Baylor Linebacker Heads to Congress

19,776 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Doc Holliday
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Any chance of this getting moved to the R&P board as the initial intent of the post has been lost in the wasteland that is American political discourse?
Why was it posted here in the first place?

To congratulate a former Baylor athlete for his accomplishments after football. It's really pretty simple.
Riiiiiight. His politics didn't have ANYTHING to do with it.

You've been such a supporter of athletes in the past, can you show me the posts about other athletes?

I'm sure you'll post the photo op of Colin and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, too.

I'm sure he just forgot to start threads on the other Baylor Alums that won elections Tuesday or have in the recent past.
What Baylor football players other than Allred have won elections, making them worthy of mention on the FOOTBALL board? You people are delusional.

The guy he beat was the son of a Baylor grad who once served as the head of the FBI.

So much for the educated electorate
Which one played football for Baylor?
RegentCoverup
Bears2Canes said:

Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

He's a good speaker. Not an intelligent guy though.

Baylor Grad. Cal law school. Not intelligent? He clearly has the intellect to learn and adapt and has proven himself to be succcesful on the field and in the classroom.

It's always the same. Those credentials on guys you like is intelligence.

What I giggle at is guys missing that life history and life success saying the guy with it isn't "intelligent".

This is a Baylor Bear and Baylor success story. I celebrate him.
Well, he's highly misinformed on a lot of subjects and unfortunately his degrees didn't supply him with the ability to understand several complex problems.

For instance, he's concerned about the gender pay gap.
The gender pay gap is myth. It doesn't account for behavior differences between the sexes. This is where an intelligent and informed person would start to understand the discrepancy and not react by using government to intervene which creates more problems.

Same with his stance on raising the minimum wage. An intelligent person understands that the market isn't static and the market will react. You raise the MW to $15 an hour..well you just killed a couple million small business jobs, companies will raise their prices to offset and your buying power would virtually be the same.

It takes someone with keen insight to understand these issues. It's very naive to believe government is the solution.

Intelligent was the wrong word. He's extremely misinformed. Very different from the majority of his Baylor peers.
Doc thinks that he has the requisite "keen insight" to understand political issues after he so eloquently recycled a played-out Ben Shapiro argument that he likely stole from a Facebook comment thread. Gimmeabreak.

Congrats to Colin - this is an awesome achievement by a fellow bear and a majority of us are proud of him despite differences in political beliefs.

If you can put your respect for your country second to cheering for a football team, I guess you're a better man than I.
Doc Holliday
Bears2Canes said:

Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

He's a good speaker. Not an intelligent guy though.

Baylor Grad. Cal law school. Not intelligent? He clearly has the intellect to learn and adapt and has proven himself to be succcesful on the field and in the classroom.

It's always the same. Those credentials on guys you like is intelligence.

What I giggle at is guys missing that life history and life success saying the guy with it isn't "intelligent".

This is a Baylor Bear and Baylor success story. I celebrate him.
Well, he's highly misinformed on a lot of subjects and unfortunately his degrees didn't supply him with the ability to understand several complex problems.

For instance, he's concerned about the gender pay gap.
The gender pay gap is myth. It doesn't account for behavior differences between the sexes. This is where an intelligent and informed person would start to understand the discrepancy and not react by using government to intervene which creates more problems.

Same with his stance on raising the minimum wage. An intelligent person understands that the market isn't static and the market will react. You raise the MW to $15 an hour..well you just killed a couple million small business jobs, companies will raise their prices to offset and your buying power would virtually be the same.

It takes someone with keen insight to understand these issues. It's very naive to believe government is the solution.

Intelligent was the wrong word. He's extremely misinformed. Very different from the majority of his Baylor peers.
Doc thinks that he has the requisite "keen insight" to understand political issues after he so eloquently recycled a played-out Ben Shapiro argument that he likely stole from a Facebook comment thread. Gimmeabreak.

Congrats to Colin - this is an awesome achievement by a fellow bear and a majority of us are proud of him despite differences in political beliefs.
Oh I see, you're one of those smug lefties who thinks they can counter arguments without facts.
Go ahead prove the gender pay gap and why raising the minimum wage will work.

