Netanyahu said "we are at war,"

221,351 Views | 4682 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ATL Bear
muddybrazos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

I'm also a civilized human being. This makes taking sides in the Israel vs Hamas conflict easy.
You have been brain washed by Zionism. The modern state of Israel is not the Israel of the Bible. They despise Christ and Christians. i'm not saying Hamas is good in any way but Israel has done a laundry list of terrible things and they control America and use us to do their bidding while we pay for it. We need AIPAC out of our politics and end Zio control over our govt.
Just to clarify... do you think that modern Israelis are not Jews? I know that some are atheists, some are muslims, some are Christians... but are they of Jewish heritage in your opinion?
I guess they are of Jewish hertiage but when you read the New Testament Christ makes it clear that doesnt matter bc he is the new Israel and you must follow him. Israelis mock and spit on followers of Christ. They need to repent and come to Jesus and quit trying to "repair the world" in some satanic luciferian way that the Kaballah or Zohar or whatever the Talmud says.
Guy Noir
muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

I'm also a civilized human being. This makes taking sides in the Israel vs Hamas conflict easy.
You have been brain washed by Zionism. The modern state of Israel is not the Israel of the Bible. They despise Christ and Christians. i'm not saying Hamas is good in any way but Israel has done a laundry list of terrible things and they control America and use us to do their bidding while we pay for it. We need AIPAC out of our politics and end Zio control over our govt.
Just to clarify... do you think that modern Israelis are not Jews? I know that some are atheists, some are muslims, some are Christians... but are they of Jewish heritage in your opinion?
I guess they are of Jewish hertiage but when you read the New Testament Christ makes it clear that doesnt matter bc he is the new Israel and you must follow him. Israelis mock and spit on followers of Christ. They need to repent and come to Jesus and quit trying to "repair the world" in some satanic luciferian way that the Kaballah or Zohar or whatever the Talmud says.
Can you point to an example where Jewish people spit on Christians?
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

the Israelis are the evil ones...

They are not as bad as Hamas…but they are certainly no Boy Scouts

They have been waging a pretty ruthless war against the Arabs in the area since 1948…all to create an ethnic-Jewish homeland.

As is often the case, you ignore who started all these wars and battles.
muddybrazos
Guy Noir said:

muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

these are just a few and also I remind you that Bibi's Likud party tried to pass a law making it a jailable offense to tell people about Jesus.
The_barBEARian
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

They have been waging a pretty ruthless war against the Arabs in the area since 1948…all to create an ethnic-Jewish homeland.

Come on now...its been a tit for tat conflict over there since 1948

(PS its also not our problem)
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

Starting three wars and multiple intifadas . . . Not tit for tat.

As I've posted countless times, as with Ukraine, I get the argument that it's not our problem. However, the silly points made by many on both issues makes it clear it's much deeper than that.
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

Obviously the Palestinians would view a 60 year occupation of the West Bank...their country (and Gaza until 2005) as a provocation and illegal act.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_occupation_of_the_West_Bank

[The West Bank, including East Jerusalem, has been under military occupation by Israel since 7 June 1967, when Israeli forces captured the territory...during the Six-Day War. The status of the West Bank as a militarily occupied territory has been affirmed by the International Court of Justice ]

https://operationalsupport.un.org/en/israels-illegal-occupation-of-palestinian-territory-tantamount-to-settler-colonialism-un-expert

[Israel's occupation is illegal and indistinguishable from a "settler-colonial" situation, which must end, as a pre-condition for Palestinians to exercise their right to self-determination, the UN's independent expert on the occupied Palestinian territory said on Thursday.]
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

Obviously the Palestinians would view a 60 year occupation of the West Bank...their country (and Gaza until 2005) as a provocation and illegal act.

[The West Bank, including East Jerusalem, has been under military occupation by Israel since 7 June 1967, when Israeli forces captured the territory...during the Six-Day War. The status of the West Bank as a militarily occupied territory has been affirmed by the International Court of Justice ]

https://operationalsupport.un.org/en/israels-illegal-occupation-of-palestinian-territory-tantamount-to-settler-colonialism-un-expert

[Israel's occupation is illegal and indistinguishable from a "settler-colonial" situation, which must end, as a pre-condition for Palestinians to exercise their right to self-determination, the UN's independent expert on the occupied Palestinian territory said on Thursday.]

