Netanyahu said "we are at war,"

328,239 Views | 5771 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by historian
The_barBEARian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nein51 said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

Screw this guy and Israel as long as he is PM. Cut their ass off. Now. No $, No arms, no support. While I respect the Israeli people, this govt can go eff itself as long as they continue to commit genocide of innocent women, children and civilians. They are just as nasty as Hamas.

There is no genocide, that's a term thats overused and has a real definition.

They are not even close to Hamas, step away from the propaganda you're being fed.

Hamas sure as hell didn't give warnings to people leading up to their attacks to leave the area. They sure as hell aren't using people as human shields. They sure as hell didn't throw supporters of the last regime off buildings. They sure as hell don't stone gays to death. It was not the IDF blowing up buses with suicide bombers. Etc etc etc etc.

So take that garbage somewhere else. We are all full here.

Hamas and IDF are two sides of the same coin.

They both release propaganda and the useful idiots in this country eat it up.

IDF kills civilians. Hamas kills civilians. The only difference between the two is Israel kills 20x bcs they can.

All you people wanting to put the interests of a foreign government over America need to have your asses deported and citizenship revoked.
The_barBEARian
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Guy Noir said:

Not true.
There is a benefit to having a stable Middle East.
There is a benefit to keeping the shipping lanes open in the Red Sea to the Suez Canal.
There is benefit to the USA to have a reliable ally in that area of the world.

Do you remember the 9/11 attack? The USA had to respond to that attack, and we had to deal with the Middle Eastern countries, The USA cannot just ignore the terrorist threat coming from that area of the world
Times have changed. I think our presence is accepted in Jordan and Saudi Arabia much moreso today than 9/11 days.

As long as we could have bases in Kuwait and Jordan we should be fine. I'm tiring of funding Israel with their West Bank behavior and undefined goals in Gaza. The entire area is a collection of religious zealots and they are almost impossible to rationalize with using common sense.

Their tolerance has only increased bcs the amount of tax payer dollars going to those countries has also massively increased.... they get richer and we, the American people, get poorer.
boognish_bear
How the hell were they able to do this?

The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

It depends CB on which faction of the GOP you are talking about. Just like now, there were different groups with different priorities. Granted, the isolationists were very much in the minority after WWII but the had some important leaders in Congress.

I think it's pretty reasonable to tell American Jews and Israel they can kill as many people as they want with their own money and resources, but Legacy Americans who come from the families who built the United States dont want our tax dollars being stolen/misappropriated and used to bribe our own representatives to pass legislation that put a foreign nation over our own interests.

The only countries I would entertain limited foreign aid to is Mexico and some Central Americans countries to enforce law and order in their own countries and limit the invasion of our southern border.

There is zero benefit to middle America from bombing Yeman half the world away.

Not true.

Not my responsibility. If you want to pay extra in taxes to take on this responsibility, you should be taxed triple the rate of those who wisely choose to opt-out.

There is a benefit to keeping the shipping lanes open in the Red Sea to the Suez Canal.

No. We should be energy independent in this country and not reliant on the middle east, but certain countries like Israel and Saudi do everything in their power to make America energy dependent on the middle east.

Ally implies a symbiotic, beneficial relationship. We benefit Israel greatly, they give back nothing. Not once in my life have I ever directly benefitted from all the billions of billions we have sent to out greatest ally... meanwhile the added inflation from those billions has had negative impact on my quality of life.

Do you remember the 9/11 attack? The USA had to respond to that attack, and we had to deal with the Middle Eastern countries, The USA cannot just ignore the terrorist threat coming from that area of the world

9/11 was provoked bcs of US support for Israel. If we stopped engaging in the middle east the terrorist threat would diminish.

So, I guess we just don't trade in that area of the world. While we are at it, cross off the Horn of Africa, South China Sea, Red Sea, Arctic Ocean, and Space in General. That is a quick list of the contested areas. So, who are we going to sell our good to if we don't keep those areas open? We are going to just punt on those other products coming into the US.

It better be our responsibility, because otherwise you are relying on others to keep our economy going. China now has enough killer satellites that if we didn't counter, they would own space.

But none of that is worth you tax dollars. This is not new, this has gone back as far as the Barbary Pirates, when we literally paid tribute.

If companies want to sell their goods there, they can absorb the risks and benefits associated with that, see the East India Company. The tax payer shouldnt be exploited for the economic gain of a few hundred people.
The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

How the hell were they able to do this?

I ask the same question when I see people flying Israeli flags in congress.
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

It depends CB on which faction of the GOP you are talking about. Just like now, there were different groups with different priorities. Granted, the isolationists were very much in the minority after WWII but the had some important leaders in Congress.

I think it's pretty reasonable to tell American Jews and Israel they can kill as many people as they want with their own money and resources, but Legacy Americans who come from the families who built the United States dont want our tax dollars being stolen/misappropriated and used to bribe our own representatives to pass legislation that put a foreign nation over our own interests.

The only countries I would entertain limited foreign aid to is Mexico and some Central Americans countries to enforce law and order in their own countries and limit the invasion of our southern border.

