Gay Pride Month

17,666 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by historian
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

But what do you think divorcees, adulterers, etc. would do and how do you think they would behave if they were treated the same way?

They pay them disguised as "legal fees"
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

The opposite of shaming is pride. There is a lot of gays shaming.
As far this endless posting about stupid people and gay parades gone wrong, I could post similar stupidity videos by Trump supporters.
And a huge parade gone violent on January 6.
Pride is a sin.

Pride is self- devotion, self-justification, and self-glorying in contempt of God. You support that.

Repent now. Stop encouraging people that sex that doesn't lead to procreation isn't a sin. Stop encouraging sexual practices that lead to deadly diseases and major health problems.

You have got to elaborate. I have questions.

You said sex that doesn't lead to procreation is a sin. Did you then believe birth control is sinful?

Condoms Why not? Condoms prevent fertilization.

The Pull out method Those who practice pullout are "Parents"

Doc, you have a strong anti-abortion position. I would suggest that position would mean that every time a man withholds sex from his partner it is anti-abortion stance because if you have sex then it might result in a fertilized egg. This idea is a consequence of your thinking on abortion.

Sex isn't just for reproduction, God gave it to us as a gift in our marriage, So true. Within marriage it is an act of intimacy and joy.

Waco1947
sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

Practice empathy: Try to see things from others' perspectives, even if you don't agree with them. Ask yourself how you would feel if you were in their shoes and try to understand their motivations and feelings.Psychology Today
I agree. We Christians have for too long treated homosexuality as some kind of super sin, while looking the other way, or even endorsing, as our friends, family, and fellow church members have affairs, divorce, or live together/have sex before marriage - let alone all the nonsexual sins we accept, such as greed, anger, etc.

If you truly believe the Bible, it's all the same. In all of these cases we should hate the sin but truly love the sinner.

And, I know, the common rebuttal is that only gays flaunt it, try to change laws, force others to accept it, etc.

But what do you think divorcees, adulterers, etc. would do and how do you think they would behave if they were treated the same way?
I agree with all of your stance except for . "We, Christians . . .treated homosexuality as some kind of super sin"
In a separate post I will Exegete Romans 1 and explain how homosexuality is not a sin.
sombear
Waco1947 said:

sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

Practice empathy: Try to see things from others' perspectives, even if you don't agree with them. Ask yourself how you would feel if you were in their shoes and try to understand their motivations and feelings.Psychology Today
I agree. We Christians have for too long treated homosexuality as some kind of super sin, while looking the other way, or even endorsing, as our friends, family, and fellow church members have affairs, divorce, or live together/have sex before marriage - let alone all the nonsexual sins we accept, such as greed, anger, etc.

If you truly believe the Bible, it's all the same. In all of these cases we should hate the sin but truly love the sinner.

And, I know, the common rebuttal is that only gays flaunt it, try to change laws, force others to accept it, etc.

I agree with all of your stance except for . "We, Christians . . .treated homosexuality as some kind of super sin"
In a separate post I will Exegete Romans 1 and explain how homosexuality is not a sin.

A different debate of course. FWIW, I did my best to study the issue with an open mind years ago and came away believing there is no way to avoid the conclusion that acting on homosexual urges is a sin.
ron.reagan
this thread is the gayest thing I've seen in a while
KaiBear
J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Celebrate the diversity in our human sexuality.

One's sexuality is not something to be flaunted or celebrated. It is personal. It is really nobody else's business. I don't care who or what you have sex with. You do you. Just don't think if you tell me I am going to give you a celebratory endorsement.
Right there with you on this issue. I'm just waiting for the day when we celebrate my "Flaming Heterosexualness"!

Agreed

Don't care what gays do.

Equal rights yes.

Special privileges no

Forest Bueller_bf
Waco1947 said:

I agree here.

We just disagree about the aspect of whether or not this is a sin.

We all have sin in our lives, no reason to single out this one sin,
that is for sure.

Some pastors entire schtick revolves around the sins of greed and self indulgence,
these guys are the worst of the worst and separate poor people from their $$ while living
large.

Forest Bueller_bf
J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

One's sexuality is not something to be flaunted or celebrated. It is personal. It is really nobody else's business. I don't care who or what you have sex with. You do you. Just don't think if you tell me I am going to give you a celebratory endorsement.
Right there with you on this issue. I'm just waiting for the day when we celebrate my "Flaming Heterosexualness"!

This is the best I could find.
Space Cutter
If you want to be gay then go be gay, but stop demanding that everyone else accept your lifestyle. I don't go around demanding special privileges because I'm heterosexual. I personally live my life by God's word and chose to not defy God daily. So I believe lost people will act lost, live lost, and be without God but I'm not their judge so I let God judge. He'll judge me as well as them for their choices in life.

