Can we get new candidates?

8,419 Views | 216 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Wangchung
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ron.reagan
Jack Bauer said:

According to that tweet it doesn't seem too late at all to replace him.
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Translated:

If you don't vote for the feeble one, I don't get to control the strings anymore.
nein51
LIB,MR BEARS said:

nein51 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

nein51 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

nein51 said:

Doc Holliday said:

nein51 said:

Doc Holliday said:

nein51 said:

How in the world is this what we are left with?
Because politicians have been representing their donors, have been engaged in insider trading and getting financial kickbacks to the detriment of taxpayers for 60+ years

Sure but that's not the answer. The answer is that the American public is a disgrace on both sides.
Oh but it is.

The American public is a product of their inability to govern. Politicians aren't serious about education, critical thinking or morals. There are no real standards thus a public not striving for standards.

Politicians are a reflection of the people they govern not the other way around.

If we had a press that did it's job, that would be completely true. Now however, it's a half-truth

Completely irrelevant. No one reads anything that doesn't confirm their bias anyway.

People are largely dumb as hell, woefully uneducated and completely out of touch with reality. That's not the fault of the media.
please exsplain

What is there to explain?
There is right wing media and left wing media and quite literally nothing stopping people from consuming both and making informed decisions. The internet democratized information. If you want to learn about a subject you can.

Want to know about Israel-Palestine? Check fox, CNN, Daily Wire, Al-Jazeera and Harretz. At that point you should have a TON of information from just about every possible angle.

People don't do that. Instead, they simply check with whatever source confirms their bias. Technology didn't make us smarter, rather, it made us stupid and lazy.

Go read the comments sections on FB or Instagram. The vast majority of people cannot form a complete sentence. Their vote counts just as much as yours.

The "press" reports whatever they want which exactly how it has been since Hearst helped lead us into the Spanish-American war. The difference is that people have far greater access to information now than they did then.
"people are largely dumb as hell" I even misspelled explain for you.

I put it on a tee for you and you walked right past

My bad. I was between sets. Blood flow to the chest muscles and not the brain. Lol
whiterock
ron.reagan said:

Jack Bauer said:

Sorta. Given that Trump is ahead outside the margins of polling error in NC, AZ and GA, Biden has to run the table in WI, MI, and PA. And that means WI alone probably makes a replacement impossible.

Dems can file lawsuits........but it'd be really, really hard for them to pull it off. GOP will be litigating to stop them. etc....
ron.reagan
whiterock said:

ron.reagan said:

Jack Bauer said:

Sorta. Given that Trump is ahead outside the margins of polling error in NC, AZ and GA, Biden has to run the table in WI, MI, and PA. And that means WI alone probably makes a replacement impossible.

Dems can file lawsuits........but it'd be really, really hard for them to pull it off. GOP will be litigating to stop them. etc....
"Wisconsin does not allow withdrawal from the ballot for any reason besides death."

Why do they have to remove him? Just add someone else. I don't know if that is too late but that was what I was getting at.
Oldbear83
Heard this today, if it's true it's going to be a problem for the Democrats.

I was told the money contributed to Biden's campaign must - by law - be used either by Joe Biden or Kamala Harris. It cannot be transferred to a different Democrat candidate for President.

Apparently, part of the problem for the Democrats is that if they want to nominate someone else, that candidate has to start from zero in campaign funds as of now.

Oof.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
boognish_bear
whiterock
ron.reagan said:

whiterock said:

ron.reagan said:

Jack Bauer said:

"Wisconsin does not allow withdrawal from the ballot for any reason besides death."

Why do they have to remove him? Just add someone else. I don't know if that is too late but that was what I was getting at.
I haven't looked at the law, but I think it's safe to presume that the prohibition against removal of a candidate also applies to addition of a candidate. A deadline for the ballot is usually a deadline for any changes to a ballot. But even if universality is not the case, leaving Biden's name is on the ballot would be even more fatal to Democrat efforts to win the state. He likely get six-digits of votes from people who were not aware of developments and/or casting protest votes, etc.....votes that would otherwise go to the "new" Dem candidate. Would totally torpedo them, possibly by a larger number than what's at risk with crossover voters by just leaving Biden on the ballot.

Pretty much, every time I run the permutations, leaving Biden on the ballot appears to be the least-risky, most certain, most manageable option. Ergo.......
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Oldbear83 said:

I was told the money contributed to Biden's campaign must - by law - be used either by Joe Biden or Kamala Harris. It cannot be transferred to a different Democrat candidate for President.

Apparently, part of the problem for the Democrats is that if they want to nominate someone else, that candidate has to start from zero in campaign funds as of now.

Oof.
Not sure if this is true or not. ActBlue, the fundraising arm of the Democratic Party, I believe puts contributions into one big pot. For example, if one donated to Tulsi Gabbard's campaign in 2020, that money ultimately ended up bankrolling Joe Biden. Very sleazy and misleading to say the least.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
whiterock
No post debate movement. Undecideds holding out….
whiterock
Example of the hill Dems would have to climb to replace Sleepy Joe

Realitybites
ron.reagan said:

You all are having this discussion with the assumption that laws matter to these people. The Democrats are lawless. Biden missed the ballot deadline in Ohio...and yet he will be on the ballot. The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans look at the process first and see what goal the process will allow while Democrats look at their desired goals and manipulate the process in whatever way is needed to achieve that goal.