And to quote Ben Shapiro since you seem to think I hijacked his thoughts...facts don't care about your feelings.
RegentCoverup
bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Any chance of this getting moved to the R&P board as the initial intent of the post has been lost in the wasteland that is American political discourse?

To congratulate a former Baylor athlete for his accomplishments after football. It's really pretty simple.

You've been such a supporter of athletes in the past, can you show me the posts about other athletes?

I'm sure he just forgot to start threads on the other Baylor Alums that won elections Tuesday or have in the recent past.
What Baylor football players other than Allred have won elections, making them worthy of mention on the FOOTBALL board? You people are delusional.

The guy he beat was the son of a Baylor grad who once served as the head of the FBI.

So what you're saying is if Baylor suited up Saddam Hussein and Obama Bin Laden, you'd support them over anyone else.

Nice values.
RegentCoverup
We're FIVE pages in.

Not one person has dared to so much as try to refute Colin's connection to Nancy Pelosi.

YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

bunation said:

bularry said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Fascist. Go tell the veterans in this country how you took money from Nancy Pelosi.
At least when you derailed the thread, you turned the nonsense up to 11. Congrats, a**hat.
Some day, your balls will drop. But probably not in my lifetime.

So why are so many generals and military leaders Dems?

Simple.

Same reason for most Dems:

Lack of moral compass.
And.
Disregard for God's Word and His Laws.

And, to the OP: Yes. Always glad to see others succeed, especially Bears! I pray he makes Godly choices & decisions for his constituents & our country..................
which laws exactly do we Dems disregard?
Which of the Beatitides do you observe as Rs?

Ummm let's see...you infanticide supporters seem to disregard "Thou shall not kill."
Doc Holliday
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

We're FIVE pages in.

Not one person has dared to so much as try to refute Colin's connection to Nancy Pelosi.

They don't understand politics or how DC actually works.
To them it goes about as far as what they see on television.

Politics is a dirty business and quite frankly no one on either side should be looked up to or congratulated..especially just for winning an election.

It's impossible to make it in politics without being dirty and Colin has already dipped his hands into the machine.

They see a different world than we do, and it's not one grounded in reality.

If half these fools are really baptists or Christians they would never support someone who advocates and will direct funds to a group who murders babies in the womb. But they will.
bear2be2
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

So what you're saying is if Baylor suited up Saddam Hussein and Obama Bin Laden, you'd support them over anyone else.

Nice values.
I'm saying that this thread exists because it involves a Baylor football player, you nutjob.

And comparing Allred to Hussein and Bin Laden is beyond freaking insane. You need help.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.
I'm saying that this thread exists because it involves a Baylor football player, you nutjob.

And comparing Allred to Hussein and Bin Laden is beyond freaking insane. You need help.
He didn't compare Allred to Hussien. You just can't comprehend what you read.

You're just mad because someone is criticizing a former Baylor football player that is on your political side because you're insecure about your politics and deeply want to control what others believe. Calling for respect in the name of association is childish.
xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

We're FIVE pages in.

Nancy is an easy target. No one know in America knows him.
Sessions had been in Congress for decades. He wore on his district.
You keep this up and you will get drafted by the John Birch JV in the 1st round of the poly sci class circle jerk.
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

You're just mad because someone is criticizing a former Baylor football player that is on your political side because you're insecure about your politics and deeply want to control what others believe. Calling for respect in the name of association is childish.
I can read and comprehend just fine. He's indirectly comparing support of Colin Allred to that of Hussein and Bin Laden. And earlier in this thread, he basically accused Allred of endangering our military members.

The dude's nuttier than a fruitcake. That you agree with him is telling.

And as to your last paragraph, I don't have a political side. I'm not a brainwashed partisan hack like yourself. There are parts of Allred's platform I agree with and others I don't agree with. But I know for a fact he's a good and intelligent man and his heart's in the right place, which is more than you can say for 99 percent of politicians on either side of the aisle right now. That's more important to me than party ideologies and platforms that are both deeply flawed at the present.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

I can read and comprehend just fine. He's indirectly comparing support of Colin Allred to that of Hussein and Bin Laden. And earlier in this thread, he basically accused Allred of endangering our military members.

