Netanyahu said "we are at war,"

330,157 Views | 5785 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ATL Bear
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Then your "facts" are wrong. The numbers might say one thing but the government numbers are full of lies & deceptions. For example, many if not most most new jobs are going to foreigners, even illegal aliens. That doesn't help America at all. As for prices, I know for a fact that gas prices are still about a dollar a gallon higher than they were under Trump.

Then there is plain common sense: the government's policies create inflation, whether intended or not. And it's difficult to believe it's unintentional because it was completely predictable from the start. And now that Kamala has made some specific proposals not stolen from Trump, it's clear that she is a commie who wants to do more harm to our economy. Even CNN & other Leftist propaganda outlets have called her out.
Aliceinbubbleland
whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ATL Bear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ATL Bear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ATL Bear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ATL Bear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ATL Bear said:

I

I buy Lebanese wine from a French lady married to a Lebanese Christian who rebuilt a vineyard in Mt. Bamdoun

I spent time in West Africa, which has large Lebanese expat communities, most of diverse complexion - Sunnis, Shia, Druze, Christian. They abide by the "no politics here" rule. During the civil war, the MEA flight would arrive every week and disgorge young men who only the day before had been shooting at each other.

Lebanese basically run the import/export sector as well as the key grocery and restraint and banking sectors in many places there.
Abidjan?
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
KaiBear
J.R. said:

historian said:

Trump made his fair share of mistakes, with covid and the economy especially, but the economy was a whole lot better in 2020 than it is now, despite the pandemic. We also didn't have the prospect of WWIII, partly caused by the incompetence of our governing elites. Add to that the wide open border, the Dem crime wave (including numerous violent crimes committed by illegals), the energy mess, and everything else and we have plenty of reasons to vote for Trump and even more reasons to vote against Biden or anyone connected to him, particularly his border czar.
I'm doubting your historian handle. Despite inflation (which is a problem and trumps and Biden both to blame), but to say the economy was better under Trumps is just not true. Lowest unemployment , stock market through the roof. I deal in facts, Mr. History. I don't support Biden or trumps, but facts are facts.
None of us are correct all the time Jr.

However ' Historian ' definitely has a good handle on American history.
In my opinion inflation is forcing the working class, poor and middle class to cut back or work an extra job.

For you and I inflation is only an inconvenience.........until the economy collapses due to the continuous printing of semi worthless dollars. Then we both are going to take a hit.
boognish_bear
KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

historian said:

Trump made his fair share of mistakes, with covid and the economy especially, but the economy was a whole lot better in 2020 than it is now, despite the pandemic. We also didn't have the prospect of WWIII, partly caused by the incompetence of our governing elites. Add to that the wide open border, the Dem crime wave (including numerous violent crimes committed by illegals), the energy mess, and everything else and we have plenty of reasons to vote for Trump and even more reasons to vote against Biden or anyone connected to him, particularly his border czar.
I'm doubting your historian handle. Despite inflation (which is a problem and trumps and Biden both to blame), but to say the economy was better under Trumps is just not true. Lowest unemployment , stock market through the roof. I deal in facts, Mr. History. I don't support Biden or trumps, but facts are facts.
None of us are correct all the time .

You haven't met my wife
KaiBear
boognish_bear said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

historian said:

None of us are correct all the time .

You haven't met my wife
Point taken.
Redbrickbear
KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

historian said:

In my opinion inflation is forcing the working class, poor and middle class to cut back or work an extra job.

And mass 3rd world immigration is a wage suppression tactic on top of that…

And we wonder why young people are in debt, depressed, and can't afford a home or feel stable enough to start a family
J.R.
historian said:

J.R. said:

historian said:

And anti-Christian, anti-Hindu, anti-Buddhist, etc. Theirs is a false religion and they are completely intolerant of all others to the point of jihad: the desire for global conquest. The desire for a new, global caliphate is very real, particularly amongst the fanatics. For example, the leaders of Iran.
And just how do you know that? How do you know their religion is false. Maybe, cuz you were taught that in Sunday school

Because they deny Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" John 14:6
me thinks we may all be surprised when when and if we get there. I certainly do not have all the answers. I'm Christian, but I believe it just isn't that simple.
FLBear5630
J.R. said:

historian said:

J.R. said:

historian said:

And anti-Christian, anti-Hindu, anti-Buddhist, etc. Theirs is a false religion and they are completely intolerant of all others to the point of jihad: the desire for global conquest. The desire for a new, global caliphate is very real, particularly amongst the fanatics. For example, the leaders of Iran.
And just how do you know that? How do you know their religion is false. Maybe, cuz you were taught that in Sunday school

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" John 14:6
me thinks we may all be surprised when when and if we get there. I certainly do not have all the answers. I'm Christian, but I believe it just isn't that simple.

