Why Are We in Ukraine?

242,815 Views | 5093 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by whiterock
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'm asking for an end game, not a wish list. At this point our grievances, whether real or imagined, have led us to attack Russia's nuclear early warning system. How far do we escalate when that doesn't work? And to what end?
You're asking for the end game of the wrong party.
So we don't need a plan. We'll just win because we're right and they're wrong.

Suicidal arrogance summed up in a line.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'm asking for an end game, not a wish list. At this point our grievances, whether real or imagined, have led us to attack Russia's nuclear early warning system. How far do we escalate when that doesn't work? And to what end?

Actually it isn't suicidal arrogance, it's practicality in our intertwined world. Russia is learning the lesson we did in Afghanistan. It's harder to end wars than it is to start them. Unfortunately for them, this isn't some low value backwoods hell hole, this was a nation on the brink of EU membership with Western aspirations so the resistance is greater and stakes higher. So yes, their end game is the critical ask.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Actually it isn't suicidal arrogance, it's practicality in our intertwined world. Russia is learning the lesson we did in Afghanistan. It's harder to end wars than it is to start them. Unfortunately for them, this isn't some low value backwoods hell hole, this was a nation on the brink of EU membership with Western aspirations so the resistance is greater and stakes higher. So yes, their end game is the critical ask.
They already told us.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

They already told us.
Which version and period of time?
KaiBear
sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

I'm 55 and have never voted for a Dem. I do plan on leaving my Pres ballot blank.

And I was just making the point that nobody really knows what Trump will do about Ukraine if he wins. He's been all over the place and back.

Trump is not an unknown commodity.

He was president for 4 years.

And in those 4 years Trump kept the US out of foreign wars.

Despite all the fear mongering Trumps foreign policy moves were excellent for the most part.
Friendly wager . . . I bet that, if Trump wins, he will not end Ukraine support.

Friendly wager

If Trump wins the war in Ukraine will be over within 8 months of his inauguration.
sombear
KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

I'm 55 and have never voted for a Dem. I do plan on leaving my Pres ballot blank.

And I was just making the point that nobody really knows what Trump will do about Ukraine if he wins. He's been all over the place and back.

Trump is not an unknown commodity.

He was president for 4 years.

And in those 4 years Trump kept the US out of foreign wars.

Despite all the fear mongering Trumps foreign policy moves were excellent for the most part.
Friendly wager . . . I bet that, if Trump wins, he will not end Ukraine support.

Friendly wager

If Trump wins the war in Ukraine will be over within 8 months of his inauguration.
I'll take that bet, but curious how you see that playing out.
Bestweekeverr
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

You guys sure like Russia. Or maybe just dislike the US??? I don't know but there really seems to be support for Putin's Special Military Operation among a group. Really, struggling to see why invading another Nation is a "good thing", yet selling weapons to a Nation to defend itself is evil. Really puzzled...
They want the US to be more like Russia.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

You guys sure like Russia. Or maybe just dislike the US??? I don't know but there really seems to be support for Putin's Special Military Operation among a group. Really, struggling to see why invading another Nation is a "good thing", yet selling weapons to a Nation to defend itself is evil. Really puzzled...
Remember how some of us have talked about the American goal of weakening and breaking up Russia? You'd probably call it a conspiracy theory. Sombear's sources call it "decolonization." It's the same thing. They're just bringing it out in the open now with a catchy new brand name.

In reality it's the rough equivalent of saying the US should be made to divide itself along ethnic lines and give up parts of its territory to Hispanics, American Indians, and so on. What makes it spit take-worthy is the blatant hypocrisy. Obviously we would never agree to anything like that.
Ok, this is where you are off base. It is already done and they did agree to it. You are making an argument that should have been made in 1992ish. This is not a conversation of HOW should the Soviet Union break apart, that ship has sailed. The borders were agreed upon and a lease cut for the port.

