Netanyahu said "we are at war,"

330,313 Views | 5787 Replies | Last: 59 min ago by ATL Bear
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Geneva Bible and the King James version have been around for 400 years. Modern translations are based upon ancient texts that are thousands of years old.

Christ is the focus of all true Christian's but He did inspire the disciples and Paul to write the books of the New Testament to instruct and edify us. It is extremely important. It is the word of God as much as the Books of Moses, the wisdom literature, and the writings of the prophets.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Must be some proud parents out there...

historian
Possibly she's a Democrat troll trying to cause a stir. Who knows?
Realitybites
"I assume that Defense Minister Gallant already understands that the war has lost its purpose. Israel is sinking deeper into the Gazan mud, losing more and more soldiers as they get killed or wounded, without any chance of achieving the war's main goal: bringing down Hamas.

The country really is galloping towards the edge of an abyss. If the war of attrition against Hamas and Hezbollah continues, Israel will collapse within no more than a year."

- Israeli General Yitzhak Barik

So what is the off ramp here?
Aliceinbubbleland
Hamas is basically checkmated by Isael. After what happened to Hezbollah this weekend by the Israeli Air Force I think Hezbollah has learned they too are fighting an opponent so far superior in fire power that they will cease to be a major threat to Israel.

Tel Aviv and oher major Israeli cities appear safe from any firepower of Iran, Hezbollah or Hamas.
FLBear5630
Realitybites said:

"I assume that Defense Minister Gallant already understands that the war has lost its purpose. Israel is sinking deeper into the Gazan mud, losing more and more soldiers as they get killed or wounded, without any chance of achieving the war's main goal: bringing down Hamas.

The country really is galloping towards the edge of an abyss. If the war of attrition against Hamas and Hezbollah continues, Israel will collapse within no more than a year."

- Israeli General Yitzhak Barik

So what is the off ramp here?
This guy is a very outspoken alarmist. This is not the first time he has gone on one of these public the world is ending tours. The guy obviously has a chip on his shoulder.

From what I can tell reading other analysis besides this outspoken Ret Gen the current IDF say he points out some areas that need improvement, made obvious by Oct 7th but the situation is no way near as dire as he says. That is the pretty consistent view. But, if you like his narrative, just listen to him.
Realitybites
I don't like or dislike his narrative. But it's an undeniable fact that he probably has a better understanding of what is going on in Israel's economy, society, government, and military than any of us do so he deserves a hearing. Israel has to have some idea of what an off ramp for this situation is. A perpetual war against the inhabitants of Gaza and Lebanon does not seem to be a reasonable off ramp.
FLBear5630
Realitybites said:

I don't like or dislike his narrative. But it's an undeniable fact that he probably has a better understanding of what is going on in Israel's economy, society, government, and military than any of us do so he deserves a hearing. Israel has to have some idea of what an off ramp for this situation is. A perpetual war against the inhabitants of Gaza and Lebanon does not seem to be a reasonable off ramp.
Well, having random missiles shot at you and your citizens beheaded is great for the economy and tourism.

The_barBEARian
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Hamas is basically checkmated by Isael. After what happened to Hezbollah this weekend by the Israeli Air Force I think Hezbollah has learned they too are fighting an opponent so far superior in fire power that they will cease to be a major threat to Israel.

Tel Aviv and oher major Israeli cities appear safe from any firepower of Iran, Hezbollah or Hamas.

Americans(Real Americans) are basically checkmated by Israel.

They steal all our tax dollars and tell our central bank to print more money and send a fraction of the money they steal back to AIPAC to buy our entire congress.

Americans quality of life is getting trashed bcs there isnt any money left and what little remains isnt worth anything.

Israel is the biggest threat to American Democracy in our country's history.
Aliceinbubbleland
Over the top a little? We maintain a trade deficit with Israel. They are no more a threat to American democracy than MAGA.
whiterock
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Over the top a little? We maintain a trade deficit with Israel. They are no more a threat to American democracy than MAGA.

