Gay Pride Month

16,826 Views | 330 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by J.R.
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

Sombear "But you need to keep reading in Romans 1:

They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. Who is They? The Gentiles but later the Jews are also condemned. Are a Jew, knowing the law but being unfaithful to it?
or are you a Gentile "has no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy."

Also:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Timothy 1:8-11 ESV - Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.
[url=https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/139967/replies/3763877][/url]Paul would not have know this word "homosexuality'. That appellation is the translator attribution not a Pauline word. Words matter. One cannot simply fling around words in Scripture.

that passage using the word homosexual is based on translated two Greek words that refer to the passive and active participants in homosexual acts. You should know that as a biblical scholar because words matter as you say
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Johnny Bear
Doc Holliday said:

sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

Practice empathy: Try to see things from others' perspectives, even if you don't agree with them. Ask yourself how you would feel if you were in their shoes and try to understand their motivations and feelings.Psychology Today
I agree. We Christians have for too long treated homosexuality as some kind of super sin, while looking the other way, or even endorsing, as our friends, family, and fellow church members have affairs, divorce, or live together/have sex before marriage - let alone all the nonsexual sins we accept, such as greed, anger, etc.

If you truly believe the Bible, it's all the same. In all of these cases we should hate the sin but truly love the sinner.

And, I know, the common rebuttal is that only gays flaunt it, try to change laws, force others to accept it, etc.

But what do you think divorcees, adulterers, etc. would do and how do you think they would behave if they were treated the same way?
I think the whole "super sin" thing can be attributed to two things:

1) The "ick" factor; and
2) An active, world-wide campaign to normalize and excuse sinful behavior and indoctrinate our children regarding same.

I think the former played a bigger role prior to the last couple of decades in people's mindset. But today, I think the latter is the much bigger factor regarding the attention that sin gets.

You don't see any campaigns devoted to normalizing being greedy, or saying "greed is good." You don't see people attempting to say cheating on your spouse is a good thing. We don't see any tweets from the White House encouraging such sinful behaviors among our children, as we saw yesterday with the White House tweet to "trans children." That is because all of these things are generally seen as bad or harmful to humanity.

Today, the same cannot be said of LGBTQ+. And I think that is why it may be exacerbated by the church - or at least those churches who correctly hold it to be sinful.

Point 2 I agree with as I already said. My question (don't know the answer for sure) is whether it would have turned out this way had we treated them as we do other sinners (all of us). I submit that the reason there is no counter-movement for other sins is we really don't treat them as sins or treat the sinners as sinners as we always have homosexuals. Throughout world history, groups that have been discriminated against have pushed or fought back. One can certainly argue that gays would have done the same things had we adopted a true love the sinner hate the sin approach. We'll never know.

Be honest, do we look at an adult man who sleeps with his girlfriend or even fiance with the same disdain we do homosexuals?

How about the adult whose entire life is about work and money?

I support the Colorado baker 100%. But has he refused to design a cake for two divorcees remarrying? How about couples living together?
I think we look at deviant sexual proclivities differently, and that's just human nature. If a man has sex with an underaged teen and a man has sex with an adult mistress, both are sin, no? But we look at one as much, much worse than the other (and not merely because it's criminal). I think the same as true with adultery vs. homosexuality. Both fall short of God's glory, but one simply seems more deviant and against nature.

If we had treated the sin as just another sin (even though I don't think sins of the flesh are just another sin), would we have seen the push we are seeing now to normalize the behavior? Perhaps. Perhaps not. We will never know. But I tend to think that humanity has always attempted to rationalize sinful behavior, and we would have seen it regardless.
Yet we don't see it from adulterers, philanderers, fornicators, etc. Interesting to think about. I don't pretend to have the answers, but we for sure have treated homosexuals far worse than vast majority of other sinners.
I think the difference is people don't wear their sin with pride except for LGBT and gluttons.

Murderers or other sinners don't walk in the streets claiming its perfectly fine that they kill people and have an entire media apparatus and government telling everyone to respect them.

Good point.

