Gay Pride Month

16,822 Views | 330 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by J.R.
BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LIB,MR BEARS said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

historian said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Realitybites said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Being attracted to men is not sinful. Acting on it is.

You've fallen in to the philosophical tiger pit that the LGBT movement dug. A man being attracted to a woman is not inherently disordered. A man being attracted to a man is inherently disordered. The first step down this long road was delisting homosexuality as a mental illness.
You are both correct. Not acting on disordered desires may not be "sinful" in the sense that there is no active, willful commission of sin, but disordered desires come from our sin nature we inherited. Both are the "sin" that Jesus had to die for.

I agree one hundred percent though, that it'd be wrong to say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with just having the desire.

Jesus has something to say about sinful thoughts in Matthew:

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery.' But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:27-28

We cannot prevent birds from flying over our heads, but we can keep them from making nest on top of our heads.

IMHO, a person with same-sex attraction would not be sinning regarding those thoughts until they dwell on those thoughts or act on those thoughts. As they grow in Christ, those things should occur less and less.

Having the desire or orientation itself is a result of man's broken state. It is the result of sin nature. It's not wrong to say that they're not actively sinning for just the orientation alone, but it'd definitely be wrong to say that they're without sin for having it. This goes for all desires and orientations toward anything that is against God's design and will, not just homosexuality.

We all have a sin nature. It is part of the state of our fallen world. It is a condition of living in a fallen world.

Charles Spurgeon said, "As the salt flavors every drop in the Atlantic, so does sin affect every atom of our nature. It is so sadly there, so abundantly there, that if you cannot detect it, you are deceived."

Is having that sin nature a sin in and of itself?
Haven't I been answering that? Not a sin of commission, but still sin.

If a person desires to have sex with small children but never acts on it, still, wouldn't you say that something is wrong?
Waco1947
Is anal or oral sex against God's design for heterosexuals?
J.R.
muddybrazos said:

I just got back from a weekend trip to Denver. It wasnt a surpirse but it was pride literally everywhere. LIke every hotel had the flags, special pride cocktails and even the city municipal buildings in Golden had the flags flying. It was nice to come back to the south where you wouldnt even know it's pride month at all.
don't know about the good ole south. I live next to the Gayborhood in Dallas and it is reved up. Just returned from NOLA and pride was a huge player. I'd call that south.
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

I think Coke already answered this for you.
muddybrazos
J.R. said:

muddybrazos said:

I just got back from a weekend trip to Denver. It wasnt a surpirse but it was pride literally everywhere. LIke every hotel had the flags, special pride cocktails and even the city municipal buildings in Golden had the flags flying. It was nice to come back to the south where you wouldnt even know it's pride month at all.
don't know about the good ole south. I live next to the Gayborhood in Dallas and it is reved up. Just returned from NOLA and pride was a huge player. I'd call that south.
You live in the gayborhood. I doubt Frisco, Plano or N Dallas is going crazy with pride crap everywhere and New Orleans is a 24/7 pride parade once you get halfway down Bourbon st.
Redbrickbear
historian
cms186 said:

Realitybites said:

historian said:

Because there is nothing inherent in LGBT behavior that can perpetuate itself. It relies on grooming to transmit itself to the next generation.
But that reasons that LGBT people want everyone to be LGBT, thats not really the case outside of some exceptions

There is a difference between homosexuals who keep to themselves and remain in the closet on the one hand and the political activists on the other who are fascist bullies. Both groups are perverted but the first group ard more tolerable. The second group included pedophiles and other dangerous types and they tend to be very evil.

Anyone targeting children for any reason is evil. That should be obvious, even in 2024.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
cms186
historian said:

cms186 said:

Realitybites said:

historian said:

Because there is nothing inherent in LGBT behavior that can perpetuate itself. It relies on grooming to transmit itself to the next generation.
But that reasons that LGBT people want everyone to be LGBT, thats not really the case outside of some exceptions

There is a difference between homosexuals who keep to themselves and remain in the closet on the one hand and the political activists on the other who are fascist bullies. Both groups are perverted but the first group ard more tolerable. The second group included pedophiles and other dangerous types and they tend to be very evil.

But those arent the only 2 types of Gays, ive mentioned before that my Brother is Gay, he was "in the closet" for a long time, but came out to us a few years ago when my Mum was dying. He has been to a Pride march (I think just to see what it was about) I dont think hes been to one since. He isnt overtly Gay, he dresses like a Heterosexual Man and if you didnt know him, theres no indicator that he is Gay.

I would guess that this is how the majority of Gay people in our countries live their lives, A: because their sexuality doesnt define their entire personality and B: because the inherent homophobia in society makes it easier to live that way.

Yes you have people who are flamboyantly Gay and proud to be so, fair enough, its not how I would choose to live if i were Gay, but as long as they arent hurting anyone, then i dont really care.

Trying to label anyone who is a LGBT activist as being potential Paedophiles is just plain wrong headedness. If I were a Paedophile, I would be trying to keep as low a profile as possible, not trying to cast publicity on myself.
Quote:

Anyone targeting children for any reason is evil. That should be obvious, even in 2024.

well then why do we have Sunday School at Churches? or any other kind of Religious activity that targets kids?

Homosexuality is not a choice, it might be distasteful to those of us who arent Homosexual, but these people exist, you dont choose to be Gay, its not a fashion choice, look how they are treated by a large section of society, why would anyone choose that? in some countries, being Gay is still a crime and some of those countries have very harsh punishments, why would anyone choose that?

In that vein, I dont believe that these activists are trying to "convert" people, as i said, its not a choice, so trying to "convert" people simply isnt possible, they want to be able live their lives without abuse or violence being directed at them and to have the same rights as Straight people.

