Gay Pride Month

17,668 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by historian
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Celebrate the diversity in our human sexuality.

(I post to poke to stick in the eyes ring wingers who are science and scripture deniers)

Straights are welcome to their own pride month if they wish but it seems odd that have never the same of being gay or demeaning comments, or the discriminatory hiring practices or the denial of civil liberties or the denial of marrying in the LGBTQ community. Dear straights, when you are shamed for being straight let me know.

[url=https://www.quora.com/profile/Ryan-Burnette][/url]Read Ryan Burnette for more details.
[url=https://www.quora.com/Why-does-something-like-gay-pride-exist][/url]

Related
Why does something like "gay pride" exist?

Gay pride exists because for decades, gay people were shamed for their involuntary gayness. They didn't choose to be gay, you're exactly right on that, but society for years told them that they had to choose to be straight. Otherwise, they were ostracized, discriminated against, beaten, imprisoned, or killed for being born gay.

Gay pride doesn't exist because gay people are proud of being gay, in the sense that it is an accomplishment. Gay pride exists because pride is the opposite of shame; gay pride is the feeling of being free to be yourself, instead of marrying someone you could never love in a romantic or sexual sense, and trying to pretend that you aren't attracted to the opposite sex. And even then, worrying about whether or not you fit society's expectations for gender roles and "how straight people behave as opposed to gay people." Act too feminine, and you're outed as a gay man.

Gay pride today means taking back that strength of identity that was repressed for over a century before. Gay pride is liberating and forces those who are against LGBT rights to accept the fact (and it is a fact) that gays, lesbians, trans folk, non-binaries, and everything in between, they're out there, and they refuse to be trod on any longer.

The reason we still have gay pride festivals and parades? Because people still don't get that being gay isn't morally wrong. It's because of bigots and haters and fanatics who refuse to accept that there are people who don't conform to their worldview.

Why don't we have straight pride festivals? Because straight people have never had to deal with systemic discrimination or being afraid to come out as heterosexual to their friends and family. Gay people have. And sadly, some still do worry about those things.

Johnny Bear
Isn't morally wrong, huh??

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-homosexuality/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw0_WyBhDMARIsAL1Vz8sPGD_EzhxhVea1ZgDy1CooGeBwfp-DdpheVEJIqTaD4j83tPk0s2MaAvugEALw_wcB
whitetrash
Doc Holliday
I will love them and pray for them...but I will never ever bless or accept their lifestyle.

It is the abolishment of human identity which God chose to give from the very beginning.

Pride is the number one enemy of the spirit. Lifting up your throne above all others and making it equal with God is what Satan tried to do. This is what LGBT+ is trying to do.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
So very sweet of you to share and celebrate your queerness. It takes a pretty big person to come out of the closet (especially someone claiming to be a preacher.)

Congratulations, kumbaya, and peace out. Happy mudpacking!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
LIB,MR BEARS
GrowlTowel
Here it is nearly 3 full days into the homo month. I fully expected something from 47 on June 1st at 12:00 a.m.
CammoTX

Whiskey Pete
June isn't gay pride month, it's national groomer's month
Wangchung

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Mitch Blood Green
CammoTX said:

Norm!
Cobretti
Cobretti
4th and Inches
Cobretti said:

party of tolerance.. party of peace for all
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
whitetrash
Cobretti said:

Daveisabovereproach
For this reason God delivered them over to disgraceful passions. Their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. The men in the same way also left natural relations with women and were inflamed in their lust for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the appropriate penalty of their error.

And because they did not think it worthwhile to acknowledge God, God delivered them over to a corrupt mind so that they do what is not right. They are filled with all unrighteousness, evil, greed, and wickedness. They are full of envy, murder, quarrels, deceit, and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, arrogant, proud, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, senseless, untrustworthy, unloving, and unmerciful. Although they know God's just sentence- that those who practice such things deserve to die- they not only do them, but even applaud others who practice them.
Aliceinbubbleland
Daveisabovereproach said:

For this reason God delivered them over to disgraceful passions. Their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. The men in the same way also left natural relations with women and were inflamed in their lust for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the appropriate penalty of their error.