I'm in the camp that in the eyes of God sin or "missing the mark" is sin and all of it separates us from right relationship with God although obviously some sins produce more serious and dire consequences than others - especially in this life. The sins of same sex attracted people as my pastor likes to refer to them as are no worse than my sins or your sins and the job of Christians is to be accepting of them as fallen sin prone human beings in need of a Savior just like the rest of us. On the other hand the practice of homosexuality is clearly Biblically labeled as sin and it's the simultaneous job for Christians to oppose sin. So just like the alcoholic should be totally accepted and loved as a person as we simultaneously pray for healing from their addiction and do what we can to help them break away from their sin, the practicing homosexual should also be totally accepted and loved as a person while we pray for delivery from their sin and do what we can to help them break away from their perversion.

Put another way, as the old hymn "Just As I Am" indicates, come just as you are - but don't continue to stay as you are.
Harrison Bergeron
Still need to be asking why so many are obsessed with grooming children.
Waco1947
sombear said:

Paul knew what gay sex was and clearly was talking about that. One of my complaints against many conservatives on this issue is they consider homosexual urges and homosexual acts synonymous.
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. Who is They? The Gentiles but later the Jews are also condemned. Are a Jew, knowing the law but being unfaithful to it?

Also:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Timothy 1:8-11 ESV - Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.
[url=https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/139967/replies/3763877][/url]Paul would not have know this word "homosexuality'. That appellation is the translator attribution not a Pauline word. Words matter. One cannot simply fling around words in Scripture.

that passage using the word homosexual is based on translated two Greek words that refer to the passive and active participants in homosexual acts. You should know that as a biblical scholar because words matter as you say
I do know it. These homosexual acts that Paul is referring to or abusive.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

sombear said:

Paul knew what gay sex was and clearly was talking about that. One of my complaints against many conservatives on this issue is they consider homosexual urges and homosexual acts synonymous.
clearly, you do not know the difference between homosesexuality and homosexual behavior. I'm a sexuality is an orientation and homosexual behavior as well behavior. Wall is talking about the latter
Umm what?
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

sombear said:

clearly, you do not know the difference between homosesexuality and homosexual behavior. I'm a sexuality is an orientation and homosexual behavior as well behavior. Wall is talking about the latter
sombear
Waco1947 said:

sombear said:

I literally just said they were different.
sombear
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Also:

No evidence or plausible interpretation for that.
4th and Inches
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Waco1947
sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Also:

In Paul's day, the critics of homoerotic activity invariably associated it with insatiable lust and avarice. Seneca portrayed it as a rich man's sport, Dio Chrysostom as the ultimate sexual debauchery, and Philo, with reference to Sodom, as one of the vile consequences of wanton luxury and self-centeredness. The old Platonic ideal of the pure, disinterested love between a man and a boy had come to ruin on the hard realities of Roman decadence. One of the speakers in Plutarch's dialogue could acknowledge the possibility of genuine homosexual love, but even he saw a need to repeat Plato's warning about homoerotic seduction." Victor Paul Furnish, New Testament Scholar
Waco1947
sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Also:

"Homoerotic conduct was also commonly assumed to involve, necessarily, one person's exploitation of another. Plutarch's Daphnaeus admitted that even if the passive male has consented to homoerotic intercourse, by taking on the "weakness" and "effeminacy" of a woman, his shame is greater than a woman's because he has surrendered his manliness.From this point of view, if there is exploitation of one person by another even where there is consent, how much more where there is none. One thinks of the Sodomites' attempted rape of Lot's visitors, of the sexual favors a master could demand of his slaves, and of a pederast's sexual abuse of a pubescent boy. To ethical teachers in the Greco-Roman world, it would have seemed just as obvious that homoerotic conduct was inherently exploitative as that it was driven by lust."

Victor Paul furnish, Noted NT scholar

Waco1947
sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

sombear said:

I literally just said they were different. My apologies -- my mistake
Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Also:

I"n Paul's day, the critics of homoerotic activity invariably associated it with insatiable lust and avarice. Seneca portrayed it as a rich man's sport, Dio Chrysostom as the ultimate sexual debauchery, and Philo, with reference to Sodom, as one of the vile consequences of wanton luxury and self-centeredness. The old Platonic ideal of the pure, disinterested love between a man and a boy had come to ruin on the hard realities of Roman decadence. One of the speakers in Plutarch's dialogue could acknowledge the possibility of genuine homosexual love, but even he saw a need to repeat Plato's warning about homoerotic seduction." Victor Paul Furnish, New Testament Scholar
Now he's posting evidence that opposes his own position?