Now, you can certainly have a bit more sense talking about Transgenderism, that is more of a sticky subject, and i certainly dont agree with young kids being allowed and encouraged to transition genders. If an adult decides they are in the wrong body, then fine, do whatever you want with your body as long as it doesnt hurt someone else, but a Kid is a different story.
I'm the English Guy
historian
If one engaged in homosexual activities (sexual, political, or otherwise), that is a choice. No one has to do those things.

You are comparing those who molest or otherwise abuse children to Sunday School teachers trying to educate children???? That's twisted and sick. The two are polar opposites!
cms186
historian said:

If one engaged in homosexual activities (sexual, political, or otherwise), that is a choice. No one has to do those things.
so to you, if someone is a Homosexual, they should live their lives without love or companionship, just because you dont like it and think its wrong?
Quote:

You are comparing those who molest or otherwise abuse children to Sunday School teachers trying to educate children???? That's twisted and sick. The two are polar opposites!
No, thats not what i said, if by "target Children" you intended to mean molest and abuse, then obviously thats a different thing and yes, its completely abhorrent, that should go without saying.

However, I assumed you meant "target" as in indoctrination or education
I'm the English Guy
historian
What I think is unimportant & irrelevant. If someone truly wants to change, they can. It requires humility, the opposite of what homosexuals celebrate this month, and it's called repentance: turning away from one's sin.

Many people have done it but it's rarely talked about because it defies the prevailing narratives. But that's true of a lot of truths whether spiritual, moral, cultural, political, or economic. Really, any other category you can think of. We live in a fallen world and people prefer to revel in their own sins. That is the path to destruction.

I appreciate the clarification. As I see it, the attempt to indoctrinate children into the LGBT++++ lifestyle is for the purpose of molestation. Yes, the perversion is a sort of cult with religious obsession and a modern day inquisition of sorts against those who disagree. But it's the antithesis of Sunday Schools teaching kids about Jesus, real love (not the perverted kind), and salvation. Literally, it's the opposite. That's why I say it's evil. Because it is. Read the book of Romans. It's a clear explanation of these and many other important topics, placing everything in proper perspective.
Doc Holliday
cms186 said:

historian said:

cms186 said:

Realitybites said:

historian said:

But those arent the only 2 types of Gays, ive mentioned before that my Brother is Gay, he was "in the closet" for a long time, but came out to us a few years ago when my Mum was dying. He has been to a Pride march (I think just to see what it was about) I dont think hes been to one since. He isnt overtly Gay, he dresses like a Heterosexual Man and if you didnt know him, theres no indicator that he is Gay.

I would guess that this is how the majority of Gay people in our countries live their lives, A: because their sexuality doesnt define their entire personality and B: because the inherent homophobia in society makes it easier to live that way.

Yes you have people who are flamboyantly Gay and proud to be so, fair enough, its not how I would choose to live if i were Gay, but as long as they arent hurting anyone, then i dont really care.

Trying to label anyone who is a LGBT activist as being potential Paedophiles is just plain wrong headedness. If I were a Paedophile, I would be trying to keep as low a profile as possible, not trying to cast publicity on myself.
Quote:

well then why do we have Sunday School at Churches? or any other kind of Religious activity that targets kids?

Homosexuality is not a choice, it might be distasteful to those of us who arent Homosexual, but these people exist, you dont choose to be Gay, its not a fashion choice, look how they are treated by a large section of society, why would anyone choose that? in some countries, being Gay is still a crime and some of those countries have very harsh punishments, why would anyone choose that?

In that vein, I dont believe that these activists are trying to "convert" people, as i said, its not a choice, so trying to "convert" people simply isnt possible, they want to be able live their lives without abuse or violence being directed at them and to have the same rights as Straight people.

Now, you can certainly have a bit more sense talking about Transgenderism, that is more of a sticky subject, and i certainly dont agree with young kids being allowed and encouraged to transition genders. If an adult decides they are in the wrong body, then fine, do whatever you want with your body as long as it doesnt hurt someone else, but a Kid is a different story.
Is BDSM or a foot fetish a choice? How about strange role play? Hookers? Cheating?

The answer is that sex can behave like a drug if you let it. We're not allowed to ask why, but this is exactly why.

Kinks feel wrong and that's why they get some people off: more adrenaline = more horny.

Everything outside of heterosexuality feels wrong deep down subconsciously.
historian
It feels wrong because it is wrong. Thus is true for heterosexuality outside the bounds such as adultery, etc. We all have a conscience but we also choose to ignore it at times. The result is sin. Sexual sins ard of a unique nature but they are just like all sins at the basic level.
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

Sort of. Any girl that says ass or nothing, consider your choices.
Harrison Bergeron
cms186 said:

historian said:

so to you, if someone is a Homosexual, they should live their lives without love or companionship, just because you dont like it and think its wrong?
Quote:

No, thats not what i said, if by "target Children" you intended to mean molest and abuse, then obviously thats a different thing and yes, its completely abhorrent, that should go without saying.

However, I assumed you meant "target" as in indoctrination or education
If someone desired to cheat on a spouse, should he or she live their lives without this companionship just because you do not like it and think it is wrong?

If someone want to marry his sister, should he live his life without this love and companionship just because you do not like it and think it is wrong?

If someone is attracted to children, should he or she live their lives without this love and companionship just because you do not like it and think it is wrong?
J.R.
muddybrazos said:

J.R. said:

muddybrazos said:

You live in the gayborhood. I doubt Frisco, Plano or N Dallas is going crazy with pride crap everywhere and New Orleans is a 24/7 pride parade once you get halfway down Bourbon st.
I live a couple of blocks from the Gayborhood. Probably not much pride going on in Frisco, Plano ect. However, you couldn't pay me to live there. I generally don't go north of NWHYJust a personal choice.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.