No. He's objecting that you're giving the benefit of the doubt to Allred simply because he was a Baylor Bear.

So if someone like Bin Laden also suited up for Baylor...would you give him the benefit of the doubt? No you wouldn't.

So you can't just demand EVERYONE jump aboard the congratulation train because he played Baylor football.
People have different political opinions. Some of us maybe don't like Allred supporting the baby murdering political party, let alone him soon directing and advocating more funds for it.

You're outraged because you hold the belief that he deserves respect. No one deserves respect. People earn it. And some of the things Allred advocates for is disrespectful to many people's political beliefs: that is the nature of politics and it works both ways.

So don't get your panties in a wad.
xiledinok
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

And as to your last paragraph, I don't have a political side. I'm not a brainwashed partisan hack like yourself. There are parts of Allred's platform I agree with and others I don't agree with. But I know for a fact he's a good and intelligent man and his heart's in the right place, which is more than you can say for 99 percent of politicians on either side of the aisle right now. That's more important to me than party ideologies and platforms that are both deeply flawed at the present.
Actually, he's dangerously bright.
This the most upset I have ever seen him on this board.
Bear8084
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

I admire you are trying to bring some rational thought to the thread, but all it is is a beacon for more cesspool responses from R&P and pollutes the football board even more with crazy viewpoints and cringy responses. Best just let the thread be because those on here rather shovel their filth on a Bear rather than just congratulate him and move on which is what the main OP was really about.
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

No. He's objecting that you're giving the benefit of the doubt to Allred simply because he was a Baylor Bear.

So if someone like Bin Laden also suited up for Baylor...would you give him the benefit of the doubt? No you wouldn't.

So you can't just demand EVERYONE jump aboard the congratulation train because he played Baylor football.
People have different political opinions. Some of us maybe don't like Allred supporting the baby murdering political party, let alone him soon directing and advocating more funds for it.

You're outraged because others don't think like you.
I'm not giving Allred the benefit of the doubt because he's a Baylor Bear. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's earned it with his conduct and character.

But you might want to go back and read the posts you're referring to here. They were in response to some wacky conspiracy theory that Allred was mentioned here and other conservatives weren't because of bearish's political leanings. I was pointing out that Allred was mentioned here on a BAYLOR FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD because he played FOOTBALL for BAYLOR. That alone doesn't make him worthy of anything, but the way he presented himself then and continued to after graduation does, which is why most here are happy to congratulate him and move on.

And I'm not outraged in the least. You don't know how or what I think, and I don't particularly care how or what you do. But when you come on a thread intended to recognize a good guy for a significant achievement and spout your party line political hackery, you're going to get called on it. There are plenty of platforms for you to spew your bull**** . This doesn't have to be one of them.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

I'm not giving Allred the benefit of the doubt because he's a Baylor Bear. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's earned it with his conduct and character.

But you might want to go back and read the posts you're referring to here. They were in response to some wacky conspiracy theory that Allred was mentioned here and other conservative weren't because of bearish's political leanings. I was pointing out that Allred was mentioned here on a BAYLOR FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD because he played FOOTBALL for BAYLOR. That alone doesn't make him worthy of anything, but the way he presented himself then and continued to after graduation does, which is why most here are happy to congratulate him and move on.

And I'm not outraged in the least. You don't know how or what I think, and I don't particularly care how or what you do. But when you come on a thread intended to recognize a good guy for a significant achievement and spout your party line political hackery, you're going to get called on it. There are plenty of platforms for you to spew your bull***** This doesn't have to be one of them.
He didn't earn my respect. Apparently a lot of others don't respect the choices he's made either with who he's associated with and what he advocates for.

I'm trying to get you to understand this.

When you choose to become a politician you are naturally disrespecting one set of people and respecting another set of people. So what I'm getting at is you can't expect EVERYONE to congratulate him and move on.

Some people are gonna call him out. And you shouldn't be shocked if they do.
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

But you might want to go back and read the posts you're referring to here. They were in response to some wacky conspiracy theory that Allred was mentioned here and other conservative weren't because of bearish's political leanings. I was pointing out that Allred was mentioned here on a BAYLOR FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD because he played FOOTBALL for BAYLOR. That alone doesn't make him worthy of anything, but the way he presented himself then and continued to after graduation does, which is why most here are happy to congratulate him and move on.

