the gifts of the spirit will manifest. The fruit of the spirit will show naturally as a fig tree makes figs without trying harder. The gifts will not manifest until you are ready for them. My own experience required me to fully surrender to him and have child like belief in order for the gifts to fully manifest.

Our experience with Christ is to be relational or be prepared to hear I never knew you. The greek word used in this instance is the same base as the one used when Mary said I never knew a man.. The relationship should be deep and intimate as a young child talks to their father. Talk to Him always in all things.

Children tell their parent everything, seek comfort when they're sad, run to them and tell them first when a joyful event happens. Can't wait to see them again when they've been away even for a small moment in time. A young child relies on their parent for everything and has an unconditional trust and love.

This is what He asks of us. In every way, act out of love.

Is standing up for God's truth and calling out falsehood not acting out of love? A love for God, which is the greater commandment than loving others as yourself?

Too many Christians are reversing these.

And while I agree with what you said, still, that isn't what I was asking. I was asking which answer between OldBear and I regarding how a person goes to heaven is one that represents true Christianity.

We can't know someone has the Holy Spirit just because that person says so. We know them by their fruits. And if someone isn't holding to the true gospel.... can they truly have the fruit of the Holy Spirit?
First Page Refresh
Page 190 of 190 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.