I don't think he caught the irony of the thread is about PRIDE month, which is all about debauchery, lust, and avarice.
Waco1947
Whiskey Pete said:

June isn't gay pride month, it's national groomer's month
What would a gay parent say to you?
Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

What would you say to Chloe?

Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

The opposite of shaming is pride. There is a lot of gays shaming.
As far this endless posting about stupid people and gay parades gone wrong, I could post similar stupidity videos by Trump supporters.
And a huge parade gone violent on January 6.
Pride is a sin.

Pride is self- devotion, self-justification, and self-glorying in contempt of God. You support that.

Repent now. Stop encouraging people that sex that doesn't lead to procreation isn't a sin. Stop encouraging sexual practices that lead to deadly diseases and major health problems.

So no oral sex, anal sex between heterosexuals, no sex for women past menopause, no condoms because is an abortive act sopping the sperm from getting an egg, no sex for women simply wanting recreational sex in marriage?
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

I have some candy in my pocket?
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

The opposite of shaming is pride. There is a lot of gays shaming.
As far this endless posting about stupid people and gay parades gone wrong, I could post similar stupidity videos by Trump supporters.
And a huge parade gone violent on January 6.
Pride is a sin.

Pride is self- devotion, self-justification, and self-glorying in contempt of God. You support that.

Repent now. Stop encouraging people that sex that doesn't lead to procreation isn't a sin. Stop encouraging sexual practices that lead to deadly diseases and major health problems.

So no oral sex, anal sex between heterosexuals, no sex for women past menopause, no condoms because is an abortive act sopping the sperm from getting an egg, no sex for women simply wanting recreational sex in marriage?
All better ideas than sticking it in a man's butt.
J.R.
Waco1947 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Mr. Pete needs to get out more. So, Petey, you think all gay folks are child groomers? Seriously? I have gay friends and none of them or anyone in that community, that I know are just professionals living their lives. To say, much less think all gays are groomers is just ridiculous .
LIB,MR BEARS
GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

I have some candy in my pocket?
I think he is saying the parent of a gay, not a gay parent.

Assuming that's the case, it would be phrased "my kid has some candy in they/thems pocket."
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

sombear said:

clearly, you do not know the difference between homosexuality and homosexual behavior. Sexuality is an orientation and homosexual behavior as well behavior. Paul is talking about the latter.

So no oral sex, anal sex between heterosexuals, no sex for women past menopause, no condoms because it is an act stopping the sperm from getting an egg, no sex for women simply wanting recreational sex in marriage?
Waiting on your answer
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

sombear said:

clearly, you do not know the difference between homosexuality and homosexual behavior. Sexuality is an orientation and homosexual behavior as well behavior. Paul is talking about the latter.

So no oral sex, anal sex between heterosexuals, no sex for women past menopause, no condoms because it is an act stopping the sperm from getting an egg, no sex for women simply wanting recreational sex in marriage?
Waiting on your answer
I already answered. Any marriage outside of heterosexuality is sinful and any sex outside of heterosexuality is sinful.
ShooterTX
LGBT is literally anti-American now.

They literally want to arrest someone for doing a burnout?

These people are ruining our country.

ShooterTX
ShooterTX
This is too funny... and far too true.
Mental illness is taking over our nation.

ShooterTX
Forest Bueller
Jack Bauer said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

ron.reagan said:

this thread is the gayest thing I've seen in a while
it's only June 4th. Stay tuned.

Rotten Tomatoes rates it in the 90 plus percent range, audience score 28 percent.

So it is likely a preachy wokey series that is annoying.
ShooterTX
Forest Bueller said:

Jack Bauer said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

ron.reagan said:

Rotten Tomatoes rates it in the 90 plus percent range, audience score 28 percent.