Now, 40 years later you are saying renegotiate or be invaded. And then actually invading. Saying this is what we think the borders should be now. So, basically there is NO discussion, NO renegotiation just do what we want or we attack you. And in 10 years if we decide we like something else, give it to us or you know what we will do. AND you are good with it.

No, you don't understand. We're not talking about the breakup of the Soviet Union. We're talking about the breakup of Russia itself. That's the threat that Putin believes he's fighting when he draws the line in Ukraine. This talk of decolonization only confirms what he's been saying.

Than why did they agree?

Putin draws the line? What makes anyone think Putin draws the line at Ukraine? When has Russia stood by anything they say? Remember, they agreed to Ukraine. Until they didn't.
Why did they agree to what?

The creation of Ukraine. They agreed. Ukraine was not some breakaway Republic. There was a lot of negotiation. Now it is unacceptable?? 40 years later? Now as you say it is existential to Russia? BS.
They don't consider Ukraine's existence to be a threat. They consider Ukraine's military alliance with the West to be a threat, and that's why there was a neutrality agreement when Ukraine became independent. They've been very clear about this.

That was AFTER Russia annexed Crimea in 2014 they voted to abandon neutrality. You think taking Crimea changed things s bit?

I really don't get the benefit of being a Putin surrogate. He took Crimea and invaded a neighboring Nation. You and Red have been going through months of mental/historic gymnastics to make thst not only OK, but the US\NATO/Ukraines fault.

He doesn't invade, no US/NATO weapons.
Blinken told Putin in January 2022 that we reserved the right to put nuclear missiles in Ukraine. The only thing up for discussion was how many.

It's more likely that without the prospect of US/NATO weapons, Russia doesn't invade.
link?
Putin talked about it last week while delivering his ultimatum to Ukraine.
Please tell me you're joking
I forgot the "just listen to Putin" crowd never actually listens. Please tell me you're not that brainwashed.
I don't trust any politicians. But if I had to rank them, yes, I'd probably trust Putin the least.

That has never been reported anywhere. I find it exceedingly difficult to believe - even if it the source was someone other than Putin. To paraphrase Pat Buchanan on Slick Willy, how do you know when Putin is lying . . . his lips are moving.
It was widely reported that Blinken met with Lavrov (not Putin -- my mistake), that the placement of weapons on Russia's border was an issue, and that no agreement was reached. We already have nuclear-capable installations in Romania and Poland. Nor is anyone denying Putin's claim on our side. It's really not that hard to believe unless you're determined not to.
My how your initial allegation has evolved.

And you accuse others of moving the goalposts? LOL.
trey3216
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Remember how some of us have talked about the American goal of weakening and breaking up Russia? You'd probably call it a conspiracy theory. Sombear's sources call it "decolonization." It's the same thing. They're just bringing it out in the open now with a catchy new brand name.

In reality it's the rough equivalent of saying the US should be made to divide itself along ethnic lines and give up parts of its territory to Hispanics, American Indians, and so on. What makes it spit take-worthy is the blatant hypocrisy. Obviously we would never agree to anything like that.
Ok, this is where you are off base. It is already done and they did agree to it. You are making an argument that should have been made in 1992ish. This is not a conversation of HOW should the Soviet Union break apart, that ship has sailed. The borders were agreed upon and a lease cut for the port.

Now, 40 years later you are saying renegotiate or be invaded. And then actually invading. Saying this is what we think the borders should be now. So, basically there is NO discussion, NO renegotiation just do what we want or we attack you. And in 10 years if we decide we like something else, give it to us or you know what we will do. AND you are good with it.

No, you don't understand. We're not talking about the breakup of the Soviet Union. We're talking about the breakup of Russia itself. That's the threat that Putin believes he's fighting when he draws the line in Ukraine. This talk of decolonization only confirms what he's been saying.
So he needed to invade Ukraine to prevent the internal breakup of Russia? That's incredible!
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Than why did they agree?