And because they did not think it worthwhile to acknowledge God, God delivered them over to a corrupt mind so that they do what is not right. They are filled with all unrighteousness, evil, greed, and wickedness. They are full of envy, murder, quarrels, deceit, and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, arrogant, proud, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, senseless, untrustworthy, unloving, and unmerciful. Although they know God's just sentence- that those who practice such things deserve to die- they not only do them, but even applaud others who practice them.
I think you just described Paxton and Patrick perfectly
LIB,MR BEARS
Does PETA come out on the side of gerbils or do they remain silent?
SIC EM 94
Waco1947 is gay…surprise surprise surprise. Raise your hand if you already knew that sick ******* was queer and void of all morals.
Daveisabovereproach
Daveisabovereproach
"Salvation is the total restoration of man from his fallen estate; and yet it is something more than that, for God's salvation fixes our standing more secure than it was before we fell. It finds us broken in pieces by the sin of our first parent, defiled, stained, accursed: it first heals our wounds, it removes our diseases, it takes away our curse, it puts our feet upon the rock Christ Jesus, and having thus done, at last it lifts our heads far above all principalities. and powers, to be crowned for ever with Jesus Christ, the King of heaven. Some people, when they use the word "salvation," understand nothing more by it than deliverance from hell and admittance into heaven. Now, that is not salvation: those two things are the effectsof salvation. We are redeemed from hell because we are saved, and we enter heaven because we have been saved beforehand. Our everlasting state is the effect of salvation in this life. Salvation, it is true, includes all that, because salvation is the mother of it, and carrieth it within its bowels; but still it were wrong for us to imagine that that is all the meaning of the word. Salvation begins with us as wandering sheep; it follows us through all our mazy wanderings; it puts us on the shoulders of the shepherd; it carries us into the fold; it calls together the friends and the neighbors; it rejoices over us; it preserves us in that fold through life; and then at last it brings us to the green pastures of heaven, beside the still waters of bliss, where we lie down for ever, in the presence of the Chief Shepherd, never more to be disturbed."

-CH Spurgeon
GrowlTowel
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Daveisabovereproach said:

I think you just described Paxton and Patrick perfectly

Wrong thread.
Fre3dombear
Proverbs has a lot to say about pride
KaiBear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

So very sweet of you to share and celebrate your queerness. It takes a pretty big person to come out of the closet (especially someone claiming to be a preacher.)

Off subject ….does anyone know if our longtime legitimate preacher is ok ?

Used to post here often; then stopped.

A real gentleman.

Believe his wife passed away a couple of years ago after a long illness.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

A real gentleman.

Are you talking about Pale Rider? I have wondered about him as well. What a fine human being. I kinda lost touch with him after he lost his wife. He was living in California. Maybe someone here can update us.

-- Barack Obama
KaiBear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

A real gentleman.

Are you talking about Pale Rider? I have wondered about him as well. What a fine human being. I kinda lost touch with him after he lost his wife. He was living in California. Maybe someone here can update us.

Sorry

Yes, I was referring to Pale Rider.

He remains one of my favorite posters.

Very kind man.

A true representative of what a minister should be.

Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

(I post to poke to stick in the eyes ring wingers who are science and scripture deniers)

Straights are welcome to their own pride month if they wish but it seems odd that have never the same of being gay or demeaning comments, or the discriminatory hiring practices or the denial of civil liberties or the denial of marrying in the LGBTQ community. Dear straights, when you are shamed for being straight let me know.

[url=https://www.quora.com/profile/Ryan-Burnette][/url]Read Ryan Burnette for more details.

Related
Why does something like "gay pride" exist?

Gay pride exists because for decades, gay people were shamed for their involuntary gayness. They didn't choose to be gay, you're exactly right on that, but society for years told them that they had to choose to be straight. Otherwise, they were ostracized, discriminated against, beaten, imprisoned, or killed for being born gay.

Gay pride doesn't exist because gay people are proud of being gay, in the sense that it is an accomplishment. Gay pride exists because pride is the opposite of shame; gay pride is the feeling of being free to be yourself, instead of marrying someone you could never love in a romantic or sexual sense, and trying to pretend that you aren't attracted to the opposite sex. And even then, worrying about whether or not you fit society's expectations for gender roles and "how straight people behave as opposed to gay people." Act too feminine, and you're outed as a gay man.

Gay pride today means taking back that strength of identity that was repressed for over a century before. Gay pride is liberating and forces those who are against LGBT rights to accept the fact (and it is a fact) that gays, lesbians, trans folk, non-binaries, and everything in between, they're out there, and they refuse to be trod on any longer.

The reason we still have gay pride festivals and parades? Because people still don't get that being gay isn't morally wrong. It's because of bigots and haters and fanatics who refuse to accept that there are people who don't conform to their worldview.

Why don't we have straight pride festivals? Because straight people have never had to deal with systemic discrimination or being afraid to come out as heterosexual to their friends and family. Gay people have. And sadly, some still do worry about those things.

Q? Why doesn't this ever happen at straight events?

Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
muddybrazos
4th and Inches
KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

A real gentleman.

Sorry

Very kind man.

i think he posts occasionally in the premium side..

Yep, last posted on 5/29/24
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Malbec
4th and Inches said:

KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

A real gentleman.

Sorry

Very kind man.

Yes, he posts there frequently.
KaiBear
Malbec said:

4th and Inches said:

KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

KaiBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

A real gentleman.

Sorry

Very kind man.

Yes, he posts there frequently.

I might have to pony up.

Preacher is always a great read.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

One's sexuality is not something to be flaunted or celebrated. It is personal. It is really nobody else's business. I don't care who or what you have sex with. You do you. Just don't think if you tell me I am going to give you a celebratory endorsement.

-- Barack Obama

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.