Again, in response to all out invasions, attacks, and/or provocations.

In my view, Palestine is lucky all that came out of it was occupation and lucky that they retained much freedom during the occupation.

Redbrickbear
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

Israel's war in 1967 was against Jordan (and some other Arab states)

Its been at peace with Jordan and Egypt now for decades.

So why is Israel still militarily occupying the West Bank and keeping millions of Palestinians under bayonet rule?

With all the excuses you make for the occupation (some valid for why it took place) you still have not come out and said when Israel should be taking their army home....

[JERUSALEM
Under a torrent of criticism from his right-wing party, Prime Minister Ariel Sharon uttered words Monday that few fellow Israelis ever expected to hear from the battle-hardened political hawk: The nation must end its occupation of Palestinian lands.
"It is not possible to continue holding 3 1/2 million people under occupation," Sharon told an assembly of enraged lawmakers from his Likud Party. "You may not like the word, but what's happening is occupation. This is a terrible thing for Israel, for the Palestinians and for the Israeli economy."
The foray into peace rhetoric came one day after Sharon coaxed the Israeli Cabinet to endorse a U.S.-backed peace plan calling for the creation of a Palestinian state.]

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2003-may-27-fg-mideast27-story.html
ShooterTX
The_barBEARian said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

Why does this even matter?

Would you choose the security and economic prosperity of Israelis over your own children and grandchildren?

Because that is in essence exactly what congress has been doing for decades now and the decline in quality of life and the value of the USD during these past decades is undeniable.
I was only asking because it was mentioned that this is not the Israel of the Bible.

As far as foreign aid goes... I would only support ending aid to Israel if we ended ALL foreign aid including NATO and the UN.

If we are going to spend money overseas, then we might as well support Israel as well.
ShooterTX
ShooterTX
muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

I don't think I read the verse that says that Jesus is the new Israel and that the Jews don't matter.

I do read passages where Paul and the other Apostles say that the Gospel is for the Jews first and then the Gentiles. So that would seem to show that even after Christ died and rose again, there was still some preference for the chosen people. I agree that they need to repent and accept Christ... but I disagree with the idea that God has turned His back on the Jews, and all His promises for them are now void or transferred.
ShooterTX
ShooterTX
muddybrazos said:

Guy Noir said:

muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

these are just a few and also I remind you that Bibi's Likud party tried to pass a law making it a jailable offense to tell people about Jesus.
Just curious... did that law pass?

Crazy people often attempt to pass crazy laws, but almost always get shot down by their own party... just like this case.
ShooterTX
Whiskey Pete
historian said:

I know you are being sarcastic but the people who say that seriously are antisemites. One truly alarming issue of the past six months (ever since October 7) is how much antisemitism as reared it's head in the US & the West, and how many politicians are willing to embrace the neo-Nazi mentality.
Fascism 2.0 for the 21st century. Democrats are the new and improved Nazi
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

As always, you started the story in the middle. You forgot the wars in 1948, 1967, 1973 and countless other acts of terrorism. Amazing how you guys always just want to talk about the Israeli "occupation", but completely ignore the Jordanian, Syrian, British, Turkish and Egyptian occupations.

You are totally not antisemitic... but somehow an occupation is only bad when the Jews do it.

Also an interesting note is that the British and Jewish are the only ones who have ever tried to give the Arabs their own state in the region... but it has been rejected over and over because those Arabs refuse to allow the Jews to live alongside them.

But yeah... it's totally the Jews fault for living in their traditional homelands.
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear
ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

As always, you started the story in the middle. You forgot the wars in 1948, 1967, 1973 and countless other acts of terrorism.

No one forgot anything.

Its been a constant conflict since 1948 (really it began even earlier with the first Zionist settlements before that)

[From 1897 to 1948, the primary goal of the Zionist movement was to establish the basis for a Jewish homeland in Palestine, and thereafter to consolidate it.]