Putin draws the line? What makes anyone think Putin draws the line at Ukraine? When has Russia stood by anything they say? Remember, they agreed to Ukraine. Until they didn't.

The creation of Ukraine. They agreed. Ukraine was not some breakaway Republic. There was a lot of negotiation. Now it is unacceptable?? 40 years later? Now as you say it is existential to Russia? BS.
They don't consider Ukraine's existence to be a threat. They consider Ukraine's military alliance with the West to be a threat, and that's why there was a neutrality agreement when Ukraine became independent. They've been very clear about this.

That was AFTER Russia annexed Crimea in 2014 they voted to abandon neutrality. You think taking Crimea changed things s bit?

I really don't get the benefit of being a Putin surrogate. He took Crimea and invaded a neighboring Nation. You and Red have been going through months of mental/historic gymnastics to make thst not only OK, but the US\NATO/Ukraines fault.

Blinken told Putin in January 2022 that we reserved the right to put nuclear missiles in Ukraine. The only thing up for discussion was how many.

It's more likely that without the prospect of US/NATO weapons, Russia doesn't invade.
link?
Please tell me you're joking
I forgot the "just listen to Putin" crowd never actually listens. Please tell me you're not that brainwashed.
I don't trust any politicians. But if I had to rank them, yes, I'd probably trust Putin the least.

That has never been reported anywhere. I find it exceedingly difficult to believe - even if it the source was someone other than Putin. To paraphrase Pat Buchanan on Slick Willy, how do you know when Putin is lying . . . his lips are moving.
It was widely reported that Blinken met with Lavrov (not Putin -- my mistake), that the placement of weapons on Russia's border was an issue, and that no agreement was reached. We already have nuclear-capable installations in Romania and Poland. Nor is anyone denying Putin's claim on our side. It's really not that hard to believe unless you're determined not to.
My how your initial allegation has evolved.

And you accuse others of moving the goalposts? LOL.
Move along, the grown-ups are talking.
trey3216
KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Than why did they agree?

The eventual placement of NATO nuclear weapons in Ukraine was completely unacceptable to the security of Russia.

The United States bares a significant amount of responsibility for the Russian response and the resulting deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

Possibly the worst foreign policy blunder since US troops invaded North Korea while ignoring China's warnings that they would respond with a million troops.
The US was not going to put Nuclear weapons in Ukraine. There's no need to do so. Where the hell do y'all come up with this shlt?
trey3216
Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Than why did they agree?

link?
And like a good cum dumpster, you lapped it up as if they were words in red from The Good Book.
Mothra
Thanks for the grown-up response.
trey3216
KaiBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Time to write a check to Trumps campaign.
Lol. Think he has any aim to stop this? I'd bet the aid to Ukraine ramps up if Trump is elected
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

They already told us.
We know how they plan to win the war in Ukraine. How do we plan to win it? How many missiles fired across Russia's border will it take? What's next if that doesn't work?
trey3216
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

They already told us.
We know how they plan to win the war in Ukraine. How do we plan to win it? How many missiles fired across Russia's border will it take? What's next if that doesn't work?
Well, Ukraine has nearly made Air Defense radar and missile sites in Crimea completely useless over the past month. Russia is having to divert what systems they have left to Belgorod region and further into Russia. Ukraine is also about to get a bunch of F16's from European nations. They will finish the job and the invasion of Crimea from Kherson will happen shortly after. Crimea will be under Ukrainian control again. Mark that down.

Russia's "advance" in the Kharkiv area has already ended and is heading back towards lines from months back. They're not advancing much in the Donbas area right now either. They're literally having to deploy tanks from the 1950's and using Lada buses to deliver ammo and supplies. India, yes their BRICS buddy India, is about to sanction them for continuing to try and lure foreign nationals to Russia for "government jobs" and then sending them to die in Stalingrad style meat waves.

