Gay Pride Month

17,674 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by historian
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is absolutely part of diversity and, I support it.

Mitch Blood Green
SIC EM 94 said:

Waco1947 is gay…surprise surprise surprise. Raise your hand if you already knew that sick ******* was queer and void of all morals.

How did you draw that conclusion?
Mitch Blood Green
LIB,MR BEARS said:

This is absolutely part of diversity and, I support it.

I won't be going there.
BellCountyBear
Cobretti said:

Let the whack-adoos eat each other.
Realitybites
"God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;

who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them."

Romans 1. That is all.
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

Celebrate the diversity in our human sexuality.

(I post to poke to stick in the eyes ring wingers who are science and scripture deniers)

Straights are welcome to their own pride month if they wish but it seems odd that have never the same of being gay or demeaning comments, or the discriminatory hiring practices or the denial of civil liberties or the denial of marrying in the LGBTQ community. Dear straights, when you are shamed for being straight let me know.

[url=https://www.quora.com/profile/Ryan-Burnette][/url]Read Ryan Burnette for more details.
[url=https://www.quora.com/Why-does-something-like-gay-pride-exist][/url]

Related
Why does something like "gay pride" exist?
[url=https://www.quora.com/Why-does-something-like-gay-pride-exist][/url]

Gay pride exists because for decades, gay people were shamed for their involuntary gayness. They didn't choose to be gay, you're exactly right on that, but society for years told them that they had to choose to be straight. Otherwise, they were ostracized, discriminated against, beaten, imprisoned, or killed for being born gay.

Gay pride doesn't exist because gay people are proud of being gay, in the sense that it is an accomplishment. Gay pride exists because pride is the opposite of shame; gay pride is the feeling of being free to be yourself, instead of marrying someone you could never love in a romantic or sexual sense, and trying to pretend that you aren't attracted to the opposite sex. And even then, worrying about whether or not you fit society's expectations for gender roles and "how straight people behave as opposed to gay people." Act too feminine, and you're outed as a gay man.

Gay pride today means taking back that strength of identity that was repressed for over a century before. Gay pride is liberating and forces those who are against LGBT rights to accept the fact (and it is a fact) that gays, lesbians, trans folk, non-binaries, and everything in between, they're out there, and they refuse to be trod on any longer.

The reason we still have gay pride festivals and parades? Because people still don't get that being gay isn't morally wrong. It's because of bigots and haters and fanatics who refuse to accept that there are people who don't conform to their worldview.

Why don't we have straight pride festivals? Because straight people have never had to deal with systemic discrimination or being afraid to come out as heterosexual to their friends and family. Gay people have. And sadly, some still do worry about those things.

Satan gonna Satan.
LIB,MR BEARS
Bestweekeverr
At this point, Pride Month is doing more harm than good to gay people.
muddybrazos
Bestweekeverr said:

The good news is that it doesnt seem to be as in your face so far this year. I havent seen as many gay flags around and I know that my local pro soccer team is doing a support the troops night this month but no gay night. They lost money on their pride night last year.
Mitch Blood Green
muddybrazos said:

Bestweekeverr said:

The good news is that it doesnt seem to be as in your face so far this year. I havent seen as many gay flags around and I know that my local pro soccer team is doing a support the troops night this month but no gay night. They lost money on their pride night last year.

Forest Bueller_bf
KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

So very sweet of you to share and celebrate your queerness. It takes a pretty big person to come out of the closet (especially someone claiming to be a preacher.)

Congratulations, kumbaya, and peace out. Happy mudpacking!

Off subject ….does anyone know if our longtime legitimate preacher is ok ?

Used to post here often; then stopped.

A real gentleman.

Believe his wife passed away a couple of years ago after a long illness.

Are you talking about Pale Rider? I have wondered about him as well. What a fine human being. I kinda lost touch with him after he lost his wife. He was living in California. Maybe someone here can update us.

Sorry

Yes, I was referring to Pale Rider.

He remains one of my favorite posters.

Very kind man.

A true representative of what a minister should be.

