Why Are We in Ukraine?

322,493 Views | 5859 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by whiterock
trey3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

trey3216 said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

Ratifies what I've been saying about Russian intentions….

Russia caused what's happening now. THEY invaded. THEY caused the westward advance of NATO. They DID have options. But they miscalculated and as a result are likely to have pieces of their anatomy handed to them.

It does not matter what are Russian interests if they do not have the power to defend them. And they don't.

Poor Russia…2000km of flat lands to defend….well, don't threaten every neighbor around you, don't invade them, don't corrupt their governments with planted parties, don't rape their women and thieve their children. I'd bet that 2000km border would be fairly docile if so. Canada ain't invading the US, nor are we invading Canada.

Yea they should be more like us….we have a 2000+km border and we just don't bother defending it so….

So you'd rather we cross over into Mexico and take matters into our own hands? That's Russia's M.O.
Yes, we've been oh so tolerant of Russia's efforts to transform Mexico into a client state and use it as a military proxy to overthrow our regime. Why can't we all just get along.

You don't have a leg to stand on here, let the two adults who know what they're talking about throw hypotheticals at each other.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Redbrickbear
lol I would laugh at how ridiculous Canada is…but we are fast approaching their level.

KaiBear
ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Biden has agreed to give Ukraine LONG RANGE missiles.

Now just pretend the US is fighting its own 'police action' in Mexico and Russia is not only providing billions of dollars with which to kill US troops but then agrees to supply long range missiles to our adversaries.

Missiles that could easily reach cities in the US.

Really think we would just sit idly by indefintely ?

We are being led, step by step, into war with Russia.
By an 80 year old dementia case.

Do you think that Russia hasn't already done this? How can you be 100 years old and not know this?
How can you be 40 something and still be in debt up to your ass ?
That is only half way up. You really are a moron
CIB in the closet and 12 million clear.

Meanwhile all the 'combat' clerk has is debt and a keyboard.

Gotta luv the internet.
Where people on their death bed brag about their imaginary money
LOL

'Imaginary'

Keep telling yourself that debt boy. Maybe Mommy and Daddy will bail you out; however I wouldn't count on it.

But if it makes you feel any better, both of my sons made their first million in their early 30's.
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Now just pretend the US is fighting its own 'police action' in Mexico and Russia is not only providing billions of dollars with which to kill US troops but then agrees to supply long range missiles to our adversaries.

Do you think that Russia hasn't already done this? How can you be 100 years old and not know this?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

Keep telling yourself that debt boy. Maybe Mommy and Daddy will bail you out; however I wouldn't count on it.

But if it makes you feel any better, both of my sons made their first million in their early 30's.

Can we stick to subjects?
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

ATL Bear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Biden, Haley, Lindsey, etc. please defend this.

It's hard to defend doing this now, particularly the farm and business subsidies. These are the types of things you do post conflict, not during the active conflict due to the risk of loss. If you look back at the Marshall Plan you'd see these types of programs. The first responder, mine finders, etc. allocation is a tossup as that's sort of an active conflict need, but I understand the optics being viewed as a negative.

Yes, the numbers are big.
Yes, it is frustrating Biden is willing to spend it in Ukraine and not on our border.
But that itself does not undermine the need for spending it in Ukraine.
We need to do BOTH.

But we are not doing both....that is the whole point.

Our leaders are spending money fighting the Russians over some frozen tundra and rusting out ex-Soviet towns in the eastern Donbas region of Ukraine... somewhere that almost no American had ever heard of before a few years ago.

While they let 200,000+ 3rd worlders pour over our border every single month.

The idea that the average middle class American should support the continuation of this monstrous situation is unreasonable.
so then why are you arguing for TWO bad (and unrelated) things to happen? Do you think forcing your Congressman to vote to defund Ukraine is going to cause Biden to pick up the phone and tell the Border Parol to repel boarders? (of course not.)

Liquidating our out-dated military hardware to Ukraine so they can grind up the Russian military is GOOD policy. Take it the deal. Then work on the border separately.

KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

LOL

Of course.

So exactly which of the world's problems are we going to solve on this univerity fan site ?
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

LOL

Of course.

So exactly which of the world's problems are we going to solve on this univerity fan site ?
Well, it would be better than the "yeah, kaibear you are great" thread. I know that would be nice and reaffirming for you, but the rest of us may want to discuss something else.

But, don't let me stop those that want to congratulate you on a life well lived... : )
muddybrazos

The incompetence of this admin never ceases to amaze me. I hope Russa blows up every single one of those Abrams tanks on day 1.
FLBear5630
muddybrazos said:

The incompetence of this admin never ceases to amaze me. I hope Russa blows up every single one of those Abrams tanks on day 1.
This has to be a joke...
Bear8084
FLBear5630 said:

muddybrazos said:

This has to be a joke...