Russia's plan to win the war in Ukraine died 2 days after the invasion started, which means their plan to win the war in Ukraine died before it was ever implemented. They failed terribly.
FLBear5630
Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

What puzzles me is that I see Russia literally forcing Nations to do what they want, with tanks, and that is fine. I see China literally occupying Tibet, Hong Kong, and trying to get Taiwan with force.

I don't see NATO or the US forcing anyone to apply, you have to apply and be accepted into NATO. Yet, according to some on this Board, the US is the bad guy... Poor Putin is being forced to invade Ukraine.

If the US WAS like Putin's Russia, the US would invade and hold Ukraine, invade and hold Cuba, and not allow navigation around the US. But, poor Putin. He is the real victim in this.

Just don't get it. Only thing that makes sense is that they are Attorneys and are trying to see if they can defend the indefensible. Some legal training exercise.
KaiBear
trey3216 said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Than why did they agree?

The eventual placement of NATO nuclear weapons in Ukraine was completely unacceptable to the security of Russia.

The United States bares a significant amount of responsibility for the Russian response and the resulting deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

Possibly the worst foreign policy blunder since US troops invaded North Korea while ignoring China's warnings that they would respond with a million troops.
The US was not going to put Nuclear weapons in Ukraine. There's no need to do so. Where the hell do y'all come up with this shlt?

Yeah the US has never put nukes in NATO countries.

Heaven forbid.

Of course both Russia and the United States possess the most dangerous nuclear platforms.

Boomer submarines.

On any given day each country has 3-5 such submarines off each others coast line.

With each sub possessing 18 - 22 missiles and each missile capable of releasing 1-4 independently trackable nuclear warheads.

Warning time after such a launch ……less than 25 minutes.

Meanwhile Joe Biden keeps supplying Ukraine non nuclear missiles with which to hit Russia.

Insanity

Bestweekeverr
FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

What puzzles me is that I see Russia literally forcing Nations to do what they want, with tanks, and that is fine. I see China literally occupying Tibet, Hong Kong, and trying to get Taiwan with force.

I don't see NATO or the US forcing anyone to apply, you have to apply and be accepted into NATO. Yet, according to some on this Board, the US is the bad guy... Poor Putin is being forced to invade Ukraine.

If the US WAS like Putin's Russia, the US would invade and hold Ukraine, invade and hold Cuba, and not allow navigation around the US. But, poor Putin. He is the real victim in this.

Just don't get it. Only thing that makes sense is that they are Attorneys and are trying to see if they can defend the indefensible. Some legal training exercise.
I think they just equate the West/NATO with leftist progressives and see Russia as a force against that.

I think they would rather live in a dictatorship of their party than a democracy involving opposing views.
Sam Lowry
Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

I think they just equate the West/NATO with leftist progressives and see Russia as a force against that.

I think they would rather live in a dictatorship of their party than a democracy involving opposing views.
I'd rather live, period. I don't need to dictate how Russians and Ukrainians live if it means WW3.

How many American cities are you willing to trade for Kharkiv?
FLBear5630
Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Agree. I remember when we were taught positive things about our Nation and it was a good thing to be an American.

Now, all I hear about is the 20% we do poorly or screwed up and no mention of the 80% of the positives that come from living in the US and what the US does.

4 years under a screw up like Biden in American is still better than 1 day under a tyrant like Putin. But, I am sure there will be some on here that will say no. They live in the US, take advantage of the opportunities in the US, got educated in the US, yet the US is worse than Russia and poor victimized Putin. Amazing. I do miss Reagan and the esprit de corps that we seemed to feel. Just my opinion. I am sure I will hear how wrong I am...
Bestweekeverr
Sam Lowry said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

I'd rather live, period. I don't need to dictate how Russians and Ukrainians live if it means WW3.

WW3 is probably inevitable no matter what we do. Why let our enemies get stronger beforehand?

America shouldn't let Russia bully the world under a threat they have no interest in following up on.
Sam Lowry
FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Agree. I remember when we were taught positive things about our Nation and it was a good thing to be an American.