Pale Rider was my favorite poster on here. He did his best to stay out of the politcal mud pit, but would gently point to the truth of a matter. Wish he were still here.
Forest Bueller_bf
SIC EM 94 said:

Waco1947 is gay…surprise surprise surprise. Raise your hand if you already knew that sick ******* was queer and void of all morals.
Naw, 47 isn't gay.

47 likes to jump up on his pedastal preach at and condemn people who believe homosexual behavior is a sin.

It gives him a thrill for some reason I can't understand, but I'm pretty sure that he isn't gay.

If he were legit and he was correct in his opionion, here is how he would opine........

In humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth.

This is how Pale Rider would deal with matters because he was/is a true Evangelist.

Forest Bueller_bf
LIB,MR BEARS said:

That poor guy, he really got clobbered by that chair.

I think it just knocked him senseless. He really took a hard shot.
Jack Bauer
Dude with beard and hairy chest puts on makeup, nail polish and uses a higher voice and <MAGIC!!!!> - now is 100% female!!!

Aliceinbubbleland
GrowlTowel said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Daveisabovereproach said:

For this reason God delivered them over to disgraceful passions. Their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. The men in the same way also left natural relations with women and were inflamed in their lust for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the appropriate penalty of their error.

And because they did not think it worthwhile to acknowledge God, God delivered them over to a corrupt mind so that they do what is not right. They are filled with all unrighteousness, evil, greed, and wickedness. They are full of envy, murder, quarrels, deceit, and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, arrogant, proud, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, senseless, untrustworthy, unloving, and unmerciful. Although they know God's just sentence- that those who practice such things deserve to die- they not only do them, but even applaud others who practice them.
I think you just described Paxton and Patrick perfectly

Wrong thread.
Nope. See bold.
Waco1947
Ya'll never disappoint when it comes demeaning and ad hominem attacks
Mitch Blood Green
Jack Bauer said:

Dude with beard and hairy chest puts on makeup, nail polish and uses a higher voice and <MAGIC!!!!> - now is 100% female!!!

FWIW, where we disagree is you see that guy as a threat to our daughters.

I see it much broader. (And much narrower) when you watch to catch a predator, it's the "normal" person. It's the teacher (male and female) and all the other respected careers.

You are right to protect your kids at all costs. Don't let your guard down on uncle Mike.
BluesBear
4th and Inches said:

Cobretti said:

party of tolerance.. party of peace for all
You all do realize most cities only have enough food for 3-5 days......this is nothing compared to what will happen when people can't get food.
Waco1947
In refutation of Deuteronomy 23:1
Do not let the foreigner joined to the Lord say, "The Lord will surely separate me from his people"; and do not let the eunuch say, "I am just a dry tree." For thus says the Lord: To the eunuchs who keep my sabbaths, who choose the things that please me and hold fast my covenant, I will give, in my house and within my walls, a monument and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that shall not be cut off … for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples. Thus says the Lord God, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, I will gather others to them besides those already gathered (Is. 56:3-8).
Waco1947
The opposite of shaming is pride. There is a lot of gays shaming.
As far this endless posting about stupid people and gay parades gone wrong, I could post similar stupidity videos by Trump supporters.
And a huge parade gone violent on January 6.
Doc Holliday
Forest Bueller_bf said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Naw, 47 isn't gay.

47 likes to jump up on his pedastal preach at and condemn people who believe homosexual behavior is a sin.

It gives him a thrill for some reason I can't understand…
He likes to think he's morally superior to others.

That's is precisely what the leftist/liberal mindset is today. That they're holier than thou. That they can condemn and call everyone else sinners, even God.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

As far this endless posting about stupid people and gay parades gone wrong, I could post similar stupidity videos by Trump supporters.
Pride is a sin.

Pride is self- devotion, self-justification, and self-glorying in contempt of God. You support that.

Repent now. Stop encouraging people that sex that doesn't lead to procreation isn't a sin. Stop encouraging sexual practices that lead to deadly diseases and major health problems.
Mitch Blood Green
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Pride is a sin.