You would think so....
FLBear5630
Bear8084 said:

FLBear5630 said:

muddybrazos said:

This has to be a joke...

You would think so....
I guarantee you if Russia had T-14s against us in a similar situation, we would hunt them. You would have Cav Scouts, Satelite, drones, recon flights.
Bear8084
FLBear5630 said:

Bear8084 said:

FLBear5630 said:

muddybrazos said:

This has to be a joke...

You would think so....
I guarantee you if Russia had T-14s against us in a similar situation, we would hunt them. You would have Cav Scouts, Satelite, drones, recon flights.

Of course, it's war. The Twitter handle is also not reliable, so grain of salt and all that.
ron.reagan
KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

Canada2017 energy here. No one cares about your wealth on the internet old man
trey3216
muddybrazos said:

Don't get your hopes up....they won't
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
muddybrazos
Bear8084 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bear8084 said:

FLBear5630 said:

muddybrazos said:

This has to be a joke...

You would think so....

Of course, it's war. The Twitter handle is also not reliable, so grain of salt and all that.
It is apparently a real quote. I'm not sure what Lloyd Austin or anyone in this regime has done to make you think they're competent on any level.
Bear8084
muddybrazos said:

Bear8084 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bear8084 said:

FLBear5630 said:

muddybrazos said:

This has to be a joke...

You would think so....

It is apparently a real quote. I'm not sure what Lloyd Austin or anyone in this regime has done to make you think they're competent on any level.

Ok.
Bear8084
ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

I mean, who do you think it is?
ron.reagan
Bear8084 said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

Is it? KaiBear is an odd name for aggy
Bear8084
ron.reagan said:

Bear8084 said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

Is it? KaiBear is an odd name for aggy

Not 100% sure, but it sure reads like him in a lot of posts.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

LOL

Of course.

Well, it would be better than the "yeah, kaibear you are great" thread. I know that would be nice and reaffirming for you, but the rest of us may want to discuss something else.

But, don't let me stop those that want to congratulate you on a life well lived... : )
LOL

Well when the previous comment suggests I am on my death bed, its not the worst thing in the world to return 'serve'.

Especially when its the truth.

KaiBear
ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

Kiddo, I am far more proud of my CIB.

Meanwhile you internet tough guys 100 miles behind the **** want still another war. Of course actually volunteering to fight is beyond your 'skill set'.

I for one don't want to attend any more funerals with flag drapped coffins.

Especially when the realities involved demand closed casket services.
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

LOL

Of course.

LOL

Well when the previous comment suggests I am on my death bed, its not the worst thing in the world to return 'serve'.

I couldn't resist an easy layup.

If you are well off, more power to you.

I do disagree with your view on only those with CIBs have the right to discuss conflicts, but we beat that to death in other conversations. My experience in the military showed me there are alot of factors in what one does when they serve- job, combat service, or mission. When you enlist and where you are stationed plays are big role. I am good with anyone with a Honorable Discharge. I have less of an issue with a cook with an Honorable than a 11b with a General. But, that is just me. I know some that believe they deserve more VA benefits if Infantry. I have heard both ways.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

LOL

Of course.

LOL

I do disagree with your view on only those with CIBs have the right to discuss conflicts, but we beat that to death in other conversations. My experience in the military showed me there are alot of factors in what one does when they serve- job, combat service, or mission. When you enlist and where you are stationed plays are big role. I am good with anyone with a Honorable Discharge. I have less of an issue with a cook with an Honorable than a 11b with a General. But, that is just me. I know some that believe they deserve more VA benefits if Infantry. I have heard both ways.

The further from the bloodshed, from the screaming, from the smell of burning flesh. The more war like the man.

And few are further removed than our current batch of politicians.

Meanwhile clueless internet 'tough guys' believe they are somehow immune to the realities of a war with Russia.

Just another video game.

FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

LOL

Of course.

LOL

The further from the bloodshed, from the screaming, from the smell of burning flesh. The more war like the man.

Meanwhile clueless internet 'tough guys' believe they are somehow immune to the realities of a war with Russia.

Just another video game.

I agree with you there.

I may not have been in a combat MOS in Desert Storm, but I was in Kuwait and saw the inhuman destruction. Desert Storm may not have been the human combat disaster that Afghanistan and Iraq were, but the environmental damage was astronomical with those oil fires. Will stay with me for the rest of my life.

So, I do agree with you that seeing it first hand is life changing.

As for Ukraine, they were invaded. That changes alot of things. It is like Pearl Harbor. It changes the approach, in my opinion.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

LOL

Of course.

LOL

Just another video game.