And I'm not outraged in the least. You don't know how or what I think, and I don't particularly care how or what you do. But when you come on a thread intended to recognize a good guy for a significant achievement and spout your party line political hackery, you're going to get called on it. There are plenty of platforms for you to spew your bull***** This doesn't have to be one of them.
He didn't earn my respect. Apparently a lot of others don't respect the choices he's made either with who he's associated with and what he advocates for.

When you choose to become a politician you are naturally disrespecting one set of people and respecting another set of people. So what I'm getting at is you can't expect EVERYONE to congratulate him and move on.

I'm not shocked. You need to stop assigning opinions and emotions to me. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

The truth is, it's depressing how unshocked I am that a simple thread about a former Bear has been hijacked by partisan bull**** .

Feel however you want about Allred and his political platform. I don't care. But there are probably several threads on the R&P board where you can share your opinion on that subject. Put them there. That's not what this thread is/was for. That you can't just scroll on past without spewing your nonsense says a lot more about you than anyone else.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

I'm not shocked. You need to stop assigning opinions and emotions to me. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

The truth is, it's depressing how unshocked I am that a simple thread about a former Bear has been hijacked by partisan bull**** .

Feel however you want about Allred and his political platform. I don't care. But there are probably several threads on the R&P board where you can share your opinion on that subject. Put them there. That's not what this thread is/was for. That you can't just scroll on past without spewing your nonsense says a lot more about you than anyone else.
It's an online forum...you don't get to control what this thread is/was for.

and buddy..you contributed to partisan bs when you started accusing me of being regurgitating Ben Shapiro and talking **** about me.
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

I don't get to control it, but I can have and share my opinion on the matter. And my opinion is that you -- and others like you -- make this board and earth in general a much less pleasant place to hang out.
robby44
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

No.
Neither one of those dudes are not remotely familiar with the inner workings of 4-3 or 4-2-5 defense and probably don't know the difference between man or zone coverage
They'd never see the field
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

I don't get to control it, but I can have and share my opinion on the matter. And my opinion is that you -- and others like you -- make this board and earth in general a much less pleasant place to hang out.
I never said you shouldn't have an opinion and I never replied to anyone else's opinion until they questioned mine.

You are disappointed in what you yourself caused.
Doc Holliday
Wanting everyone to congratulate the guy or move on if you don't have anything nice to say is not going to work in 2018 guys...especially on the internet.

Why you expect this to be the case is beyond me.
Why it bothers some of you is beyond me as well.

You do the same thing with criticism of CMR.

This is human nature. Expect it.

It's really not a big deal.
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

Wanting everyone to congratulate the guy or move on if you don't have anything nice to say is not going to work in 2018 guys...especially on the internet.

I sincerely hope that more evolved intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe because if humanity is God's masterwork, he's not half the creator he's been touted to be.

Congrats on destroying this thread and any positive that might have come of it. To quote the great Rooster Cogburn, "I bow out."
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

I sincerely hope that more evolved intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe because if humanity is God's masterwork, he's not half the creator he's been touted to be.

Congrats on destroying this thread and any positive that might have come of it. To quote the great Rooster Cogburn, "I bow out."
RegentCoverup
robby44 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

No.
Neither one of those dudes are not remotely familiar with the inner workings of 4-3 or 4-2-5 defense and probably don't know the difference between man or zone coverage
They'd never see the field
I laughed!!

Bin Laden never learned to follow his blockers! hahahah
RegentCoverup
FYI, Michael McFarland was an excellent choice for a regent. He has a combination of experience that no other regents can compete with,

a) working in the field of education
b) former Baylor athlete.

I think he was a great choice and hope they'll grow his participation over time.

Believe me, I WANT to like Colin. I'm generally thrilled to see Baylor folks succeed.
But I'm Joe Taxpayer and I think the military in this great nation is of utmost importance. We must maintain a world class force with high morale. Wars are won in peacetime. Now is the time to ask difficult questions about our level of readiness and develop the capabilities that strike fear in the heart of an enemy.

