Gay Pride Month

12,518 Views | 261 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by historian
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mitch Blood Green said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

In the competition for how victimization, there's a nude, I mean new strategy.

Meh. Doesn't effect me.
affect.
Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

One anecdotal video does not mean all gays. Lib, you have generalized to absurdity.
We've shown you hundreds of examples, you just refuse to believe your own eyes
historian
He's still trolling.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Harrison Bergeron said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Meh. Doesn't effect me.
affect.

Generally I'd use affect here as a guideline. But technically effect can be used as well.
But really, why would you bother correcting anyway, seems kinda gay.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Waco1947 said:

TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

The opposite of shaming is pride. There is a lot of gays shaming.
As far this endless posting about stupid people and gay parades gone wrong, I could post similar stupidity videos by Trump supporters.
And a huge parade gone violent on January 6.

There it is.

We can't judge gay parades having naked people or sexual overtones because...TRUMP!!!

Pretty much like every progressive activist. They actively support every form of sexual debauchery. Believe if kids are exposed to it, they'll grow up more open to it, which furthers their cause.Stupid comment and a strawman. Conjecture without proof

As for 47 being gay, anyone that invested into defending gay sex has likely experienced it or is at least open to it. Who knows, 47 may be an exception to that but nothing he's said would lead me to believe otherwise. Now you add a lie to to your stupid comments.

Edit - just to be clear here, I'm not trying to deride his sexuality. If he's gay or not, it is what it is.

Now his beliefs and his willingness to prioritize his gay beliefs over scripture while directly or indirectly encouraging others to do the same to sin (by all traditional Christian standards) is fair game for criticism.
Sure, Romans 1 is about homoerotism. Just like every culture in that time banned same sex behavior. Homosexual intercourse was mostly through Men dressing up their slaves as women to demonstrate their manliness. The other form of homosexual was pederasty -- men with boys. These were cultural norms that Paul condemned. With Paul I condemn, too because they dehumanize the men slaves and the innocent boys. I condemn these acts for the power relationship that these men exercise in same sex behavior. Is that clear enough to you?

I think you've made it clear that you encourage Christians to live in sin. Also, all your self bolded comments are nonsensical.

Since the beginning of church history, and fwiw all the way back to Adam, married heterosexuality or celibacy are the only two moral options for Christians. A gay oriented Christian should be lovingly encouraged to deny one's self, as expressed in the Bible and throughout church history. Being gay is not an identity, Christianity is. You are encouraging brothers to sin because you worship secular love over the one true holy God.
Harrison Bergeron

Harrison Bergeron said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Meh. Doesn't effect me.
affect.

Generally I'd use affect here as a guideline. But technically effect can be used as well.
But really, why would you bother correcting anyway, seems kinda gay.
Incorrect.
LIB,MR BEARS
Harrison Bergeron said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Meh. Doesn't effect me.
affect.

But really, why would you bother correcting anyway, seems gay.
Incorrect.
FIFY
Harrison Bergeron

Waco1947 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

The opposite of shaming is pride. There is a lot of gays shaming.
As far this endless posting about stupid people and gay parades gone wrong, I could post similar stupidity videos by Trump supporters.
And a huge parade gone violent on January 6.

There it is.

We can't judge gay parades having naked people or sexual overtones because...TRUMP!!!

Pretty much like every progressive activist. They actively support every form of sexual debauchery. Believe if kids are exposed to it, they'll grow up more open to it, which furthers their cause.Stupid comment and a strawman. Conjecture without proof

As for 47 being gay, anyone that invested into defending gay sex has likely experienced it or is at least open to it. Who knows, 47 may be an exception to that but nothing he's said would lead me to believe otherwise. Now you add a lie to to your stupid comments.

Edit - just to be clear here, I'm not trying to deride his sexuality. If he's gay or not, it is what it is.