Not true.

Not my responsibility. If you want to pay extra in taxes to take on this responsibility, you should be taxed triple the rate of those who wisely choose to opt-out.

No. We should be energy independent in this country and not reliant on the middle east, but certain countries like Israel and Saudi do everything in their power to make America energy dependent on the middle east.

Ally implies a symbiotic, beneficial relationship. We benefit Israel greatly, they give back nothing. Not once in my life have I ever directly benefitted from all the billions of billions we have sent to out greatest ally... meanwhile the added inflation from those billions has had negative impact on my quality of life.

9/11 was provoked bcs of US support for Israel. If we stopped engaging in the middle east the terrorist threat would diminish.

So, I guess we just don't trade in that area of the world. While we are at it, cross off the Horn of Africa, South China Sea, Red Sea, Arctic Ocean, and Space in General. That is a quick list of the contested areas. So, who are we going to sell our good to if we don't keep those areas open? We are going to just punt on those other products coming into the US.

It better be our responsibility, because otherwise you are relying on others to keep our economy going. China now has enough killer satellites that if we didn't counter, they would own space.

But none of that is worth you tax dollars. This is not new, this has gone back as far as the Barbary Pirates, when we literally paid tribute.

If companies want to sell their goods there, they can absorb the risks and benefits associated with that, see the East India Company. The tax payer shouldnt be exploited for the economic gain of a few hundred people.

Few hundred? How many Toyota's, Honda's, and other imports you see? Apple has a few hundred shareholders?

Welcome to Capitalism. The Royal Navy fought off the Pirates and kept the Sea Lanes open. The British Army held the territory that the EIC operated. You really think that we can supply all our energy needs without imports? Why would we want to use all our resources? Funny, you seem to want a modern lifestyle in a Nation that allows you to make as much money as you can, but at no cost. There was never a Society like the US that just grew with no external costs.
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

Not true.

Few hundred? How many Toyota's, Honda's, and other imports you see? Apple has a few hundred shareholders?

Welcome to Capitalism. The Royal Navy fought off the Pirates and kept the Sea Lanes open. The British Army held the territory that the EIC operated. You really think that we can supply all our energy needs without imports? Why would we want to use all our resources? Funny, you seem to want a modern lifestyle in a Nation that allows you to make as much money as you can, but at no cost. There was never a Society like the US that just grew with no external costs.

Yes we absolutely can supply all of our energy from North America + building more nuclear power plants.

Why would we want to use our own resources?

Umm... so that we arent slaves to foreign powers.

And a modern lifestyle? lol this county sucks now. I would happily trade a 2024 lifestyle for a 1920ties lifestyle.
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

Not true.

Welcome to Capitalism.

For most people in this country a rising stockmarket just means you are just keeping up with inflation without any real gain in wealth.

Deflating our currency would have have a more beneficial impact on your average tax payer.
ATL Bear
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

Not true.

Yes we absolutely can supply all of our energy from North America + building more nuclear power plants.

And a modern lifestyle? lol this county sucks now. I would happily trade a 2024 lifestyle for a 1920ties lifestyle.
You definitely could benefit from not having the Internet. Wow…
J.R.
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

Not true.

No, we cannot supply all of our energy in NA. That is categorically untrue . We are not and NEVER have been energy independent , ever. (another fat boy lies)
J.R.
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

Not true.

Welcome to Capitalism.

For most people in this country a rising stockmarket just means you are just keeping up with inflation without any real gain in wealth.

Deflating our currency would have have a more beneficial impact on your average tax payer.
How are we going to devalue our currency when we print money like a bunch of drunks. fat boy and Biden are both guilty.
The_barBEARian
ATL Bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

Not true.

You definitely could benefit from not having the Internet. Wow…

This will shock you but they actually built the Hoover Dam, Mount Rushmore, and Golden Gate Bridge without wifi!
The_barBEARian
KaiBear said:

Great speech by the Israeli prime minister .

Surprised with his enthusiastic bi partisan reception.

Paid for by your tax dollars sent to Israel and laundered back to Congress via AIPAC.

Revealed: Congress backers of Gaza war received most from pro-Israel donors

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
KaiBear
boognish_bear said:

Not surprised it was a record in standing ovations.

Was a good speech and the audience had been paid off up front .

historian
Israel's goal in Gaza is very clear: destroy Hamas & free all hostages. Necessary and very reasonable.
historian
They think it's the ultimate insult when it's really just stupid rudeness. It's certainly better than the kind of petty childishness we could expect from them had they been there.
historian
While that's an accurate explanation for the start of WWI the reality was much more complicated.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
Very sad how many Pro-Globalist, Zionist First, America Last posters there are in this thread and on this board...

The good news is the next generation, Americans under 40, favor cutting off foreign aid to Israel and other countries with an overwhelming super-majority. Its one of the few bi-partisan issues that unites young people from the left and the right

As the posters in this thread continue to age out, the policy of selling our children and grandchildren's inheritance to Israel and other foreign interests will come closer and closer to ending.... the only problem is you fools have already so mismanaged and bankrupted the country and dug such a deep hole that I cant see this country existing as it does today 100 years from now
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

Very sad how many Pro-Globalist, Zionist First, America Last posters there are in this thread and on this board...