That can't be done when elected politicians chose to file lawsuits against people serving our country.
Colin's decision to accept campaign funds from these people while aligning his interests with theirs, I find morally disgusting. Unfortunately, Colin is now beholden to these people and his voting record will soon reflect that.

I encourage anyone reading to educate themselves about the activities of the people that will be telling Colin how to vote in his first term as a Congressman.

https://www.amazon.com/Enhanced-Interrogation-Motives-Islamic-Terrorists/dp/1101906847

Cyclone807
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

FYI, Michael McFarland was an excellent choice for a regent. He has a combination of experience that no other regents can compete with,

I think he was a great choice and hope they'll grow his participation over time.

Believe me, I WANT to like Colin. I'm generally thrilled to see Baylor folks succeed.
But I'm Joe Taxpayer and I think the military in this great nation is of utmost importance. We must maintain a world class force with high morale. Wars are won in peacetime. Now is the time to ask difficult questions about our level of readiness and develop the capabilities that strike fear in the heart of an enemy.

That can't be done when elected politicians chose to file lawsuits against people serving our country.
Colin's decision to accept campaign funds from these people while aligning his interests with theirs, I find morally disgusting. Unfortunately, Colin is now beholden to these people and his voting record will soon reflect that.

I encourage anyone reading to educate themselves about the activities of the people that will be telling Colin how to vote in his first term as a Congressman.

https://www.amazon.com/Enhanced-Interrogation-Motives-Islamic-Terrorists/dp/1101906847

This vet would like to explain a few things to you.

Unless you have severed, stop trying to talk for Vets. This is one vet that is tired of people using the military as a political prop. The current President's approval ratings in the active duty military is dropping like a rock and his disapproval ratings are climbing.

You claim that wars are won in peacetime. I would like to remind you that the US is currently engaged in a 17 year long war spanning over 20 countries with no end in sight.

Yet our current CIC wants to send thousands of active duty forces down to the border where all they will be is glorified uber drivers because federal law prohibits them from engaging in civil law enforcement activities. And he is sending them their to try and prevent people from doing the legal act under federal law and international treaty of requesting asylum. A complete wast of resources and valuable training time where these forces could spend training for their next deployment into a war zone or spending time with their families before they go back into a war zone. Both severely damage unit readiness.

Navy Seals were not ASKED to do anything. They were ordered to it. Anyone that has served knows that you can be court-martialed for following illegal orders. If they went beyond their orders and performed illegal acts they should be court-martialed.

The court case you keep referring too was brought by private individuals and not our government.

The enhanced interrogations you keep referring to were wrongly considered as legal based on some flawed opinions of some white house lawyers. One of those lawyers was just placed on the Supreme Court after he sword under oath that he would not be an impartial judge but seek to follow a political agenda of revenge. Laws were passed specifically to correct this wrongly written opinion and declaring many of the extreme measures used to be torture.

Under the uniform code of military justice, federal law, and international treaty, torture is illegal. Anyone doing it is a criminal and should be tried, convicted and spend the rest of their lives in jail.

Torture does not yield valuable actionable intelligence. From many experts in the CIA and other defense intelligence agencies have testified to this in front of congress. Using softer means will yield someone that will turn into a long term source of information. Torture hurts our national security. OBL was not located my information gained through torture but by other means.

Military readiness is important but just as important is our system of alliances and moral authority as a world leader that promotes human rights. Assassinations through drone strikes, and torture damages our standing and position of power.

As far as claims about there is no gender pay gap. Studies say otherwise. The argument offered hear to disprove it basically claims that women are inferior and do not deserve equal pay. This argument is proof sexism is still alive and well in this country.

Last, if you want to speak for veterans, then head down to your local recruiting office and join the military. After you have served a few years you may just begin to understand how wrong you are about so many things related to the military and national security. But like most people I have run into spouting your extreme version of BS, you will claim you have some medical condition that prevents you from joining.

I came here to talk football with some fans from a visiting team. Instead this stuff is in your football forum.