Now his beliefs and his willingness to prioritize his gay beliefs over scripture while directly or indirectly encouraging others to do the same to sin (by all traditional Christian standards) is fair game for criticism.
Sure, Romans 1 is about homoerotism. Just like every culture in that time banned same sex behavior. Homosexual intercourse was mostly through Men dressing up their slaves as women to demonstrate their manliness. The other form of homosexual was pederasty -- men with boys. These were cultural norms that Paul condemned. With Paul I condemn, too because they dehumanize the men slaves and the innocent boys. I condemn these acts for the power relationship that these men exercise in same sex behavior. Is that clear enough to you?

I think you've made it clear that you encourage Christians to live in sin. Also, all your self bolded comments are nonsensical.

Since the beginning of church history, and fwiw all the way back to Adam, married heterosexuality or celibacy are the only two moral options for Christians. A gay oriented Christian should be lovingly encouraged to deny one's self, as expressed in the Bible and throughout church history. Being gay is not an identity, Christianity is. You are encouraging brothers to sin because you worship secular love over the one true holy God.
Well said.

If there was a Christian man with a proclivity to molest kids, rape women, sleep around, etc., we would not encourage him to celebrate "pride" in his behavior and live as his authentic self. Being attracted to men is not sinful. Acting on it is.
Oldbear83
Late to the discussion, but I see two points we should consider.

First, if you read Luke 14:33, you will see Christ warn that you must be willing to give up everything you have to be called his disciple. I mention that to remind us just how far we are in our natures and habits from whom we ought to be.

The Bible has few instances of homosexual behavior, focusing instead on the far more common but just as serious sins of greed, pride and blasphemy. We all need to daily confess our sins, in part to stay focused on the fact that we are all of us fallen and in desperate need of God's grace through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Yet the Bible is also clear, and Christ did allude to the great sin of a nation which replaces obedience to God with deliberate sin, as happens in promoting Homosexuality as a culture.

There is a great difference between speaking to an individual who is wrestling with the moral character of his desires, and a person or group who demands that a sin be celebrated by a nation.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
KaiBear
Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

One anecdotal video does not mean all gays. Lib, you have generalized to absurdity.
We've shown you hundreds of examples, you just refuse to believe your own eyes

Old 47 has got absolutely nothing left to do but troll the internet.

Kind of sad but one has to take the consequences of one's life choices .
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Oldbear83 said:

Late to the discussion, but I see two points we should consider.

First, if you read Luke 14:33, you will see Christ warn that you must be willing to give up everything you have to be called his disciple. I mention that to remind us just how far we are in our natures and habits from whom we ought to be.

The Bible has few instances of homosexual behavior, focusing instead on the far more common but just as serious sins of greed, pride and blasphemy. We all need to daily confess our sins, in part to stay focused on the fact that we are all of us fallen and in desperate need of God's grace through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Yet the Bible is also clear, and Christ did allude to the great sin of a nation which replaces obedience to God with deliberate sin, as happens in promoting Homosexuality as a culture.

There is a great difference between speaking to an individual who is wrestling with the moral character of his desires, and a person or group who demands that a sin be celebrated by a nation.

Few instances but very clear. Additionally, it was commonly accepted as sinful amongst jews and the early church.
Yogi
Pride Pavilion

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Harrison Bergeron
Yogi said:

Pride Pavilion

Not surprising. Baylor is just another mediocre college virtue signaling.
historian
Well said.

Modern American culture resembles ancient cultures with their glorification of perversion, greed, child sacrifice (abortion), selfishness, & narcissism. It's a form of neo-paganism, literally.
SIC EM 94
Yogi said:

Pride Pavilion

That hardly looks like it was intended to represent Gay Pride. Did Baylor specifically say that was what it was?
Jack Bauer
SIC EM 94 said:

Yogi said:

Pride Pavilion

That hardly looks like it was intended to represent Gay Pride. Did Baylor specifically say that was what it was?

I think it was just a lights test during construction
historian
I vaguely remember a discussion about it at the time. I don't remember any details but it had a different meaning, one more benign.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.