The good news is the next generation, Americans under 40, favor cutting off foreign aid to Israel and other countries with an overwhelming super-majority. Its one of the few bi-partisan issues that unites young people from the left and the right

As the posters in this thread continue to age out, the policy of selling our children and grandchildren's inheritance to Israel and other foreign interests will come closer and closer to ending.... the only problem is you fools have already so mismanaged and bankrupted the country and dug such a deep hole that I cant see this country existing as it does today 100 years from now

Not surprising, younger generations caring for nothing but what is it in it for them. No thought to the bigger picture, no thought to how to maintain the products on the shelves, no thought to how to keep things running, just what is in it for them. If China will make their life easier, do be it. You won't learn until it is too late ..
EatMoreSalmon
The_barBEARian said:

If it was just about money and interests of the nation, you would be all over every thread about supporting any foreign country, but you haven't done that. It's a vendetta against Israel for you. There is a hate that has and will further eat you up.
The_barBEARian
EatMoreSalmon said:

The_barBEARian said:

If it was just about money and interests of the nation, you would be all over every thread about supporting any foreign country, but you haven't done that. It's a vendetta against Israel for you. There is a hate that has and will further eat you up.

Israel is far and away the worst offender but Saudi exploits the hell out of us as does NATO.

But I dont see any threads on here celebrating Saudi Arabia or NATO... the next closest thread is the one cheering on Ukraine and I have made quite a few posts stating that wasting money on Ukraine does nothing but hurt the interests of middle America and increase inflation.
sombear
The_barBEARian said:

Yes, the American suffering from having a solid ally in the middle of hell (i.e., the middle east) has become unbearable.
historian
There is no question that NATO has had real value for most of its existence, especially in the early years. However, more recently there have been reasons for doubt. For example, in the 1990s it was largely worthless dealing with the chaos in the former Yugoslavia until the U.S. provided leadership. And that was the Clinton years when we didn't have much in the way of positive leadership.

Today, there are plenty of reasons to question its effectiveness and its dependence on the US. Europe is perfectly capable of defending themselves and Russia is not nearly as much of a threat as the Soviet Union was. In fact, it seems most of the problems Europe faces are those they created for themselves. Ironically perhaps, those problems are what American Leftists want for the US despite the glaring examples of failures in Europe & elsewhere.
historian
How ironic that world peace and stability seem to rely heavily on the old Cold War idea of MAD: Mutually Assured Destruction. Reagan tried to make that obsolete with SDI (aka "Star Wars") and his dreams of technological developments were wryly realized by the time of the Gulf War. I don't know if the technology exists to defend the US from an all out nuclear assault, especially from Russian or Chinese subs or the bases the might have established in Cuba or elsewhere. Israel's Iron Dome suggests it does with its success clearly demonstrated in the Iranian Missile strike but Israel is a tiny country with much smaller borders and area to defend and their success in that attack was somewhat of a miracle.
historian
How useful for the Squad member to identify herself so clearly!
historian
J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

Screw this guy and Israel as long as he is PM. Cut their ass off. Now. No $, No arms, no support. While I respect the Israeli people, this govt can go eff itself as long as they continue to commit genocide of innocent women, children and civilians. They are just as nasty as Hamas. I'm really not sure why in the world this monster was invited to speak before our congress. Eff that .

The only genocidal power in the Middle East now is the attitude of Hamas against Israel. It is their primary goal, their raison d'etre.
historian
nein51 said:

Hamas sure as hell didn't give warnings to people leading up to their attacks to leave the area. They sure as hell aren't using people as human shields. They sure as hell didn't throw supporters of the last regime off buildings. They sure as hell don't stone gays to death. It was not the IDF blowing up buses with suicide bombers. Etc etc etc etc.

So take that garbage somewhere else. We are all full here.

No doubt you mean Israel didn't do those things and Hamas did.
historian
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

Not true.

Economic reality is much more complicated than that. Free trade does not only benefit a "few hundred" directly connected to the trades. It benefits everyone. If you buy or sell anything, you should want free trade. It's when people hinder free trade that the beneficiaries are few and far between.
boognish_bear
historian
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

Guy Noir said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

Not true.

You clearly don't know much about what life was like in the 1920s. You cannot look at only a few select aspects of that era (or any era) in such comparison. You have to look at the whole picture when Prohibition was the law; Al Capone and other gangsters got rich in Chicago and elsewhere; racism was more pronounced including public lynchings as a regular occurrence); the KKK was strong and dangerous (today it's mostly a joke); Leftists were more open in their admiration of totalitarian dictators like Stalin, Mussolini, & Hitler; medical knowledge was far behind what we take for granted now; life expectancy was much less; etc. There were certainly some good points but you cannot cherry pick only a few points when making broad generalizations.

You are certainly correct about American energy independence: we had a few years ago under Trump and gas cost less than $2.00 per gallon.
First Page Last Page
Page 141 of 165

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.