I watched a bit of it.... it's awful.
Dumbest **** ever produced by Disney... and that's really saying something.
Fight scenes are stupid and make no sense. Example: a girl who has obvious force abilities is trying to kill a Jedi with a knife. The Jedi takes away the knife and then just tosses it on the ground. The girl uses the force to retrieve the knife and then stabs & kills the Jedi with it. That's the dumbest Jedi of all time. Why would you leave a weapon in easy grasp of an assassin?

There was only one white male character (out of dozens of characters), and he literally says nothing and quickly dies. It is terribly "woke". Every character is a woman or gay or black or all three. It's the very worst writing in Disney history... again, that's really saying something!

The Acolyte is DEI at its very worst. Completely unwatchable.
ShooterTX
ShooterTX
It's long overdue, but finally the psuedo-science/political groups like the AMA and AAP are being called to account for their destruction of children and their bodies.

The science is clear and is immutable. Male & Female... there is nothing else.

Stop destroying our kids. There is an entire generation at risk here, and Waco wants to kill them all... first kill their souls and then their bodies. Groomers like Waco need to be locked up... either in a padded room or a jail cell... or both.

ShooterTX
ShooterTX
More basic facts & science about the harm & destruction that is currently being pushed upon children by sickos like Waco.

Face it Waco.... you are killing children. Stop it now, and get help for your pedophile issues.
ShooterTX
Johnny Bear
ShooterTX said:

Forest Bueller said:

Jack Bauer said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

ron.reagan said:

Fight scenes are stupid and make no sense. Example: a girl who has obvious force abilities is trying to kill a Jedi with a knife. The Jedi takes away the knife and then just tosses it on the ground. The girl uses the force to retrieve the knife and then stabs & kills the Jedi with it. That's the dumbest Jedi of all time. Why would you leave a weapon in easy grasp of an assassin?

There was only one white male character (out of dozens of characters), and he literally says nothing and quickly dies. It is terribly "woke". Every character is a woman or gay or black or all three. It's the very worst writing in Disney history... again, that's really saying something!

Remember the "good old days" when movies were mainly about providing entertainment to the masses without the constant pressure to work in affirmation of woke values and adhere to obligatory requirements of depicting at least one or more in your face homosexuals while making sure the main villain is always a straight white person (preferably male). Of course if the villain is also an evil Bible believing Christian that's a real bonus in addition.
ShooterTX
Johnny Bear said:

ShooterTX said:

Forest Bueller said:

Jack Bauer said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

ron.reagan said:

Remember the "good old days" when movies were mainly about providing entertainment to the masses without the constant pressure to work in affirmation of woke values and adhere to obligatory requirements of depicting at least one or more in your face homosexuals while making sure the main villain is always a straight white person (preferably male). Of course if the villain is also an evil Bible believing Christian that's a real bonus in addition.

Yep.

This is what happens when you put DEI over everything else. Somehow this scene made it past the script, the producers, the directors, the editors... no one was smart enough to realize that you can't have an open flame in the vacuum of space?

DEI is the dumbest idea of all time... and that's not a metaphoric statement... it's literally the dumbest.

Oh... I also forgot to mention the noise that the fire & hissing leak are making. There is no sound in space because there are no particles to carry the sound waves.
Good Lord these people are just so dang stupid!
ShooterTX
Johnny Bear
ShooterTX said:

Johnny Bear said:

ShooterTX said:

Forest Bueller said:

Jack Bauer said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

ron.reagan said:

Yep.

This is what happens when you put DEI over everything else. Somehow this scene made it past the script, the producers, the directors, the editors... no one was smart enough to realize that you can't have an open flame in the vacuum of space?

DEI is the dumbest idea of all time... and that's not a metaphoric statement... it's literally the dumbest.

Oh... I also forgot to mention the noise that the fire & hissing leak are making. There is no sound in space because there are no particles to carry the sound waves.
Good Lord these people are just so dang stupid!

Just another bit of evidence at generally how dumbed down our society is any more - largely by design and courtesy of the left.
Jack Bauer
Damn those RIGHT WING nazis speaking out against < checks notes > taking children to watch people dance on stripper poles.

Jack Bauer
Hey Waco47 - where are the straight parades where we bring children to watch gratuitous sexual material including nudity?
Redbrickbear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.