But please stop demanding I accept your lifestyle choices.
Osodecentx
an Idaho bar is celebrating "Heterosexual Awesomeness" this June.

On the Old State Saloon Facebook page, the organizers' message read: "Come join us all month to celebrate heterosexuals, for without them, none of us would be here!"

The discounts include "Hetero Male Monday" a free draft beer to "any heterosexual male dressed like a heterosexual male."

On Wednesdays, it's "Duo Deal," where each heterosexual couple will get a 15 percent deduction on their check.

On Thursdays, straight women can enjoy a happy hour on drinks in an offer known as "Her Hetero Happy Hour."

After some commentators got upset, the Old State Saloon explained:

1) We love our LGBTQ+ patrons! 2) We will not be changing our mind and give into the group of those who are responding with vitriol. 3) ALL are welcome to come celebrate heterosexuality with us in June!

One poster wrote: "If you 'love' your LGBTQ+ patrons, prove it. Have a night for them too."

But the bar responded:

We love our Black patrons too. We love our White patrons. We love our patrons who work for USPS. But we aren't doing special nights for those people. Nor are we doing special nights for LGBTQ+.

We are choosing to celebrate heterosexuals. We should be able to do that without so many people being so nasty to us, lying about us, canceling us, attacking our business, and/or trying to get us to make something about themselves.

If you want us to change who we are celebrating, get over it. It's not happening. Hooray for heterosexuals!
Harrison Bergeron
Still weird to see a Christian celebrating THE Cardinal Sin. Amazing how much the Church has traded the Gospel for the Culture.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

Seeing things from the perspective of the law breaker or the sinner doesnt help solve the problem.

1 Peter 5:10

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast."

Removing their sufferage may ease their temporary pain but prevents them from completing their path towards Him.

Galatians 1:10

"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Colossians 3:2 says, "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

Romans 12:2
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

"Jesus turned and said to Peter, 'Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns'" (Matthew 16:23).

“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
LIB,MR BEARS
ron.reagan said:

it's only June 4th. Stay tuned.
Jack Bauer
LIB,MR BEARS said:

ron.reagan said:

it's only June 4th. Stay tuned.
sombear
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Seeing things from the perspective of the law breaker or the sinner doesnt help solve the problem.

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast."

Removing their sufferage may ease their temporary pain but prevents them from completing their path towards Him.

"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Colossians 3:2 says, "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

"Jesus turned and said to Peter, 'Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns'" (Matthew 16:23).

Really . . . empathy, compassion, and love are not Biblical? Do you apply your principles to all sinners and sins?
KaiBear
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Excellent post.

Was kind of you to take the time to provide such detailed sources.

Unfortunately people often reject such facts if they don't coincide with their preconceived notions.

Mothra
sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

I think the whole "super sin" thing can be attributed to two things:

1) The "ick" factor; and
2) An active, world-wide campaign to normalize and excuse sinful behavior and indoctrinate our children regarding same.

I think the former played a bigger role prior to the last couple of decades in people's mindset. But today, I think the latter is the much bigger factor regarding the attention that sin gets.

You don't see any campaigns devoted to normalizing being greedy, or saying "greed is good." You don't see people attempting to say cheating on your spouse is a good thing. We don't see any tweets from the White House encouraging such sinful behaviors among our children, as we saw yesterday with the White House tweet to "trans children." That is because all of these things are generally seen as bad or harmful to humanity.

Today, the same cannot be said of LGBTQ+. And I think that is why it may be exacerbated by the church - or at least those churches who correctly hold it to be sinful.
4th and Inches
sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Really . . . empathy, compassion, and love are not Biblical? Do you apply your principles to all sinners and sins?
of course they are biblical but applying my own self righteousness would be wrong in every instance, my help should be based on the application of the righteousness of God.

If a homosexual/trans/whomever is hungry and needs my help, then I help. If they need a job i can provide, I help. I have a couple that work for me. Being of Christ doesnt mean I get to add my own ideals and ignore His when I want to..

“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

There is no cogent, logical or intellectually honest argument that homosexuality is not sinful behavior. Sorry.
Osodecentx
sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

I think we should distinguish between same sex attraction and promiscuous homosexual sex.
I know there are people who struggle with same sex attraction and remain celibate. They deserve our empathy, compassion and love.
sombear
Mothra said:

sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

1) The "ick" factor; and
2) An active, world-wide campaign to normalize and excuse sinful behavior and indoctrinate our children regarding same.

I think the former played a bigger role prior to the last couple of decades in people's mindset. But today, I think the latter is the much bigger factor regarding the attention that sin gets.