But just like the Irish & British tit for tat violence we have to ask when it will end.

Eventually the British gave the Irish a State (at least of some kind)....when will Israel pull out of the West Bank and give the Palestinians a State?
Redbrickbear
ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

But yeah... it's totally the Jews fault for living in their traditional homelands.

The Jews have a State...its in Green

Why are the continuing to occupy the Palestinian area and deny them a State?

I have also always said occupations are bad...when the US does it, with Jews do it, when Arabs do it, with Russia does it, etc.

ShooterTX
Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

As always, you started the story in the middle. You forgot the wars in 1948, 1967, 1973 and countless other acts of terrorism.

No one forgot anything.

Its been a constant conflict since 1948 (really it began even earlier with the first Zionist settlements before that)

[From 1897 to 1948, the primary goal of the Zionist movement was to establish the basis for a Jewish homeland in Palestine, and thereafter to consolidate it.]

But just like the Irish & British tit for tat violence we have to ask when it will end.

Eventually the British gave the Irish a State (at least of some kind)....when will Israel pull out of the West Bank and give the Palestinians a State?
My goodness... where have you been? Israel has been trying to do this for decades, but the Arabs refuse to allow the Jews to live in their own state of Israel.
Do you seriously not know this?

Israel pulled out of Gaza in 2006. Not a single soldier or Jew has been there for almost a decade... and that didn't work out so well.

The problem is not Israel... it is the Arabs.
ShooterTX
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

I have also always said occupations are bad...when the US does it, with Jews do it, when Arabs do it, with Russia does it, etc.

Again... Gaza has not had a single Jew since 2006, and the Gazans elected Hamas as their leaders.

Why do you continue to see the Israelis as the problem? The problems are still around when the Jews occupy Gaza, when the Egyptians occupy Gaza, when no one occupies Gaza.... maybe the problem is the people who live in Gaza??? Maybe??
ShooterTX
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

again, all that is CAUSED by Palestinian refusal to recognize Israel's right to exist and starting wars to end Israel.

If they keep starting and losing wars, they SHOULD lose more and more territory.
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

again, all that is CAUSED by Palestinian refusal to recognize Israel's right to exist and starting wars to end Israel.

If they keep starting and losing wars, they SHOULD lose more and more territory.

Other Arab states started those war.

And the 6 day war was started by Israel!

[The war began on June 5 with Israeli preemptive air strikes that destroyed 286 of Egypt's 420 combat aircraft. Israeli tanks surged across the Sinai, and its troops took over the Egypt-occupied Gaza Strip.]

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/hijacked-wars-threats-responses/#:~:text=The%20war%20began%20on%20June,the%20Egypt%2Doccupied%20Gaza%20Strip.

But the past is the past.

When is Israel going to take its army home?
The_barBEARian
ShooterTX said:

The_barBEARian said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

Why does this even matter?

Would you choose the security and economic prosperity of Israelis over your own children and grandchildren?

Because that is in essence exactly what congress has been doing for decades now and the decline in quality of life and the value of the USD during these past decades is undeniable.
I was only asking because it was mentioned that this is not the Israel of the Bible.

As far as foreign aid goes... I would only support ending aid to Israel if we ended ALL foreign aid including NATO and the UN.

If we are going to spend money overseas, then we might as well support Israel as well.

We should end all foreign aid - including NATO, UN, and Israel.

Glad we agree!
Redbrickbear
ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

Again... Gaza has not had a single Jew since 2006, and the Gazans elected Hamas as their leaders.

Good point...and they are getting bombed back into the stone age for having let Hamas take power in Gaza

Personally I don't think Israel is in the wrong in the Gaza strip. They pulled out...that was the right call...Hamas attacked them...Israel is now raining hell down on them with good reason.

But as long as Israel keeps a military occupation (& settlement activity) in the West Bank its never going to have the high moral ground.

Redbrickbear
ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

No one forgot anything.

My goodness... where have you been? Israel has been trying to do this for decades, but the Arabs refuse to allow the Jews to live in their own state of Israel.
Do you seriously not know this?

Come on bud

Israel has also NOT wanted to create a real Palestinian State...they have avoided the issue for decades kicking the can down the road.