I am with you. Based on what I have seen in th is a life, with the same Creator nothing is what we expect so why should what comes next be different.
KaiBear
J.R. said:

historian said:

J.R. said:

historian said:

It isn't if you are Catholic.

Lots of additional requirements and rules.

historian
I am a Christian and do not have all the answers. I also have little idea about what heaven will be like. All I know for certain comes from God's word: Jesus is the only way to get to heaven (John 14:6 and numerous other verses are clear on that) and it will be a wonderful place without pain, disease, death, of anything else that makes life difficult. The book of Revelation provides some insight but few specific details. The details are not very important, I trust in God to work it all out and that's enough.

I doubt we can comprehend the beauty and glory of heaven. Paul mentioned in II Corinthians 12 that he received a glimpse and it overwhelmed him.
Realitybites
Israel Sought To Bypass Foreign Agent Law To Spread Propaganda In US

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/israel-sought-bypass-foreign-agent-law-spread-propaganda-us-guardian

"US federal law requires the disclosure of foreign-backed lobbying campaigns, but leaked documents reviewed by The Guardian show the Israeli government sought legal advice concerning the law out of concern that Jewish and Christian Zionist lobbying groups working in coordination with the Israeli government would be required to register as foreign agents and disclose their ties to Israel."

Remember this next time you see one of those ads for something like the IFCJ, lets build the temple, or some other similar outfit.
FLBear5630
historian said:

I am a Christian and do not have all the answers. I also have little idea about what heaven will be like. All I know for certain comes from God's word: Jesus is the only way to get to heaven (John 14:6 and numerous other verses are clear on that) and it will be a wonderful place without pain, disease, death, of anything else that makes life difficult. The book of Revelation provides some insight but few specific details. The details are not very important, I trust in God to work it all out and that's enough.

I doubt we can comprehend the beauty and glory of heaven. Paul mentioned in II Corinthians 12 that he received a glimpse and it overwhelmed him.

This is best in other thread, but not a big fan of Paul. Always thought his story sounded like BS... He is rather bossy, judgemental and know-it-all-ish.

If the Apostles that were there were not like that and had doubts, I don't trust someone not there that seems to have none... Just my view since about 8.
Realitybites
Also best for another thread, but the Twelve saw Jesus prior to His crucifixion. The Twelve minus One saw Him after His resurrection. Saint Paul and Saint John the Revelator saw Him after His ascension. That makes them probably the only two people in history to see Him as the rest of humanity will when He returns in power and glory with the armies of heaven.

That was much more of a Moses on the mountain experience than Peter or the others had and just as Moses brought the tablets down from Mt. Sinai and gave us the Torah, Saint Paul wrote most of what was complied as the New Testament.

Also, consider who the 12 were before their conversion. Consider who Saint Paul was. God basically drafted him to be the special forces of the early church. That probably accounts for much of the difference you notice.
historian
God chose Paul for the mission he fulfilled and inspired all of his letters. They are as authoritative as any other scripture. If you have a problem with Paul, chances are you have a problem with God. Don't feel too bad: we all do. I am definitely a work in progress. I thank God for His love, patience, & grace.
FLBear5630
historian said:

God chose Paul for the mission he fulfilled and inspired all of his letters. They are as authoritative as any other scripture. If you have a problem with Paul, chances are you have a problem with God. Don't feel too bad: we all do. I am definitely a work in progress. I thank God for His love, patience, & grace.
To me, Paul is the only piece that does not make sense.

I get what the Catholic/Protestant line is. Luther and Acquinas loved Paul to an equal extend. If you are in favor of a strong Church that controls lives, Paul is your man. I am not a big fan of Paul, I find him arrogant, self-important, and judgmental.

Personally, if you look where Paul's teachings have taken us, it seems to me almost all the strife can be tied to something he said and the contradictions to the Gospels seem irreconcilable. But, that is just my view. We all have views and we all have things we disagree with but it doesn't let you abandon the greater idea.

boognish_bear
Osodecentx
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

To me, Paul is the only piece that does not make sense.

I get what the Catholic/Protestant line is. Luther and Acquinas loved Paul to an equal extend. If you are in favor of a strong Church that controls lives, Paul is your man. I am not a big fan of Paul, I find him arrogant, self-important, and judgmental.

Personally, if you look where Paul's teachings have taken us, it seems to me almost all the strife can be tied to something he said and the contradictions to the Gospels seem irreconcilable. But, that is just my view. We all have views and we all have things we disagree with but it doesn't let you abandon the greater idea.

Will respectfully disagree
Paul was an Apostle He wrote ex cathedra
historian
My line isn't Catholic, Protestant, or any other label. It's quite simple: the Bible is the word of God and is to be treated as such through prayer and meditation and always taking a passage in context. Problems with interpretation are man-made and generally flawed.