Beware people who blame the Jews for all their problems. Their track record in power is positively murderous.
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

I read a couple articles on this. I think this kid had a pretty reasonable take.

He didn't criticize other frats that participated and said he appreciated their support.

His main point was that they were there to counter the Palestine protestors and support Israel, and he feels that got a bit lost in this. After all, that is why all those frat guys were out there in the first place.

I say kudos to all of them.

KaiBear
The_barBEARian said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Israel is the biggest threat to American Democracy in our country's history.

Not even in the top 100.
historian
The U.S. is a republic.
Redbrickbear

Aliceinbubbleland
The_barBEARian
Israel is one of America's greatest enemies.

All the evil and stupid *******s who believe Americans should pay for Israel need to watch these interviews and if they still believe America should pay for Israel they should have their citizenship revoked and be deported to Israel.

Redbrickbear
historian
It's still about survival for the Jews. They are an existential crisis fighting a war against barbaric terrorists who want them all dead. Too many posters in this forum dismiss or forget that fact. What's amazing is how some Israeli's seem to forget that as well. Although I'm I don't believe the propaganda from the antisemitic press on anything, particularly when it comes to numbers of self-hating Jews.
KaiBear
historian said:

It's still about survival for the Jews. They are an existential crisis fighting a war against barbaric terrorists who want them all dead. Too many posters in this forum dismiss or forget that fact. What's amazing is how some Israeli's seem to forget that as well. Although I'm I don't believe the propaganda from the antisemitic press on anything, particularly when it comes to numbers of self-hating Jews.

Over 550 Lebanese have been killed in the last 48 hours by indiscriminate Israeli air attacks.

What about their survival ?

Why are the lives of Israeli children more precious than Lebanese ?

FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

historian said:

Over 550 Lebanese have been killed in the last 48 hours by indiscriminate Israeli air attacks.

Maybe the Lebanese should stop putting Hezbollah missiles in civilian houses. Could help. Sort of like Ukraine, Putin stops invading, no more attacks on Russia. Lebanon stops allowing missiles to be fired, no more missiles coming in Lebanon.

Or, they can leave. That's right Hezbollah won't let them, but its the IDF fault.

You were in the military, you give an evacuation order, give time to leave and then go forward. What should the IDF do? Just let them fire missiles into Israel? They have cruise missiles in houses.
historian
Lebanon harbors Hezbollah, a terrorist organization with its primary focus being the destruction of Israel & the complete annihilation of the Jews. For months (really years, with some pauses) they have been raining missiles down on northern Israel indiscriminately killing Israeli civilians, including a dozen children in one recent attack. Basically, they are modern day Nazis. Just like with Hamas & Gaza, every single civilian death is on the hands of the barbarism's who started the war. It's totally irrational to blame the victims, Israel, when they respond strategically to those attacks. To be honest, it's like arguing in favor of a Hitler victory in WWII.

Why shouldn't the Israelis defend themselves? Do they not have a right to exist safely & in peace?
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Maybe the Lebanese should stop putting Hezbollah missiles in civilian houses. Could help. Sort of like Ukraine, Putin stops invading, no more attacks on Russia. Lebanon stops allowing missiles to be fired, no more missiles coming in Lebanon.

Or, they can leave. That's right Hezbollah won't let them, but its the IDF fault.

You were in the military, you give an evacuation order, give time to leave and then go forward. What should the IDF do? Just let them fire missiles into Israel? They have cruise missiles in houses.

A dead child, is a dead child, regardless if it's Israeli, Lebanese, Russian, Ukrainian, Palestinian, Kuwaitis, Iraqi or American.

With its nuclear weapons, armor and overwhelming air superiority; Israel feels immune to the consequences of its indiscriminate air attacks against a weak neighbor.

Hope Turkey finally brings some reality to the Zionists. Only then is there a real chance for a negotiated settlement.

Especially since our DC politicians have been bought and paid for by the Zionist lobbyists for decades.