(Mainly because they want the West Bank..for strategic reasons and for settlement)

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2024/05/palestine-israel-icc-norway-ireland-spain-gaza-netanyahu-un.html

[Israel and its allies have long held that a Palestinian state, if one is formed at all, must be the result of negotiations between Israel and Palestinians, most likely the final result and reward of a peaceful settlement. As long as Israel at least paid lip service to the idea of a two-state solution, many countries patiently awaited the results of such negotiationsor, to describe the situation more accurately, they passively ignored that such negotiations weren't happening.

Now, however, the truth can no longer be avoided, nor can the urgency for a cease-fire and at least some movement toward a grand peace. Netanyahu has publicly proclaimed, several times, that he will not accept a Palestinian state. Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, though a critic of the prime minister's war policy on some grounds, was recently captured on tape saying the same thing.

Saudi Arabia's rulers desperately want to "normalize" relations with Israel, which they see as a potent ally in their larger rivalry with Iran, but they demand that Israel at least pretend to support the idea of resuming negotiations toward a two-state solution. This is a very low bar, but Netanyahu refuses to clear even that. In part this is because he fears that if he did so, some of his coalition partners would resign, forcing new elections, which he would almost certainly lose. (If just five members of his coalition quit, his majority in parliament would vanish.) But as the Gallant tape indicates, top Israeli officials also oppose a two-state solution]
muddybrazos
ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

I don't think I read the verse that says that Jesus is the new Israel and that the Jews don't matter.

I do read passages where Paul and the other Apostles say that the Gospel is for the Jews first and then the Gentiles. So that would seem to show that even after Christ died and rose again, there was still some preference for the chosen people. I agree that they need to repent and accept Christ... but I disagree with the idea that God has turned His back on the Jews, and all His promises for them are now void or transferred.
John 1:11-12 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

Galatians 26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

So why is Israel still militarily occupying the West Bank and keeping millions of Palestinians under bayonet rule?

With all the excuses you make for the occupation (some valid for why it took place) you still have not come out and said when Israel should be taking their army home....

[JERUSALEM
Under a torrent of criticism from his right-wing party, Prime Minister Ariel Sharon uttered words Monday that few fellow Israelis ever expected to hear from the battle-hardened political hawk: The nation must end its occupation of Palestinian lands.
"It is not possible to continue holding 3 1/2 million people under occupation," Sharon told an assembly of enraged lawmakers from his Likud Party. "You may not like the word, but what's happening is occupation. This is a terrible thing for Israel, for the Palestinians and for the Israeli economy."
The foray into peace rhetoric came one day after Sharon coaxed the Israeli Cabinet to endorse a U.S.-backed peace plan calling for the creation of a Palestinian state.]

Palestinians joined in those wars.

The occupation will not end until Palestine can prove it truly wants lasting peace. I believe that will be never.

Sharon was making the point - as he often did - that neither the status quo or Israel walking away were tenable. But until there is a real solution, Israel will stay. A strong majority of Palestine wants Israel wiped off the map. Until that changes, nothing changes.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

It really is that simple.
How many peace offers have been made by Hamas?
How many peace offers have been made by Israel?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

Neither side seems to want peace...at least not peace that is not on their terms.

[In the quarter century since Israelis and Palestinians first started negotiating under US auspices in 1991, there has been no shortage of explanations for why each particular round of talks failed. The rationalizations appear and reappear in the speeches of presidents, the reports of thinktanks and the memoirs of former officials and negotiators: bad timing; artificial deadlines; insufficient preparation; scant attention from the US president; want of support from regional states; inadequate confidence-building measures; coalition politics; or leaders devoid of courage...

The Palestinians chose no agreement over one that did not meet the bare minimum supported by international law and most nations of the world. For years this consensus view supported the establishment of a Palestinian state on the pre-1967 lines with minor, equivalent land swaps that would allow Israel to annex some settlements. The Palestinian capital would be in East Jerusalem, with sovereignty over the holy site known to Jews as the Temple Mount and to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary or al-Aqsa mosque compound, and overland contiguity with the rest of the Palestinian state. Israel would withdraw its forces from the West Bank and release Palestinian prisoners. And Palestinian refugees would be offered compensation, a right to return not to their homes but to their homeland in the State of Palestine, acknowledgment of Israel's partial responsibility for the refugee problem, and, on a scale that would not perceptibly change Israel's demography, a return of some refugees to their pre-1948 lands and homes.