Congratulating an alum and former player for a major achievement is appropriate. I also would like to congratulate him.
Sailor Bear
Damnit, Mods. Will you shut this thing down already?
DocCrowl
Well said! And sic 'em Allred!
ColomboLQ
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

No you are absolutely not. That is 100% false. How could you ever try to have a conversation with anyone and expect it not to sour from the beginning if you are coming into it with this mentality?
BaylorOkie
ColomboLQ said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

bear2be2 said:

cowboycwr said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Bearish said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

coldhardtruth said:

Nice values.

No you are absolutely not. That is 100% false. How could you ever try to have a conversation with anyone and expect it not to sour from the beginning if you are coming into it with this mentality?
Consider who you're talking to. He's young and foolish. Everything in his life is viewed through a competitive political lense. People's worth as human beings hinges on their political leanings. You can't reason with that.

Some day life will slap him in the face and he'll realize how foolish he looks.
Waco1947
Cyclone807 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Unless you have severed, stop trying to talk for Vets. This is one vet that is tired of people using the military as a political prop. The current President's approval ratings in the active duty military is dropping like a rock and his disapproval ratings are climbing.

You claim that wars are won in peacetime. I would like to remind you that the US is currently engaged in a 17 year long war spanning over 20 countries with no end in sight.

Yet our current CIC wants to send thousands of active duty forces down to the border where all they will be is glorified uber drivers because federal law prohibits them from engaging in civil law enforcement activities. And he is sending them their to try and prevent people from doing the legal act under federal law and international treaty of requesting asylum. A complete wast of resources and valuable training time where these forces could spend training for their next deployment into a war zone or spending time with their families before they go back into a war zone. Both severely damage unit readiness.

Navy Seals were not ASKED to do anything. They were ordered to it. Anyone that has served knows that you can be court-martialed for following illegal orders. If they went beyond their orders and performed illegal acts they should be court-martialed.

The court case you keep referring too was brought by private individuals and not our government.

The enhanced interrogations you keep referring to were wrongly considered as legal based on some flawed opinions of some white house lawyers. One of those lawyers was just placed on the Supreme Court after he sword under oath that he would not be an impartial judge but seek to follow a political agenda of revenge. Laws were passed specifically to correct this wrongly written opinion and declaring many of the extreme measures used to be torture.

Under the uniform code of military justice, federal law, and international treaty, torture is illegal. Anyone doing it is a criminal and should be tried, convicted and spend the rest of their lives in jail.

Torture does not yield valuable actionable intelligence. From many experts in the CIA and other defense intelligence agencies have testified to this in front of congress. Using softer means will yield someone that will turn into a long term source of information. Torture hurts our national security. OBL was not located my information gained through torture but by other means.

Military readiness is important but just as important is our system of alliances and moral authority as a world leader that promotes human rights. Assassinations through drone strikes, and torture damages our standing and position of power.

As far as claims about there is no gender pay gap. Studies say otherwise. The argument offered hear to disprove it basically claims that women are inferior and do not deserve equal pay. This argument is proof sexism is still alive and well in this country.

Last, if you want to speak for veterans, then head down to your local recruiting office and join the military. After you have served a few years you may just begin to understand how wrong you are about so many things related to the military and national security. But like most people I have run into spouting your extreme version of BS, you will claim you have some medical condition that prevents you from joining.

I came here to talk football with some fans from a visiting team. Instead this stuff is in your football forum.

Congratulating an alum and former player for a major achievement is appropriate. I also would like to congratulate him.

thank you
Waco1947
cowboycwr
Lol. All the libs get butt hurt when people don't automatically support him because he is a baylor alum.

But that isn't a surprise. They are the same ones demanding blind allegiance to a coach that losses to liberty and utsa.
RegentCoverup
Cyclone807 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I love it! We've brought out the Iowa State kooks! And they can't use a message board!(No surprise)

I can speak for anyone i so choose, interloper. And I'm not interested in discussing either football or politics with you. You haven't proven yourself to be qualified at either. This is a private university. You're is a drive through in a corn field. Read that again. And deal with it, ho!
RegentCoverup

Quote:

You're perfectly free and capable of moving to Syria, Iraq, or Afghanistan and starting a peace movement.

You can hand out flowers, live in a VW van and pretend to be John Lennon.

What's stopping you from living out your fairy tale dream, Iowa State kook?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.