The US needs to stop funding these butcheries. Period.
The US needs to stop using our poor and working class overseas to continue to bleed on behalf of our elites.

WE ARE BEING MANIPULATED.
Guy Noir
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

A dead child, is a dead child, regardless if it's Israeli, Lebanese, Russian, Ukrainian, Palestinian, Kuwaitis, Iraqi or American.

With its nuclear weapons, armor and overwhelming air superiority; Israel feels immune to the consequences of its indiscriminate air attacks against a weak neighbor.

Hope Turkey finally brings some reality to the Zionists. Only then is there a real chance for a negotiated settlement.

Especially since our DC politicians have been bought and paid for by the Zionist lobbyists for decades.

The US needs to stop using our poor and working class overseas to continue to bleed on behalf of our elites.

If Lebanon and Gaza want peace then it would be helpful if they stopped shooting rockets into Israel. They could lay down their arms and stop attacking Israel. War is war. It is a terrible thing. The Hamas refuse to sign a peace agreement even though they are defeated. The Hamas and Hezbollah has asked for war and they are bringing the terror on to their people.
KaiBear
Guy Noir said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

If Lebanon and Gaza want peace then it would be helpful if they stopped shooting rockets into Israel. They could lay down their arms and stop attacking Israel. War is war. It is a terrible thing. The Hamas refuse to sign a peace agreement even though they are defeated. The Hamas and Hezbollah has asked for war and they are bringing the terror on to their people.

I have been a supporter of Israel my entire life.

But these indiscriminate attacks against Lebanon are the last straw. Someone needs to reel these Zionists in and stop the killing.
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Might be right.

You have a better shot at peace is Israel wins than Hezbellan or Hamas. They will just find someone else to hate and kill. It is what they do.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Might be right.

You have a better shot at peace is Israel wins than Hezbellan or Hamas. They will just find someone else to hate and kill. It is what they do.

They don't hate Swedes, Swiss, Hungarians, or anyone in Central or South America.

Maybe, just maybe it's because none of those countries launch air strikes throughout the Middle East periodically.

We simply need to be like a host of other countries and stop attempting to be the worlds policeman.
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Might be right.

They don't hate Swedes, Swiss, Hungarians, or anyone in Central or South America.

Maybe, just maybe it's because none of those countries launch air strikes throughout the Middle East periodically.

We simply need to be like a host of other countries and stop attempting to be the worlds policeman.
Well, for 80 years it worked. Someone had to do it and the US as the Policemen limited the wars to regional types.

Are we ready for what happens when the US as cop isn't there? When we are relying on Putin and Xi's sense of fairness and human rights?

Not saying you are wrong, just that there are ramifications either way.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Might be right.

Well, for 80 years it worked. Someone had to do it and the US as the Policemen limited the wars to regional types.

Are we ready for what happens when the US as cop isn't there? When we are relying on Putin and Xi's sense of fairness and human rights?

Not saying you are wrong, just that there are ramifications either way.

WW2

500,000 dead US servicemen

Result : Japan, Germany and Italy crushed. Millions dead.

Soviet Union rules Eastern Europe for over 50 years.
China goes communist

Korean War

38,000 US servicemen killed

Result : Mao shows the rest of the Far East the US can be beaten in a conventional war. China begins its journey towards dominance.

Vietnam War

53,000 US servicemen dead. Hundreds of thousands wounded.
Humiliation for the United States worldwide. American society begins its crumbling.

First Iraqi War. Bush and the US Army kicks ass. Follows UN mandate. Liberates Kuwait. Protects western oil nerfs.

2nd Iraqi War. US Army kicks ass again. Conquers Iraqi in one of the most tactically brilliant displays since the Mexican War.
US politicians then lose the peace. Iran power grows in the vacuum.

Meanwhile

9-11 over 3000 US civilians dead

Waco1947
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Likely the end of Palestine as we know it

Israel was never going to let them actual have a State anyway.

Helpful info
Waco1947 ,la
First Page Last Page
Page 162 of 166

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.