Israel, for its part, has consistently opted for stalemate rather than the sort of agreement outlined above. The reason is obvious: the deal's cost is much higher than the cost of making no deal. The damages Israel would risk incurring through such an accord are massive. They include perhaps the greatest political upheaval in the country's history; enormous demonstrations against if not majority rejection of Palestinian sovereignty in Jerusalem and over the Temple Mount/Noble Sanctuary; and violent rebellion by some Jewish settlers and their supporters.

There could also be bloodshed during forcible evacuations of West Bank settlements and rifts within the body implementing the evictions, the Israeli army, whose share of religious infantry officers now surpasses one third. Israel would lose military control over the West Bank]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/16/the-real-reason-the-israel-palestine-peace-process-always-fails

Redbrickbear
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

[JERUSALEM

Palestinians joined in those wars.

The occupation will not end until Palestine can prove it truly wants lasting peace. I believe that will be never.

Sharon was making the point - as he often did - that neither the status quo or Israel walking away were tenable. But until there is a real solution, Israel will stay. A strong majority of Palestine wants Israel wiped off the map. Until that changes, nothing changes.

Israel will stay in the West Bank because it thinks it can get away with it. Because it wants to eventually settle the land with a growing Jewish population. And because Israel thinks it needs the area for geo-strategic concerns

And because there might be civil war in Israel if the government tried to leave the West Bank...there are now in excess of half a million Israeli settlers living in the West Bank

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settlement

[Israel, for its part, has consistently opted for stalemate rather than the sort of agreement outlined above. The reason is obvious: the deal's cost is much higher than the cost of making no deal. The damages Israel would risk incurring through such an accord are massive. They include perhaps the greatest political upheaval in the country's history; enormous demonstrations against if not majority rejection of Palestinian sovereignty in Jerusalem and over the Temple Mount/Noble Sanctuary; and violent rebellion by some Jewish settlers and their supporters.

There could also be bloodshed during forcible evacuations of West Bank settlements and rifts within the body implementing the evictions, the Israeli army, whose share of religious infantry officers now surpasses one third. Israel would lose military control over the West Bank, resulting in less intelligence-gathering, less room for manoeuvre in future wars, and less time to react to a surprise attack. ]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/12/16/west-bank-settlers-violence-peace/

[settlers would resist. "There is a significant possibility of a civil war between the state of Israel and the settler state of Judea & Samaria]

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

Neither side seems to want peace...at least not peace that is not on their terms.

[In the quarter century since Israelis and Palestinians first started negotiating under US auspices in 1991, there has been no shortage of explanations for why each particular round of talks failed. The rationalizations appear and reappear in the speeches of presidents, the reports of thinktanks and the memoirs of former officials and negotiators: bad timing; artificial deadlines; insufficient preparation; scant attention from the US president; want of support from regional states; inadequate confidence-building measures; coalition politics; or leaders devoid of courage...

The Palestinians chose no agreement over one that did not meet the bare minimum supported by international law and most nations of the world. For years this consensus view supported the establishment of a Palestinian state on the pre-1967 lines with minor, equivalent land swaps that would allow Israel to annex some settlements. The Palestinian capital would be in East Jerusalem, with sovereignty over the holy site known to Jews as the Temple Mount and to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary or al-Aqsa mosque compound, and overland contiguity with the rest of the Palestinian state. Israel would withdraw its forces from the West Bank and release Palestinian prisoners. And Palestinian refugees would be offered compensation, a right to return not to their homes but to their homeland in the State of Palestine, acknowledgment of Israel's partial responsibility for the refugee problem, and, on a scale that would not perceptibly change Israel's demography, a return of some refugees to their pre-1948 lands and homes.