Wisconsin will change the law, or executive order the law, and if all else fails, the CIA has that heart attack gun.

...and if the numbers are still at 2% post debate, that's will within the margin of junk mail ballots in the handful of blue counties needed to swing the election to Biden.
ron.reagan
Realitybites said:

ron.reagan said:

You all are having this discussion with the assumption that laws matter to these people. The Democrats are lawless. Biden missed the ballot deadline in Ohio...and yet he will be on the ballot. The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans look at the process first and see what goal the process will allow while Democrats look at their desired goals and manipulate the process in whatever way is needed to achieve that goal.

Wisconsin will change the law, or executive order the law, and if all else fails, the CIA has that heart attack gun.

...and if the numbers are still at 2% post debate, that's will within the margin of junk mail ballots in the handful of blue counties needed to swing the election to Biden.
What better face to represent the law than Trump
ron.reagan
whiterock said:

ron.reagan said:

whiterock said:

ron.reagan said:

Jack Bauer said:

I haven't looked at the law, but I think it's safe to presume that the prohibition against removal of a candidate also applies to addition of a candidate. A deadline for the ballot is usually a deadline for any changes to a ballot. But even if universality is not the case, leaving Biden's name is on the ballot would be even more fatal to Democrat efforts to win the state. He likely get six-digits of votes from people who were not aware of developments and/or casting protest votes, etc.....votes that would otherwise go to the "new" Dem candidate. Would totally torpedo them, possibly by a larger number than what's at risk with crossover voters by just leaving Biden on the ballot.

Pretty much, every time I run the permutations, leaving Biden on the ballot appears to be the least-risky, most certain, most manageable option. Ergo.......
According to the federal presidential checklist it seems like they'd just need 4K signatures before August 6th

"https://elections.wi.gov/candidates/federal-candidates#230548828-3602672793"

Circulate and obtain sufficient nomination paper signatures on form EL-167,
and submit them to the Wisconsin Elections Commission (WEC) no later than
5:00 p.m., on Tuesday, August 6, 2024. @font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536859905 -1073711037 9 0 511 0;}@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Courier; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}
Oldbear83
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Oof.
Not sure if this is true or not. ActBlue, the fundraising arm of the Democratic Party, I believe puts contributions into one big pot. For example, if one donated to Tulsi Gabbard's campaign in 2020, that money ultimately ended up bankrolling Joe Biden. Very sleazy and misleading to say the least.

FEC rule is what I was told, depends on where the $$ is right now. If it's in the PAC it goes wherever they want, but if it was declared in FEC filings for Biden/Harris then that's something very different.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ron.reagan said:

Realitybites said:

ron.reagan said:

What better face to represent the law than Trump
Amen Ronnie! Glad to see you coming around!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
BusyTarpDuster2017
I did see some leadership qualities in Biden there on that debate stage, though.

Jill Biden, that is. In leading Joe away from the podium, leading him off the stage, leading him down the steps.....
Aliceinbubbleland
To be fair, yes, it was awkward for President Biden but he has impaired ability to navigate steps. I/m not sure if there is a correlation between the brain and bad hip.
Vote for Manchin please
Wangchung
boognish_bear said:

A significant portion of those younger voters were in their parents living rooms watching with those old, old voters.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Aliceinbubbleland
Most likely they were on TikTok like my great grandkids.
Vote for Manchin please
4th and Inches
Wangchung said:

boognish_bear said:

A significant portion of those younger voters were in their parents living rooms watching with those old, old voters.
lol, no they werent
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Wangchung
4th and Inches said:

Wangchung said:

boognish_bear said:

lol, no they werent
lol, is your Google broken?
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
4th and Inches
Wangchung said:

4th and Inches said:

Wangchung said:

boognish_bear said:

lol, no they werent
read it wrong..

I read it as more were watching with the old people but not counted. My bad
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
boognish_bear
Wangchung
4th and Inches said:

Wangchung said:

4th and Inches said:

Wangchung said:

boognish_bear said:

lol, no they werent
read it wrong..

I read it as more were watching with the old people but not counted. My bad
nein51
Who in their right mind watched that and it improved their thoughts on Biden? How is that even possible.

I'm a basically never Trump kind of guy but come on man, how in the love do you pick up approval after that?

Jesus people are stupid. We are getting what we deserve.
Whiskey Pete
boognish_bear said:

I'm voting for Trump, but damn does he wear me out.
Whiskey Pete
nein51 said:

Who in their right mind watched that and it improved their thoughts on Biden? How is that even possible.

I'm a basically never Trump kind of guy but come on man, how in the love do you pick up approval after that?

Maybe some he got some sympathy from a few folks.
Bexar Pitts
nein51 said:

Nein, I still have a hard time believing what I saw on the "debate" stage..For an incumbent President of the United States to show himself in such manner is mind boggling..I believe this performance was about far more than debate skills..For many, I think all Biden had to do was show himself to be of sound mind and able to handle the difficult situational circumstances of the Office. In my opinion, he didn't get there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.