If there is a conflict between the teachings of scripture and done modern doctrine or thought, the fault is always in the latter. It does require a lot of humility, something we all have trouble with.
FLBear5630
historian said:

My line isn't Catholic, Protestant, or any other label. It's quite simple: the Bible is the word of God and is to be treated as such through prayer and meditation and always taking a passage in context. Problems with interpretation are man-made and generally flawed.

If there is a conflict between the teachings of scripture and done modern doctrine or thought, the fault is always in the latter. It does require a lot of humility, something we all have trouble with.
You do know the Bible was picked and chosen apart and reassembled numerous times? The Original Vulgate is not accepted by the Protestants, that is the Original.

Luther rewrote it with the intent to keep money in Germany, the man-made Bureaucracy of the Church had problems but using your logic the Protestants were wrong. Calvin to validate their wealth. All the denomiinations have had there go at creative editing. There has and is PLENTY of interpretation. It is just backed by different scholars to meet different needs.

Outside of the Old Testament and the Gospels, I am not a big fan. But, we all believe what we believe. I still go to Church every Sunday, still believe in the Sacraments and still believe in Jesus's word in the Gospels. We all take and leave. Some do it themselves, some to a Pastor to tell them what to take and leave.
historian
The Vulgate is not the original. It was in Latin and the original texts were in Hebrew, Aramaic, & Greek.

I know the Bible has changed somewhat early on but the current version has been the accepted one for most of the past 2,000 years. It works and I see no need to change it. I also know there are many translations, some with controversy. However, it's not too difficult to find one to use and several can be trusted.
FLBear5630
historian said:

The Vulgate is not the original. It was in Latin and the original texts were in Hebrew, Aramaic, & Greek.

I know the Bible has changed somewhat early on but the current version has been the accepted one for most of the past 2,000 years. It works and I see no need to change it. I also know there are many translations, some with controversy. However, it's not too difficult to find one to use and several can be trusted.

Really? Nicea, Constantine 1 mean anything to you? The 2000 year old Bible you speak is based on the Vulgate.
historian
The original texts predate the Vulgate and not all English translations come from it.
FLBear5630
historian said:

The original texts predate the Vulgate and not all English translations come from it.

Of course they do, the Old Testament texts predates Jesus. The Councils of Nicea & Constantine determined the books to be included and Jerome translated into what we know as the Bible. But we can discuss every scroll found...
boognish_bear
Dude with the ponytail did not want the smoke

muddybrazos
boognish_bear said:

This just goes to show that the city of Chicago has the ability to control their city but when its black criminals they just dont care. When the DNC is in town its a nice cleaned up city but next week it will be back to flash mobs running into the apple store and rampant crime inside the west loop/river north/mag mile.
KaiBear
Realitybites said:

Israel Sought To Bypass Foreign Agent Law To Spread Propaganda In US

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/israel-sought-bypass-foreign-agent-law-spread-propaganda-us-guardian

"US federal law requires the disclosure of foreign-backed lobbying campaigns, but leaked documents reviewed by The Guardian show the Israeli government sought legal advice concerning the law out of concern that Jewish and Christian Zionist lobbying groups working in coordination with the Israeli government would be required to register as foreign agents and disclose their ties to Israel."

Remember this next time you see one of those ads for something like the IFCJ, lets build the temple, or some other similar outfit.

Interesting

Although I suspect all lobbyists from foreign nations do something similar.
Redbrickbear
muddybrazos said:

boognish_bear said:

This just goes to show that the city of Chicago has the ability to control their city but when its black criminals they just dont care. When the DNC is in town its a nice cleaned up city but next week it will be back to flash mobs running into the apple store and rampant crime inside the west loop/river north/mag mile.

You are telling me that major American cities did not have to experience 3 months of riots and looting in the summer of 2020?

That was a deliberate choice of the civil authorities to allow that kind of behavior on the streets....

Wow
historian
You might be surprised by how many people think that's true. It's scary.
boognish_bear
nein51
That actually seems reasonable.

"Hey, while we are negotiating could you like…not shoot me?"
boognish_bear
nein51 said:

Negotiations are always about compromise..."How about we only shoot you in the leg?"
nein51
boognish_bear said:

nein51 said:

Negotiations are always about compromise..."How about we only shoot you in the leg?"

Sir I can make no guarantee of such
historian
How about they promise not to shoot him during the meeting and then wait till he walks out the door?!
boognish_bear
Realitybites
Quote:

the current version has been the accepted one for most of the past 2,000 years.

The current version of the Bible has only been around for the past 125 years or so The Canon of Scripture was finally settled several hudred years after Christ, The idea that the 66 book bible of today was around for 2000 years is a myth. That isn't to say that the Bible isn't important - it js very important. But the source and object of our faith is Christ, and He didn't go into the publishing business...He founded His Church.
First Page Last Page
Page 161 of 166

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.