Netanyahu said "we are at war,"

220,803 Views | 4676 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by FLBear5630
KaiBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

On the plus side almost all of that money comes back to us as it's spent with American defense contractors.

Gee that makes it all worthwhile.

We are borrowing additional billions of dollars in the hope that some of it is spent for bombs, bullets and missiles.

No doubt the vast majority of Americans are supportive of such fiscal priorities.

Look there's very few bright spots here. The two that come to mind are
1) we aren't doing the fighting
2) the money we are giving away is essentially coming right back to us

I didn't say I agreed. I didn't say it's good fiscal policy (like anyone really gives a **** about that anyhow). Fact is most of the foreign aid we give away comes right back to us via the military industrial complex and by most I mean almost 100% of it.

Now we can argue why we spend money on all sorts of worthless government projects though I suspect we probably agree.

I respect your opinion.

But most Americans do not support this insane give away.

Especially when so many are working 2 jobs just to stay fed.

L

I don't recall saying most Americans did. In fact, I'm quite sure I never said that.

Agreed

You certainly did not.

Simply repeating the obvious that most Americans do not want to give Ukraine even more billions .

BTW , wonder how the Russians feel about our representatives waving Ukrainian flags in the middle of our capital building.

Just imagine how Americans would feel if the situation was reversed .

Yet if Russia finally retaliates our media will be 'shocked'.
sombear
KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

On the plus side almost all of that money comes back to us as it's spent with American defense contractors.

We are borrowing additional billions of dollars in the hope that some of it is spent for bombs, bullets and missiles.

No doubt the vast majority of Americans are supportive of such fiscal priorities.

I didn't say I agreed. I didn't say it's good fiscal policy (like anyone really gives a **** about that anyhow). Fact is most of the foreign aid we give away comes right back to us via the military industrial complex and by most I mean almost 100% of it.

Now we can argue why we spend money on all sorts of worthless government projects though I suspect we probably agree.

I respect your opinion.

L

I don't recall saying most Americans did. In fact, I'm quite sure I never said that.

Agreed

You certainly did not.

Simply repeating the obvious that most Americans do not want to give Ukraine even more billions .

BTW , wonder how the Russians feel about our representatives waving Ukrainian flags in the middle of our capital building.

New York Post
Most voters in battleground House districts favor Ukraine aid: poll

Amajority of voters in battleground congressional districts support sending more aid to Ukraine while a plurality of GOP primary voters in deep-red districts also back military assistance for Kyiv in its war against Russia, according to new polls exclusively shared with The Post.

The February poll found that 60% of battleground district voters are in favor of all forms of US aid, with support highest among those 50-64 years old (60%) and 65 and older (80%).

A majority of Republican voters in battleground districts for the 2024 election favor more US aid for Ukraine, according to a poll exclusively shared with The Post. AP Provided by New York Post

A slight majority of battleground voters under 35 (52%) and a plurality of those 35-49 (48%) also backed the additional aid.

Just 34% of all swing district voters were against the funding, while 6% said they did not know whether they supported it.

The survey also showed a majority of Republicans in safe GOP House seats strongly agree that Russian President Vladimir Putin "is an enemy of the United States" and "wants to reestablish the Soviet Union's sphere of influence in Eastern and Central Europe."

In total, 86% of Republican primary voters in deep-red districts had an unfavorable opinion of Putin, and 64% of them strongly agreed that "Russia had no cause and was wrong to invade Ukraine."

Another poll, taken in March, also revealed that 46% of safe district GOP voters back at least the provision of military aid for Ukraine, compared with 40% who oppose all forms of US assistance to Kyiv.

"
The_barBEARian
sombear said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

I respect your opinion.

L

Agreed

You certainly did not.

New York Post

Amajority of voters in battleground congressional districts support sending more aid to Ukraine while a plurality of GOP primary voters in deep-red districts also back military assistance for Kyiv in its war against Russia, according to new polls exclusively shared with The Post.

The February poll found that 60% of battleground district voters are in favor of all forms of US aid, with support highest among those 50-64 years old (60%) and 65 and older (80%).

A majority of Republican voters in battleground districts for the 2024 election favor more US aid for Ukraine, according to a poll exclusively shared with The Post. AP Provided by New York Post

A slight majority of battleground voters under 35 (52%) and a plurality of those 35-49 (48%) also backed the additional aid.

Just 34% of all swing district voters were against the funding, while 6% said they did not know whether they supported it.

The survey also showed a majority of Republicans in safe GOP House seats strongly agree that Russian President Vladimir Putin "is an enemy of the United States" and "wants to reestablish the Soviet Union's sphere of influence in Eastern and Central Europe."

In total, 86% of Republican primary voters in deep-red districts had an unfavorable opinion of Putin, and 64% of them strongly agreed that "Russia had no cause and was wrong to invade Ukraine."

Another poll, taken in March, also revealed that 46% of safe district GOP voters back at least the provision of military aid for Ukraine, compared with 40% who oppose all forms of US assistance to Kyiv.

"

Wait? Wasn't this is same propagandist rag that call MTG "Moscow Margerie" with a crudely photoshopped picture of her in red Square wearing a ushenka with a hammer and sickle?.... and you expect us to take their polling seriously?
KaiBear
sombear said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

I respect your opinion.

L

Agreed

You certainly did not.

New York Post

"

Classic propaganda 'cherry picking '.