Israel, for its part, has consistently opted for stalemate rather than the sort of agreement outlined above. The reason is obvious: the deal's cost is much higher than the cost of making no deal. The damages Israel would risk incurring through such an accord are massive. They include perhaps the greatest political upheaval in the country's history; enormous demonstrations against if not majority rejection of Palestinian sovereignty in Jerusalem and over the Temple Mount/Noble Sanctuary; and violent rebellion by some Jewish settlers and their supporters.

There could also be bloodshed during forcible evacuations of West Bank settlements and rifts within the body implementing the evictions, the Israeli army, whose share of religious infantry officers now surpasses one third. Israel would lose military control over the West Bank]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/16/the-real-reason-the-israel-palestine-peace-process-always-fails
One: At the recommendation of the Peel Commission, the British, who controlled Palestine at the time, agreed to create a two-state solution, offering the Palestinian Arabs 80 per cent of the disputed territory.
The Palestinian Jews said yes, the Arabs said no.
Two: On Nov. 7, 1947, the United Nations voted to create two states. The Palestinian Jews (who changed their name to Israelis) said yes, the Palestinian Arabs said no.
Three: After the Six Day War In 1967, Israel wanted to return the captured lands to Egypt and Jordan or to the Palestinian Arabs. The Arab league met in Sudan and said: "No peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with Israel." In other words, the Arabs said no.
Four: In 2000, then-Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak offered all of Gaza and 94 per cent of the West Bank with East Jerusalem as its capital to Yasser Arafat. Arafat said no.
Five: In 2008, the prime minister of Israel, Ehud Olmert, added additional land to the previous offer of 2000. Mahmoud Abbas said no. History shows that each time Israel has agreed to offering land for peace, the Palestinian Arabs have rejected the offers.
Six: The one time, in 2005, when Israel unilaterally left Gaza to the Palestinian Arabs. The terrorists took control and turned it into a base from which thousands of rockets have been fired into Israel up to, and including, the present day. Trading land for peace didn't work.
https://leaderpost.com/opinion/letters/letters-arabs-not-israelis-have-always-rejected-middle-east-peace
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

Five: In 2008, the prime minister of Israel, Ehud Olmert, added additional land to the previous offer of 2000. Mahmoud Abbas said no. History shows that each time Israel has agreed to offering land for peace, the Palestinian Arabs have rejected the offers.

Did you check your sources on that?

['Abbas never said no' to 2008 peace deal, says former PM Olmert...

Abbas said in 2015 that he supported the idea of territorial swaps, but that Olmert had pressed him into agreeing to the plan without allowing him to study the proposed map.]

https://www.timesofisrael.com/abbas-never-said-no-to-2008-peace-deal-says-former-pm-olmert/
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

Abbas said in 2015 that he supported the idea of territorial swaps, but that Olmert had pressed him into agreeing to the plan without allowing him to study the proposed map.]

https://www.timesofisrael.com/abbas-never-said-no-to-2008-peace-deal-says-former-pm-olmert/
At least we agree on the first 4 points.

How many offers of peace has Hamas made?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

At least we agree on the first 4 points.

How many offers of peace has Hamas made?
Hamas is a radical terrorist organization...

You seem to think they represent all Palestinians...they don't even control the West Bank.

And you also seem to think I support them...or at least that is the dreck you are spewing on other threads.
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

One: At the recommendation of the Peel Commission, the British, who controlled Palestine at the time, agreed to create a two-state solution, offering the Palestinian Arabs 80 per cent of the disputed territory.
The Palestinian Jews said yes, the Arabs said no.
Israel has done there fair share of rejecting peace as well....

https://theintercept.com/2023/11/28/israel-palestine-history-peace/

[url=https://theintercept.com/2023/11/28/israel-palestine-history-peace/][/url]
[All the Times Israel Has Rejected Peace With Palestinians
[url=https://theintercept.com/2023/11/28/israel-palestine-history-peace/][/url]

Nov 28, 2023 - Israel prefers endless conflict to a Palestinian state, as the past 75 years have shown.]

ATL Bear
Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Jack Bauer said:

Just curious. Why do Palestinians need a state? Why can't they live in a greater Israel? Or Jordan or Egypt?
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 134

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.