Now, all I hear about is the 20% we do poorly or screwed up and no mention of the 80% of the positives that come from living in the US and what the US does.

4 years under a screw up like Biden in American is still better than 1 day under a tyrant like Putin. But, I am sure there will be some on here that will say no. They live in the US, take advantage of the opportunities in the US, got educated in the US, yet the US is worse than Russia and poor victimized Putin. Amazing. I do miss Reagan and the esprit de corps that we seemed to feel. Just my opinion. I am sure I will hear how wrong I am...
Because we're better than everyone else, what is it you think is supposed to happen? The world will give us a big hug and a gold sticker?

Cheerleading isn't a strategy.
Bestweekeverr
FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Well said. We live in a country where we can vote out bad presidents.

Imagine having a president that invaded Mexico costing the lives of over 200,000 Americans, but couldn't vote them out.
Sam Lowry
Bestweekeverr said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

WW3 is probably inevitable no matter what we do. Why let our enemies get stronger beforehand?

America shouldn't let Russia bully the world under a threat they have no interest in following up on.
Sadly, that may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. But Russia is only an enemy because we've spent the last 30 years making them one (contrary to the advice of patriotic realists who knew better). We've been listening to neocon propaganda for so long that we've forgotten what sane foreign policy means.
Bestweekeverr
Sam Lowry said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Sadly, that may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. But Russia is only an enemy because we've spent the last 30 years making them one (contrary to the advice of patriotic realists who knew better). We've been listening to neocon propaganda for so long that we've forgotten what sane foreign policy means.
Yes, poor Russia is blameless for why it is a diplomatic pariah for much of the developed world.

Sam Lowry
Bestweekeverr said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Yes, poor Russia is blameless for why it is a diplomatic pariah for much of the developed world.

So, how many cities?
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Because we're better than everyone else, what is it you think is supposed to happen? The world will give us a big hug and a gold sticker?

This is a Baylor Board, not the UN! I expect the pot shots from China, Russia, Iran, etc... Baylor? Not so much. There is enough negative propaganda against the US in the world, they don't need any help from inside the US.

As for cheerleading, sure is better than beating up your own people. Talk to Chinese, they are proud of their Nation and will defend 1China and China's expected place in the world. Talk to Russians, they are scared to talk against it because of how their countrymen will react. Talk to a lot of Americans, the US is responsible for all evil in the world or we are incompetent. Education system has done its job well.

But, you are a reasonable, sophisticated man, keep defending Putin He is counting on it. Meanwhile he holds people that go against Mother Russia in such contempt he assassinates and poisons them. I am sure he thinks highly of Americans pointing out America's flaws.
Sam Lowry
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

This is a Baylor Board, not the UN! I expect the pot shots from China, Russia, Iran, etc... Baylor? Not so much. There is enough negative propaganda against the US in the world, they don't need any help from inside the US.

As for cheerleading, sure is better than beating up your own people. Talk to Chinese, they are proud of their Nation and will defend 1China and China's expected place in the world. Talk to Russians, they are scared to talk against it because of how their countrymen will react. Talk to a lot of Americans, the US is responsible for all evil in the world or we are incompetent. Education system has done its job well.

But, you are a reasonable, sophisticated man, keep defending Putin He is counting on it. Meanwhile he holds people that go against Mother Russia in such contempt he assassinates and poisons them. I am sure he thinks highly of Americans pointing out America's flaws.
When you do business, do you want your company to learn from its mistakes and improve? Or do you want it to double down on incompetence just to show you're strong and no one can tell you anything? How well does that work in the real world?
trey3216
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

When you do business, do you want your company to learn from its mistakes and improve? Or do you want it to double down on incompetence just to show you're strong and no one can tell you anything? How well does that work in the real world?
Perhaps you should go ask Vlad and his army of gangsters. They've been on the ferris wheel of doubling down and repeating old habits for decades now.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Internal, you double down. Outward facing, you continue to show a strong, confident front. If you want a run on the banks or to close down show "the real problems" to the public?