Pride is self- devotion, self-justification, and self-glorying in contempt of God. You support that.

Repent now. Stop encouraging people that sex that doesn't lead to procreation isn't a sin. Stop encouraging sexual practices that lead to deadly diseases and major health problems.

You have got to elaborate. I have questions.

You said sex that doesn't lead to procreation is a sin. Did you then believe birth control is sinful?
Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

There it is.

We can't judge gay parades having naked people or sexual overtones because...TRUMP!!!
Jack Bauer
Mitch Blood Green said:

Jack Bauer said:

FWIW, where we disagree is you see that guy as a threat to our daughters.

I see it much broader. (And much narrower) when you watch to catch a predator, it's the "normal" person. It's the teacher (male and female) and all the other respected careers.

You are right to protect your kids at all costs. Don't let your guard down on uncle Mike.

if Uncle Mike walked into a woman's locker room, it is creepy and they would call the police.

If Aunt Mike walked into a woman's locker room, it is inclusivity!
Doc Holliday
Mitch Blood Green said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Pride is a sin.

You said sex that doesn't lead to procreation is a sin. Did you then believe birth control is sinful?
All sex between a man and woman despite contraceptives, can lead to pregnancy.

The pill is sinful IMO because there's still a chance of an egg being fertilized and killed. Condoms and pull out method aren't IMO.

Sex isn't just for reproduction, God gave it to us as a gift in our marriage, but marriage and sex between the same sex is a sin.
Jack Bauer
Waco47 applauds because....January 6th!!!!

Harrison Bergeron
https://www.denisonforum.org/daily-article/how-america-changed-its-mind-on-gay-marriage/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=How%20America%20changed%20its%20mind%20on%20gay%20marriage&utm_campaign=6-03-24%20DA%20-%20How%20America%20changed%20its%20mind%20on%20gay%20marriage
J.R.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Celebrate the diversity in our human sexuality.

One's sexuality is not something to be flaunted or celebrated. It is personal. It is really nobody else's business. I don't care who or what you have sex with. You do you. Just don't think if you tell me I am going to give you a celebratory endorsement.
Right there with you on this issue. I'm just waiting for the day when we celebrate my "Flaming Heterosexualness"!
J.R.
I live a few blocks from the "Gayborhood" in Dallas. Whoa it is getting busy down there! Kinda entertaining as I drive down Cedar Springs.
Coke Bear
Mitch Blood Green said:

I'll take an issue with birth control. The Church is state that it is a mortal sin.

Actually, ALL of Christianity agreed with this until 1930 when Anglican bishops at the Lambeth Conference allow for it in limited use by a married couple. May I introduce the slippery slope.

This is why God designed man to be always fertile and woman to only be fertile a few days out of each month.

"The Catholic Church teaches that all acts of sexual intercourse, in order to reach their most authentic God-given meaning, must be both unitive (bringing the couple closer to each other and God) and procreative (open to the possibility of a new life being conceived)."
Waco1947
Practice empathy: Try to see things from others' perspectives, even if you don't agree with them. Ask yourself how you would feel if you were in their shoes and try to understand their motivations and feelings.Psychology Today
sombear
Waco1947 said:

Practice empathy: Try to see things from others' perspectives, even if you don't agree with them. Ask yourself how you would feel if you were in their shoes and try to understand their motivations and feelings.Psychology Today
I agree. We Christians have for too long treated homosexuality as some kind of super sin, while looking the other way, or even endorsing, as our friends, family, and fellow church members have affairs, divorce, or live together/have sex before marriage - let alone all the nonsexual sins we accept, such as greed, anger, etc.

If you truly believe the Bible, it's all the same. In all of these cases we should hate the sin but truly love the sinner.

And, I know, the common rebuttal is that only gays flaunt it, try to change laws, force others to accept it, etc.

But what do you think divorcees, adulterers, etc. would do and how do you think they would behave if they were treated the same way?
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

I have a request for sympathy, Can you take down your 45 pride flags at school and just teach students the core subjects?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.