You don't see any campaigns devoted to normalizing being greedy, or saying "greed is good." You don't see people attempting to say cheating on your spouse is a good thing. We don't see any tweets from the White House encouraging such sinful behaviors among our children, as we saw yesterday with the White House tweet to "trans children." That is because all of these things are generally seen as bad or harmful to humanity.

Today, the same cannot be said of LGBTQ+. And I think that is why it may be exacerbated by the church - or at least those churches who correctly hold it to be sinful.

Point 2 I agree with as I already said. My question (don't know the answer for sure) is whether it would have turned out this way had we treated them as we do other sinners (all of us). I submit that the reason there is no counter-movement for other sins is we really don't treat them as sins or treat the sinners as sinners as we always have homosexuals. Throughout world history, groups that have been discriminated against have pushed or fought back. One can certainly argue that gays would have done the same things had we adopted a true love the sinner hate the sin approach. We'll never know.

Be honest, do we look at an adult man who sleeps with his girlfriend or even fiance with the same disdain we do homosexuals?

How about the adult whose entire life is about work and money?

I support the Colorado baker 100%. But has he refused to design a cake for two divorcees remarrying? How about couples living together?
ABC BEAR
Waco1947 said:

Light in the loafers.
Waco1947
ABC BEAR said:

Waco1947 said:

Light in the loafers.
Homophobic
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Waco1947 said:

Light in the loafers.
Homophobic
seems overly judgemental for an obvious attempt at humor..

–Horace

Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Waco1947 said:

Light in the loafers.
Homophobic
seems overly judgmental for an obvious attempt at humor..
Slurs masquerading as "humor" are still demeaning
muddybrazos
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Waco1947 said:

Light in the loafers.
Homophobic
Lighten up, Francis.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Waco1947 said:

Light in the loafers.
Homophobic
just because you are offended, doesnt make you right..

–Horace

Mothra
sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

1) The "ick" factor; and

Point 2 I agree with as I already said. My question (don't know the answer for sure) is whether it would have turned out this way had we treated them as we do other sinners (all of us). I submit that the reason there is no counter-movement for other sins is we really don't treat them as sins or treat the sinners as sinners as we always have homosexuals. Throughout world history, groups that have been discriminated against have pushed or fought back. One can certainly argue that gays would have done the same things had we adopted a true love the sinner hate the sin approach. We'll never know.

Be honest, do we look at an adult man who sleeps with his girlfriend or even fiance with the same disdain we do homosexuals?

I support the Colorado baker 100%. But has he refused to design a cake for two divorcees remarrying? How about couples living together?
I think we look at deviant sexual proclivities differently, and that's just human nature. If a man has sex with an underaged teen and a man has sex with an adult mistress, both are sin, no? But we look at one as much, much worse than the other (and not merely because it's criminal). I think the same as true with adultery vs. homosexuality. Both fall short of God's glory, but one simply seems more deviant and against nature.

If we had treated the sin as just another sin (even though I don't think sins of the flesh are just another sin), would we have seen the push we are seeing now to normalize the behavior? Perhaps. Perhaps not. We will never know. But I tend to think that humanity has always attempted to rationalize sinful behavior, and we would have seen it regardless.
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Waco1947 said:

Light in the loafers.
Homophobic
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Waco1947 said:

Light in the loafers.
Homophobic
Homophobic is not a synonym for funny.

Sin but not synonym.
J.R.
Forest Bueller_bf said:

J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

This is the best I could find.
and you done gooooood!
LIB,MR BEARS
Modern times
Modern solutions

J.R.
Osodecentx said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

I think we should distinguish between same sex attraction and promiscuous homosexual sex.
I know there are people who struggle with same sex attraction and remain celibate. They deserve our empathy, compassion and love.
I know the same. Gotta be hard. Much respect.
ABC BEAR
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Waco1947 said:

Light in the loafers.
Homophobic
Chortle, Chortle
J.R.
Mothra said:

sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Waco1947 said:

1) The "ick" factor; and

I think we look at deviant sexual proclivities differently, and that's just human nature. If a man has sex with an underaged teen and a man has sex with an adult mistress, both are sin, no? But we look at one as much, much worse than the other (and not merely because it's criminal). I think the same as true with adultery vs. homosexuality. Both fall short of God's glory, but one simply seems more deviant and against nature.

If we had treated the sin as just another sin (even though I don't think sins of the flesh are just another sin), would we have seen the push we are seeing now to normalize the behavior? Perhaps. Perhaps not. We will never know. But I tend to think that humanity has always attempted to rationalize sinful behavior, and we would have seen it regardless.
good take

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.