I agree with you there.

I may not have been in a combat MOS in Desert Storm, but I was in Kuwait and saw the inhuman destruction. Desert Storm may not have been the human combat disaster that Afghanistan and Iraq were, but the environmental damage was astronomical with those oil fires. Will stay with me for the rest of my life.

As for Ukraine, they were invaded. That changes alot of things. It is like Pearl Harbor. It changes the approach, in my opinion.
For hundreds of years the US never cared what Russia did to Ukraine.

Mass executions, forced mass starvations, millions of Ukranians dead.

So why NOW are we spending billions of dollars and openly risking World War Three with a nuclear super power ?

Ukraine was invaded because the United States was constantly pushing for Ukraine to join NATO. Because the United States was increasingly involved in Ukainian politics and internal affairs. WHY ?

If magically the US has a new policy toward other countries why isn't the US involved in the horrible tribal wars in Aftica ? Hundreds of thousands have died there over the years. Why aren't we spending billions of dollars THERE ?

We are being led still again into another useless war .

And still again the upper crust, Ivy League crowd will do the least amount of dying in it.
ron.reagan
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

LOL

Of course.

LOL

Just another video game.

I agree with you there.

So why NOW are we spending billions of dollars and openly risking World War Three with a nuclear super power ?

Ukraine was invaded because the United States was constantly pushing for Ukraine to join NATO. Because the United States was increasingly involved in Ukainian politics and internal affairs. WHY ?

If magically the US has a new policy toward other countries why isn't the US involved in the horrible tribal wars in Aftica ? Hundreds of thousands have died there over the years. Why aren't we spending billions of dollars THERE ?

And still again the upper crust, Ivy League crowd will do the least amount of dying in it.
How could you be 100 years old and also not know we are spending billions of dollars in Africa?
ATL Bear
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

LOL

Of course.

LOL

Just another video game.

I agree with you there.

We spent Billions fighting the Soviets. What part made you think we didn't care?
KaiBear
ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

LOL

Of course.

LOL

Just another video game.

I agree with you there.

How could you be 100 years old and also not know we are spending billions of dollars in Africa?
LOL

You are so dense.

There is no comparison between the money spent in Ukraine in just the last 2 years, with what has been dumped in the entire continent of Africa in the last five.

And of course the bigger question is why now ? Ukraine has been under the thumb of Russia for centuries. Yet magically Biden is willing to risk WW3 on behalf of Ukraine.

Have you enlisted in the Ukranian army yet internet warrior ? They need fresh meat for their offensive.
Time to put your 'skills' to real use.

Maybe Hunter Biden will be in the same fox hole with you.
ron.reagan
We've spent billions which is what you said we didn't do. Looks like we gave $15 billion to Africa in 2020 so 15*5 would be...a comparison.

*your question for reference "Why aren't we spending billions of dollars THERE ?"
Redbrickbear
KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

Anyone notice ?

Gotta luv the internet.
LOL

'Imaginary'

LOL

Of course.

LOL

Just another video game.

I agree with you there.

LOL

You are so dense.

There is no comparison between the money spent in Ukraine in just the last 2 years, with what has been dumped in the entire continent of Africa in the last five…

https://x.com/mask_*******/status/1706820952745476146?s=46&t=M0bDAyo9sOCd-LdXt_rpmA

Where your tax dollars go…

ron.reagan
That animanaics clip is probably banned in China
Harrison Bergeron
Just curious ... asking for a unicorn I know .. who can make the affirmative case that artificially funding Ukraine's economy serves what national interests of the U.S.?
KaiBear
Harrison Bergeron said:

Just curious ... asking for a unicorn I know .. who can make the affirmative case that artificially funding Ukraine's economy serves what national interests of the U.S.?

The US has provided Ukraine over 76 billion dollars in less than 2 years.

Brilliant.

FLBear5630
Harrison Bergeron said:

Maybe I am a Reagan Cold War guy, but I agreed with Scott and Haley last night on Ukraine. Anything we do to weaken Putin is good for US.
Realitybites
Quote:

Maybe I am a Reagan Cold War guy, but I agreed with Scott and Haley last night on Ukraine. Anything we do to weaken Putin is good for US

Newsflash: the USSR fell. There are more communists in American universities and Washington DC in 2023 than in Moscow. Modern Russia is a state with a 13% flat tax, a resurgence of Christianity, and strong pro-family policies. I would much rather live in Moscow than LA, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Philadelphia, or New York.

What democrats and neocons - though I believe for different reasons - are arguing for is expanding a proxy war against a nuclear armed peer. That will be a first in world history and something to be avoided. Let's hope the evil and stupid shortsightedness of those two groups don't make it the last.
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 168

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.