The US blaming Ukraine on Nuland does not make the US stronger. It does not give our allies confidence to stand by us. This is why Obama's apology tour was so bad. People say, it is only one person on a message board or just one person. You think that soldier defecting to North Korea was viewed as a positive?

What people think is level-headed and showing logical credibility is received by enemies as weakness and " a house divided". That is why I am so against the current Congressional make-up. AOC and her crowd AND MTG and her crowd are not helping the US on the world stage. Actually, they probably have more South American nations running to the Belt and Road Program. Total transparency is not a good thing if it re-enforces your enemies.

But, we have no internal pride left, it is more about what can I get and cash out. Sorry, but call me tin foil hat but I honestly believe these sites are monitored by China and Russia. That the message they send out to the US is crafted by what they read and to get more people believing for example that Nuland caused Ukraine and Russia is a victim.
trey3216
FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Internal, you double down. Outward facing, you continue to show a strong, confident front. If you want a run on the banks or to close down show "the real problems" to the public?

The US blaming Ukraine on Nuland does not make the US stronger. It does not give our allies confidence to stand by us. This is why Obama's apology tour was so bad. People say, it is only one person on a message board or just one person. You think that soldier defecting to North Korea was viewed as a positive?

What people think is level-headed and showing logical credibility is received by enemies as weakness and " a house divided". That is why I am so against the current Congressional make-up. AOC and her crowd AND MTG and her crowd are not helping the US on the world stage. Actually, they probably have more South American nations running to the Belt and Road Program. Total transparency is not a good thing if it re-enforces your enemies.

But, we have no internal pride left, it is more about what can I get and cash out. Sorry, but call me tin foil hat but I honestly believe these sites are monitored by China and Russia. That the message they send out to the US is crafted by what they read and to get more people believing for example that Nuland caused Ukraine and Russia is a victim.
Most of them aren't monitored by Russia and China, they were created by Russia and China to sow the discord in the politesse that we've seen for the last 15-20 years and that you are speaking of.
Doc Holliday
FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Nobody here wants to live in an oligarchy like Russia.

The problem is primarily around the war in Afghanistan which shows our political elite will abuse war. They spent $8 Trillion of taxpayer money on failed nation building, got a bunch of innocent people killed and we're expected to forgive and forget about it as if it was an honest mistake. It clearly shows they're terrible at decision making when it comes to war. I don't want to hear any bs like "we've learned from our mistakes", we haven't. The reason that war lasted so long is because it laundered money through the iron triangle of congress.

Based on this I assume the goal of our political elite to pull the strings of the Ukraine war to purposely mimic a forever war. There's too much money at stake for that not to be the case. They're not interested in fulfilling what you think is right which is to get Russia to back off. What they interested in is CAUSING WW3 or a war that will last at minimum a decade.

What we fundamentally disagree on is that you believe the US isn't full of wolves in sheep's clothing in power and that they're honest people with good intentions. They're obviously not good people, they're in it for the money.

This is what it feels like:
FLBear5630
trey3216 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Most of them aren't monitored by Russia and China, they were created by Russia and China to sow the discord in the politesse that we've seen for the last 15-20 years and that you are speaking of.
Yeah, that is my feeling. To make the enlightened feel special.

I remember getting briefed in the military back in the 80's about to be aware of techniques elicit sympathy and camaraderie. I remember one was to make you feel like you had insight that others don't. The you are special line.

The place I see it besides political discussions is finance. Start a thread on how no one saves, how much debt people have or retirement. Watch the crowd come out to pat themselves on the back and tell everyone how great they did and how great they are. Couldn't write the names down fast enough. I would think Psy-Ops is similar.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Bestweekeverr said:

FLBear5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

These guys get it.

Neither is being the disgruntled teen where Mom and Dad are always wrong.
First Page Last Page
Page 138 of 146

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.