Bottom line the vast majority of Americans did not want Ukraine to get still another 60 BILLION dollars our country will have to BORROW in order to give it away .
The_barBEARian
Listen Sombear, if you and others who claim to be Republicans want to keep fracturing the Republican party with foreign interventionism and are comfortable handing elections over to the democrats that's on you.

Just don't complain about your kids and grandkids being indoctrinated with gender ideology, not being able to find work bcs of anti-white DEI practices, or milk and gas costing over $10 per gallon.

Just remember the oligarchs of Ukraine and Israel were more important to you than your own family.
whiterock
KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

I respect your opinion.

L

Agreed

You certainly did not.

New York Post

"

Bottom line the vast majority of Americans did not want Ukraine to get still another 60 BILLION dollars our country will have to BORROW in order to give it away .

At best, the American people are 50-50 on that question. And I can bury you with polling on the question.

Wording matters. If one asks "would you like for the Ukraine War to end" or "should there be a negotiated settlement immediately"…well, you get very high "yes" numbers.

But if you ask a different question like "do you want Russia to win the Ukraine War"….the numbers are different.

Polling question on funding "too much or too little" is 45/45. Dead split.

Don't project your feelings into the argument. Very few people actually care about the issue driving your own opposition to the war - the deficit. A large majority wants Ukraine rather than Russia to win. It's getting there that's the problem.
Jack Bauer
Columbia University is now the People's University for Palestine

Trade school is looking like a good option at this point.

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Rep from Texas

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Ivy League is back in the 50's....

The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

Rep from Texas

The vandalism is ridiculous but if you read the guy's Twitter you wonder if he is the congressman from Texas or the Congressman from Israel.

Israel appears to be his top priority.
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Here's a suggestion on where she can go:

The_barBEARian
whitetrash said:

Jack Bauer said:

Here's a suggestion on where she can go:

Completely agree on this.
muddybrazos
I'd rather have commie students protesting on campuses than actual commie rioters burning cities like we had in 2020. It's somewhat amusing watching libs eat their own.
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
"Protests" -

KaiBear
whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

I respect your opinion.

L

Agreed

You certainly did not.

New York Post

"

At best, the American people are 50-50 on that question. And I can bury you with polling on the question.

Wording matters. If one asks "would you like for the Ukraine War to end" or "should there be a negotiated settlement immediately"…well, you get very high "yes" numbers.

But if you ask a different question like "do you want Russia to win the Ukraine War"….the numbers are different.

Polling question on funding "too much or too little" is 45/45. Dead split.

Don't project your feelings into the argument. Very few people actually care about the issue driving your own opposition to the war - the deficit. A large majority wants Ukraine rather than Russia to win. It's getting there that's the problem.
We have to BORROW the 60 BILLION that we then GIVE AWAY to another country while our own citizens struggle to make ends meet.

Put that simple reality into your ****ing polls and see what the results would be.
historian
nein51 said:

It doesn't come back to us, it goes to those contractors. Unless some of us own stock or work for them, we are unlikely to see a dime. However, we will experience the inflation, devaluation if the dollar, & other consequences if the insane & irresponsible debt created by Congress.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
The_barBEARian
historian said:

nein51 said:

It doesn't come back to us, it goes to those contractors. Unless some of us own stock or work for them, we are unlikely to see a dime. However, we will experience the inflation, devaluation if the dollar, & other consequences if the insane & irresponsible debt created by Congress.

Perfect post Historian!

Sounds like you are starting to see the light on foreign aid to Ukraine and Israel.
historian
muddybrazos said:

I'd rather have commie students protesting on campuses than actual commie rioters burning cities like we had in 2020. It's somewhat amusing watching libs eat their own.

That's probably in their agenda this summer…. I hope I'm wrong but it's what they do.
historian
I understand some basic economic reality.
ATL Bear
historian said:

nein51 said:

If that's you're perspective, then no government spending comes back to us.
boognish_bear
historian
We do benefit when our local governments provide police and fire protection. We benefit from a well armed & well trained military defending our borders, if they would actually do that. Most government spending, however, does not benefit we the people. It's more about corrupt politicians using our money (for multiple generations now) to buy votes or line their pockets.
The_barBEARian
ATL Bear said:

historian said:

nein51 said:

If that's you're perspective, then no government spending comes back to us.

About as much gets return to the general citizen as seen in any despotic regime.
ATL Bear
historian said:

We do benefit when our local governments provide police and fire protection. We benefit from a well armed & well trained military defending our borders, if they would actually do that. Most government spending, however, does not benefit we the people. It's more about corrupt politicians using our money (for multiple generations now) to buy votes or line their pockets.
Then the Trillions in annual entitlement spending continues to be our Achilles heel from a fiscal insanity standpoint and vote buying scheme.
boognish_bear
Redbrickbear
nein51
Pro Israel professional

His name is CLEARLY Jewish. What kind of a headline is this
historian
Unfortunately, that is true. Social Security is the largest Ponzi scheme in history. They all have insane obligations that will not all be possible at some point. If you think our national debt is insane, look at our unfunded liabilities (lower right):

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

It is unsustainable and our incompetence Congress just voted to send another $61 billion of your grandkids' money to the Ukraine forever war.
nein51
I would take $.50 on the dollar of what I have contributed to SS right now and pay taxes on the $.50 because it would be worth infinitely more in the market than it ever will be in SS.
boognish_bear
First Page Last Page
Page 112 of 134

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.